Dungeon Crawl Mafia - Game Over (Anyone May post here now!)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 26, 2016, 02:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mintprincess

I personally am interested in hearing about Remy's church.

RedPhoenix

Question Asked: Will you announce when people get their RP victories?

Answer: Because nobody can win an RP victory without also winning the game for their team, RP victories will only be discussed (by me at least) at the end of the game!

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

RedPhoenix

Question Asked: (Generalized) Will our powers ever lie to us?

Answer: Your powers themselves will not lie to you directly (for those familiar with mafia, there are no "insane cop" type roles). However if somebody else's power allows them to fool yours, or if someone has a power that messes with you or your target, you may receive inaccurate results. Whether this has happened is something to figure out in game! :)

Mintprincess

Alright.  I have really thought about things and here is my vote and why.

First, I THINK REMY IS GOOD.   That is my opinion. If I'm wrong, we lose.  But while he's been weird and shady, everyone but Perse has been weird and shady and accused at some point and voted at some point.     Second, PERSE is good.   SO HERE WE GO:

MP vs Guy

Why vote for MP:   She voted for me, however, I already had two votes.  Still, she jumped on that bandwagon faster than I can say Mafia.  But otherwise, I have seen no other shady voting for MP the entire time.   Guy says she worships the devil, but I have ONLY his word to go on and he claims her scryed her before and got that she was not.   He also 100% trusted her as Gold.  Now he doesn't.  I've been on his side the whole time.  If he doesn't trust her... should I?

HOWEVER

Why vote for Guy:  He's flopped around pretty badly on MP and Remy.  MP was gold. Now she worships the devil.  Remy was shady, then golden, now shady again and working with MP and probably bad and been turned.  It seems that their alignments are changed to fit what he needs at the moment.   His weird time where he said someone attacked him and he fought him off was fishy to Remy and Guy never answered the question.  How did he know he was attacked?   

Now it's possible he received inaccurate results the first time for MP due to some other power thing that was going on.  It COULD be.   But then, I also don't recall him ever mentioning scrying MP until this day of posts. If I'm wrong, quote it.   

Basically, I have reasons to kill you both.  And I can't kill you both.  So I have to have a plan that takes that into account.

I'm dead sure I'm dying tonight. 
If the villain is Guy, and we kill MP, and I die, Guy will convince Perse that Remy is the villain and kill him and team villain wins.

If the villain is MP and we kill Guy, and I die, I'm certain that Perse and Remy will vote out MP and we will win.

And that is the reason why I am casting my vote for Guy

This is my VOTE! I am voting for ((THATRPGUY))

And now, I leave the final decision to Remy.

Remiel

Persephone, how about this -- you don't actually have to convert to the Church of Light; you just have to agree that they are superior to the gods of nature.  Sound fair? 

Because, er, I care about your soul.  And stuff.  Hallelujah! Praise the Divine Gods!

Mintprincess

-Mint agrees the Divine Gods are supreme!-

Galactic Druid

.... I can't even right now.

Can I just vote for myself? Is that an option?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

RedPhoenix

Votecount!

Elimination

2 - Madame Professor (persephone325, ThatRPGuy)
2 - ThatRPGuy (Madame Professor, Mintprincess)

Exploration

(No Votes)

With 5 votes in Play, it will take 3 to decide! The day will end 6 PM PST on FRIDAY, or when a party member has three votes to be thrown out!

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 10, 2016, 10:45:34 PM
.... I can't even right now.

Can I just vote for myself? Is that an option?

-hugs-  No. no you can't.   

persephone325

Goodness... There's a lot of information, and I don't know. It's possible that alignments can change in this game, so Guy could be telling the truth that MP started out one way, and then changed along the way.

Isn't there only one bad guy left?

Do you really care about my soul? Or do you just want to find some way to get money out of me? lol
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

That was mostly a joke.

Quote from: persephone325 on February 10, 2016, 11:05:22 PM
Goodness... There's a lot of information, and I don't know. It's possible that alignments can change in this game, so Guy could be telling the truth that MP started out one way, and then changed along the way.

Isn't there only one bad guy left?

Do you really care about my soul? Or do you just want to find some way to get money out of me? lol

Can we make it canon that Remi is a Scientologist?

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on February 10, 2016, 11:05:22 PM

Remy doesn't care about your soul, lol, he wants his RP Victory.   Healy probably does care about character's soul.    REMI OMG IF YOU ARE SCIENTOLOGY YOU AUTO-LOSE THE GAME.

Just sayin'

Galactic Druid

I was definitely wrong about Remi being evil, I got a bad read on him at first, but now I realize he's just going for that sweet sweet RP victory. In a way, it kinda Reminds me of Dead of Winter or BSG. "Is this guy a traitor, or just greedy with his food cards?"

Mintprincess

So get yer damn RP Victory (Perse, just humor him, the poor guy) and then pick one of them.  Right or Wrong, I'm pretty sure whne this day ends I'm done, so really, you all were awesome and great and this was fun and good luck to both teams <3

persephone325

lol Then, yes. Remi, the divine gods are superior to my pagan nature gods. I concede to you.

:P
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

"You won't regret this decision, my child!  The Divine Gods will help and guide us in our hour of need!"

This is my vote! I am voting for Madame Professor!

RedPhoenix

DAY FIVE IS OVER

There is not even any thought of pushing further. The party knows that they must eliminate the evil infiltrators at all costs. After some logic and bribery, a decision is reached.

...*dramatic pause*

Madame Professor, Infiltrator (Neutral Evil Half-Orc Monk, Devil Worshiper) has been eliminated! She was disguised as a True Neutral Half-Orc Monk, Nature Worshiper.

The remaining villagers...

ThatRPGuy, Adventurer (Lawful Good Human Paladin, Divine Gods Worshiper)
Remiel, Adventurer (Lawful Good Human Cleric, Divine Gods Worshiper)
persephone325, Adventurer  (Chaotic Good Half-Orc Barbarian, Nature Worshiper)
Mintprincess, Adventurer  (Chaotic Neutral Dwarf Sorceress, Divine Gods Worshiper)

Along with all of the departed adventurers have WON THE GAME!!!

Anyone can post here now. :)

persephone325

SWEET!!!

Thank you, Remi! Thank you divine gods! lol
I don't know.

RedPhoenix

Afermath

Thirteen had left the tavern a week ago, only four returned. As Remiel, Persephone, Mintprincess and RPGuy drank deeply they regaled the travelers and locals alike with stories of how they had been betrayed, how many good young explorers had died to blades in the dark and other accidents. They told of how after the evil had finally been rooted out the four of them had cleared out the rest of the mine, gaining great wealth and experience in the process! It was just the first of many great adventurers for these four.  They set aside some of the wealth for the family of Seranova, and after several family's claimed he was their child Mintprincess picked the one that resembled him the most. She claimed to be the authority on the subject, which nobody disputed.

Remiel of course credited their victories to Persephone's conversion and made it a cornerstone of his preaching from then on, to which she would just shake her head and roll her eyes, missing some of the angry spark she once had. Mintprincess of course would give all credit to the great power of Chaos, and while her magic often left irreversible changes in it's wake, the others had to confess it was overall quite helpful. It had caught the evil hadn't it? RPGuy meanwhile just muttered to himself, still depressed over the loss of his great love, the goblin.

Yugi's spirit felt peace. The threat was eliminated and his trees would be safe. He closed his eyes and slept the sleep of the forest, becoming one with the great old tree that stood at the center of his grove. Perhaps in the future he would awaken once more.

King Serperior on the other hand, was not so lucky in the afterlife. His great grandpappy, who had given him advice on the journey was endlessly berating him for not only failing to recover the crown of his ancestors, but losing it to a goblin of all things!!!

Blythe's soul settled into the great library of his elven half's ancestry, shooing away all of the other spirits, forever lost to love as he could not find it in the mortal realm, devoted solely to knowledge from here on out.

But the soul of Verasaille had perhaps the most dramatic voyage to the afterlife of all. Her demonic patron claimed her soul the moment it left the poor tiefling's body, in exchange for the pact that was sealed ages ago when the young warlock had offered up her soul. But as the devil's claws grasped onto her, Verasaille found herself slipping through them, and floating up towards the peaceful light to the higher realms. As the demon howled in rage Verasaille understood, her sacrifice had granted her soul the grace she had given up in the mortal realm. She found her peace at long last.

The devil contented herself with the souls of the evil doers who had been vanquished. Madame Professor, Strangefate, and James Moriarty would have plenty of time to regret their actions, or at least their failure, as demonic fire welcomed them to the next world.

Great Game Everyone! :)

The following fulfilled their RP victories:

Remiel, Mintprincess, Verasaille, Yugi. (I told you some were easier than others).

persephone325

My RP victory was to respond angrily to the first person who replied to something I said each day. I did it once, and then was just like "I can't figure out how to do this!" lmao
I don't know.

Remiel

Red Phoenix, is there any way we could get a list of what powers everybody had, and what their RP victory conditions were?

Remiel

Quote from: persephone325 on February 11, 2016, 01:32:19 AM
My RP victory was to respond angrily to the first person who replied to something I said each day. I did it once, and then was just like "I can't figure out how to do this!" lmao

I figured mine was going to be impossible to do and didn't even bother trying.

And then, thanks to Mintprincess' indecision, you guys put me in the perfect position to hold the vote hostage!  I couldn't resist, sorry Guy!

RedPhoenix

After the Credits...

Several hundred miles away...

Upon a glorious throne of golden lattice design which lush green plants weave through and form a natural seat sits the great elven queen. She should be content with the cool breeze and bright sun shining through the open sky above, or distracted by the beautiful music being coaxed from the harp by her royal musicians, or the dancing illusions drawn up by her conjurers. But she is quite vexed. Recently the goblins to the north of her lands have grown disturbingly organized. They are logging, digging and building day and night. No matter how many are driven off or pierced with arrows, more appear to take their place.

A messenger approaches, he looks equally upset. "Your majesty." He drops to one knee. In his hand he holds a rather ratty looking parchment.

"Yes. What is it?" The queen says with unusual terseness.

"Our scouts report the goblins have finished their digging and chopping for now. Miles of the forest and earth have been collapsed and stacked upon itself to build a great partition between the northern forest and our lands."

"Those vile things. For what fell purpose would they wreck such calamity on the land herself?" The queen wailed.

"Well uh, that's what his message is about."

The queen's eyes narrowed as the messenger held up the parchment and read it.

"To the elf queen who I wouldn't date even if she were my daughter," The messenger glanced at his queen nervously as he read, "We have had enough of you sending your criminals and murderers across our border. More goblins have died at the hands of elven rangers and other illegal border crossers in the past year than any other source of death according to our highly reliable voodoo math. We will have no more. It is time to make the goblin lands great again! Please remit payment for the cost of the wall, which totals to..."

"STOP." The elf queen snapped. "How did that goblin end up in charge anyway? Things were fine when they were fractured and divided."

"Well, they say it is his crown. All other goblins respect the great shininess of it. They say he acquired it by disguising himself as an adventurer and stealing it right out from under their noses!"

"Disguise you say?" The queen looked thoughtful. "Perhaps it is time we used our magic to make some disguises of our own...and send a small group of elite warriors to sneak into the goblin's court to end this nonsense once and for all."

Dramatic fade out heavily implying a sequel but making no promises. :P

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on February 11, 2016, 01:33:57 AM
I figured mine was going to be impossible to do and didn't even bother trying.

And then, thanks to Mintprincess' indecision, you guys put me in the perfect position to hold the vote hostage!  I couldn't resist, sorry Guy!

I'm just glad you were a good guy, and giving you the win didn't change my win condition either.
I don't know.