Fast and the Furious: Miami Burnout (Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, October 17, 2014, 07:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Divine Tenacity

I will make changes later when my guest go home.

Hope more guys join in on this.
Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Rel Mayer

Awww? No bicurious characters?

:D

-inserts really creepy eyebrows-

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 18, 2014, 02:03:09 PM

Im totally down for our characters boning Rel. :p

Rel Mayer

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Juggtacular

Dontae is gonna have to control himself around all these sexy ladies, lol.

Lynnette

Quote from: Rel Mayer on October 18, 2014, 02:03:09 PM

Mine is bisexual, so no need to insert moderately creepy eyebrows :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Divine Tenacity

Damn... ill change up what I have for a history. On my phone so there is no way i am going to touch it at the moment.

Also, going to see what I can do about adding some dongles to this rp. :p

Dashenka

Zenya Semenova

Nickname: *Not required*

Current Occupation: Amateur model

Hobbies outside of racing: Hanging around town, gaming.

Appearance/Style Description: Comfortable but chiq.

Personality: Zenya really is the stereotype still waters run deep. She is warm and friendly once you get to know her but she usually stays in the background until she is comfortable. Smart and witty, she doesn't really understand simple people all that well and often gets into trouble for giving her raw opinion. Some would call her shy and careful but once behind the wheel, all that changes.

History: Zenya was born in Novosibirsk, Russia. Her parents weren't rich and they were both working in order to make ends meet. When Zenya became better and better in computer games she entered some tournaments and with the price money she invested in her first car. It was a crappy old car but in the dead of night in Russia's 3rd largest city, she was slowly gaining fame and with the fame came more money.

At day she went to school and was good at it. She graduated with honours and was given a scholarship for the University of Moscow. With her move to Moscow, she left her fame behind in Novosibirsk but she did take her car with her and soon began making a name for herself in Moscow as well. While at university she got discovered by a model scout and Zenya accepted it. The pay was poor and the work was mostly not that great but she managed to save money from her modelling job and racing.

Just when she had given up on her modelling career, she got a once in a lifetime offer from the US. She accepted the offer and moved to Miami where she was introduced to a modelling agency that could really be her big break through. Racing though was in her blood and from her savings and the money from selling her Russian racer, she bought and imported the TVR from the UK and has now finally made it ready to race.

Current Situation: About to be given a major modelling contract.

Car: 2001 TVR Tuscan Speed 6
4.0 Litre straight six

Strengths:

Car Control. TVR's are known to be a handful. Powerful engine and little to no driver aids. This is no problem for Zenya, she knows how to get the car by the throat and trash it around without spinning off.

Calm. It takes a lot to unsettle Zenya, bot in and out of a car.

Outsider. Though very new in America, a lot of the Russian population in Florida support her. Both in racing and her modelling.

Weaknesses:

A bit of a nerd. Despite being pretty sexy and desirable, Zenya isn't the most social person.

Not very strong. She lacks the physical strength of other racers.

Intorelant to heat. Too much heat for too long will weaken her concentration and skills.

Drifting. Kicking the tail out in a corner is one, keeping it there is a second. Zenya's not very good at it, nor is the car.

Knyghtskye

Reserving a spot! Gotta come up with a character this weekend! Fuckin' awesome!
What each must seek in his life never was on land or sea. It is something out of his own unique potentiality for experience, something that never has been and never could have been experienced by anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

Lightshock16

Still looking for more people Red? I may transfer Marky over if it's okay? :)

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Knyghtskye on October 18, 2014, 03:49:51 PM
Reserving a spot! Gotta come up with a character this weekend! Fuckin' awesome!

Glad to see you around!  ;)

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Go ahead and add a racing oriented weakness to your character sheer Dash! Maybe a track type, or part of a race she's not very good at. Take off, drifting, coming in to the finish line, etc.

Also, would she already be apart of the team, and living in the house?
- scribus1000

Dashenka

No I don't think she's part of anything yet :) I'll add the weakness.

Lightshock16

Mark Andrew Terrazi - 'Brit'

Nickname: 'Quick Brit' is his Racer nickname, while 'Sparky' is the nickname among the gang, due to it rhyming with his Forename and since He does deal with Electronics' a lot.

Current Occupation: Sales Assistant in a Video Game Store.

Hobbies outside of racing: Due to his Job he's a keen Video game player (enjoys RPG's As well as of course Racing Games), and he also enjoys Watching Stand-up Comedy, both on TV and going to live gigs. Also a Casual Dragonball Z fan.

Appearance/Style Description: His Blonde hair is usually Styled as it is in the pic, but sometimes (usually on special occasion's) he gives it more flare, styling and spiking it a little more. His Dress Sense is generally pretty Casual, Preferring Normal Shirt and Jean's to the prim and proper Shirt and Tie. He will Dress more formally if it requires, but it's not a preference. His Body Is quite thin, but he's more muscular and Strong than he let's on, and can more than Hold his own in fight's, Depending on who he's fighting of course.

Personality: Mark's Generally a fun-loving, cheerful young man who enjoys living Life to the fullest and Having a good time all the time. He does tend to be a bit quiet and more reserved around people he doesn't know too well, but He is generally quite quick at warming to people so long as He can trust them and they don't annoying him intently. He isn't necessarily concerned about getting ridiculously rich, but at the same time He understand's that money tends to make the world go round, so He will jump on any chance to gain easy money he can. Something to be noted is that he can be a hothead at times, and will quickly get angry if he is pushed too far.

History: Mark was born In the United Kingdom in a town called 'Reading'. Street Racing wasn't common in Reading, but Mark's passion for Car's instead Generated from watching motorsport on the TV. being a particular fan of Mercedes Cars in DTM and Formula 1, Mark's Dream soon became to Drive a Mercedes, although he wasn't sure which he wanted to drive. He briefly thought about pursing a career in motorsport, but he had to drop His dream's when his Parent's moved him with them to the united States at the age of 17.

It was when he got to the United states that Mark's passion for Car's helped him immediately connect with Street Racing. Using Money Both earned by himself and some given to him by his parent's, He bought his Dodge Challenger and a small Apartment in Miami, Florida. He immediately found a job he felt comfortable with working at a local video game store, and he continued earning money, most of which has gone into his Car. He's used this to his advantage and Gained moderate Success in the Underground Street Racing Scene in quite a short amount of time, gaining the Nickname of the 'Quick Brit' due to his British Heritage.

(Space reserved for any Team connection's)

Current Situation: Currently Working and Racing to gain money to continue modifying his Challenger. He does hope he can get a Higher-Spec car someday, but his Challenger is still his baby, and he's in no rush to get rid of it. He's also doing anything he can to help at the Shop, his electronic know-how coming in handy.

Car: 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T

Strengths:

• Peerless Car Control - When it comes to knowing just how to make a Car Move in any direction, Mark is faultless. He has an almost Sixth Sense when it comes to Car Control, and will know exactly what to do with almost any car in almost any situation. If it's FWD, he'll know to lay off the throttle to kill the understeer. If it's RWD, he'll know the perfect way to slide the car around the corner while avoiding the threat of oversteer, and if it's 4WD, He'll know how to maximize the extra grip the 4WD system gives...as well as knowing that he can get away with some off-road stuff in them too.

• Aggression - Mark is also known to be both Fearless and Aggressive when behind the wheel of a Car. He's not afraid to trade paint with his Rival's if the end result is victory, and he's also Very quick to hit the accelerator at the start of races due to his aggressive Nature. Combine this with his ability to know the feel of a car, and you have a Racer who knows exactly what he's doing, and will do anything he can to make sure he does it.

• British Charm - His British Upbringing, Accent and mannerism's Can Generally be of good use to him on American Soil. The Accent in particular is quite helpful when it come's to getting thing's that the group may desire, more particularly If it requires convincing someone of the Female Variety.

• 'Sparky Marky' - True to his nickname, Electronics's are generally his Main service specialty. It help's in both his illicit Street racing Career and also his current Day Job as a Video Game Store Sales Assistant. He's Very Adept at fixing Electrical Devices, and should always be the one to call on if anything need's a new fuse, a new bulb....Or if an Electric Lock Need's Breaking.

Weaknesses:

• Aggression - Unfortunately, the same Aggression that help's Mark can also be a Severe Hindrance to his Racing. His Aggression can often lead to his temper flaring if thing's aren't going his way in races, and when he's hot under the wheel, His Driving can grow more Clumsy, and his Aggressive Driving nature can lead to him either damaging his car badly, or, even with his amazing car control, Putting the boot down too soon and spinning out or Understeering wildly, depending on the car. His Aggression Is the definition of a Double-Edged Sword. His Hotheadedness can also be a problem for his crewmates depending on the situation.

• Females - Another of Mark's main weaknesses is that, unless it's a serious situation, he will almost NEVER be able to say no to a Girl. A Female would literally just have to give a bit of a seductive Tone to her voice, and Mark would almost immediately be putty in their hand. Although this usually just end's up with him being forced to do the icky job's that the female's in the group don't want to do...It could end up being a Very Detrimental weakness Later on in more serious incident's in his life.

• Streetwise - Due to having only lived in America for about 3 and a half years, and while his British charm does help him remain quite a cool customer in the street-racing scene, he's not what you would call Street-smart. He can often get confused at what some people say to him in stereotypical gangsta slang, and it can make him come across as slightly too upper-class, despite his casual clothing preference. It's not a major weakness, just don't expect him to be able to communicate well with Major Gangsta playa's and what not. (God that proves it since I have zero street-smart in me too. xD)
[/spoiler]

Dashenka

BruceTheCat

Brit is of course Approved, Light! I'd like if you make him currently a part of the team. Maybe he's a new member, and this is his first official race with the rest. Or maybe he's been with them for a little while now.
- scribus1000

Knyghtskye

Takeo Tsukiyomi Kazehaya

Nickname: “Breeze”, “T.K.”

Current Occupation: Works as a Heavy Equipment Operator for a large junkyard outside Miami City limits.

Hobbies outside of racing: Practices MMA/Martial Arts, Japanese Swordsman, Musician (Bamboo Flute), amateur auto repair, knows 15 card games as well as Majong, self-taught Japanese Cook, Published Haiku Writer, Meditates regularly, practices natural health.

Appearance/Style Description: T.K. stands as a remarkable melding of Eastern & Western Culture; blending easily his Japanese Heritage with the lure of Western Materialism. He dresses simply yet fashionably, loves to show off the tattoo he obtained shortly before leaving Tokyo, and often ties his luxurious hair in a proud ponytail (adding to the allure of his often-assumed Samurai Heritage).

Personality: Sophisticated yet rugged, charismatic yet quietly watchful, sharp-tongued yet always in control; he is a man of contradictions and hidden facets. Takeo, otherwise known as T.K. to his friends or “Breeze” on the track, seems to have been built for life in the Western World. He speaks Japanese and English fluently, and can easily connect with most people that he meets; however, he is always holding back and always evaluating. He may appear, at times, to live up to the “emotionless” stereotype of his people, but behind his brandy-brown eyes is a cautious and attentive mind. Though outwardly kind, he will not go out of his way to affect someone’s day for better or worse. T.K. attempts to follow the Tenets & Principles of Buddhism, as is common amongst his Countrymen, but he’s no Saint and he knows it.

History: Takeo was born to a family of 7’th Generation Commercial Fishermen in the Izu Islands outside of Tokyo, Japan. After a particularly violent Volcanic Eruption, his entire family moved their operations to the Tokyo Metropolis. Living in the gorgeous Capital of the East was difficult for the youngest son of a poor fisherman, but young Takeo preoccupied himself with the lure of Western Culture. At age 14, his life took a drastic turn… He became the personal messenger of a member of the Yakuza Crime Syndicate known as “Iwagana-kai”. At age 15, he began assisting in the general day-to-day operations associated with running some of the city’s most prosperous illegal racing circuits. From age 15 until age 20, Takeo was drawn into the seductive (and sometimes violent) world of Underground Street Racing, Illegal Gambling, Auto Theft, and Gangland Intimidation. In order to protect his young son from the lure of a Life of Crime, Takeo’s father sent him to live in America; as far from Tokyo as possible. Takeo, or “T.K” as he’s often called, has lived in Miami for 6 years, and been driving for 5. He lives on his own and works full-time at a large junkyard outside the City Limits. Continuing some hobbies from his childhood, T.K. has spent most of his young life involved in various Martial Arts and uses his training to compete in amateur MMA competitions, albeit rarely.   

Current Situation: Trying to make some extra money doing a few underground races, here & there. Crushing cars by day, and enjoying Miami’s gorgeous nightlife once the sun goes down…

Car:2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT; 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Power windows/locks/mirrors, rear spoiler, Traction Control, dual-stage six airbag safety system, ABS Brakes, Center Display w/ Temp & Compass

Strengths:

Meditative Mind: Everything else comes second when he’s switched on. T.K. is capable of shutting off his emotions and totally focusing on what’s before his eyes; behind the wheel, he is at one with the road and off the track, he is deeply focused and present in every moment. 
Criminal Childhood: Between the ages of 15 and 20, T.K. was exposed to a detailed glimpse into the world of Underground Racing; Specifically, the Criminal Aspects associated with auto theft and sales, underground gambling, security, and promotion. There is very little regarding such subjects that he does not possess (at minimum) a basic understanding. He keeps such information closely guarded, and doesn’t believe he’ll ever have use of it.
Slipstream: Having learned a few secrets from some of Tokyo’s greatest native racers, T.K. knows just how to use the wind as an advantage against other competitors. He has been practicing the legendary “Slingshot Pass” for the past few years, and has shown a penchant for stealing position seemingly “out of the blue”.
Warrior-Scholar: T.K. possesses a background in multiple Martial Arts including Jujutsu, Iaido, and Kendo. He has also studied the psychological and historical aspects of warfare, and often applies such philosophical principles to his daily life… as well as his racing. He is extremely competitive, and would rather die than give up anything he hasn’t lost.
Memories of Home:T.K. loves Japanese culture and cuisine, and enjoys sharing stories of home over a meal. It's one of the few ways to get him to talk.

Weaknesses:

Hates A/C: T.K. would rather drive with his windows down then use his air conditioning; in fact, he often rolls his windows down even in the intense heat of the day, preferring the feel the wind than close himself in a box.
Track Racer: T.K.’s favorite tracks are longer events full of tight corners, straightaways, and drawn-out battles of supremacy. In his mind, racing is warfare in another form, and only through speed and guile will the strong succeed. Neither his vehicle nor his skillset are particularly effective at drag-racing.
Criminal Mind: Though he may try to deny it, he still thinks like one of them…
Honorable Sacrifice: The pinky finger on T.K.'s left hand is missing, cut off at the first knuckle. The cut is clean, and he never talks about it... This disability has made driving using his left hand more difficult at times.
Asshole Boss: T.K. sometimes daydreams of dropping a car on the suit-wearing prick who threatens, once a week, to replace T.K. with a robot.
What each must seek in his life never was on land or sea. It is something out of his own unique potentiality for experience, something that never has been and never could have been experienced by anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

mj2002

Dashenka

Ive editted Zenya's history a little bit. She's now new in town. Hope that's alright.

Divine Tenacity

Made recommended changes to my sheet. Hope its better now. :P