DC Comics: The Last Age

Started by Ascia, November 20, 2013, 11:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbles

AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Batman4560

hall

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but it's always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Requests Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144465.msg6507599#msg6507599

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ascia

While I construct the OOC, I do need to know who each person is aiming to play. This isn't a reservation system, merely giving me an idea of how best to tell the story/plot given which characters are likely to be PCs. Also please let me know if you also want to play their 'past' self as well.

I'll be using Supergirl as my main character. Uncertain if I'll be using her past self.

Scribbles

Power Girl for me, the present, not the past.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Ascia

Quote from: Scribbles on December 03, 2013, 11:16:01 AM
Power Girl for me, the present, not the past.

That's three for House Steel so far: Power Girl (you), Wonder Woman (Zach), and Supergirl (me).

ShadowFox89

Hmm... not entirely sure. Most likely an OC, but I've got too many ideas >.<
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ascia

The OOC is up and open.

PhantomPistoleer

I was going to post interest in playing Dick Grayson, but someone else snagged him.  I looked at your roster and saw that the character hadn't been taken.  So, uh, what's the haps?  Is Dick Grayson taken?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ascia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2013, 02:30:09 PM
I was going to post interest in playing Dick Grayson, but someone else snagged him.  I looked at your roster and saw that the character hadn't been taken.  So, uh, what's the haps?  Is Dick Grayson taken?

The roster spots already taken are Zach and myself; two people I can say with certainty will give forth character sheets I'll approve with little or no questions. (And we will be doing CSs, I'm doing mine now for Supergirl.)

Everyone else is open for application. Two people may apply for the same character, knowing I can only approve one for a character. Although a past Richard Grayson (Nightwing) and a future Richard Grayson (Batman) would be different characters that could both be in the game.

Deathnote

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2013, 02:30:09 PM

Yeah, I was the one who expressed interest in playing Dick Grayson.  I don't mind you taking that character, though.  I'll just play as Wally West, member of the House of Titans.  ^_^

Btw, do you intend to play as past Dick Grayson or future Dick Grayson?  ~_^

PhantomPistoleer

CHARACTER SUBMISSION TIME!  NananananananananananaBATMAN!

BATMAN
Human Caucasian Male, Heterosexual

Description
He swore an oath as a child to eternally war against crime in the glow of a single candlelight.  He emerged from the cavern to become his own man, to fight crime his own way; but then, that which happens to all soldiers in a battle that lasts forever happened.  Bruce Wayne, his father and mentor, perished.  Dick Grayson assumed the mantle and cowl, and now, he is vengeance, he is the night, he is Batman!

This particular Batman's reality is not altogether dissimilar from the current DCU, except that this man has experienced the life of Batman for six years.  As such, he has had the privilege of acting as field leader of the Justice League of America and served as Chairman of the Justice Society of America.  Also, he has participated in every major event, including the War of the Lanterns, the Omega Initiative, World War IV and the Ultimate Crisis.

Appearance

Skills:

Acrobat:  Dick Grayson is considered to be the greatest acrobat the world has ever known, and as such, possessed at one time the strength, speed and endurance of an Olympic-level athlete.  After the events of the Omega Directive, Dick Grayson’s strength is in the threshold between peak human and metahuman, while his speed and endurance have become superhuman.

Detective:  After the death of Bruce Wayne and the Elongated Man, Dick Grayson assumed the title of the world’s greatest detective.

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Dick Grayson is considered to be a L13 martial artist, and is a master of 130 different martial arts.  He has trained under Richard Dragon, the Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva and Batman himself for almost his entire life.

Leader:  Dick Grayson has led a number of teams since he was a teenager; the Teen Titans, the Titans, the Justice League of America, the Outsiders and the Justice Society of America.  As such, he has developed the interpersonal skills to be an effective and highly competent leader.  Dick Grayson served as a general of earth during the Omega Directive.

Weapon’s Engineer:  Dick Grayson is a competent engineer and field operator of complex electrical and mechanical weapons and contraptions.

Powers:

Superhuman:  Dick Grayson is considered a superhuman by the U.S. legislature, because of his superhuman strength, speed and endurance.  He can run 30 mph and lift 3 tons at optimal conditions, as well as survive small arms ordnance at close range.

Devices:  Dick Grayson’s batsuit is designed to give him the tactical upper hand in any fight.  Aside from the electrical hardware, Batman’s outfit houses a Blitzen suit—a disastrous teleportation device that is lethal to ordinary humans, a light-bending simulacrum that enables Batman to go invisible, a three-dimensional film ray that produces lifelike images of bats and a molecular disassembler that permits Batman to become intangible.  Furthermore, the bat suit houses standard equipment such as: a utility belt, a paracape (effective for gliding) and batglove talons.

Utility Belt:  Dick Grayson possesses a utility belt that houses batarangs, escrima sticks, mini computers and a number of aerosol-based anti-personnel munitions.

Weaknesses
None; Dick Grayson is, like most metahumans, susceptible but highly resistant to physical and energy attacks, and highly susceptible to psychic attacks.  Though he has superhuman stamina, his work ethic often leads him to exhaustion. 

Note:  Dick Grayson is highly resistant to the ingestion of narcotics and foreign chemicals.

The Bat-Man
Occupation: Crime Fighter, Director of the Northern Delegation of Nations
Bases of Operations: Gotham City Affiliation: JLA, JSA, Titans, Oracle
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ShadowFox89

I wonder if I can use gaslight Catwoman for this xD
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ascia

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on December 03, 2013, 02:56:37 PM
I wonder if I can use gaslight Catwoman for this xD

I don't know how she makes it to this particular plane. lol

Ascia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2013, 02:56:09 PM
CHARACTER SUBMISSION TIME!  NananananananananananaBATMAN!

BATMAN
Human Caucasian Male, Heterosexual

Description
He swore an oath as a child to eternally war against crime in the glow of a single candlelight.  He emerged from the cavern to become his own man, to fight crime his own way; but then, that which happens to all soldiers in a battle that lasts forever happened.  Bruce Wayne, his father and mentor, perished.  Dick Grayson assumed the mantle and cowl, and now, he is vengeance, he is the night, he is Batman!

This particular Batman's reality is not altogether dissimilar from the current DCU, except that this man has experienced the life of Batman for six years.  As such, he has had the privilege of acting as field leader of the Justice League of America and served as Chairman of the Justice Society of America.  Also, he has participated in every major event, including the War of the Lanterns, the Omega Initiative, World War IV and the Ultimate Crisis.

Appearance

Skills:

Acrobat:  Dick Grayson is considered to be the greatest acrobat the world has ever known, and as such, possessed at one time the strength, speed and endurance of an Olympic-level athlete.  After the events of the Omega Directive, Dick Grayson’s strength is in the threshold between peak human and metahuman, while his speed and endurance have become superhuman.

Detective:  After the death of Bruce Wayne and the Elongated Man, Dick Grayson assumed the title of the world’s greatest detective.

Hand-to-Hand Combat: Dick Grayson is considered to be a L13 martial artist, and is a master of 130 different martial arts.  He has trained under Richard Dragon, the Bronze Tiger, Lady Shiva and Batman himself for almost his entire life.

Leader:  Dick Grayson has led a number of teams since he was a teenager; the Teen Titans, the Titans, the Justice League of America, the Outsiders and the Justice Society of America.  As such, he has developed the interpersonal skills to be an effective and highly competent leader.  Dick Grayson served as a general of earth during the Omega Directive.

Weapon’s Engineer:  Dick Grayson is a competent engineer and field operator of complex electrical and mechanical weapons and contraptions.

Powers:

Superhuman:  Dick Grayson is considered a superhuman by the U.S. legislature, because of his superhuman strength, speed and endurance.  He can run 30 mph and lift 3 tons at optimal conditions, as well as survive small arms ordnance at close range.

Devices:  Dick Grayson’s batsuit is designed to give him the tactical upper hand in any fight.  Aside from the electrical hardware, Batman’s outfit houses a Blitzen suit—a disastrous teleportation device that is lethal to ordinary humans, a light-bending simulacrum that enables Batman to go invisible, a three-dimensional film ray that produces lifelike images of bats and a molecular disassembler that permits Batman to become intangible.  Furthermore, the bat suit houses standard equipment such as: a utility belt, a paracape (effective for gliding) and batglove talons.

Utility Belt:  Dick Grayson possesses a utility belt that houses batarangs, escrima sticks, mini computers and a number of aerosol-based anti-personnel munitions.

Weaknesses
None; Dick Grayson is, like most metahumans, susceptible but highly resistant to physical and energy attacks, and highly susceptible to psychic attacks.  Though he has superhuman stamina, his work ethic often leads him to exhaustion. 

Note:  Dick Grayson is highly resistant to the ingestion of narcotics and foreign chemicals.

The Bat-Man
Occupation: Crime Fighter, Director of the Northern Delegation of Nations
Bases of Operations: Gotham City Affiliation: JLA, JSA, Titans, Oracle

Well, it's a very nice character sheet!...it just doesn't tell me the things I need to know. Check out the CS info laid out in the OOC for that.  :-)

PhantomPistoleer

Name:
Appearance:

Biography:

OOC Notes:

You mean THIS?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ascia

PhantomPistoleer

::scratches chin::

Um, aside from age and an affiliation based in the fictional world, can you sort of elaborate exactly what I should expound upon?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ascia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2013, 03:11:51 PM
::scratches chin::

Um, aside from age and an affiliation based in the fictional world, can you sort of elaborate exactly what I should expound upon?

Where's he come from? How'd he come to be Batman? Any family, friends? Connections? Alfred? Wayne Manor? Was Richard ever a legal ward, or even apart of Bruce's life? If he was a legal ward, any ties to Wayne Enterprises? Was he ever a Titan, a JLer? If so does he view those Houses differently? Does he have a Bat-family? Does he not allow one? Where is his HQ? The House of Steel holds Gotham City, after all.

You don't specifically have to answer all of those questions, but I need to know you understand the character and the character's place in the setting. Batman's a big character in this game: he leads the Free States, he's had access to rare and even alien technology and unlimited assets even after the fall of most world governments. He's leading the effort to take down Superman and House Steel, especially to keep it from it from uniting with House Thunder.

In essence, give me his Bio.  ;)

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Ascia on December 03, 2013, 03:32:56 PM
Where's he come from? How'd he come to be Batman? Any family, friends? Connections? Alfred? Wayne Manor? Was Richard ever a legal ward, or even apart of Bruce's life? If he was a legal ward, any ties to Wayne Enterprises? Was he ever a Titan, a JLer? If so does he view those Houses differently? Does he have a Bat-family? Does he not allow one? Where is his HQ? The House of Steel holds Gotham City, after all.

You don't specifically have to answer all of those questions, but I need to know you understand the character and the character's place in the setting. Batman's a big character in this game: he leads the Free States, he's had access to rare and even alien technology and unlimited assets even after the fall of most world governments. He's leading the effort to take down Superman and House Steel, especially to keep it from it from uniting with House Thunder.

In essence, give me his Bio.  ;)

Look, if that's why I am getting the third degree, then he isn't THE Batman, just A Batman.  I would prefer for the character's history to unfold naturally and through story-telling rather than my just blurting out a bunch of facts.  The truth is, he is a blend of all Dick Graysons...  Earth 1 Dick who became a politician, Earth 2 Dick who became Batman, Dick Grayson from DKR who becomes a meta (though not a bad guy), etc.  He could be from an alternate reality, a future imperfect, or whatever.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Ascia

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on December 03, 2013, 04:06:10 PM
Look, if that's why I am getting the third degree, then he isn't THE Batman, just A Batman.  I would prefer for the character's history to unfold naturally and through story-telling rather than my just blurting out a bunch of facts.  The truth is, he is a blend of all Dick Graysons...  Earth 1 Dick who became a politician, Earth 2 Dick who became Batman, Dick Grayson from DKR who becomes a meta (though not a bad guy), etc.  He could be from an alternate reality, a future imperfect, or whatever.

I'm not asking for a third degree, I'm asking for the Character Sheet as laid out in the OOC. Need an example? I just posted my Supergirl character sheet to the OOC.

Batman4560

I am often told that there is a "Conflict of Interest" When I play Batman...So I'd like to play Green Arrow. Past, if at all possible.

Ascia

Quote from: Batman4560 on December 03, 2013, 04:37:55 PM
I am often told that there is a "Conflict of Interest" When I play Batman...So I'd like to play Green Arrow. Past, if at all possible.

All it takes is a visit from John Constantine to get a past hero zapped to the story's start. He'll join up with Batman's lot to stop the wedding.