X-Men Re-imagined - All welcome! - Could use more straight male chars, too!

Started by Orange Marmalade, May 18, 2014, 06:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asher

I would very much like to take him. If that is alright with you? Ill go try and find his CS and see if I want to change much.
I am 100% okay with random PM's.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Asher on June 13, 2014, 04:50:48 PM
I would very much like to take him. If that is alright with you? Ill go try and find his CS and see if I want to change much.

Sure thing, take a look: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=204481.msg10033637#msg10033637

Asher

Everything looks good to me and when Alias messages me back I might do the write up for Havok.

Is there anything in particular I need to do for Colossus? Any forms that his former controller didn't fill out?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Asher on June 13, 2014, 04:56:55 PM
Everything looks good to me and when Alias messages me back I might do the write up for Havok.

Is there anything in particular I need to do for Colossus? Any forms that his former controller didn't fill out?

Looks like he's good to go - check out our forum here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=549.0 and you can post him up in our Approved Characters thread. Aside from that check out the first posts of this thread and our OOC thread for necessary information about the setting, links to Dorm rooms and the like and then feel free to drop him in. Best to assume he's a first year student at Xavier's and school for the year just started :) Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Asher

Wajin

*Pounces OM* Any comments on Black Bolt? He's almost done now <.< didn't update the WIP spoiler though, just want your overall opinions on it
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on June 13, 2014, 05:30:45 PM
*Pounces OM* Any comments on Black Bolt? He's almost done now <.< didn't update the WIP spoiler though, just want your overall opinions on it

It's a good start, but there's still a lot of stuff to be finished on him before I can give him a full lookover.

TamaRose

So, what should I do about the characters I sent you? I didn't really want to use Eva for this one because I didn't think she really fit here and Autumn..I don't really want to change her powers because that is how I made her. I worked hard on her long ago and I don't want to change her. Sorry!

Daelen

I wasn't sure if we posted or if you did, to put them in Approved Characters. Now that I see the answer to that, when I get back from my parents' place I'll put Tony up.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!

"This is Life. The struggle is what reminds us to draw breath."

Cthonig

Venom version 2.1 (this post has been modified from version 2 with further adjustments)

For Venom I did a modification of the origin presented in the cartoon Ultimate Spider-Man with further modifications based on parameters set by Orange Marmalade.

"Symbiont" is the correct term for a symbiotic being. Using that term also sets it apart from the Symbiotes as they are an alien race – which currently aren't allowed in the RP.

WIP Trevor Tesch / Venom

Trevor Tesch / Venom
BASIC INFO:
Host's Legal Name: Trevor Tesch
Symbiont's Legal Name: Bioplasmic Augmentation Sheath 4.07
Codename/Nickname/Aliases: Venom
Citizenship and other legal info: American
Host's Place of Birth: Appleton, Wisconsin
Symbiont's Place of Birth: an unknown laboratory in the USA – somewhere within 200 miles of New York City.
Education: in progress
Astrophysics
Optics
General Studies

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
Host's Height: 5' 10"
Host's Weight: 153
Host's Hair color: brown
Host's Eye color: brown
Host's Gender: male
Host's Ethnicity:caucasian
Host's Age: 16
Host's General Appearance: see images
Symbiont's General Appearance: black mass of ooze

OTHER INFORMATION:
Host's Orientation: gay
Host's Ons/Offs: Trevor is fairly inexperienced so he doesn't really know his interests & limits yet. (Ons: anal, Offs: bathroom stuff, pain)
Goals: His goal had been to become an astrophysicist but now he feels an obligation to become a hero.
Wealth Level: 1 – not employed
Host's Personality:Trevor has incredible compassion for others even if he doesn't totally understand them. He takes things too literally usually and often has over-thought things in the time others are just thinking about them the first time through. He finds humor in double entendres that others unintentionally say often smiling or chuckling seemingly for no reason although he can tell someone who asks what amuses him – if they really want to know. The fact that he is gay but has a very poorly functioning gaydar is another source of angst for the teen.
Symbiont's Personality: The symbiont is more intelligent and aware than its creators intended but it is like a dog – clever but very basic in its behavior. Being born in a flask then experimented upon it is angry and bitter. But like a dog, it accepts Trevor because the teen accepts it and needs it as much as it needs him.

SCHOOL INFO:
Classes Taken: electives chosen: Computers - Mon/Wed 3pm; Physical Education - Tue/Thu 3pm
Year: high school junior
Club Memberships or Sponsorships: none yet
Roommate: random but he would have asked for a quiet roommate

STATS: as Trevor / as Venom (the symbiont needs to be on the exterior to augment Trevor's physical capabilities) 
Fighting: 1 / 4 - Agility: 3 / 7 - Strength: 2 / 5 - Endurance: 3 / 6 - Reason: 7 - Intuition: 5 - Psyche: 5

Symbiont's Stats: These only apply if it is not bonded with someone.
Fighting: 2 - Agility: 4 - Strength: 3 - Endurance: 3 - Reason: 2 - Intuition: 2 - Psyche: 3

POWERS:
Superhuman Durability – Venom's body is highly resistant to physical injury, capable of withstanding assault from high-caliber bullets as well as attacks from super powered individuals. Venom is capable of absorbing bullets from small-arms weapons firing conventional ammunition.
Superhuman Stamina – Venom is also capable of surviving in harmful areas for long periods of time such as underwater or in toxic gases, the symbiont filtering breathable air to the host.
Accelerated Healing Factor – Additionally, the symbiont is capable of healing injuries in the host at a faster rate than normal human healing allows. The symbiont is also capable of healing injuries and illnesses that current human medical care cannot such as cancer.
Wall-Crawling – The symbiont can cling to walls by controlling the flux of inter-atomic attraction between molecular boundary layers.
Webbing Generation – Venom can shoot strands of itself in the form of "webbing" at high pressure up to a distance of 70 feet. The symbiont's substance seems to be composed of tough, flexible fibers of organic polymers, which regenerate swiftly after "shedding." The strands have extraordinary adhesive properties, which diminish rapidly once they abandon their living source. After about three hours, with no source to nourish them, the strands dry up like dead skin and dissolve into a powder. The strands possess a tensile strength of 125 pounds per square millimeter of cross section. Since the webbing itself comprises the symbiont, if Venom generates too much he will be left vulnerable as the symbiont is weakened and unable to replenish his lost mass for a short period of time. In addition to creating webbing, the symbiont can form tentacles or tendrils to attack or ensnare his opponents.
Camouflage Capabilities – The symbiont is capable of mimicking the appearance of any form of clothing.

Life Detection – When on its own, the symbiont is capable of detecting living beings it can potentially bond with.

ADVANTAGES:
3-D sense – The 3-D sense quirk is indicative of the ability to think in 3-D, as opposed to the normal 2-D that folks normally resort to. The character with this mental quirk isn't ever at a disadvantage against foes simply based on their position relative to him/herself.
Alertness – This quirk demonstrates a preternatural awareness of one's surroundings. Characters with this quirk are rarely surprised by others, even when confronted by trained sneaky-folk or any stealth technology. Furthermore, the alert character is a terminally light sleeper; it is almost impossible to sneak up on them, even if they are asleep!
Quick Learning (limited – only if he is interested in the subject) – The character is a quick learner. In game terms, he can acquire new talents at half the normal rate, and at 75 % of the original cost. This also applies to powers that are learned talent-equivalents.
Omnidexterity – Similar to ambidexterity, omnidexterity allows a character to use all of his extremities as well as he could his normal action limb. It can come in handy, especially if the character has more than one set of arms, legs, tentacles, etc.

DISADVANTAGES:
Bluntness – The character with this quirk doesn't see the need to mince words, or simply isn't aware that what he's saying is rather ... direct.
Compulsiveness – Trevor is almost always tapping his fingers on something which shifts to pounding on his thigh with his knuckles when anxious/troubled.
Asperger's syndrome (as Alien Customs) – This is only a negative quirk because it makes interacting with neurotypicals ... difficult. The character will have an effective -2 CS to his Popularity, concerning anyone that finds his behavior contemptuous. Again, this doesn't affect everyone.
Sonic and Heat Vulnerability – The symbiont is extremely vulnerable to heat and sonic based attacks. They can cause the symbiont physical pain and discomfort, where as more powerful attacks might be completely ineffective.

SYMBIONT'S DISADVANTAGE:
Limited Memory: – on its own the symbiont retains only the last host's memories and those fade during the first week with a new host. It does have a memory of its own experiences but, like a dog, those tend to get simplified to basics: who to trust, what to seek out, who/what to avoid, etc

SKILLS:
Astronomy : – Trevor has learned quite a bit about astronomy and could even use star patterns and positions to do rough navigation.
Computers: – Trevor is adept at standard computer use and has begun studying programming.
Physics: – To understand more about galactic and stellar structure and formation he has been learning the underlying processes of the universe.
Parkour: – This is a skill he is learning although as Venom he has a natural talent at it.

SYMBIONT'S HISTORY:
The symbiont has little memory of its past only remembering certain people as good or bad and the laboratory it lived in as bad.

Having been developed to augment ordinary people to super capabilities, it was bonded to various test subjects who were then subjected to difficult situations. While it got hurt, it learned that staying bonded with a person hurt less. It gradually learned that the combat training helped to prevent injury while enabling it to cause better injury to others.

An attack on the facility resulted in damage to the symbiont's container and it sought out the nearest lifeform – one of the technicians, Josh, who had been injured in the attack. It bonded with him and they got out of the lab.

Unsure of how bad things were Josh went into New York City and got a hotel room to wait for orders or an all clear. A day later he got word to return. The symbiont tried to fight him – not wanting to go back to the bad place – but it was designed to augment a person not control them. So it fled on its own. It found Trevor.

HOST'S HISTORY:
Trevor is the third of three children. His older brother has graduated from college and is now working. His older sister is a sophomore in college. His parents are fairly ordinary including the fact that they never considered Trevor's "quirks" to be anything other than personal idiosyncrasies rather than indicators of Asperger's syndrome. That plus the fact that he was trying to hide his differences.

Trevor had his first crush (not that he understood what it was) when he was young. He was just becoming friends with the older boy when the boy was taken away "for being different" according to his parents.

So he did what he could to hide his own differences until a few months ago when he ran across a reference to Asperger's syndrome in something he was reading. A little research and he realized why he felt like an alien and found it difficult to understand other people. He told his parents and eventually got them to let him see a psychiatrist to determine what could be done to help him. Unfortunately he had learned to deal with the world one way so it would take a while to help him adjust better.

A month ago the family went to New York on a vacation. One of the shows they went to see was far too raucous and annoying for him so he went outside. While he was out there, near a hotel, something touched then enveloped him.

The symbiont tried to communicate with him and he got fragments: combat testing, a laboratory that gave him a bad feeling and a jumble of images and feelings. The street felt a bit exposed so they climbed up the side of the building. They hung on the side of the building and tried to communicate for the rest of the show waiting for Trevor's family to exit. While it wanted to be with someone, it had a lot of 'venom' for people. But they wanted and needed each other so they would stay together. After all, a 'puppy' in the form of black ooze which can hide inside you is easy to take home and keep hidden.

Trevor's alienation and compassion make him need the symbiont – even if it can't really hold up a conversation. He had been practicing but came to the realization that he needs better training.

As they began to bond and a desire for training manifested, they got noticed by Professor Xavier who made contact. Trevor's parents were a bit concerned at first but the school was talked up as being able to help him learn to deal with his Asperger's.

A note about the tongue: not in battle. In the bedroom maybe.

Trevor will be trying out different colors/designs as Venom. While he will try out a spider motif due to the wall-crawling, he will not keep it. Generally he will not be as bulky as some of these images although he will try out the appearance of bulking up. I chose the blue and purple images because Trevor will want something other than simple black.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: TamaRose on June 13, 2014, 06:57:31 PM
So, what should I do about the characters I sent you? I didn't really want to use Eva for this one because I didn't think she really fit here and Autumn..I don't really want to change her powers because that is how I made her. I worked hard on her long ago and I don't want to change her. Sorry!

Its up to you :) I gave you the possible options for it so we can follow through with those or try to find something else that will fit.

Astrofig

YEESSS if Gambit's still available I'd be willing to put something together for him.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Astrofig on June 14, 2014, 08:32:08 AM
YEESSS if Gambit's still available I'd be willing to put something together for him.

i believe that Ame is working on a Gambit
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Astrofig

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Astrofig on June 14, 2014, 09:52:53 AM
Well fuck. Naturally.

It's been long enough that I don't think in good conscience I can keep waiting.  If you want to do a Gambit write up, feel free.

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

SpiralSpider

Quote from: Amelita on June 14, 2014, 02:38:56 PM
I'm bowing out with my Gambit and Storm ideas.
Noooooo! T.T

Well, at least we have another person interested in Gambit.  :-\
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

SpiralSpider

Amelita

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Amelita on June 14, 2014, 03:15:35 PM
We'll play in other games no doubt, sweets ;)

You're definitely still welcome here if inspiration strikes you :)

Amelita

Kuroneko

If we were allowed fourths, I would happily take the Cajun.  I'm just saying ... ;)
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Bloodied Porcelain

I vote for fourth slots to be opened up so Kuro can make me all of us the pretty rajun Cajun.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

SpiralSpider