Idea for a Dnd Game-Seeking Thoughts

Started by National Acrobat, November 26, 2005, 12:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

Don't worry about classes the group needs. One should never 'play' anything they don't want to. Part of the challenge is to overcome obstacles, and that includes not having certain classes.

MasterJedi

I love playing fighter wizzie spellswords, but will play anything needed, if you need a healer, I will play anything pretty much. But...im kinda new to DND, all my experiance is 3.5...so I would need a little guidance if u use another system or version.
[tr][td]
Characters:
tPSH: Kale | tEoME: Johny
BSB: Damicus/Arblus | MCZ13: Galad
FtLoaP: Captain David[/td][td]Random Thought:
"What's the definition of a will? It's a dead giveaway...."[/td][/tr][/table]

Natalie C. Barney

Well I'll have SOME holy magic she will still have healing and the like just not alot of it. And is likely to take care of herself first since she'll be in combat enough. Especially at advanced levels in her PrC. I just wanted to point that out thats all.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

MasterJedi

If allowed, DnD 3.5, theres a class known as a Paladin of freedom, I would love very much LOVE to play that class.
[tr][td]
Characters:

National Acrobat

I know, but I'm not using Unearthed Arcana.

Core books, Complete Arcane, Divine and Warrior only.

Natalie C. Barney

You did say the 3.0 surce books were ok like the Masters of the Wild as well remember. If you did change your mind let me know but I really want to try a SHIFTER PrC.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Muse

Quote from: Rat Salad on November 26, 2005, 06:27:28 PM
ECL races would be out, as the game starts at first level and I'd prefer to not have a character start the game as a 'monster' class with levels of their race.

As for alignments, remember that people in this group must be willing to work together, and for a cause without hesitation, and without compensation. Doing the right thing because it needs to be done.

The restrictions for Druids who worship Mieliekki are fine, I have no issue with that. Mithril Chain will be hard to come by however, and given that the characters start at first level, it won't be an issue for awhile really.

So, boss, if my charecter's in your world and worship's Mieliki, can she take Ranger, then Druid, and use Ranger weapons? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

MasterJedi

thats fine, ill bend to that :) warrior has some variant rules in it that might help
[tr][td]
Characters:

National Acrobat

Quote from: Muse on December 01, 2005, 05:02:25 AM
So, boss, if my charecter's in your world and worship's Mieliki, can she take Ranger, then Druid, and use Ranger weapons? 

No, that's FR specific, and I like to stick to the traditional druid ways.

National Acrobat

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=145.0

The game is now up. We can start working on characters and getting started.

National Acrobat

Post your ideas for me in a PM, and I will notify those who are accepted. Please read carefully the game information.

Please Do not Post on the Game Board until you are accepted

thanks.

LordAnubis

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape (see below).

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor. (A druid may also wear wooden armor that has been altered by the ironwood spell so that it functions as though it were steel. See the ironwood spell description) Druids are proficient with shields (except tower shields) but must use only wooden ones.

A druid who wears prohibited armor or carries a prohibited shield is unable to cast druid spells or use any of her supernatural or spell-like class abilities while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/druid.html if you want to confirm it.  unless the DM intends to override that rule. then if you're a druid who took a ranger class you could still use the weapons of a ranger, you just can't wear metal armor or shields.  I've got a 3.5 player's hand book infront of me, and it is the same there.

So the weapon thing is if the DM is going to use 3.5 or 3 rules.  Diety aside.

WarDragon

Currently on my second concept; a re-flavored Shugenja, worshipping Brigit.

Yes, I am a divine caster; no, I cannot heal you.  Cure spells fall under Water, and are thus forbidden to Fire "shugenja."  I can, however, blow stuff up REAL good. :D

Muse

I'm working on a Favored Soul of Brigitte or Athena, and thinking about party dynamics.  I've already played a few fire priests, and would have fun doing it again, but a female would boh encourage me towards a difrent concept and might make intresting party dynamics. 

But that depends on what gender folks are playing. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

National Acrobat

WarDragon

I'm almost positive that I'm sticking with male.

LordAnubis

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: LordAnubis on December 01, 2005, 10:35:36 PM
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape (see below).

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor. (A druid may also wear wooden armor that has been altered by the ironwood spell so that it functions as though it were steel. See the ironwood spell description) Druids are proficient with shields (except tower shields) but must use only wooden ones.

A druid who wears prohibited armor or carries a prohibited shield is unable to cast druid spells or use any of her supernatural or spell-like class abilities while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/druid.html if you want to confirm it.  unless the DM intends to override that rule. then if you're a druid who took a ranger class you could still use the weapons of a ranger, you just can't wear metal armor or shields.  I've got a 3.5 player's hand book infront of me, and it is the same there.

So the weapon thing is if the DM is going to use 3.5 or 3 rules.  Diety aside.

An ELF gets Longbows and Shortbows (including composite versions) and rapier and longsword as racial bonus weapons. So I don't have to take a Ranger class I get them even if a Dark Fey. And Leather or Hide armor is fine by me.
Natalie Clifford Barney