Evil Industries: Needing Replacements (eventually)

Started by GloomCookie, August 04, 2011, 11:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?

We live in a world where one person's vision can have a profound effect on thousands, millions, possibly even billions of us.  Do you want to make a difference?  Or are you willing to let history sweep you side?  We at Evil Industries are committed towards a single world order, one where everyone is equal, where everyone works towards a common goal, and where anyone who steps out of line is executed without remorse.

If you want a place to sleep at night where you don't need to worry about dying, a place where there's a hot meal waiting for you, a place where you can get the education you want to pursue the goals we need, then join Evil Industries.  We have excellent healthcare options for those who live to use them, and our recreational facilities ensure that your downtime (a full hour for every 24 that you work!) can be put to use in a fun environment.

Join Evil Industries today, while you still have a choice.

Evil Industries is a trademarked brand of Evil Inc. and is owned by a mysterious banking firm bent on world domination.  Any illegal use of Evil Industries products or services will result in termination of clients and products.  All Evil Industry workers are required to obey all orders given by Evil Industries up to, but not including, suicide, though suicide missions will be required.  To apply in person, write a letter to 101 North Beach, Mountainside Hideaway, Island of Indeterminate Location.  Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.

Island of Indeterminate Location
Research & Development

Current Missions
Caller Conundrum
Samurai Sword Swindle

Archived Missions
Pilfering Panda
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Eleah

lovelygirl

Slowly getting back to posting

Ons &Offs
A &A's updated 3/27/16 UPDATE Very Important!

Aurora Wayland

GloomCookie

The premise is simple.  You'll each be working together to further the goals of Evil Industries in order to subjugate the world.  You'll be working from the Island of Indeterminate Location, using it as a base of operations to plan and prepare for your missions.  If you're successful, you'll get more money added to your special vault, which you can use to buy new gear (which means update your character's stuff).  At the main thread, you'll spot a map that will show, in red, areas of the world crumbling to chaos and destruction.  Some missions will have little effect, others will have a massive effect.  It all depends on how you do.

Also this story will be interacting with another storyline, my Beyond Mankind thread ^^ so if you're interested to know just how messed up this thread will end up... mwahahahahahahaahaha *gasp for air*
My DeviantArt

Aurora Wayland

SomeGuy

This looks interesting, where do I sign my soul over?

Wintercat

What level of power can we expect to have at our disposal here then?

But curious and interested again.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

GloomCookie

Everyone will start off pretty low on powers, mostly focusing on certain skills like technical skills or military or social skills.  Later on, I'll let you introduce certain powers, such as maybe a voodoo priest having voodoo dolls, or maybe a lawyer who throws pens like throwing stars.  Basically, you start off the same, but you get more and more advanced as you move along.
My DeviantArt

Empyrean

Certainly original and imaginative. :)

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

TheGlyphstone

This looks like way too much fun to pass up.

GloomCookie

Welcome to our Secret Island of Indeterminate Location.  Here, you'll find everything you need for your downtime between missions.  We have medical facilities that are staffed by doctors from the best third world countries, cuisine that's guaranteed to stay down half the time, and recreational facilities boasting three whole ping pong tables that don't wobble!

Of course, most of your time won't be spent on our lovely island of doom.  Rather, you'll spend it travelling to the remote corners of the world to carry out our bidding.  Should you survive, you'll be promptly rewarded for your trouble.  If you're still interested in the job, just respond to our little inquiry and we'll begin getting you ready to serve your new corporate masters.

Basically you'll all start as one of three types of character: Social, Technical, Military.  Social characters will use their charm and wit to outfox people and help throw them off their guard.  Imagine James Bond seducing people left and right to get into the secret compound.  Technical characters will use technology to get in, such as Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell, using his tech to sneak around unnoticed.  Military characters will basically want to go in and shoot everyone, though that doesn't limit them from things like silenced weapons and long-range guns.  Each type has a strength and weakness, so I'll lay out the types you can pick from below.

Social
Diplomat Arrayed with your vast knowledge of customs and languages, you can sooth almost any hurt feelings and get people to calm down when situations get hot.
Spin Doctor The art of spin is your game.  You can take any fact and twist the information around your little finger to make a negative seem positive, and vice verse.
Playboy Charming and sophisticated, your game is to seduce man and woman alike into lowering their guard to tell you what you want or get them into a vulnerable position.

Technical
Bio-technician Having studied everything about biology, you know the ins and outs of the human body so well, you use innocent chemical concoctions to put down herds of elephants.
Scientist With a keen technical mind, you can study almost anything electronic and figure out how it works in little to no time.  This makes it handy for using an enemy's own weapons against them.
Quantum Physicist Having studied the tiniest particles in the universe, you can use that knowledge to control the very elements of nature herself.

Military
Martial Artist Years of study aboard in China and Japan have left you able to walk confident that in hand to hand combat, no one is your rival.
Mercenary Heavy machine guns and iron muscles leave little doubt that when it comes time to lay down some firepower, you'll be there in the thick of it.
Sniper Range is your friend.  While the others get up close and personal, you're in the back, taking out the worst of the bad guys before they even realize they're dead.
My DeviantArt

Kuje

Hey Linna, can I use my character from the futuristic game for this one? The other game doesn't seem to be as active......

GloomCookie

Sure.  I guess since the other game isn't as popular, I'll let anyone from that game come to this one without changing their character much.
My DeviantArt

SomeGuy

Sniper and Scientist archetypes both sound good, I'd like to hear what other people are thinking of for their own choices before committing to an archetype though.

Kuje

Quote from: Linna on August 07, 2011, 10:22:57 PM
Sure.  I guess since the other game isn't as popular, I'll let anyone from that game come to this one without changing their character much.

Cool, thanks. :) I'd probably stick with bio-tech then and revise the char a little to fit it with this game.

TheGlyphstone

Total dibs on Scientist: Quantum Scientist. They called me mad, but I'll SHOW THEM ALL!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAha..ha...ahem.

Kokaine

I'm thinking either a playboy (girl?) or a martial artist... hmm
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

kobrakid92

this looks very interesting. I'd like to try out the diplomat role. I figure it would be a nice change of pace for me.

GloomCookie

I'd like to start the game sometime this week so if people could start posting their profiles here, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.
My DeviantArt

lovelygirl

Linna - is it possible for you to copy mine over- I'm not home today and can't copy it from my iPod.

Ons &Offs

GloomCookie

Quote from: lovelygirlKelsey Miller

Age- 24
Type - She's a Libra so Diplomatic
Occupation - Defense Attorney
Personality - serious, and cunning.

Kelsey was one cunning defense attorney, she would make the worst of the worst look like angels. She had gotten murderers and bank robbers on mere technicalities. She was the best of the worst. She was corrupt and it was soon discovered she was taking kickbacks from a judge. She had to get out of Dodge quick.  She applied and seemed to get recruited right away. She has come to the island and is now awaiting her first assignment.

You'll still need to pick which archetype you want to go with
My DeviantArt

lovelygirl

Spin Doctor please and thanks for copying it over for me.

Ons &Offs