Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War (Everyone welcome, Female MS pilots needed)

Started by Mac84, June 19, 2014, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac84

Warlock

I'm picking up the standard for Zeon in this, could always need another suit. Zeon just have the better designs, Gelgoog is simply wonderful. Do we have a Commander? *Glances over at Zeth and Pendarious, strking a heroic pose as he does so*

Zeth

No I'm not comfortable being commander as most my knowledge comes from the Gundam wiki and Wikipedia while Pendarious stated he didn't want the job. If you want it, I have no objection.

Warlock

Quote from: Zeth on June 21, 2014, 01:49:17 PM
No I'm not comfortable being commander as most my knowledge comes from the Gundam wiki and Wikipedia while Pendarious stated he didn't want the job. If you want it, I have no objection.

That works, unless Pendarious have a sudden change of heart.

Zeth

We are still a few players less then the Feds. Principality of Zeon Propaganda machine go!

Mac84

Welcome Warlock,

I don't think Pend will. So you're More than welcome to it.

The OOC/Character Thread page is up. Post your characters, and Say "Hi" to your fellow Cannon Fodder.  >:)

Mac84

Quote from: Zeth on June 21, 2014, 01:53:34 PM
We are still a few players less then the Feds. Principality of Zeon Propaganda machine go!

That Survive!

ArtemisHighmore

I am open to joining Zeon if you are still looking for players. I have always enjoyed the 8th MS Team series.

Madame Professor

Hmm.... Interesting.

-leaves this note as she considers joining.-
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mac84

Welcome Artemis, and Madame,

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 21, 2014, 04:39:54 PM
I am open to joining Zeon if you are still looking for players. I have always enjoyed the 8th MS Team series.

yes, we do have a spot open on the Zeon Side. 08th MS team was the Gundam Series that really got me hooked on the franchise.

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 21, 2014, 06:17:31 PM
Hmm.... Interesting.

-leaves this note as she considers joining.-

You're more than Welcome to join, Madame. :-)

Madame Professor

Admittedly, it has been some time since I have watched Gundam, but I think a quick read at the wiki and some binge watching will refresh the memory.

I'm thinking perhaps Zeon... though the support truck, perhaps Gunner?
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mac84

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 21, 2014, 06:53:21 PM
Admittedly, it has been some time since I have watched Gundam, but I think a quick read at the wiki and some binge watching will refresh the memory.
I'm thinking perhaps Zeon... though the support truck, perhaps Gunner?

If you wish, that is alright, or if you would like better. You can take over the entire Support truck. It may be easier that way. :-)

Madame Professor

Quote from: Mac84 on June 21, 2014, 07:03:23 PM
If you wish, that is alright, or if you would like better. You can take over the entire Support truck. It may be easier that way. :-)

And boss everyone in the truck around?? -grins- I could do that.

Zeth

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 21, 2014, 07:11:50 PM
And boss everyone in the truck around?? -grins- I could do that.

If no one else wants support truck duty I volunteer to make a second character to drive and be bossed around by you Madame.  O:)

ArtemisHighmore

Me too. I grew up watching Gundamn Wing, but there was something about the grittiness of 8th MS Team that has always stuck with me. I think it was the vulnerability of the mechs.

Deathnote

Ah... right... I forgot to ask, sorry.

@Juggtacular & Warlock - You don't mind if I used your characters' personal histories to create mine, do you?  Read my character's personal history and you'll understand what I mean.

Btw, how many squads are we going for for each side?

Mac84

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on June 21, 2014, 07:14:43 PM
Me too. I grew up watching Gundamn Wing, but there was something about the grittiness of 8th MS Team that has always stuck with me. I think it was the vulnerability of the mechs.

It was that, and also they didn't have "New Types" in there. I never really liked that element.

Also, Shiro Yamada was a bit of an Idealist, but he wasn't like most Gundam Pilots that seemed to enjoy their daily pity parties.

Another thing I loved was how they did the mech animations. Like the Desert Gear on the Gundam Ground types. or the I/O Jack in the palm of the hand that allowed the Mech to use the weapons. 

That and um....Karen Joshua.  :-[

ArtemisHighmore

Yes, yes, Karen.
Agree with gear. I love the concept of trying to disguise a giant robot! xD Just put this tarp over it, no one will notice at all!

Madame Professor

Quote from: Zeth on June 21, 2014, 07:14:06 PM
If no one else wants support truck duty I volunteer to make a second character to drive and be bossed around by you Madame.  O:)

-steeples her fingers together, drumming them lightly against each other.- Excellent... excellent.. 

It might not be until tomorrow I can get my character together... I am in catch up mode on story replies right now.

Mac84

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 21, 2014, 07:30:21 PM
-steeples her fingers together, drumming them lightly against each other.- Excellent... excellent.. 

It might not be until tomorrow I can get my character together... I am in catch up mode on story replies right now.

No rush, we're just in the beginning phase

Warlock

Quote from: Deathnote on June 21, 2014, 07:18:36 PM
Ah... right... I forgot to ask, sorry.

@Juggtacular & Warlock - You don't mind if I used your characters' personal histories to create mine, do you?  Read my character's personal history and you'll understand what I mean.

Btw, how many squads are we going for for each side?

Go ahead, could create some interesting tension when we meet up. :)

Juggtacular

Zeth

Quote from: Madame Professor on June 21, 2014, 07:30:21 PM

Okay seriously, I will stop using that image. Madame Professor, would you prefer a female or male driver?

pendarious

I'll get a character sheet up sometime within the next few days....I just have to figure out what it is I want to do.......
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Madame Professor

Quote from: Zeth on June 22, 2014, 03:13:25 AM

Okay seriously, I will stop using that image. Madame Professor, would you prefer a female or male driver?

But it's such a wonderful image!

And it doesn't matter to me, really. I say play what you wanna play, sweetie! It's more fun for you that way and in turn, more fun for me. ;D