News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder: The Swamp (Extreme)

Started by Jaded, January 04, 2014, 04:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EroticFantasyAuthor

At this point I'm thinking a sorceress of some sort, possibly half-elf with the serpentine bloodline.

anne sophie

seems that the arcane side is pretty much....complete...

should I play a druid or a monk??? huuummm what do you think?

Robyn Hood

Well that's a lot of people! I appreciate the offer but I think it might better with less so no worries about me. ^_^ Have fun!

Ershin

Quote from: Jaded on January 05, 2014, 10:24:40 PM
If I split it into two groups a second rogue type would probably be fine.

At the same time though, look at the length that list of applicants! I wouldn't want to be responsible for heaping extra work onto your shoulders if you originally intended to only run one group. I mean, I'm still interested, but not at the cost of inconvenience to others.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Would it be possible to get a bit more information about the setting?

And I think I've pretty much decided to go with a Half-Elven Sorceress.

anne sophie

well..ill go Monk half elven.

If any want to be related..of..have a background..with me..let me know

anne sophie

what are the rules creation guide line?

pointbuy method? or roll dice?
starting level and gold?
any special we should know?

EroticFantasyAuthor

I believe they are in the first post of this thread

Jaded

Quote from: Faeli on January 06, 2014, 01:53:57 AM
Sorry for the delay, I should put together my character tomorrow!

In the meantime, here is who I plan on playing :)

No rush, looks good. :-)

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on January 06, 2014, 03:17:13 AM
At this point I'm thinking a sorceress of some sort, possibly half-elf with the serpentine bloodline.

Would it be possible to get a bit more information about the setting?

Sounds good.

I am working on getting what I have into a useable form, though overall the world is fairly generic fantasy and relatively undefined.  Players are free to create a reasonable number of details in their background if needed.

For the continent that the game takes place on, the north is more civilized and full of human, elven, dwarven, etc kingdoms.  The south is home to the more monstrous races, at least as an organized force.  There are plenty of unpleasant (but less organized) creatures wandering the north as well.  The swamp is the dividing line.  There would be seas/oceans to the east and west, and other continents off elsewhere, but I haven't gotten into detailing those much.  I'll try to get more up soon, I am working on a regional map at the moment. 

Quote from: anne sophie on January 06, 2014, 03:16:04 PM
seems that the arcane side is pretty much....complete...

should I play a druid or a monk??? huuummm what do you think?

Monk half elven.

what are the rules creation guide line?

Either would work. 

A Monk is fine.

Quote from: Robyn Hood on January 06, 2014, 03:35:10 PM
Well that's a lot of people! I appreciate the offer but I think it might better with less so no worries about me. ^_^ Have fun!

Ah, okay.  Thanks for your interest.

Quote from: Ershin on January 06, 2014, 04:19:29 PM
At the same time though, look at the length that list of applicants! I wouldn't want to be responsible for heaping extra work onto your shoulders if you originally intended to only run one group. I mean, I'm still interested, but not at the cost of inconvenience to others.

I think it will work fine with two groups, and don't mind a bit of extra work.  You are more than welcome to join if you'd like. 

Faeli

Okay!  I have a sheet

I haven't delved into a background really, since the world is undefined atm... I don't mind fleshing her out as we play though!

Jaded

Please post the sheet in the Character and Game Information thread. :-) 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193727.0

A short/generic background is fine.  I added some world information to the second post of the above thread, but I don't want to get into too much detail on the wider world at the moment.  I do want to draw a map, but am having issues. 

The gods and such would be the standard Pathfinder list (from the core rulebook). 

To anyone that has posted a character sheet and background in the above thread, please feel free to start posting in the IC thread.  Located at: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193835.0

If you have any questions (need to know more about your town or similar) please let me know.  A generic reason for being in town would be to make money, as they often post various bounties involving the swamp, but if you have a different reason in mind please PM me.

If you intend for your character to work/live in Thosr, that is fine.  Narantuyaa can be serving the others, Keeya can be there for a drink, looking for ingredients, etc. 

This is intended for introductions for now, I'll divide the people up and send them off on their first quests once everyone is ready and I have prepared things. ;)

anne sophie

ill put up my character tonight...sorrry for the delay..ive change my mind about 10 times on what to play....

RubySlippers

Need to do my pet mulling her over. Can it start fully trained?

anne sophie

Sorry I long before putting up my character :)

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/255/9/7/le_female_monk_by_kaleeko-d49pi63.jpg
Olalove
Female Human Monk 1
LN Medium humanoid (human)
Init +3; Senses Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 13, touch 13, flat-footed 11 (+1 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 untyped)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee quarterstaff +2 (1d6+3/×2) and
   sai +2 (1d4+2/×2) and
   unarmed strike +2 (1d6+2/×2)
Ranged shuriken +1 (1d2+2/×2)
Special Attacks flurry of blows, stunning fist (1/day, DC 11)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 15, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +2 (+4 grapple); CMD 15 (17 vs. grapple)
Feats Deflect Arrows, Dodge, Improved Grapple, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist
Traits open palm of irori (vudrani), reactionary
Skills Acrobatics +6, Climb +6, Knowledge (religion) +5, Perception +5, Stealth +5
Languages Common
SQ ac bonus, stunning fist (stun), unarmed strike
Combat Gear Sunrod (4); Other Gear Quarterstaff, Sai, Shuriken (7), Backpack (13 @ 16 lbs), Bedroll, Flint and steel, Trail rations (7), 27 GP, 4 SP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
AC Bonus +1 The Monk adds his Wisdom bonus to AC and CMD, more at higher levels.
Deflect Arrows (1/round) While have an empty hand, negate one ranged weapon hit you are aware of (unless from a massive weapon).
Flurry of Blows -1/-1 (Ex) Make Flurry of Blows attack as a full rd action.
Improved Grapple You don't provoke attacks of opportunity when grappling a foe.
Improved Unarmed Strike Unarmed strikes don't cause attacks of opportunity, and can be lethal.
Open Palm of Irori (Vudrani) +1 bonus on Acrobatics checks; channel ki 1/day for extra damage.
Stunning Fist (1/day) (DC 11) You can stun an opponent with an unarmed attack.
Stunning Fist (Stun) (Ex) At 1st level, the monk gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. At 4th level, and every 4 levels thereafter, the monk gains the ability to apply a new condition to the target of his Stunning Fist. This conditio
Unarmed Strike (1d6) The Monk does lethal damage with his unarmed strikes.
--------------------
Olalove is good looking blonde, in very good shape, training allot and having a great pride in her looks. Keeping her hair short, and her clothing well adjust, knowing she could benefit from it.

When Olalove was born, she was taken to and raised in a monastery were only females were aloud, she was raised to be submissive and followed orders. She never met her mother or father. The only thing her master told her was that her father was really sick and her mother had a kind of noble look. She also told Olalove that both her her parents were really sad to abandon her. She never heard of them after.

Olalove often imagine herself being a princess and told herself countless story of fairytale and knights in shiny armour defeating dragons and demons. 

She left one night...to explore and never returned to the monastery. She wanted to see the world and its beauty, she wanted to travel...were her feet would bring her.

IF we go up in level, I will tend to specialized in unarmed combat.

Jaded

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 07, 2014, 09:28:49 AM
Need to do my pet mulling her over. Can it start fully trained?

That's fine, your first pet can begin with 3 or 6 tricks.

Quote from: anne sophie on January 07, 2014, 06:15:11 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/255/9/7/le_female_monk_by_kaleeko-d49pi63.jpg
Olalove

Please post it in this thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193727.0

Thanks. :-) 

I'll start going over the character sheets in the next day or two.  If you haven't gotten one in yet that's fine, will probably take me a bit to get to them all. 

As mentioned above, anyone that has posted a character sheet and background in the above thread, please feel free to start posting in the IC thread.  Located at: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193835.0

EroticFantasyAuthor

Okay to post even if having trouble with background?

Jaded

I'd prefer you at least have a sheet submitted.  Anything in particular giving you trouble with your background?  Any questions or such I could help with?

EroticFantasyAuthor

No just need to decide on exactly what I want to do but having troubling finding inspiration and such.

Character sheet almost done and will indeed be posted before I post.

The only question I really have is: is what is the climate like across the continent? Thinking she would've grown up in an elven city in a fairly warm temperature.

Jaded

It would vary, think North/Central America to some degree.  Where the swamp is would be tropical, farther north would be temperate.  To the east (off the map I drew, beyond Northport/Southport), would be warmer regions that could hold an Elven kingdom.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I suppose she could also be from another continent as well.

Was thinking she would be of Sun Elf descent.

Xerial

So... this is probably full and my brain wanting me to play in yet another game's not going to hurt me... right?

RubySlippers

Quote from: Jaded on January 07, 2014, 11:58:44 PM
That's fine, your first pet can begin with 3 or 6 tricks.

Please post it in this thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193727.0

Thanks. :-) 

I'll start going over the character sheets in the next day or two.  If you haven't gotten one in yet that's fine, will probably take me a bit to get to them all. 

As mentioned above, anyone that has posted a character sheet and background in the above thread, please feel free to start posting in the IC thread.  Located at: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193835.0

Actually 4 or 7 tricks her effective druid level boosts tricks by one she is good at her work.  ;D

PhantomPistoleer

RAGS PORTER
Half-Elf Rogue

Character Sheet; HP: 9; Mood: Mischievous;

Story:

All right, so you wanna hear my story, yeah?  Well, I'm not a bard so forgive me if I tell it wrong.  I was mostly drunk and I wasn't really paying attention at the hearing.  I don't know who my parents were.  I was left at the stoop of the rectory and was reminded of it nearly every day.  I disappeared around the age of 10 and had a great many adventures in the thicket, but nothing to write a book about.  You know, regular childhood stuff, running from bogies and hiding from pirates.  When you're a kid, you always get to thinking that the rusty buckets you find in dark hollows are pieces of treasure, you know?  Now that I'm older, I can tell the difference between a farthing and a crown, but that wasn't important then.

I got to know the bog well.  I got pretty good at finding my way through it, and I got to specializing in helping caravans pass.  I'm mostly honest and awkwardly punctual, so employers recommended me.  It was good coin for doing what I tended to do.  Twas like paying a goat to mow the lawn, really.  I didn't really have any use for coin then, though I do now.  I imagine that if I had any sort of brain, I would have founded a little company on the edge of a swamp, with wagons and all.  But I've only ever been good at spending money.  Not on anything of value, really.  Sometimes, here and then, I'm obliged to donate a very little something to the orphanage because a babe is defenseless, and I wouldn't be here if it weren't for the nuns at the rectory, no matter how strict they are.

But my funds usually went to staying at the local inn, and paid my way in ale and the company of women of lesser virtue.  My life until now has been an endless cycle of two parts:  one, I earn my keep, helping out travelers across the bogs, every once in a while aiding in recovery efforts; and two, I spend my keep frivolously on liquor and prostitutes.  I'm a swamp rat, and no fair-minded lass would be obliged to tick her heart to mine, and I'm too obstinate to change my ways just yet.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jaded

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on January 08, 2014, 01:15:13 AM
I suppose she could also be from another continent as well.

Was thinking she would be of Sun Elf descent.

What book or such are Sun Elves from?

Quote from: Xerial on January 08, 2014, 04:11:12 AM
So... this is probably full and my brain wanting me to play in yet another game's not going to hurt me... right?

You can join if you like, we are below the cap of 12 (2x6) I was thinking of.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 08, 2014, 12:39:32 PM
RAGS PORTER
Half-Elf Rogue

Character Sheet; HP: 9; Mood: Mischievous;

Please post your character in the: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=193727.0
thread, thanks. :-)

Trade through the swamp would mostly be limited to and from Thosr, heading north. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

Oh the Sun Elf is mostly just for fluff, they're from Forgotten Realms. I consider the standard Pathfinder Elves to pretty much be Sun Elves.