Exalted: War Manse 13 (Exalted, all welcome, seeking GM/Players)

Started by Lustful Bride, March 05, 2018, 01:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Idej

True you have me there.

Still think Sidereal involvement would help expedite how the Solars get there.

Chajesdad

Oooh, that would make sense once the manse begins interacting more with the outside world, trading with neighboring communities, or as that community that we have been trading with comes in the interest of someone outside the closed communities.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

So, what I was thinking was one of the Manse's core systems was the equivalent of the Destiny Interdiction Field, from the Armor of the Unseen Assassin. This kept the manse hidden from the Loom of Fate for centuries. Of course, over time any system will wear out, and this one was no exception.

When the manse showed up, the first to discover it was a Gold Faction sidereal. Investigating the manse he realized what a treasure had found, and managed to repair the Field before anyone realised it had failed, hiding the manse again. Of course, he wouldn't be able to keep in hidden permanently. Sooner or later, the blip on the loom would work it's way through Heaven's bureaucracy to someone who would care about it ... though not in the same way he did. He'd endeavor to keep it hidden as long as he could misdirect the paperwork, and arranged for a small group of Solars (and Lunars maybe) to reach it. From there, they would hopefully he able to use the Manse as the seed of a new Solar Deliberative, and rebuild what was lost .. only this time, better.

Thoughts?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Idej

I like that alot tbh :)

Smart idea.

I will have to talk to you about a few things I have in mind for my character since she is Eclipse Caste and all.

Muse

Hmm...  Where to begin: 

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 17, 2018, 09:11:55 AM
Characters originating in Lookshy begin with 35 points in Abilities, 13 of which must be distributed among Aspect and Favored Abilities. Again, no Ability may exceed three dots without spending bonus points to do so. Characters born in Lookshy must have a minimum of Archery 2, Linguistics 3, Lore 2, Martial Arts 2, Melee 2, Performance 1, Presence 1, Ride 1, Stealth 1 and War 2.

I'm okay with the abilities, but I'll want to change the required skills around to better reflect their home and how they were raised. This is my provisional thoughts but I'm willing to discuss adding, removing or changing them.

Presence 1 - The DBs are seen as the natural leaders of the Manse
Survival 1 -
Craft 2 - Keeping all the old tech going is everyone's duty, and those best able to do it are expected to shoulder their share, or more if they can.
Lore 2 - Same as the above
Linguistics 1 - Old Realm
Sail - 1

The war requirement should remain--as you said, this is a war manse!  (I need to read more thoroughly.)   Sail might merit a level 2---it covers both mundane sailing ships and most magitech vessels larger than horses. 

Also, seconding what Chajesdad said about Wind Carried Words. 

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 17, 2018, 09:11:55 AM
Other changes
Backing - Initially not, as they're isolated. There's no one for them to have the backing of.
Command - Limited to 2.
Resources - 2 . Effectively the place is being run as a military outpost still, so actual wealth is fairly much unused, expect on rare occasions that you might somehow be trading with the outside.

Muse, any suggestions?

I'm still thinking about how best to handle spells. I'm open to ideas if anyone wants to use them though, explaining how they've been able to learn them.

Backing:  War  Manse dragon blooded have an automatic backing level of __ in the Manse's command structure.  No other backing is possible at this time. 
Connections:  This background is initialy limited to aspects of the Manse's goverment and social structure. 

Resources:  I'm kind of conflicted on how to handle resources.  A lot of magitech objects have a resources cost requirement to maintain, for example.  I'm tempted to sugest adapting the Class background from Exalted: The Alchemicals, but I think it might be more apropriate to make use of the Arsenal background.  (And also backing.)  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Quote from: Idej on March 15, 2018, 07:49:39 AM
Are we allowing merits and flaws from Scroll of Heroes?

I recomend using scroll of heroes for this game--not just the merits and flaws chapter, either!  This book has good rules for desinging mortal and god blooded heroes. 

Defenition: God Blooded
   In Exalted 'god blooded' is a generic term for person who inherited a fraction of the power of a supernatural ancestor.  More specific names as follows: 

Celestial Exalted (Solar/Tainted Solar, Lunar, or Sidereal: Half Caste. 
Demon: Demon Blooded
Ghost: Ghost Blooded or Ghoul
God or Elemental: God Blooded
Raksha/Fair Folk (or Mountain Folk): Changeling

On that topic, I'd like to propose that Uri Thousand-Hands has Essence 6 and a healthy Eliquiy libido.   He has about 50 first generation half-caste children from about 20 diferent lovers living in the manse at any given time.  As his seed is strong enough that some of his power lingers for several genreations, a good 500 or 600 "golden children" stiffen the Manse's forces. 

Half Caste have stronger essece than enlightened mortals--and don't need special training to acess it.  The strongest half caste can even challenge young dragon blooded--as several Dragon Blooded armies found to their dismay during the uspuration.  As such the manse's matchmakers have worked to include Uri's descendents in their ugenics program--and also the few descendents of the manse's few resident gods and elementals. 
   If this is acceptable to you, Hairy, it would allow for god blooded secondary characters native to War Manse Thirteen, most likely working as highly placed subordinates to Player Character dragon blooded. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 17, 2018, 05:45:25 PM
So, what I was thinking was one of the Manse's core systems was the equivalent of the Destiny Interdiction Field, from the Armor of the Unseen Assassin. This kept the manse hidden from the Loom of Fate for centuries. Of course, over time any system will wear out, and this one was no exception.

When the manse showed up, the first to discover it was a Gold Faction sidereal. Investigating the manse he realized what a treasure had found, and managed to repair the Field before anyone realised it had failed, hiding the manse again. Of course, he wouldn't be able to keep in hidden permanently. Sooner or later, the blip on the loom would work it's way through Heaven's bureaucracy to someone who would care about it ... though not in the same way he did. He'd endeavor to keep it hidden as long as he could misdirect the paperwork, and arranged for a small group of Solars (and Lunars maybe) to reach it. From there, they would hopefully he able to use the Manse as the seed of a new Solar Deliberative, and rebuild what was lost .. only this time, better.

Thoughts?

I like it. It helps explain how a bunch of mortals and dragon bloods kept the manse running. Also possibly why their Gate opens up tossing in new people on occasion. It can no longer open a stable doorway, but the Gold Faction might throw in the right people needed to keep them from having to worry about inbreeding.

Gilgameshian

So would a newly reborn/made Solar be good? Cause I was looking at a Night Caste Solar as a character option.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Muse on March 18, 2018, 06:27:23 AM
  The war requirement should remain--as you said, this is a war manse!  (I need to read more thoroughly.)   

It is, and while the inhabitants may be descended from military forces, they've had centuries for that to get .. if not corrupted, then at least modified. I think 1 is enough.

Sail might merit a level 2---it covers both mundane sailing ships and most magitech vessels larger than horses. 

Also, seconding what Chajesdad said about Wind Carried Words. 

The WCW words I don't mind so much about. Sail 1 I think is sufficient as they've been fairly isolated. Not a lot of ability to practice sailing when you're trying to stay hidden, and the magitech vessels would be gradually drydocked as lack of maintenance rendered them less and less operable, parts from some being taken to keep others running.

Backing:  War  Manse dragon blooded have an automatic backing level of __ in the Manse's command structure.  No other backing is possible at this time. 
Connections:  This background is initialy limited to aspects of the Manse's goverment and social structure. 

1 to 2 in backing probably then.

Resources:  I'm kind of conflicted on how to handle resources.  A lot of magitech objects have a resources cost requirement to maintain, for example.  I'm tempted to sugest adapting the Class background from Exalted: The Alchemicals, but I think it might be more apropriate to make use of the Arsenal background.  (And also backing.)  :)

I know that magitech objects have the resource costs, but that would be for regular characters who are trying to scavange the lost tools and tech to keep their toys running. This place still has that infrastructure, at least in part.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Muse on March 18, 2018, 09:09:41 AM
  I recomend using scroll of heroes for this game--not just the merits and flaws chapter, either!  This book has good rules for desinging mortal and god blooded heroes. 

Defenition: God Blooded
   In Exalted 'god blooded' is a generic term for person who inherited a fraction of the power of a supernatural ancestor.  More specific names as follows: 

Celestial Exalted (Solar/Tainted Solar, Lunar, or Sidereal: Half Caste. 
Demon: Demon Blooded
Ghost: Ghost Blooded or Ghoul
God or Elemental: God Blooded
Raksha/Fair Folk (or Mountain Folk): Changeling

On that topic, I'd like to propose that Uri Thousand-Hands has Essence 6 and a healthy Eliquiy libido.   He has about 50 first generation half-caste children from about 20 diferent lovers living in the manse at any given time.  As his seed is strong enough that some of his power lingers for several genreations, a good 500 or 600 "golden children" stiffen the Manse's forces. 

Half Caste have stronger essece than enlightened mortals--and don't need special training to acess it.  The strongest half caste can even challenge young dragon blooded--as several Dragon Blooded armies found to their dismay during the uspuration.  As such the manse's matchmakers have worked to include Uri's descendents in their ugenics program--and also the few descendents of the manse's few resident gods and elementals. 
   If this is acceptable to you, Hairy, it would allow for god blooded secondary characters native to War Manse Thirteen, most likely working as highly placed subordinates to Player Character dragon blooded.

With a total population of 5000 I think about 50 Dragonblooded would seem a reasonable number and maybe 2-3 times that in half caste / heroic mortals. God blooded and Half Caste would probably work well, the others (demon, ghost and fair folk) .. probably not so much. I'd also go with some sea folk.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Gilgameshian on March 18, 2018, 12:04:31 PM
So would a newly reborn/made Solar be good? Cause I was looking at a Night Caste Solar as a character option.

Yeah, solars are good.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Idej

HairyHeretic

Mostly. Muse, what was the name of that revised book we were using for the last 2nd ed game? Scroll of Errata?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Indeed!  Specificaly the 2012 edition. 

I've started calling the 'edition' exalted 2012.  :)

Muse

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 18, 2018, 07:01:57 PM
With a total population of 5000 I think about 50 Dragonblooded would seem a reasonable number and maybe 2-3 times that in half caste / heroic mortals. God blooded and Half Caste would probably work well, the others (demon, ghost and fair folk) .. probably not so much. I'd also go with some sea folk.

Oh.  :)  I'm good with that.  The seting spoiler we were given sugested that--becasue of the high concnetration of Dragon Blooded int he manse's popualtion, a full 25% of them were exalted. 

Chanticleer

*Quietly wanders off to have a conniption that they snuck Vault 13 into official Exalted lore.*

(But seriously, I might be back, I have to evaluate my available PbP time.)
My current O/os (need work)

Muse

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Muse

Hairy, I know you prefer to avoid non con scenes.  If a player would enjoy one, I'd be happy to take them over to NCES for a sidebar scene? 

Idej and I have been speaking of wether or not I could RP his Sidereal mentor when he's around. 

What else can I address? 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 20, 2018, 09:57:37 AM
Yeah, we're still in the preliminaries :)

Nice :). So we got Zenith as leader in manse atm but also we are working a eclipse solar guided to the manse (by sidereal mentor which is played by someone and is from gold faction and aware of the manse and has been dumping men/women through a portal in there).

Can into one DB family trees in manse fit a 'traitor' ancestor one? Speaking of DB who tried pull coup in manse but failed but it had pregnant wife which was unaware of husband's traitorous ideas (and it sort result family bloodline being sort black sheep in manse but tolerated because family specializes on engine repairs). Also family in question have top class first age warstrider (and over years build and maintained armored suit squad), however warstrider AI shut down itself when traitor ancestor tried use it on the coup and AI was solar loyal by programming, however ancestor overdrived AI's control on it's body and so AI sabotaged itself so warstrider shut down (and resulted the ancestor forced to fight regular manner and loosing and on military trial fashion was executed).

Above is the concept but key question is would to war manse be stationed a one (albeit powerful build/designed) warstrider?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Muse on March 20, 2018, 10:47:11 AM
  Hairy, I know you prefer to avoid non con scenes.  If a player would enjoy one, I'd be happy to take them over to NCES for a sidebar scene? 

Idej and I have been speaking of wether or not I could RP his Sidereal mentor when he's around. 

What else can I address? 

If folks want to play NC I've no objections. We can always throw a link to associated threads in the first post of the OOC to keep everything together.

If anything directly plot related came up I'd prefer we talked about it before the Sidereal made any big decisions, but with that caveat, it should be okay.

I think we've covered all the char-gen stuff, haven't we?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 20, 2018, 11:36:17 AM
Nice :). So we got Zenith as leader in manse atm but also we are working a eclipse solar guided to the manse (by sidereal mentor which is played by someone and is from gold faction and aware of the manse and has been dumping men/women through a portal in there).

Which reminds me of something I wanted to ask.

Would the players prefer the Zenith be alive or dead at this point? The reason I ask is that with a well established figure in a leadership position, it will be harder for the PCs to step into that role, which ideally is how I would envision the game going.

Can into one DB family trees in manse fit a 'traitor' ancestor one? Speaking of DB who tried pull coup in manse but failed but it had pregnant wife which was unaware of husband's traitorous ideas (and it sort result family bloodline being sort black sheep in manse but tolerated because family specializes on engine repairs). Also family in question have top class first age warstrider (and over years build and maintained armored suit squad), however warstrider AI shut down itself when traitor ancestor tried use it on the coup and AI was solar loyal by programming, however ancestor overdrived AI's control on it's body and so AI sabotaged itself so warstrider shut down (and resulted the ancestor forced to fight regular manner and loosing and on military trial fashion was executed).

Only the Royal Warstriders could have an AI, and those were rare and very costly to produce. I don't see a Dragon Blood getting one of those, when there are plenty of more common types of armour about.

I'm also wary of the idea of allowing the PCs access to even an offline warstrider so early on.

Above is the concept but key question is would to war manse be stationed a one (albeit powerful build/designed) warstrider?

I don't see a Warstrider being as useful in the West as some other stuff. Tiger Shark and Immaculate Dragon armour would be relatively common, as well as probably a few suits of Gunzosha and Element Inurment armour for tougher jobs.

I could see them also having a couple of working Glorious Dragonfly class patrol boats, and a few others in need of repair, and maybe one or two Resplendent Dolphins as well.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chajesdad

What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

Bugger, I forgot that one.

Ok, give me a bit of time to check over the 2nd ed sorcery rules and see how the initiations for that worked. I should be able to give you an answer tomorrow evening.

Cattle die, kinsmen die