Interest Check(s) - Settings Likely to Include Monster Boys

Started by Mingnon, November 03, 2015, 07:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingnon

Hello guys. I'm going to put this set of ideas out here in the hopes of getting a potential GM or two for collaborating. I am aiming at some sort of freeform sandbox.

I am also looking for a current RP with monster boys included, but note that I am a bit picky about what I join (i.e. please no school settings). However you can still make the offer for others looking for a Monster-boy centric RP.

The following setting ideas I have on offer imply that there can be both monster boys and monster girls. I mainly emphasize the inclusion of monster boys because of the number of monster girl-exclusive games by the looks of it.

The Fair Kingdoms

Loosely based off the setting in the film Maleficent.

Two lands have existed by leaving each other alone; a human kingdom driven by laws that favor the powerful, and a series of wildlands where monstrous 'otherkin' live. More recently though, a young queen has ascended to the throne after the mysterious death of her father. She has proposed laws that would even the balance between the nobles and commoners as well as establish peace with the wildlands, which along with rumors that she is in league with a powerful wildlander has caused many loyal to the former king to leave. Several knights loyal to the queen have been brought on to ensure that the process of change goes smoothly, but most of them are untested. And several months in, rumors are abound that a rebellion formed of the king's loyal are gathering in strength.

Lost Lands

A Steampunk Fantasy Apocalyptic setting.

The world as it was previously known seemed to end in the blink of an eye. Whatever happened, all that was left was ruins. Strange creatures of all sorts appeared; where from still remains unknown.
High technology has all but become lost; mankind has turned to using steam to power machines and vehicles.
Even a few hundred years after whatever occurred, much of the new world still remains unmapped. Some new towns have been built; either out of scavenged or newfound materials, what structures withstood destruction, etc. Some other places have been claimed as territories, locations varying from plains to mountains, buildings optional. Either way, towns and territories are claimed and governed by a Landkeeper who governs wherever settlers decide to reside in their given location.

Luxe Island

A tropical paradise game with an included mystery to be discussed. (if anyone else has heard of let alone played the late chat game VIE, that would be a plus!)

A lush island open to those with the wealth or connections to travel to. Accommodations include a guaranteed comfortable room, access to swimming pools and a night club, with even regular events hosted if one is lucky to come by during such times. The island is also native to various inhuman creatures, but guests are advised not to be alarmed if one is spotted - although there are strangely no rules against interacting with them. There are also a few other places of interest around the island, most of which are secret places where sex can take place. However the island also has a long history and various secrets rife with dark magic, seduction and violence.
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!

wander

If we can find others to play and a GM, Monsterhearts is a game where you play as monsters in a highschool setting. So there'd be monsterboys and monstergirls in that setting.

It uses the simple 2d6 system of Powered by the Apocalypse, that games like Apocalypse World and Dungeon World use. 2d6 for rolls, 10 is a success, 7-9 is a success but something happens and 6 or less is a failure.

Mingnon

Thanks for the offer wander. But aside from the high school setting which I'd like to avoid in future games, I have implied that there would be monster girls as well in the settings (I'll edit accordingly), and I'm mainly into freeform sandboxes at the moment. But thank you for the offer.
“There are only two races of men: decent and indecent. Both are found everywhere.”
-Victor Frankl
Discord RPs - Ons + Offs  - AnAs Thread
Oath of the Drake
Look for hot monsters in your area!