[Renegades] Anti-Heroes In Space - A Science Fiction Adventure - Closed

Started by Wispyr, April 10, 2016, 08:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarlo

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 14, 2016, 04:53:09 PM
No problemo! I am now awaiting the character sheet :D

Well hello Amarlo! And how are you doing? :-)

Quite alright, yourself? ;D

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Eh, I've been better. Not bad, not good either. Hoping that this game will be what I need to relax and unwind in a stress-free environment. Especially since I get to play- no, I won't spoil the surprise. But some of you might recognise my FC for our little Techie. ;) I'm also looking forward to seeing what everybody else has in store for us! :D

Speaking of! I do have a couple of questions; I want my Techie to have a little droid companion with her that she's tinkered with and added functions to...nothing big, just a kind of "aid" for her hacking and mechanical work. What kind of technology in that vein do they have available prior to the mutiny? And what kind of weaponry does humanity have access to? Do they still use ballistic projectiles, or do they have plasma or laser weaponry now?
Also, I'm assuming that all of the crew has to have been on the Athena at the time of the Mutiny, right? So they would necessarily have been members of the Military, or civilian contractors / staff, right? Just ironing some details out in my head. :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Ollumhammersong

Someone go out and conscript whoever else is needed! Bonk them on the head and drag them if need be!
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Wispyr

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 14, 2016, 05:01:33 PM
I want my Techie to have a little droid companion with her that she's tinkered with and added functions to...nothing big, just a kind of "aid" for her hacking and mechanical work. What kind of technology in that vein do they have available prior to the mutiny?
Haven't read your PM yet, but it's next on my list. I'll consider this, once I see what you've got in mind. Mostly because this is not a common -if at all - used kind of tech.

Do they still use ballistic projectiles, or do they have plasma or laser weaponry now?
Most weapons are ballistic - though typically at this point are magnetically fired, not powder. Laser/plasma/energy weapons do exist but they're expensive and hard to power so are usually reserved for vehicles. Personal laser weaponry is almost completely unheard of.

Also, I'm assuming that all of the crew has to have been on the Athena at the time of the Mutiny, right? So they would necessarily have been members of the Military, or civilian contractors / staff, right? Just ironing some details out in my head. :-)
No. There will be a section on the sheet that has you talk about this. It is possible for a character to have been a member of the original mutiny but absolutely not required - they could have been picked up later in virtually any way. There will be a place for you to talk about how the character ended up on the Athena and if the event was not the same, how they ended up on the team.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Wispyr on April 15, 2016, 03:13:12 AM
Haven't read your PM yet, but it's next on my list. I'll consider this, once I see what you've got in mind. Mostly because this is not a common -if at all - used kind of tech.

Ah, I see...well, what I was thinking was a kind of basic AI protocol (not much more complex than what we have now) attached to a little ball with a rotor blade or two, who primarily flies along beside her and sometimes acts as an interface...like, it plugs itself into the computer / door / whatever and she uses the droid as a "screen" to hack and decrypt and whatnot. Kind of like a flying personal laptop. :P If that's too advanced, that's cool, I can cut it out, I just figured it would be a nice, unique addition to her character. :-)

Quote from: Wispyr on April 15, 2016, 03:13:12 AMMost weapons are ballistic - though typically at this point are magnetically fired, not powder. Laser/plasma/energy weapons do exist but they're expensive and hard to power so are usually reserved for vehicles. Personal laser weaponry is almost completely unheard of.

Right-ho, just making sure! :D

Quote from: Wispyr on April 15, 2016, 03:13:12 AMNo. There will be a section on the sheet that has you talk about this. It is possible for a character to have been a member of the original mutiny but absolutely not required - they could have been picked up later in virtually any way. There will be a place for you to talk about how the character ended up on the Athena and if the event was not the same, how they ended up on the team.

Ah, ok. I assumed that the game picks up after the mutiny, as they're headed to the first colony. Guess I was wrong! My mistake. :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Wispyr

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 15, 2016, 04:49:39 AM
Ah, ok. I assumed that the game picks up after the mutiny, as they're headed to the first colony. Guess I was wrong! My mistake. :-)
At the point of game start, the Renegades are pretty well established. Kellan - and anyone who associates with him - are pretty highly wanted criminals of the Kulporian Union. The Athena was stolen over five years ago and has been on the run, and doing its thing since. During that time there are a number of people who have come to sympathize, and even support Kellan and his associates - of course, not openly for fear of direct retaliation from the Union.

At one point the Brothers of Sol wanted Kellan and the crew to join them, and for awhile they moved together... However Kellan is pretty sure Arthur is going to be a problem in the future and ultimately broke ties. That said, the Renegades and the Brothers of Sol are on terms good enough that because they often have over lapping interests, temporary aiding one another has and does happen.

Vergil Tanner

Right, I'm with you now :-) Doesn't change my characters pitched background / history (though it will change if you have any issues with it, obviously), but it's good to know so I don't get it wrong in-game. That would be embarrassing, haha. Thanks for correcting me. ^_^

Praxis

Quote from: Terian on April 14, 2016, 02:37:51 PM
I'm really only interested in Frontguard honestly, I'm just lurking in the event that the spot opens up.

If that's all you're able to write I can give it up and pick up another role.

I just don't recall what's available.

Metro Mech

For you Praxis, that would leave either the gunner or heavy gunner if they haven't been picked.
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Praxis

Thanks Metro.

I'll take gunner/soldier then and Terian can have Frontguard.

Lithium

Quote from: Praxis on April 15, 2016, 07:35:02 AM

You're a true hero! :)

Metro Mech

Heh yes, though for me I never had a conflict of interest since I always take the least popular or unfavorable role
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Praxis

Terian

Quote from: Praxis on April 15, 2016, 07:35:02 AM

You're a gentleman and a scholar!  Thanks!

Now I just need to find some reference images...  Face Claims are the scourge of the cosmos given how little I pay attention to television and movies.

(Added Later)

Hmm, found something I liked while digging for reference for the Frontguard armor, just depends on if it can be artwork or if it has to be a real image.

Ollumhammersong

Well, assuming that Miso will still join he only has one character option left
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

Ollumhammersong

Quote from: Terian on April 15, 2016, 10:28:18 AM

Now I just need to find some reference images...  Face Claims are the scourge of the cosmos given how little I pay attention to television and movies.

(Added Later)

Hmm, found something I liked while digging for reference for the Frontguard armor, just depends on if it can be artwork or if it has to be a real image.

If you go to the first page of this thread you can find a GM post with links to what front guard armour is supposed to look like.

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Terian on April 15, 2016, 10:28:18 AM

Well, if you want a Faceclaim, maybe I can offer a helping hand? I have an extensive list of FC's in my Folders (about 300 females and 200 males), so if you give me some parameters, I might be able to find you something you like?

Terian

Well, as I said, I found an illustration that I liked, it's just that when people use FC as a term, they usually demand real people, and that gives me a sad (Because I don't typically go on searches for that).

The one that I stumbled upon, at any rate, can be found at the below link.  So something along those lines maybe? 

Vergil Tanner

Terian

Well, I did find an alternate for a "Pre everything-goes-to-hell" portrait.

Right here.

General idea is a rich but not politically-well-connected guy's daughter left behind in the evacuation of Borealis IX.  Lost everything--managed to survive by kitbashing an old Frontguard unit from the estate's hangar on the orders of her bodyguard and managed to fight her way to safety, and right into the Renegades.  Happens to have a talent at wearing a big stompy robot that's since been refined over (Insert Period of Backstory Time Here)

Vergil Tanner

Terian

They kind of are, aren't they?

Which is why I was going "Yeah, no way this is going to work as an FC".

Vergil Tanner

Terian

Hah.

Well, hopefully that's...  At least a basic sort of ballpark for you to look through.

Your help's appreciated.

Vergil Tanner

Hmmm....that's gonna be hard, considering that she only barely looks human, but I'll see what I have.

Ok, so, after a basic skim through what I have, I may have found something like that kind of facial structure. Obviously the lips and eyes are massively unrealistic so no real human will have them, but I have found one with that KIND of general bone structure.

Linda Le, perhaps?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide