Souled! (Character Thread) CLOSED!

Started by kasper, September 03, 2011, 11:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jobe352

Octo, I'll send you a PM tomorrow regarding the Scryer. I need some time to think her personality over...  :P

kasper

NO LOOSE ENDS; LET NONE BE THE NOOSE.

DarkRose15

As Octopus said, take your time. I'm doing the same to make sure I get the right feel for the chars I'm playing *nod nod*
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Zadaris

Considering the detail that went into many of the characters it's only right to take some time to solidify the characters image.
"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them, into the impossible."

DarkRose15

kasper

Alright guys we have two roles left.

The Scryer will be either Jobe or Sweets, I will decide that after Jobe has the chance to send in how she'd mold the scryer.

The Charmer are the only two we have that are completely unclaimed. I'm thinking of changing his character a bit to help interest others. Also, Zadaris, I will PM you later tonight in regards to the Damned Soul. You have been given the role I just have yet to make that clear so I'm going to change that know. :)

Any way, if any body has any suggestions for the Charmer, I'm open to hearing them. I will also be discussing this with Jaden since this will be one of her partners. However, I will go ahead and tell you all an idea I had- very unrefined right now but some thing- and that is to have him have problems controlling his temper. He would probably be a demon. I think that deep down he would have a good heart but can't really control his anger. Like I said, it's unrefined but I will considering it today.

With that said, I would like to thank you all so far for your patience and willingness to participate, especially by expanding on character skeletons and giving input on the actual structure of the role play itself. Before the role play begins, which could possibly be rather soon, I will PM each of you about each character in relation to my own characters- if they've met, how they are towards each other if they have, possible back stories, etc. I highly suggest all of you to do some thing similar to this. You don't have to go into high detail about it, or PM each player, but discussing things over the OOC would probably be beneficial. I think that it would help create both a flow of creativeness as well as invest each player into the role play even more and perhaps generate excitement.

I still have some kinks to work out before we can begin. To those of you who showed an interest in changing your picture. As I've said, I am willing to meet you half way, to find some thing that we can agree on. Keep in mind that you will need to also have the approval of your partners as well, since the picture change will effect them since they need an interest in the picture too. Keep to the style that's within the pictures already shown. I don't want any thing that looks as if it's come out of some mainstream anime show. I want unique pictures, after all, these are unique characters, right? I have stated it before and I'll state it again, I'm picky about the art work. These are one of the things that I'm quite stubborn on but I think Rose backs me in stubbornness. I will do my best to help you find pictures, but keep in mind I have a bit of a busy schedule. I feel like it would make things a lot easier if when searching for a picture you found the picture from Zerochan- like I said you can type in 'original' and it will give you original pictures. I feel that Zerochan has a particular style, one that accommodates the uniqueness I'm looking for. If I don't like the picture- then that's that. I won't budge. But like I said, I'm open to helping find alternatives. :)

Flower

Perhaps you can create a thread and title it Character Relations so it will be easy to find and reference later?  :)

JadenMystic

I can't picture Charmer as a demon. Nightmare, yes, but not Charmer. Sorry...

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Brittlby

Well I was considering playing Charmer or Rat Prince, and settled with Rat Prince for my second. You or the eventual player can use anything you like from the concept I was kicking around.

The idea I had for Charmer was that he had been a merchant that sold his soul for a silver tongue, and reaped the fringe benefits as well, talking his way into the hearts and pants of women across the continent. Like the saying goes, he was raised to be charming not sincere, and so it came to pass after years as a travelling lothario, he discovers one of his affairs resulted in a suicide.

Never one to reflect before, further perusal unearthed that he was leaving a trail of broken hearts and dead bodies. Abusing his gift, he burned brighter than the sun in the mind of his lovers and when he had left them carelessly to move on to the next town, they never could leave him behind. I had intended for him to have an ability that he used only reluctantly and carefully to push his will on another via spoken words. Also that he suffered from a terrible curse, being haunted by the women who loved him, their apparitions talking to him and staring at him from reflective surfaces.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

DarkRose15

I do agree about the art. All the pictures that Octopus has found so far all mesh fairly well, something from a typical anime shown on TV just won't cut it in a game like this.

I like the idea of a character relations thread :)

jobe352

You can let Sweets have the role--I don't want to bog myself too deep into the role-play where I won't be able to reply as often as I would like.  ::) I figure it'll be best that way.

DarkRose15

DarkRose15

Iona's Background:

Iona at present has no memories of her life, having found herself thrust into the after life and finding herself in the company of one known only as Talt, who has promised to guide her to where she must go. But in hindsight, her memory loss may not be such a bad thing.

Her true name is not known to her, but the living would know her as a woman so cruel, so vile that no one wished to mention it. She send hundreds and hundreds of innocent people to their deaths with a smile on her face, and engaged in depraved acts of violence and torment whenever the situation arose. She was a perfect, cold blooded killer who led a vicious band of malcontents against the world. Even her subordinates weren't safe from her wrath!

Anyone who disagreed with her was at risk for death, and she often found herself replacing everyone under her rather frequently. However, one of her most trusted associates grew tired of his mistress's evil ways, and rebelled against her, killing her in a way that would make even the most hard-hearted villain pale with sickness.

As such, her soul is bound for Hell, to experience the acts she committed on Earth as she had done to others. But somehow on crossing over, her memories were wiped clean, as if given a clean slate. Whether or not it is for a second chance she doesn't know. All she knows is that for the moment, she is traveling with the mysterious Talt. Everything has become more odd and unusual, but she comes to appreciate her time with Talt, feeling drawn to his enigmatic ways. She willingly agreed to give him her soul, but has yet to determine the wish that she wants in exchange for it.

DarkRose15

Sirenia's Background:

When she was alive, a long time ago, she'd been blessed with the most beautiful voice the world had ever heard. Anyone who heard it fell under it's hypnotic trance, as if under a spell. She could lure anyone in with just a few words, and became extremely proud and vain as a result. She began to become demanding, abusive, and cruel.

Those who came to hear her, would find themselves being forced to give up almost all of their money just to even hear a few notes. She fancied herself above the law, and began to engage in acts that would make a whore's cheeks blush, and committed other crimes to further her ambitions. She wanted to become the most powerful singer in the known world, and would do anything to get there. Whether or not she murdered anyone is not known, but few who knew her then wouldn't put it past her to do so for her voice.

At last, after watching quietly, the gods struck her down for her hubris. She'd gone too far, and rather than using her gift for the benefit of mankind, she instead chose to use it for her own selfish ways. So she was sent to Hell, her voice instead of bringing life and joy unto the masses instead bringing sorrow and death. Those who hear her song that are evil souls find themselves thrust into the pits of Hell, and those who live and hear her song for too long will also, sadly, find themselves sent to Hell as well.

Sirenia has taken to her job well enough, but has come to sincerely regret her actions. She is still, however, very tough. Some can see her as harsh as well. But even so, she now has also come appreciate the innocent, and will stay her hand when she finds true innocence. She is stunned when she encounters the Damned Soul, confused as to why he would wish to go to Hell, and intrigued by it as well.

DarkRose15

Karasu

I am interested, but a tad confused on who to try and play..
Removed, due to vandalism.

JadenMystic

History/Background:

Dream -
Name: Angel
Dream is sleep's daughter. She is a kind, lovely and peaceful teenager. Her beauty is breathtaking and she's quite ladylike in her mannerisms, however she has a bad habit of being drawn to Nightmare, finding him quite... well... dreamy...

For someone who sees all dreams, you would think I'd be happy, right? Why can't I get my dreamy guy to even give me the light of day? He thinks I'm annoying, yet I STILL haven't left his side. Maybe one of these days he'll see me as something other than a pest.... I wonder if mama would have any ideas on how to get someone together. She doesn't have to know who the guy is I like. She'd never approve......

The Innocent Soul -
Name: Abrianna
She has been the victim of a wish from the ferryman- her soul is to be sent to Hell despite being innocent. She does not understand how this has happened to her and struggles with this hand she has been dealt.

Innocent, yet stuck in Hell. What did I do to piss someone off to send me to here? I'm a good person. I've never done anything wrong, and no one will believe me and listen. Is there anyone that can help me???

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

DarkRose15

Quote from: Karasu on September 07, 2011, 03:11:07 PM
I am interested, but a tad confused on who to try and play..
Take your time and read over the chars and see which one works of the ones left ^_^

Karasu

aye, gender doesn't matter it's the personality that does tho.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Flower

Looks like there is only one left now  O:)

DarkRose15

*hums the song by Queen used for the Highlander series*

kasper

Update: The Scryer, played by Sweets, will now have a small one year old child instead of being pregnant. Just thought I'd let you all know. :)

kasper

Update: The role play is now closed! Also, be sure to check out the Charmer's new profile- he has been slightly redesigned and will be played by Karasu. :)

DarkRose15

I think I have a concept but I need to see if someone would be willing to have done something so heinous to an innocent girl that she'd become the sinister twin and lock her heart away (or at least 95% of it.) That or I can come up with something else.

kasper