[PF] Rise of the Runelords - Recruitment Closed

Started by Re Z L, April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re Z L

With all the other adventure paths being run I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring as well. I'm planning to run the anniversary edition of the RotRL AP.

Some basic rules:

Source material:  Any official Pathfinder book (ie. not third party stuff).  I'd prefer to limit everything to http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home just for ease of reference, but that's not to say something in a book that isn't on the SRD site isn't allowed, just ask if you're unsure and I'll probably say yes (I'm flexible).  Additionally the player's guide for this adventure path is located here:  http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tgl?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Rise-of-the-Runelords-Anniversary-Edition-Players-Guide

Starting level:  Level 1.  The adventure will take us all the way through to around level 15-17.

Ability Scores:  20 point buy as per http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#TOC-Generating-Ability-Scores

Hit Points:  Max hit points for first level.  Subsequent levels will be half your class's hit die plus 1 (ex.  a Rogue has a d8, half of that is 4, plus 1 is 5).

Starting Wealth:  Average gold as per your character class as well as one free outfit costing 10 gold or less.

Traits:  2 Traits at the player's option

Applications:  You don't need a fully fleshed out character, a background with some additional character details is fine; such as personality, description (picture optional, but encouraged), class, and party role.

Number of players:  I'm looking for somewhere between 6-8 players, leaning more towards the lower end for the time being, but I do like large groups  ;D

Due Date:  I'd like to leave this open for recruitment for about a week--maybe less if interest seems to die out--to make sure enough people get the chance to respond.  This means the game will most likely begin a week from friday (3 May).

I think that just about covers everything...

So let me know if you're interested!  ;D

A&A

RubySlippers

I'll play never did an adventure path before, and the SRD is fine. What level to start?

Re Z L

Knew I'd forget something!

Level 1 to start out. The AP is designed to take us to around level 17ish.
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Anon315

I've always wanted to play RuLo. I'm in JR, but not this one. Should we look at the player's guide or anything to know a premise? Is there a player's guide?

RubySlippers

Good and I assume Kits are okay if official and what about alternative racial traits I have access to the OGL source?

Right now I will like to run a Halfling sorcerer or wizard her stature will be little but her spells as big as any big races.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Why not just allow all Official Paizo Pathfinder material(Core Book, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate books, etc)?

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 24, 2013, 04:26:51 PM
Why not just allow all Official Paizo Pathfinder material(Core Book, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide, Ultimate books, etc)?

As far as I know most/all of that material is available on http://www.d20pfsrd.com/home

If something is missing just ask, I'll probably say yes.

I made the original post from my phone earlier, so I'm going to go back and make a few edits so all of the pertinent information is on the first post for everyone to read  ;D
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Wasn't sure, I just knew the 3.5 SRD was the bare bones of the system.

AndyZ

I'll sign on for this.  Dunno what I'll make yet though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RubySlippers

Okay I have Wyssal the Halfling wizard, not sure of archetypes and school yet. I have the idea to work on Arcane Armor Training for 3rd Level so she is designed accordingly.

Should be pretty capable as it looks now.

EDIT:

Wyssal
Halfling Wizard
Archetype [none]
Arcane School [Univeral]
Opposition Schools - Illusion and Necromancy

Wyssal is this adorable little Halfling woman with shiny and sparkly bits, odd symbols and common Halfling clothing with faire hair and dark eyes. She wields the Halfling sized quarterstaff [Crookedrune] an item that is her Arcane Focus and she plans to enchant it up later on. [weapon not a staff]

Hailing from the local Halfling communities and fortunate enough to train in magic she views it as an equalizer her magic spells are as big as any Bigger Race so its fair, her family are all farming folk with crafting skills and all but she found that so boring. Was considered talented by the Hedge Wizard Hobblenose who taught her.

EroticFantasyAuthor

So far my only ideas are either a pyromaniac(either Alchemist or Wizard) gnome or a something gunslinger.

Muse

Oh! 

Room for me?

I've been wanting to play my Aasimar Gunslinger (musket master) for a while, but I should probably come out with a cleric.  (No one ever wants to play a cleric but me.  :P  ) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Re Z L

Always room for more applicants  ;D

You're the fifth person so far to express interest.
A&A

Anon315

Application
Joran the Bow
Half-Elf Cleric of Erastil

Personality: Joran is a beacon of all that is good and proper. He radiates good, to the point that the thought of him even committing a foul act seems beyond possibility. It probably is. He treats everyone with respect, even those who make themselves his enemy. He has no qualms about violence, and is even a hunter, but he shows great reverence and respect for his quarry as well as any enemies he makes.

History: Left at a church shortly after his birth due to being born a half-elf, he spent his entire childhood and most of his adult life up to now in the church in one capacity or another. In childhood the church sheltered him from the greatest amount of the harm that would be a result of his half-breed nature. By the time it became apparent, he could generally pass himself off as pure-bred elf, though to the careful observer it was fairly obvious he was more hale and hearty than most of those kin. He follows Erastil, and has devoted himself to the work of the church. He teaches the use of the bow and takes care of animal problems plaguing local farmers. At current, he is on a pilgrimage to Sandpoint, to visit the newly completed cathedral.

Role: Ranged Support / Healer / Buffer

Ebb

I'm interested in joining as a fairly basic Dwarven ranger.

Dunn Brakov, Dwarven Ranger
http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=12146

History: Dunn hails from the village of Sweetspring, in the Calphiak Mountains. Nothing remains of the village now. Three years ago Sweetspring was attacked by family of hill giants wishing to claim the town's eponymous water source as their own. The giants were defeated, but the victory was pyrrhic. The third of the village that remained alive had no heart to remain near a spring now polluted with the blood of their clansmen. Dunn left with a burning desire for vengeance in his heart, but enough wisdom to know that seeking out giants in single combat was suicide. He needed to hone his weaponcraft first, which is unfortunate for any goblins or others who now cross his path. He has come to Sandpoint hoping to find like-minded adventurers in a region rumored to host more than a few of the hated giants.

Personality: At heart Dunn still believes that people are good, but that fate is cruel and cannot be guarded against. At any time the roof of the tunnel might collapse, or a monster far stronger than you might stumble across your path. He bears a fierce loyalty to whomever he chooses as his companions; he has lost enough in this life already. Dunn bears no illusions about nobility when it comes to combat, and is more than willing to employ tactics or dirty tricks when it comes to life and death situations.

Role: Melee combatant with some ranged ability, which should develop over time.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Wow you guys are quick, we're submitting applications then? Hmm

Anon315

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 24, 2013, 11:25:16 PM
Wow you guys are quick, we're submitting applications then? Hmm

That's what the opening post said to do.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 24, 2013, 12:41:27 PMApplications:  You don't need a fully fleshed out character, a background with some additional character details is fine; such as personality, description (picture optional, but encouraged), class, and party role.

Number of players:  I'm looking for somewhere between 6-8 players, leaning more towards the lower end for the time being, but I do like large groups  ;D

Due Date:  I'd like to leave this open for recruitment for about a week--maybe less if interest seems to die out--to make sure enough people get the chance to respond.  This means the game will most likely begin a week from friday (3 May).

I think that just about covers everything...

So let me know if you're interested!  ;D

EroticFantasyAuthor

Must've missed that

Oh and what is the expected level of erotic content that will be in this campaign?

Callie Del Noire

EroticFantasyAuthor

So far I believe we have a Cleric, Ranger and Paladin, with someone who's voiced interest in a gunslinger, and as for myself I'm not entirely sure yet.

The application thing makes me feel bit rushed.

Callie Del Noire

Remin the Claw

Name: Remin The Claw
Race: Catfolk
Class: Fighter

Background: He recalls a little of his childhood, before the Chelaxians who brought him to the north. A land of trees to the north and a hot dry land of grass where his family hunted the tall grass. Then there was blood and fire. Then he was taken and sold. Again and again. He learned to speak Common in the sands of Orsirion, he learned to hit a man hard enough to beat him to death when he was taken to Westcrown in Chelliax. A brawler and then a warrior, trained with sword and shield. Then he went west with his master.. to Korvosa. There one night..he stood tall over the bodies of sixteen bandits, tired and bloodly with a stolen sword and door in hand. The only one who remained standing beside his master.

For saving him, he was given his freedom, the blade he had taken and a handful of gold to make his way. Not many jobs for a cat-man so far from his home and in lands where men were beholden to Devils. So he took his money and freedom, collected the scalps of the men he'd killed for their bounties and headed towards Riddleport to find a way home.

or..
Something like this...

Name: Lissa of Korvosa
Class: Wizard (Evoker)
Race: Human (Chelaxian) (Or possibly Tiefling if allowed)
Background: Born and raised in Korvosa, the magical academy, she had never known anything beyond the study of magic till recently when she impulsively took her new standing as a graduate of the school to collect her meager trust and leave. She headed south to investigate the Cyphergate in Riddleport.

Lissa of Korvosa
Female Human (Varisian) Wizard 1
NG Medium Humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +3
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10 (+2 Dex)
hp 7 (1d6+1)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +2
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Club +0 (1d6/x2)
Ranged Light crossbow +2 (1d8/19-20/x2)
Wizard Spells Prepared (CL 1):
1 (2/day) Magic Missile, Mage Armor, Burning Disarm (DC 15)
0 (at will) Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation (DC 14)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 12
Feats Cypher Magic, Cypher Script, Scribe Scroll
Traits Scholar of the Ancients, Underlying Principles
Skills Craft (alchemy) +8, Knowledge (arcana) +9, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (local) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +3, Sense Motive +2, Spellcraft +8
Languages Abyssal, Azlanti, Common, Draconic, Infernal, Orc, Thassilonian, Varisian
SQ +2 to fortitude saves, arcane bonds (chitters [familiar], mongoose), empathic link with familiar, force missile (7/day), intense spells +1, opposition schools (illusion, necromancy), share spells with familiar, specialized schools (evocation)
Other Gear Club, Crossbow bolts (10), Light crossbow, Backpack (21 @ 27.5 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (1 @ 0 lbs), Flint and steel, Ink, black, Inkpen, Soap, Spell component pouch, Spellbook, Torch (10), Trail rations (5), Waterskin, Wizard's kit, 13 GP
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
+2 to Fortitude saves You gain the Alertness feat while your familiar is within arm's reach.
Cypher Magic Gain bonuses to caster level when using scrolls
Cypher Script You are more efficient at using your spellbook
Empathic Link with Familiar (Su) You have an empathic link with your Arcane Familiar.
Evocation Evokers revel in the raw power of magic, and can use it to create and destroy with shocking ease.
Force Missile (7/day) (Sp) Magic Missile hits for 1d4+1
Illusion You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Illusion school.
Intense Spells +1 (Su) Evocation spells deal listed extra damage.
Necromancy You must spend 2 slots to cast spells from the Necromancy school.
Share Spells with Familiar Can cast spells with a target of "You" on the familiar with a range of touch.

--------------------

Chitters (Familiar)
Mongoose
N Tiny Magical Beast ((animal))
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 16, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+2 Dex, +2 size, +2 natural)
hp 3 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +3
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 20 ft., climbing (20 feet)
Melee Bite (Mongoose) +4 (1d3-4/x2)
Space 2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 3, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 6, Wis 12, Cha 5
Base Atk +0; CMB +0; CMD 6 (10 vs. Trip)
Feats Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +10 (+6 jump), Climb +10, Escape Artist +3, Fly +6, Linguistics -1, Perception +5, Spellcraft -1, Stealth +14; Racial Modifiers +8 Acrobatics, +4 Stealth
Languages
SQ attach, improved evasion
Other Gear You have no money!
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Attach (Ex) If you hit with the listed attack, you can latch on to your opponent.
Climbing (20 feet) You have a Climb speed.
Improved Evasion (Ex) No damage on successful reflex save; half on failed save.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Muse

Misti Amala: An Angel with a Shotgun

One day, about 69 years ago, a baby in a basket was left on the doorstep of the temple of Torag.  The babe was rather striking, with endless black eyes that had an amethyst luminescence in the right light.  The priests who examined her believed she had angelic blood.  They took her in.  An engineer-nun named Amala took responsibility for her care, and gave her the name Misti. 

Misti proved to have a very long childhood.  She Amala and her step sister grew old.  This made her very sad and drove her to spend time with the few more long lived temple residents and distance herself from others.  Nixi—a gnomish alchemist—and Rinda—a half elf temple guard—became her friends and teachers. 

One day, she found a beat up old musket in the vaults and received permission to make a project of repairing it and learning its use.  She mastered it and spent the first years of her adulthood in the temple guard.  She maintains this career today, but grows restless, wanting to have adventures and see the world. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=552701
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tydorei

Re Z L

On my phone again so I'll make this quick :

Don't feel too rushed with the applications, you've got another 6 days to finish it :-)

Sin features prominently in the game so I expect there will be a decent amount of sex content... Most of this is up to the players though

Tieflings are fine with me
A&A

AndyZ

Anything in your game about monks or paladins not being allowed to have sex?  Not counting Vows of Chastity obviously

EroticFantasyAuthor

Hmm, if there's going to be a bit of erotic content then I'll most likely create a character that's more sexual.

My previous concept had been a Gnome Alchemist, which I still might go with even though he'd be more of a "normal campaign" character.

Edit: Is content(feats and such) allowed from the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide(though technically they're 3.5)?

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on April 25, 2013, 02:31:40 PM
Anything in your game about monks or paladins not being allowed to have sex?  Not counting Vows of Chastity obviously

Barring Vow of Chastity no.  "Evil" sex is probably out of the question for paladins, though (ie. any kind of NC where they are the provocateur).

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 04:23:32 PM
Edit: Is content(feats and such) allowed from the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide(though technically they're 3.5)?

I'm not sure I follow, what are you referring to?
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

There's several feats in the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide, wondering if those are allowed?

Also what is the target alignment? Guessing good, but would smart evil(no chaotic stupid murderhobos) allowed?

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:17:37 PM
There's several feats in the Rise of the Rune Lords Player's Guide, wondering if those are allowed?

Also what is the target alignment? Guessing good, but would smart evil(no chaotic stupid murderhobos) allowed?

Good is the premiere alignment, yes.  I don't have anything against having an evil party member, however if you get in the group with the paladin then there may be more issues than anyone wants to deal with  ;-)

I...don't see any feats in the Player's Guide, what page are you talking about?
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Like I said, smart evil  ;D

Page 13, Feats of Varisia

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:57:26 PM
Like I said, smart evil  ;D

Page 13, Feats of Varisia

Ah!  We were reading different books.  (We're using the Anniversary Edition).

You can take them if you like, though I think there's probably better options out there.

Until the Paladin uses Detect Evil on you and sees your true colors!  Most won't even associate with evil people if they can avoid it, but I've seen it work before so I'd at least caution you to be flexible with the evil concept.
A&A

Kord

Ah man, if I hand not already DM'ed this campaign I would be completely up for this. Hope everything goes well :)
My roleplaying on's and off's: https://www.f-list.net/c/kordbluemoon

RockSalt

Putting in my tentative interest! Though I'll be busy the next week or so, so I might be a bit slow getting things in, but just to start!

Anon315

Quote from: Re Z L on April 25, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
I...don't see any feats in the Player's Guide, what page are you talking about?
13-14 in my copy. "Feats of Varisia"

I also took a campaign trait.

Ebb

Quote from: Anon315 on April 25, 2013, 07:33:41 PM
13-14 in my copy. "Feats of Varisia"

I also took a campaign trait.

They were present in the original player's guide from six years ago, but in the more modern re-issue they've been replaced by the various traits instead. In a way they were the prototype for the campaign-specific trait system that's used now.

I've heard "Big Game Hunter" (+1 attack +2 damage to all Large or larger creatures) described as overpowered before, but to my eye none of them in the old guide are really deal-breakers. Still, I like the newer traits better for their flavor.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Smart Evil wouldn't give the paladin a reason to use Detect Evil on him/her.  ;)

I'm mostly asking just to keep options open incase I think of something.

My current concepts are two so far.

1. Less sexual, fit easily into a "normal" Pathfinder campaign. A pyromaniac Gnome Alchemist with a good heart who wishes to use fire to help and protect.

2. More sexual - Probably a bard who enjoys adventure and the pleasures life has to offer. Likely chaotic neutral.

Anon315

Quote from: Re Z L on April 25, 2013, 01:29:07 PM
Sin features prominently in the game so I expect there will be a decent amount of sex content... Most of this is up to the players though

Tieflings are fine with me

I would note that my character's alignment does not restrict him from sex, though it would tend to limit the types as previously outlined. Seems to me that often people who are fairly religious are the kinkiest.

AndyZ

I'm good with changing from the paladin if need be, but really, a decently intelligent Smart Evil should be able to keep her fooled even if it does come up.

RockSalt

What are your thoughts about using non-standard races that require race points? I'm currently leaning towards a fetchling, though at 17 RP that's nearing a bit high for 1st level (average RP of 20 is when the race guide starts suggesting level adjustment at 1st level on the SRD) If you don't want to allow it, that's fine! I'll pick something else :3

Erich Norden

Tentatively interested; I already have a character in mind.  Are you going to hew closely to the AP as written, or will there be potential for original branches or side-plots?  I'm also interested to know (also from the other applicants) to what extent adult themes would be in play.  Personally I'd like some raunchy elements, as long as they don't get silly or crowd out the actual story.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Tydorei

EroticFantasyAuthor

3.5 Flaws are easy enough to use with Pathfinder.

Re Z L

Quote from: RockSalt on April 25, 2013, 09:55:55 PM
What are your thoughts about using non-standard races that require race points? I'm currently leaning towards a fetchling, though at 17 RP that's nearing a bit high for 1st level (average RP of 20 is when the race guide starts suggesting level adjustment at 1st level on the SRD) If you don't want to allow it, that's fine! I'll pick something else :3

With some minor changes I'd allow Fetchlings--remove low-light vision and the spell-like abilities shadow walk and plane shift.

Quote from: Erich Norden on April 25, 2013, 11:28:14 PM
Tentatively interested; I already have a character in mind.  Are you going to hew closely to the AP as written, or will there be potential for original branches or side-plots?  I'm also interested to know (also from the other applicants) to what extent adult themes would be in play.  Personally I'd like some raunchy elements, as long as they don't get silly or crowd out the actual story.

The AP will be followed relatively closely with a few modifications here and there to tailor it a bit better for the group.  There will be some action on the side as well.  Adult themes will depend largely on the players, but I'll accommodate just about anything that comes up  ;D  As I said earlier, the 7 Sins/Virtues feature heavily in the campaign so naturally Lust will come up quite often.

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 01:55:39 AM
Are character flaws allowed?

Nope
A&A

RockSalt

Quote from: Re Z L on April 26, 2013, 06:21:59 AM
With some minor changes I'd allow Fetchlings--remove low-light vision and the spell-like abilities shadow walk and plane shift.

Sweet! I wanted them mostly for the fluff, I think they're interesting @u@ I wasn't going to get those spell like abilities until levels 9 and 13 anyways XD

And if it's okay with you, I'm planning on making my character more native to the mateiral plane than the shadow, so I'm planning to take the World Walker alternate race trait (which takes away my bonus to knowledge: planes, and replaces it with knowledge: nature and Knowledge: local )

Re Z L

Quote from: RockSalt on April 26, 2013, 07:51:21 AM
Sweet! I wanted them mostly for the fluff, I think they're interesting @u@ I wasn't going to get those spell like abilities until levels 9 and 13 anyways XD

And if it's okay with you, I'm planning on making my character more native to the mateiral plane than the shadow, so I'm planning to take the World Walker alternate race trait (which takes away my bonus to knowledge: planes, and replaces it with knowledge: nature and Knowledge: local )

They do have  neat flair to them :-)

Being more native to the material plane is definitely better for the campaign I think ;D
A&A

Muse

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 25, 2013, 06:17:37 PM

Ick, why would we want a treacherous bastard in our midst? 

RockSalt

Quote from: Muse on April 26, 2013, 12:28:53 PM
Ick, why would we want a treacherous bastard in our midst?
*PULLS OUT SKULL* FOR THE DRAMA MY GOOD MAN!

Muse

*smiles and bows* 

Thank you, m'lady. 

Sorry I'm being grumpy, I'm really not feeling well this month. 

I've run into a lot of issues with evil party members, but the biggest one dates back to when I was the only one in my tabletop group to GM.  As a GM I play a whole lot of evil characters, and people who want to be both evil and PCs seemed to me to be trying to get out of giving me a chance to be a player.  *Sweat drop* 

It also bothered me that someone would come in, not only making a character with potentially conflicting goals to the rest of the party, but expecting Andy to change his character to fit. 

RockSalt

See, the way I see it is this: the characters can be whatever alignment, the PLAYERS however, all have to be on the same page in terms of goals and what they want out of the game. If you get the player with the chaotic stupid barbarian that kills anything that opens its mouth, he's clearly not going to fit in with a good party, however, in a game revolving around cutthroat pirates or a party full of other chaotic killdie, it's not a big issue, and everyone can have fun.

It didn't look like to me that EroticFantasyAuthor actually asked anyone to change their characters. She seemed more intent on making her character intelligent enough to work around the paladin, rather than asking the paladin to change. Other people expressed concern about it however.

If there's a falling out between the evil character and the rest of the party, there's always the option to have the evil character break off and potentially become a villain (tasty drama!) and fill in the party with a new character if it really becomes an issue. If all the players are working together OOC, I think they should be able to figure out how to make things work *shrugs*

Lookit me talking way too much, hah.

ANYWAS, I'm currently stuck between a fetchling oracle and a fetchling rogue. We haven't had any rogues apped yet so I'm leaning towards that since we already have two divine characters up for application even though I like oracles a bit more in general hmmm... Any thoughts?

Muse

:)  I don't know much about fetchlings. 

My experience with pathfinder adventure paths is you get in a lot of trouble if the four classic roles aren't represented, so a rogue sounds great.  :) 

EroticFantasyAuthor

I think I've pretty much decided on an Alchemist, hopefully will have the application/character post up sometime later today/tonight.

Aye, I wasn't asking or suggesting that anyone change their characters, just wanted to know if smart evil was allowed to keep options open. But the character I'm currently leaning the most towards is planned to be a neutral good gnome, but I may decide on a chaotic neutral elf instead.

Muse

:)  That sounds like a really awesome character, E.F.A. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

Callie Del Noire

The gnome..cause you can always go 'little man-big man' with Infusions and Mutagens.. :D

AndyZ

As a player, my only real concern is going against the team in a team game. I'm sure at least a few of you have had that game where nobody but the Rogue is getting loot and selling things that would have been extremely useful to everyone else.

Similar issues arise for pvp, though I've had to instigate such before when RP demanded, so that just tends to be a thing to keep very rare.

It was actually I who offered to change since if Aria catches people looting, raping and pillaging, she's going to try to take out the guilty party. However, that's just on keeping her from finding out

Erich Norden

RockSalt

Application!

Solsiss
Male Fetcher Rogue
Role: Utility rogue with attention to skills, but sneak attack good for melee.
History: Sol doesn't remember his parents that well. He remembers that he was with them when he was little, and that they lived primarily in the Shadow plane like many fetchlings. However, the memories are fleeting and hazy, leaving mostly a feeling of unpleasantness in their wake. By far Solsiss has spent the majority of his life alone, on the streets of the human world and the material plane. He found himself on the streets of a large prosperous sea town, and scrapped and stole to survive. There was plenty in the prosperous little trade town, and once he learned how to steal he rarely went hungry. Restlessness and a drive for purpose lead him to steal and perfect his skills even when his stomach was full. He eventually became too known a quantity in the town, large though it was, Sol stuck out due to his inhuman appearance. Eventually he became too known an entity, and had to move on, hitting the road to seek greener pastures. He's been a bit of a vagabond and scoundrel ever since. A few times he's attempted to return to the shadow realm, but hasn't been able to shift like many of his brethren. Sol suspects he is not a full fetchling, that he has mingled human blood somehow, but without knowing the whereabouts of his family or how he was separated from them means he's mostly abandoned the effort to live out his life on the edge of the law.
Personality: Sol is quiet, he always seems to be blending into the background, staying out of social interactions, right up until he steps forward and people realize he's been watching the entire time and that those bright eyes have taken in a lot more than expected. He's sharp and cynical. Years of living on the street have left him with the belief that no one is truly pure on the inside. He's stared at the underbelly of peaceful towns and shining cities, and nothing is ever as perfect as it appears. This means his trust is rarely if ever earned. When he's not putting on his charm and silver tongue to get something he wants, he's usually good for sharp quips and sarcastic remarks. He doesn't respond very well to authority without sense or respect to back it up, and seems to enjoy playing devil's advocate in arguments for the sake of every side of the situation getting its voice. Sol is naturally a pessimist, but with a huge amount confidence in his own skills and an enjoyment for adrenaline rushes means it doesn't keep him from doing much. He's a lot more sensitive and deeper than he lets on, and if you somehow get him to trust and talk openly, he can be a very good conversational partner.
Appearance:(working on picture) Solsiss is sort, barely gracing 5'5", and thin. He looks quite a bit like a pushover, having the lithe frame of all fetchlings, but despite his frame, his smallness is a more than welcome coverup for his dangerous speed and competence. His stark white skin and tinted gray hair leaves him almost monochrome, drawing attention straight to his pupiless yellow-green eyes. Unlike many fetchlings he has a white sclera so his eyes are not a uniform color, and his lips, cheeks, and tips of his fingers are tinted with pink. His face is round and youthful, but worn slightly weariness and jittery awareness. He holds himself much like a cat, with an idle gracefulness that's ready to snap into dangerous action at any moment.

I'm working on the actual character sheet!

Re Z L

Added a list of current applicants to the first post so everyone can kind of see what's been submitted so far (they're also linked to the actual application) and to help keep my sanity when I go through them more in depth later on  ;D
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Is there an easy way to see which books are included in the SRD, or am I missing something obvious?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 07:50:21 PM
Is there an easy way to see which books are included in the SRD, or am I missing something obvious?

The SRD gets a bit confusing as they had to change the names after they opened their ownline store to cover costs. I would say though it covers the Paizo Pathfinder line except for the golorian setting stuff (like Magnimar, city of Monuments for example)

We, Venture-Officers in the Pathfinder society, have tried to edge folks from using it as their sole source.. BUT it does a very good job of covering the game.. The PRD @ Paizo is another good source.. but the interface isn't as nice.. but DOES do a much better job of breaking things down by books and citing the source for information.

That being said the SRD usually has a source citation somewhere on the page.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Am I pretty much covered just using the official main Pathfinder books?

Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Books, Race Guide, etc.

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 26, 2013, 10:07:12 PM
Am I pretty much covered just using the official main Pathfinder books?

Advanced Player's Guide, Ultimate Books, Race Guide, etc.

Yup, that'll be fine
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Alrighty, that makes things much easier, thank you.

Erich Norden

The PFSRD has just about everything from every Paizo book (mechanics-wise), and there's usually a small citation block at the bottom of pages.  I use it almost exclusively.

AndyZ

I have a question.  Throwing shields list that you can throw them as a standard action.  Is that right?

I'm trying to figure out if there's decent ways to have Lay on Hands or cast spells without losing too much time with a heavy shield.

Anon315

Quote from: AndyZ on April 27, 2013, 09:27:17 AM
I have a question.  Throwing shields list that you can throw them as a standard action.  Is that right?

I'm trying to figure out if there's decent ways to have Lay on Hands or cast spells without losing too much time with a heavy shield.

Dropping a held item has always been a free action, iirc.

RockSalt

Bucklers also leave your hands free, but obviously are a much lighter on the AC bonus.

RubySlippers

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: AndyZ on April 27, 2013, 09:27:17 AM

The only thing I can really think to suggest at the moment is not to mix and match them as much as possible. Basically only worry about "killing" during combat(unless someone needs an emergency Lay-On-Hands or Healing Spell), and heal after the combat is over. Combat begins, Kill-Mode On; Combat Over, Heal-Mode On. Heh

Only other thing I can suggest is searching for a Paladin Handbook/Guide.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 27, 2013, 03:33:57 PM
The only thing I can really think to suggest at the moment is not to mix and match them as much as possible. Basically only worry about "killing" during combat(unless someone needs an emergency Lay-On-Hands or Healing Spell), and heal after the combat is over. Combat begins, Kill-Mode On; Combat Over, Heal-Mode On. Heh

Only other thing I can suggest is searching for a Paladin Handbook/Guide.

Faiths of Purity.. Knights of the Inner Sea.. Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic..the upcoming Ultimate Campaign book.. all good for palidin building. My experiences in pathfinder organized play.. 20 points is a wee bit low for building a good all around Paladin.. so.. pick and chooice your options.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Re Z L

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 28, 2013, 12:20:09 AM
So....okay to go 1gp over average?  ;D

How did you even spend all of that gold  O_o

I guess I won't mind 1gp too much, but you'll probably be able to buy some stuff after the game starts  ;D

Addendum:

So far I have an application from everyone that's expressed interest except for Tydorei and EroticFantasyAuthor
A&A

EroticFantasyAuthor

Hopefully mine will be submitted shortly. Sorry for the delay.

Thank you! As for GP spent:

Light Crossbow, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Leather Armor, 10 Bolts, and Alchemist Kit(Gear Bundle Package from Ultimate Equipment)

EroticFantasyAuthor

Dalkaer Lenerf (Sheet still WIP)

He grew up in the farming community of Nybor. The son of two adventurer's, his father an Alchemist while his mother is a Druid. One of his first memories occurred when he was very young, a good number of goblins had decided it was a great idea to attack the town. This memory is the source of his intense fascination and love of fire. He vividly recalls how his father used bombs to devastating effect, neutralizing entire groups of the wide-mouthed attackers. While his mother skillfully directed a flaming sphere to ensure that very few goblins were actually able to enter the town.

That one night showed him how fire could be used for good, used to protect and defend. That single memory gave a young gnome his lifelong passion and obsession. His childhood was mostly spent at his father's side, learning Alchemy. However he also aided his mother in caring for injured townsfolk, she also spent plenty of time teaching him about the natural world and nurturing his love of nature. His mother's animal companion was his constant guardian and best friend.

The rest of the time was of course spent experimenting, playing with fire in what he thought was a responsible manner(responsible for a young gnome). While he loved fire, he was always careful to make sure that no one got hurt. Inventing creative methods to test different theories in a way that would not endanger anyone(objects were another story).

When his alchemy training was done, he was quite eager to leave the town of Nybor and start on his grand adventurers(oh the stories his parents had told him). Sandpoint was a natural choice for his first destination. Not only was there the new cathedral to visit, but most importantly, the town's alchemist. While his own father knew a great deal, there was still always something new to learn. So with fond farewells, he left on his journey of perfecting fire into a precise tool that would help make the world a better place.

Erich Norden

Hm, thought of two questions that are somewhat related:  How often do you expect people to post, and how many characters are being accepted?  I noticed you said you liked large groups, but I've been in a Skype group with 6 or 7 members before and it was not the best experience; my character felt like just a face in the crowd.  I'm also concerned the game will go at a snail's pace if there's a lot of people, unless everyone is posting at least daily.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I hope for a fast pace game as well, with everyone posting regularly.

RockSalt

This game is gonna be on the forums right *probably should've asked* Because I can't really commit to a constant meeting time if we're talking about skype... >3>

EroticFantasyAuthor

That was my assumption, the same is true for me.

Re Z L

I would like to keep the action moving during certain parts of the adventure; however there will probably be some slower paced parts from time to time.  During combat I'll probably be a little more strict about people posting quickly, most combat actions should be relatively quick and concise as a post, so I don't suspect there to be too many issues with that.

Larger groups does mean that sometimes people get overshadowed by the other players, to hopefully alleviate this I'd like to put in some side-quests from time to time that may focus specifically one one character (or two) before getting back into the main story again.  Similarly, having a larger group does give you all more freedom to split up and take on individual or small-group tasks more often.

The game is going to be play-by-post.  If there comes a time where we want to try a live game then we might use E's built in IRC chat, but I don't really foresee this happening.
A&A

AndyZ

I work full time but should be able to post every day.

Re Z L

It's beginning to look like I've gotten all of the applications I'm going to get, so unless things change before tomorrow I'm going to tentatively say that each of the applicants is approved.  I was planning for somewhere between 6-8, and since I ended up with 8 applicants total I suppose I'll just stick with that  ;D

Just a couple quick things...

First of all where to put the thread:  I'm thinking the NC: Exotic category or the NC: Humans.  The first thing to note is that no player is going to be put into a sexual situation where they are uncomfortable or simply don't want to be involved regardless of where the thread is located.  Putting it into an NC forum leaves that option open, though any NC would likely be done TO the characters, rather than by.  Exotic is due to the plethora of strange creatures in the Pathfinder universe, or we can keep things strictly humanoid (humans, elves, gnomes, halflings, etc.).  So, just some ideas, let me know what you all think.

A quick rundown of the characters we have:

Callie Del Noire:  That should give you some idea of what we have, I think either of your suggested characters would work, I'm more partial to the Wizard, but the choice is entirely up to you  ;D

Next, as I mentioned before the game features the seven sins/virtues rather prominently.  As you play I'll be awarding points to these depending on your character's choices.  Trying to get more money out of a reward than was previously offered may gain you a point of Greed; whereas donating some of your gold to charities along the way may gain you a point of Generosity.  The sins/virtues break down as listed:

SIN - VIRTUE
Envy - Charity
Gluttony - Temperance
Greed - Generosity
Lust - Love
Pride - Humility
Sloth - Zeal
Wrath - Kindness

Each point gained in any of those categories will either increase your total in one of them, or reduce the opposing value.  For example, if you have Envy 3 and you gain 1 Charity point you don't go to Envy 3/Charity 1, instead you go to Envy 2/Charity 0.

As part of finishing up your characters, I'd like you to pick one sin and one virtue from different categories (So Envy/Humility is fine, but Wrath/Kindness is not).  You'll begin the game with 1 point in each (So Envy 1 and Humility 1 in the example I gave previously), to represent your character's history as you see fit.  For the Paladin: these don't necessarily reflect violations to your oath, they may just be mistakes you regret, or bad habits, or character flaws (Wrath being a good example of a common vice for some paladins).

I think that just about covers it...  I'll likely have the first post up on Thursday or Friday.  I'd like it if you all could have your character sheets finalized by Friday (the initial part of the adventure involves little need for a full sheet, but having your Ability Scores and Skills finished by then will be very helpful).

Let me know if you have any questions  ;D
A&A

Callie Del Noire

I confess I like the idea of the wizard more. :D

Re Z L

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 07:11:12 PM
I confess I like the idea of the wizard more. :D

Also!  In case you missed it, a Teifling is fine  ;D
A&A

AndyZ

Where can I read up on these virtues?

My Paladin's still undergoing minor changes atm, like fighting style...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 07:17:35 PM
Also!  In case you missed it, a Teifling is fine  ;D

Already play one Teifling Wizard.. I have her up on my blog. She's a 10th Admixture Wizard.. mean.

EroticFantasyAuthor

My character sheet should be good to go. Will think on virtues and sins.

Ebb

Thanks RZL ("Re"? "Re Z L"?). This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Would you like us to track our Virtue/Vice points on our character sheets, maybe in the Notes section? Or would you rather keep it in a thread somewhere?

[Greed/Humility]

AndyZ

After realizing that the buckler wouldn't do over much, I just shrugged and went for greatsword.  Better to think of this now than when I start getting spells, though.

Most likely I'll do Kindness/Pride but I'm not 100% there.

Callie Del Noire

To qoute my favorite Spaceship captain. "I'm a fan of them all..."

RockSalt

Hooray! Awesome to get the game started soon! It's awesome that were using sins/virtue points, I was actually thinking that that would be a cool type of thing to do you read my mind!

I'm going to say that Solsiss is starting with Envy 1/Temperance 1, he envies those with more than him and thinks the system in inherently unfair, but he doesn't do things frivolously and has good self control. =w=

I've started his charactersheet and abilities, traits, and skills are done, but I haven't done any items yet. I'm also still open on suggestions for skills if you think someone has something better covered than me :3

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on April 30, 2013, 07:19:29 PM
Where can I read up on these virtues?

My Paladin's still undergoing minor changes atm, like fighting style...

Mostly they don't have much effect on things until much much later on

Quote from: Ebb on April 30, 2013, 07:26:03 PM
Thanks RZL ("Re"? "Re Z L"?). This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Would you like us to track our Virtue/Vice points on our character sheets, maybe in the Notes section? Or would you rather keep it in a thread somewhere?

[Greed/Humility]

I'll be tracking them on my own so you all won't really need to worry about it.  I'll let you know about gains as they occur  ;D
A&A

AndyZ

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 08:01:18 PM

Then right now, you're going to have to go with Wrath.

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

I'll be tracking them on my own so you all won't really need to worry about it.  I'll let you know about gains as they occur  ;D

Fair enough.

Ebb

Quote from: Re Z L on April 30, 2013, 08:18:01 PM

Fair enough. I think it's a neat roleplaying touch. It'll be fun if we end up with a spread of virtues and vices throughout the party.

AndyZ, Wikipedia has pretty good articles on the Seven Virtues and Seven Vices if you're just looking for flavor. Not precisely the breakdown that's used here, but there are lots of variations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

AndyZ

I'm guessing that Kindness would fit in with Mercy.  Sarenrae apparently teaches that evil can be redeemed and I took the nonlethal stuff to that effect.

Pride is kinda easy to see what you're an Aasimar Paladin and just kinda better than everyone else in many ways.  Of course, someone who's Really better than everyone else doesn't think that they are because they're humble, but hey...

Muse

Envy/Love here.  (Wasn't expecting the group of virtues you sent.  ^_^;;  ) 

RockSalt

Looks like greed and envy are the most popular sins, sounds about right for a looting party of adventurers  ::)

Ebb

Quote from: RockSalt on April 30, 2013, 08:50:09 PM
Looks like greed and envy are the most popular sins, sounds about right for a looting party of adventurers  ::)

Someone else wants Greed? No, they can't have it! It's mine, all mine!

Anon315

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 08:01:18 PM

Totally agree.

As for my cleric, well he is awesome, so I'm going to have to go with Pride. And then Generosity. He just gives and gives. (Just give him a chance. ;)   )

Erich Norden

Hm, so my character is the only human of the bunch?  Interesting. :v

Arduinne's sin would definitely have to be Pride, with possibly Wrath as a close second.  I had a tough time coming up with virtues -- she's not evil, but she's far from nice -- but ultimately I think Zeal would be the best fit.  She's persistent in anything she sets to, and hates being idle for long periods.

Erich Norden

Also, Callie, it struck me that your wizard has some similarities to my character in terms of party role -- if you go with Lissa, it's pretty likely Arduinne will see her as a rival. :)

Callie Del Noire

Anon315

Well ladies, if you need something to fight over... the cleric is pretty great.

Erich Norden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on April 30, 2013, 09:37:29 PM
Aw.. why?

It's just her nature.  She's proud and ambitious, so she could get annoyed if she gets the feeling someone's showing her up, and her time in a magical college has left her distrustful of wizards.  (Don't take it the wrong way or get discouraged, though!  She/I wouldn't instigate anything, and it's entirely possible they could be friends depending on how it plays out.)

Quote from: Anon315 on April 30, 2013, 09:45:11 PM
Well ladies, if you need something to fight over... the cleric is pretty great.

I don't think he would be Arduinne's type. ;)

EroticFantasyAuthor

So far I'm thinking definitely Zeal for virtue, as for sin, likely wraith.

EvilBeast

I was hoping to get an app in, but I missed the deadline.

If you need another player (if someone drops out), I'd love to join. I have a halfling druid just about ready to go.

Thanks!

Re Z L

Quote from: EvilBeast on May 02, 2013, 03:43:00 PM
I was hoping to get an app in, but I missed the deadline.

If you need another player (if someone drops out), I'd love to join. I have a halfling druid just about ready to go.

Thanks!

Sorry you missed it, and I'll keep your offer in mind!  ;D

for everyone else:  the OOC thread is up!
A&A

Ebb

(Posting here because I don't want to spoil the OOC thread until everyone has a character up.)

Re Z L, would you prefer that we all start as strangers to each other?

If not, would anyone care to have walked with Dunn Barkov from Roderic's Cove? It's to the north, on the other side of the Fogscar mountains. I'm thinking it's safer to have traveled in groups, though on this particular trip no goblins were sighted. I reckon it about a two week journey on stubby dwarf legs.

Re Z L

Quote from: Ebb on May 02, 2013, 07:33:45 PM
(Posting here because I don't want to spoil the OOC thread until everyone has a character up.)

Re Z L, would you prefer that we all start as strangers to each other?

If not, would anyone care to have walked with Dunn Barkov from Roderic's Cove? It's to the north, on the other side of the Fogscar mountains. I'm thinking it's safer to have traveled in groups, though on this particular trip no goblins were sighted. I reckon it about a two week journey on stubby dwarf legs.

I have no preference  ;D

If any of you would like to tie in your arrivals that's perfectly fine.
A&A

AndyZ

If someone wants to already know Aria, let me know.

Re Z L, did you come up with the virtues or are they from something else?  I kinda figure that Kindness fits into Sarenrae's teachings to try to convert instead of simply destroy, and I wanted to check if you were okay with her sword glowing slightly when she used Blade of Mercy.

Erich Norden

I'm open to the possibility of my character being acquainted with another, but I've got no specific ideas.  Arduinne has been in Sandpoint for just a few days looking for work, and before that she lived in Magnimar for a couple of months.  She's a bit of a loner, but it's possible she may have met someone there and formed a business relationship of sorts.

Re Z L

Quote from: AndyZ on May 02, 2013, 09:28:51 PM
If someone wants to already know Aria, let me know.

Re Z L, did you come up with the virtues or are they from something else?  I kinda figure that Kindness fits into Sarenrae's teachings to try to convert instead of simply destroy, and I wanted to check if you were okay with her sword glowing slightly when she used Blade of Mercy.

Kindness should equate with mercy, which certainly fits with Sarenrae  ;D

The list is specifically from the adventure path, and the glowing sword is fine--something less than a torch's illumination, but we'll cross that bridge whenever it comes up  :D
A&A

AndyZ

I'll be shocked if it even gives candle illumination and it probably wouldn't last longer than it'd take to strike, but since I have 1/day daylight and darkvision besides, I'm not worrying too much about keeping that balanced.  It's just a cool effect that's more "I'm awesome and my magic blunts the edge of my sword" than "I know how to hit people with the flat really well.  Go me."

RockSalt

Posted up my character sheet! I have a quick sketch of Solsiss up right now, I'll have time for a more detailed and painted picture up after I'm done with finals =w=; Character sheet is still under construction. I need to by things...