Cat Litter

Started by Serephino, December 10, 2011, 03:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: DarklingAlice on December 15, 2011, 12:11:47 AM
It's a tangential note but...are y'all sure that sawdust is bad for animals? I mean, we house research animals on sawdust and our IACUC is extremely (read: insanely) cautious about health and quality of life. Can y'all source that claim?

EDIT: Or perhaps this is something cat specific?

EDIT 2: Nevermind...figured it out.
Wood shavings for animals like rats and mice have been washed so that they are clean of dusts and are safer for the animals.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

olive

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on December 14, 2011, 10:42:37 PM
Not sure if you need another idea, but I came across this.

It seemed like a good, really cheap idea, and so I thought I would share.

That is a really interesting article. My cats will use shredded news paper in a pinch but I might have to try this in the summer time when I can put the mixture outside to dry.

Senti

wll not that we have cats but I use good cat litter for the rats as was advised too and I must say they smell a whole lot less than a hamster with saw dust.

Heartland

I have one cat who is super picky about his litter box. He only likes a certain brand of litter and buying a different brand and or type is like playing russian roulette lol. I learned the hard way of which specific one he liked because his favorite place to go if he was displeased was on my bed, at night, right on top of my foot lol....
♥Heartland-xoxox♥

Serephino

My cats don't like anything with a strong odor.  When I got the first one I couldn't get her to use the box no matter what I did, and I couldn't figure it out.  We got this strong scented natural pine litter.  It smelled good to me, but we tried another brand, and magically she started using the box