Mythical Forest inspiration

Started by Acanthus, August 10, 2011, 12:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acanthus

I had an idea for a playful and charismatic character, named Ryan, who is not from the same time or reality as the modern world. He is youthful and perverse and possesses magical prowess of immense degrees. After toying around with certain threads of his home reality, a feat that a few have done before, the lack of experience was unusually harsh on the poor lad: he completely threw himself from the plane of existence and into what is seen as the modern world, on Earth.

Upon his arrival many new, mysterious events take place such as a complete electrical blackout across the nation of America. Although this was indeed a chaotic event it was nothing compared to the new oddity that came about—a forest that surrounded the edges of the country. Much like the strangeness of its existence, it acted in the same manner: it granted many of the populace mystical powers, but only one power for each individual.

Meanwhile, as America falls into confusion and, in some areas, chaos, Ryan wanders about the lands in the attempt to recollect how, exactly, he ended up there. Unlike his home existence, the threads of the reality are much different and he is far from being capable of weaving them into the proper locations. Instead, he takes his time to relearn the many powers he once possessed in his homelands and decides to start a new life on Earth to find many of his old pleasures here, should they resemble his perverse nature. Ryan is youthful in appearance, although his particular race has thrived much longer than the human race, and his nature is kind and assertive despite the sexual tendencies that over-pulse in his heart. He does not seem to appear any different, physically at least, to the human race and with that he is ‘sure’ he will be warmly accepted and will have a very good time until he figures out how to leave.

What waits in his adventures are uncertain—love, hate, friendship or all three… he isn’t sure, but is excited to begin.

Details of Ryan are simple, especially in the sexual area: he is assertive, aggressive as to gain what he wants, but he favors the submissive role despite the way he will obtain his pleasures. He is kindhearted but is a major pervert. I can send details on him through personal messages.

As for minor plots, I have a few ideas:

I would like Ryan to meet one, two, or three people that play a larger-than-average part in his life. I assume that posting order with multiple people is a fickle if not feeble hope, but I’m not sure. Now, more than three are welcome to this idea of mine so it doesn’t matter if we start off with just two or three others, not including me.

The people that play a larger part in his life will connect him, directly or indirectly, with others, possibly, and he will continue to develop that direction. However, it is not a one-sided arrangement: Ryan, unlike the others that have gained these new powers and such, is the owner of multiple powers and with knowledge on how to control and understand the powers obtained by others—which will lead to enlightening others on his journey. However, his largest lesson to others is to have an open, carefree life. A large importance is the fun, the romance, the pleasure of freedom.

Eventually I would like for him and a few others, which have been made exceptional cases, to be noted and to be questioned by association. Perhaps one of the three people does not really trust him, which would be epic if they eventually fell in love with him. 

I’m not sure on other plots, really, but I really like this concept. Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated and well sought after.
Questions... thousands of them. Are you game?

O/O's Ideas~