News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

I say no more champs and push out more maps.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 09, 2013, 04:32:20 PM
Lucian: Miss Fortune 2.0

No, seriously. Aside from the aesthetic similarity of dual pistols: targeted Q that pierces, mobility-altering AE (speeds him instead of slowing targets, but similar uses), channeled bullet time-esque ult that he can actually move while using, and he gets an escape which MF sorely needs.

It's like they looked at MF and said, "If we wanted to make this champion now, what would we do differently?"

His Q is more like Caitlyn's Q.  His W is just an ability that works like Lux's passive kind of, and his E is like Graves' with the addition of slow removal instead of attack speed, and his ult seems like a crossbreed of Corki's gatling gun and Miss Fortune's ult.  The only difference is it's a straight line that doesn't pierce through champions.  It just hits the first one.

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on July 09, 2013, 05:25:03 PM
his ult seems like a crossbreed of Corki's gatling gun and Miss Fortune's ult.  The only difference is it's a straight line that doesn't pierce through champions.  It just hits the first one.

So much less teamfight and more fight-or-flight cover. That's nifty. I wonder if minions block it. Probably not.

I'll have to try him out on his free week. His passive is like Riven's mechanic for ranged in that it encourages alternating attacks and abilities, and I kinda like that sort of thing.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on July 09, 2013, 04:55:09 PM
I say no more champs and push out more maps.
Technically, they can't.  It would change the playing field.  And as a 'competitive Sport', you can't change the playing field at all.  It's like Football (both kinds) and Baseball, the fields for each have a specific size and distance from their respective goals.

I too would like more maps (preferably ARAMs) but...  I also see why they won't/can't.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on July 09, 2013, 05:52:37 PM
So much less teamfight and more fight-or-flight cover. That's nifty. I wonder if minions block it. Probably not.

I'll have to try him out on his free week. His passive is like Riven's mechanic for ranged in that it encourages alternating attacks and abilities, and I kinda like that sort of thing.

I don't think it is blocked by minions or affects them.  They way it's described, a good tank could probably soak it up if he stays in the line of it during its duration to save his team.  I'm wondering if it is interrupt-able since it is channeled like MF or Kat, but as he can still move while doing it, I'm going to bet not.  It seems like stunning him during it would only just make him stop while his ult continues firing in whatever direction he continues to face.

Shjade

Stunning him will probably interrupt it. I can't think of any channeled ability that doesn't get interrupted by stun/silence while it's channeling. Crowstorm can't be interrupted AFTER the channel finishes, but it can during.

I am amused by the idea of Lucian using his ult mainly as a Singed-type trail of bullets for disengaging from a fight.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 09, 2013, 06:19:11 PM
Technically, they can't.  It would change the playing field.  And as a 'competitive Sport', you can't change the playing field at all.  It's like Football (both kinds) and Baseball, the fields for each have a specific size and distance from their respective goals.

I too would like more maps (preferably ARAMs) but...  I also see why they won't/can't.

Technically they can, they just will not make more maps.

Shjade

Quote from: Chris Brady on July 09, 2013, 06:19:11 PM

They add/change maps all the time in Starcraft. >.>
◕/◕'s

ofDelusions

Morello has said again and again that he atleast is against more maps because they make balancing harder while futher fracturing the player base and he'd rather focus on improving the game play on what they have.

Ryven

Sounds to me like they should have done the maps first.  It's easier to balance each new champion to each map than each map to the 100+ champions they have out now.

apygoos

my god Iron Stylus goes on posting sprees

ofDelusions

Quote from: Ryven on July 11, 2013, 08:55:39 AM
Sounds to me like they should have done the maps first.  It's easier to balance each new champion to each map than each map to the 100+ champions they have out now.

Well IIRC, before they didn't use to have technology for champions to have different numbers for different maps, so balancing multiple maps would have been impossible anyway.

Besides they can't sell maps, so why use so much more time on them? Especially when it can be argued that few deep maps is much better than many shallow ones.

Shjade

I'm not sure I'd describe Summoner's Rift as "deep" when there's Dota 2's version of the same map to compare it to, but...
◕/◕'s

Aiden

Yea, but no one is going to play Dota 2, Lol

apygoos

Worlds are going to be taking place at the Staples center in LA
Apparently our buddies from the newly opened Ocenia [AU and NZ] server get a spot.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2013/07/11/league-of-legends-at-staples-center/2504935/

ofDelusions

Quote from: Shjade on July 11, 2013, 10:54:13 AM
I'm not sure I'd describe Summoner's Rift as "deep" when there's Dota 2's version of the same map to compare it to, but...

Haven't played Dota 2 I can't comment, but what makes it somehow deeper than SR?

Shjade

Scale, for one: it's about twice the size, roughly speaking. MUCH more space between turrets and in the jungle for maneuvering, prolonged fights, ambushes, etc.

Trees are destructible and there are many more paths between them, making for more chase/escape opportunities and enabling a lot of juking through the fog of war. And, as I think it bears repeating, trees are destructible. Someone jumps over a "wall" of trees? Tear them down!

Roshan, the rough equivalent of Baron, exists from the moment the game starts, enabling a number of low-level Rosh-rush strategies that simply aren't possible on SR because the thing doesn't even spawn until 15 minutes in (not that the mechanics of LoL would enable killing Baron at level 1 anyway).

Shops in the jungle and lanes mean less running back to base to resupply, as do the couriers, encouraging more diverse strategies since failure doesn't automatically mean you have to recall and run back out to lane, as opposed to "out-sustain, win lane" being the king of laning 99% of the time.

More jungle spawns and spawn-stacking mechanics make it viable to have multiple heroes farm the jungle and, as a result, multiple heroes share a lane by having the support heroes go back and forth from the lane to the nearby camps and back, thus aggressive or defensive tri-lanes, dual-lane mid, dual off lane with dedicated jungler, etc. Point being there are more varied and viable options than "always 1/1/2/jungle." Which of these types of setups works best for your team depends on the heroes you pick, but the map is what allows for them to happen at all. Tri-lane in LoL? Maybe you'd get an early turret with hard pressure, but someone's going to end up starved by mid-game, maybe more than one, and then you get punished and rolled.

I don't play DotA 2, but I watch a lot of tournament games of it. The variety of strategies and tactics employed absolutely dwarfs those I see in LoL tournaments.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2#tabs=1
wtf teamcomp is this from TSM? id like to see them win, i enjoy the meta being broken.

SinXAzgard21

I like how they are selling new summoner icons but not SGU.

apygoos

according to Daiyma as of last night "our patience will be rewarded in an unexpected way" not sure how much more than a 33% discount could get better.

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on July 11, 2013, 03:34:57 PM
http://na.lolesports.com/season3/split2#tabs=1
wtf teamcomp is this from TSM? id like to see them win, i enjoy the meta being broken.

*watches the game*

... Honestly? TSM got so completely outplayed that it's hard to even gauge how much was their comp's fault. If they'd been playing "standard" and screwed up that first gank on top lane that badly the game probably would've turned out much the same way regardless.

Related: holy hell Vulcun improved from their first season.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on July 11, 2013, 03:52:52 PM
according to Daiyma as of last night "our patience will be rewarded in an unexpected way" not sure how much more than a 33% discount could get better.

Maybe they'll make it 50%.....  I laughed writing that.

apygoos

Shjade

Reads "Spirit Guard Udyr Login Screen and Music - You Get To Select Your Login Screen"

Is disappointed to find this only means picking one of four Udyr login screens, not that Riot has decided to build in customizable login screens completely.

Sadface.
◕/◕'s