Dragon Age: Aftermath

Started by Primarch, August 11, 2012, 11:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreida Wesker

Primarch was suppose to handle this, but why break my streak so far.  I am sorry for the wait, I've been attempting to come up with my dwarven dame for some time and had a huge mental blockage from sheer excitement.

Alright, Bigmyth

1. I applaude your choice in a Orlesian Warden, a Battlemage no less.  Very neato.

2. Equipment.  Primarch wants it to be clear that you can not have equiptment based on looks, although you can add things to your character to modify  the appearance.  I don't honestly get it as confusing as that sounds, but you must choose DAO equipment and later, while RPing, you'll be able to upgrade and find better equipment like the Storm Chaser armor set and so on. This being a AU, we might even be able to make stuff, but him being a Grey Warden, I wouldn't see why he would be wearing an outfit suitable for mages of Anderfel, where Wiesshaupt sits..
3. You can still pick another accessory item and any personal affects he might carry.
4. Ons and Off? -pokes-

Now to FAQ based on my first PM about why we have to start with basic equiptment and not changing it on a costmetic level. It's because if we fail to run this game Freeform, with some GM interventions to determine outcome of battles and effects, then I have already created the Dragon Agatha system [ still in Delta Testing] for our DA Group. It's more complex then my Molly System, but with this sandbox i'll be able to figure out how to better fit certain situations, most combat and looting. ^-^ I love Looting..
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Katra Alexion

*offers up a free bag of loot*

TheRedFear

Only reason I havn't posted yet is Warden's Keep doesn't seem an appropriate place for a my boy to start. Also I beleive he's supposed to start out with a certain dwarven lass.

Katra Alexion

I will post soon, haven't been feeling well for the last few days

DigitLninja

Name: Laron Amell

Race: Human

Class: Arcane Warrior, Battlemage, Blood Mage.

Origin Path: Mage

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment: Wade's Superior Dragonbone Plate Armor, Spellweaver, Talon of the Skies.

Skills: 
Arcane Bolt > Arcane Shield > Arcane Mastery
Combat Magic > Aura of Might > Shimmering Shield > Fade Shroud
Draining Aura > Stoic
Blood Magic > Blood Sacrifice
Winter's Grasp > Frost Weapons > Cone of Cold > Blizzard
Heal > Regeneration > Mass Rejuvenation
Horror > Walking Nightmare

History:
The Amell family was one of the most powerful of Kirkwall with two sons and a daughter on the way the family was next in line for the title of Viscount. It was a Glorious time for the family until the first born began to show signs of magic. They knew that sending the boy to the Gallows would be the death of him and the family would be devastated but they would not be able to train the boy privately in Kirkwall, so the father made arrangements for a ship and a convoy to take the boy to the Circle Tower in Ferelden, also making the arrangements to remove the name Laron Amell from the family line entirely making sure that no one spoke of it again.

On the journey to Ferelden Laron found comfort with a special passenger on the ship a man by the name of Duncan who was apparently attempting to escape some pursuers and offered a large amount of money to let him board the ship, Laron felt safest with the man and found himself learning some defensive moves and fighting skills that, according to his new friend could save his life one day. That day came sooner than he thought as they landed on the southern lands of Ferelden and promptly became lost in the Brecilian Forest. The team found themselves wandering the same path over and over then suddenly they where standing at the entrance to a large ancient temple. They decided to make camp for the night and try again in the morning.

They awoke to the screams of one of the group being dragged off by a living skeleton and the rest of them fought well but where forced to fall back into the temple, Duncan was to protect Laron as they fell back but the two of them found themselves separated from the others and as Duncan raised his blades to fight, Laron found himself slipping on a branch from the large tree growing in the stone, and sliding down with said branch deep into the belly of the temple. Laron took hold of the branch at his feet and pulled himself up looking around in fear of being attacked as he knew only a few defensive moves.

The spirits seemed preoccupied with the battle upstairs so Laron began to wander and found himself in a small room with a bookshelf full of old books and a strange pedestal what seemed to contain some power. After searching around Laron discovered a strange crystal and the moment he lifted it he felt a presence. The two of them began to discuss things, before long Laron was trained in the ways of the Arcane Warrior, he was told what to expect with his harrowing, what to study to keep himself strong enough to wield weapons and armor, then as an act of mercy for the spirit locked within he placed the gem on the pedestal and let the spirit die.

Laron now had the knowledge and experience of a powerful Mage, with a little practice he would be ready for battle in no time as long as he survived this, that's when he turned around to find himself face to face with a white wolf that had a powerful spirit energy about it, it was strange though seemed that there was a line leading away from her and disappearing through the wall. The wolf suddenly turned and motioned for him to follow, and before long they emerged back in the entrance hall where Duncan and the others where recuperating, the wolf left before anyone else saw him and Laron thanked the creature before moving into view of the others.

The path out of the forest seemed almost laughably easy, they found the path into Lothering within an hour and before long it was time to part ways, Duncan tossed Laron a powerful knife and sword he had found in the temple and told the boy he was an honorary Grey Warden, should they ever need him the Wardens would call upon him. Laron thanked Duncan and made a promise that he would become a Mage worthy of the order.

Years passed and before long Laron was the embodiment of the Arcane Warrior, he had spent years training and studding everything he would need to be the best warrior, keeping both the blades as his weapons and the stick he had tripped on as his staff for ranged battling. Laron had approached the Headmaster early on to inform him about his abilities, and requested help in learning Blood Magic that he could not become stronger without the use of blood but with limited training and constant observation by the headmaster himself he could learn just enough to provide the strength needed to be the top Mage within the order. The Headmaster agreed to Laron's terms but only after he finished the Harrowing, Laron's was one of the fastest Harrowing's in the history of the Circle.

Under strict rules and regulations as set by the Headmaster Laron learned just enough Blood Magic to maintain his Arcane Warrior abilities, his honor and concern for the people around him kept him from straying too far into the Black Arts. Coupling these trait's with those of the Battlemage secured his position as one of the top Mages in the Circle Tower, but it wasn't long before he left as the call for Gray Wardens was sent out across Ferelden and Laron had a promise to keep.

Ons: Exhibitionism, Small Breasts, Vaginal, Toys, ect.
Offs: Gore, Blood Play, Feces.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Primarch

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on August 22, 2012, 03:48:28 AM
2. Equipment.  Primarch wants it to be clear that you can not have equiptment based on looks, although you can add things to your character to modify  the appearance.  I don't honestly get it as confusing as that

Let me make my point in a more clear manner on unique equipment. Thus far people claiming unique equipment have included obtaining it in the same manner its obtained in the Dragon Age: Origins, which makes the game thus far very lore friendly. I don't want to include DA2 character unique equipment because its invariably going to place these unique pieces of gear into the world to suit the player apping them, which quite frankly I don't want to start a trend of because I rather like how lore friendly the game is thus far and as most players have kept the game lore friendly I think its a small thing to ask that the rest of the players coming in respect that.

Hey DigitL, Broken Circle is already claimed, as is The Rose's Thorn....and you can pick 20 skills, not 25. Lastly "Origin Path" is a referenced to which of the games starting stories you want to use (if any) not which plot points your claiming.

DigitLninja

I think I fixed everything.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Primarch

There's a page here with the actual Amell family history. That being said if your taking the Human Mage Origin path would the character not have been found by Duncan and taken to Ostagar and everything? You don't have to use an origin path, we just provide the option for people that wish to play Grey Wardens involved in the blight & civil war. I will point out I don't like his overplayed activities in the Tower, seemingly killing multiple abominations and then saving the Knight-Commander all by his lonesome self & he assumed a leadership position over both Mages & Templar? That seems extremely unlikely.

DigitLninja

damn it... I didn't remember that Hawk was an Amell... I don't want that Linage...

He didn't assume leadership over the Templar just the Mages, he tended to Templar wounds though, taking up a leadership position. I just didn't get my point across right...
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

Name: Roque Brosca
Race: Dwarf
Class: Warrior, Berserk Spirit Warrior
Origin Path: Casteless

Appearance:
With Armor...

Without Armor...

Armor: Evon the Great’s Mail, dwarven Boots, Barbed fist, Dwarven Helmet
Accessory:
Weapon Dragon Brand | Jarvia's Shank and Dwarven Axe
Skills:
Berserk -> Resilience -> Constraint -> Final Blow
Beyond the Veil -> Soul Brand -> Fade Burst -> Blessings of the Fade
Sweeping Strike ->Two-Handed Impact -> Onslaught -> Reaving Storm
Second Wind -> Peon’s Plight -> Grievous Insult -> Massacre
Dual Weapon Mastery

History:
Has no clue whom her Pa was, only that he left Kalah for the surface shortly after Roque was born. Mam always blamed her for the blotched hope of marriage and, despite Rica and Roque not sharing the same father, her big sister sheltered her from her mother’s drunken rage for ten years and spared her the weight, and debt, of becoming a Noble Hunter.  The only good that came out of it all was Rica’s higher education, passing it along to Roque so the girls could practice together in their speech, playing string instruments, and, the most annoying of all, posture. They were not lessons she cared for, but for the sake that her sister was successful in nabbing a noble Lord, she would be damned to embarrass her in being a common duster. The highlight of her casteless life was earning her first sovereign; all she had to do was give up an eyetooth and the front molar beside it..

Unfortunately, Rica couldn’t spare her from finding a friend like Leske. The boy was five years older than her and already in the Carta, it coaxed young Roque to join with the notion to save Rica from their debt to Berhert. One day, that monster was going to slip and Roque was going to be there to plunge that knife under his landing. For years she waited, old enough now to stand on her own against the drunken mother and brawl most of the men whom her sister was pimped out to, but one day was different from all the others. The nobles had a Proving in celebration of the Aeducan’s second child, leaving most of the Common Quarter barren and sectioned off for only those of caste and merchants to observe.. Not to mention a real life Grey Warden.

While all was busy, she chased down someone holding out on payment at Tapsters and received a few lumps of raw lyrium she decided to hold onto. Berhert wasn’t happy about that whole arrangement when she told him the man ran off with it, so to make up the profit loss, he had the duo go to put a sedative in the water supply of one of the Proving Fighters. Another job that was horribly blotched, so Roque had no choice, but to fight in the Proving herself and in the end, she won… Then, imprisoned for impersonating a noble with intent to fix a proving, not to mention soiling the sacred Grounds with her pitiful casteless presence… And now Berhart was coming to kill her so she couldn’t tell anyone it was him behind the set up…  No damn way. Leske picked the lock and they escaped, having to kill Berhert in the process while he attempted to pimp out Ricato some proving fighters as trophy ass.  After killing them all, she and Leske tried to make a break for it. IN opening the doors the knights just outside the door to stop her and Leske, along with the Grey Warden Duncan; to keep the fighter from facing exile to the Deep Roads or even death he invoked the Rite of Conscription. After last words with her family, she had no choice, but to leave all she knew and, with exception of parting from Rica, she was glad to leave.

Surface Life and Wardens
She hated sunshine, it took weeks for her to grow accustomed to the light and she felt like she was going to fall up into that watery sky and drown within the clouds. Sometimes she would awaken from sleep from strange visions, just a blink of one that would startle her awake when she normally slept like the stone. She had a bad feeling about all of this with the foolish king having delusions of grandeur as the leader, how the mages and chantry sisters kept snipping at one another, there wasn’t a sense of community unless she was hanging around Duncan or the Kennels. The poor sick hounds were creatures that caught her eye, suffering for their protective nature for these humans. It wasn’t right. When the joining came around, they spent a few days exploring the wilds for vials of dark spawn blood and some old treaties. More important to her were the white flowers with red centers and in bringing them back, she now had a lifelong friend that would follow her until the end. Her first connection to the surface world that made it all worthwhile was a mabari she dubbed, Toki.

She couldn’t remember the names of the men that were with her in the joining, all she knew was that she survived and got her first sight of the archdemon. From there, the plan to fight the horde was rapidly approaching and for her, it was a blur. All she remembered were flashes of blood, the clink of armor, and the dark spawn were everywhere… Yet when she awoke, she was in a hobbled old house with an old lady tending to a fast closing wound in her shoulder. Magic. Real magic. She wasn’t about to take Morrigan with her, she had litte trust of humans as it was, now they added magic into the equation. From here, she banded in with a group of wardens left in Fereldan, and headed North to Loithering. Exploring the makeshift villa, the dwarven girl met a huge man in a cage. A kossith, she never seen one up close and one without horns to boot… She gained permission from the chantry mother to have him released to her care rather than die. Sten pledged to follow her until her mission was complete and first track of this noble quest was heading to Orzammar with a treaty to gain alliances.

Paragon of Her Kind
It took five days and they walked into chaos. Funny how having no king ruins everyone’s day, but first was first. Looking up her sister, Rica was moved up to a Courtesan, a noble caste, thanks to baring a son to Lord Behlen, a sneaky bastard rumored to have killed his own brother and exiled the other sibling in order to be king.

Too bad Roque didn’t give a shit, she rather her sister and nephew stay safe and well fed, even with her mother bitterly sniveling about them putting on aires with their stroke of fortunes. Now, actually putting that rat bastard on the throne was no easy task, but she did have to go off after the carta while she was there. Leske had to try to get her killed; he was always a blind follower and never aspired for more. The death of Leske and vengeful Jarvia by her name went nigh unmarked, not many gave a rats ass about a couple of dusters. Sten, Toki, and Roque needed to go into the deep road to find Paragon Branka to settle a dispute and it seems this excursion attracted her husband. A foul mouth, drunken, blunt tongued, wily bastard named, Oghren Kondat. He was a warrior first, but in killing a noble’s son in a first blood match because of a catty remark about Branka, Oghren was stripped of weapon in the city limits.

Hot damn, he could make her laugh with his dirty comments. He was a lot of help in finding Branka, but the two dwarves almost wished they didn’t. Branka was mad; with obsession over finding the anvil, she sacrificed many of her blind followers to death, traps, and darkspawn. They even fought a brood mother that had once been kin. The horrors were unforgivable, yet to find the anvil was ever more impressive as it was painful. Caridin requested it be destroyed, Branka refused, Oghren wanted it to be given to her, to give her another shot at life and come back with him. Roque caved, killing the golem that was Paragon Caridin yet Branka would not let up on want to sacrifice more souls to the Anvil of the Void. Branka made the crown, but wouldn’t return. Arguing with her, Roque and Oghren was able to show her what she had done and couldn’t take the realization of that horror.. They stood and watched, helpless, as she flung herself into the lava pools…  They returned, and crowned Behlen as king, the heartless bastard sentenced Harrowmont to death so that none would challenge his ruling. Roque had no choice, but to stand with the choice she made this day, contemplating if it was truly worth saving her sister from poverty in trade for the death of an innocent, honest man.

She was quick and glad to be leaving. Given that Oghren had nothing left to keep him in Orzammar, he decided to follow Roque, to death or glory..

Sulcher's Pass: Demons and Golems
In Leaving the Frost back Mountains, a trail lead her to Sulcher’s pass which lead to a control rod and a village under darkspawn attack. After cleaning the bastards out, she found a golem statue that had been heavily modified with a more humanoid face and mystical runes. The more she aided in exploring the village, she managed to save some people stuck in a cellar and more so that there was a girl lost deep in the cavern below.  In exchange for her safe return, the man would give the word needed to awaken the golem. Easy deal. Not so much when she got down there. She was able to unlock the tablet puzzle to break the ward and save the girl, but she was flirting with danger  in cutting a deal with the spirit of Passion. A low tier demon, but Kitty would have to be dispatched or lend some power to her in order to get glimpses of this mortal world outside the hole in the ground. The beast agreed, returning to the fade, but now with one foot in the real world thanks to Roque. The demon was unable to control her spirit, the dwarven girl’s mental resistance to Kitty’s charms were impressive and although no one would have known that those few seconds felt like the week had passed already..

It was an exhausting moment, but after that… Roque felt.. Stronger, better.. And a bit more.. Curious about the world.. On the down side, every smelt more intense, light felt sharp to her eyes again, loud sounds were less annoying to her, and now once in a while, she heard voices and visions.. Not like the blight nightmares, but something… Out worldly.. What a strange feeling it all was to feel everything like new to all her senses after nary a year… Yet what was done was done, and she won the word to the Rod. Awakening the golem, it seems the rod was useless after all as the creature wouldn’t do anything she asked. Yet this golem named, Shale, would follow her due to lack of purpose and direction. It did lead them to Cadash Thiag, where they learned Shale was once a dwarf.. And a Warrior.. and a Woman, whom was second to the King and volunteered to be a Golem.

The Down time and Space Fillers of Travel
The brand of four pressed on and come in contact with Alistair and Lelianna traveling with a pair of Elven siblings she had met at Flemeths’ hut so briefly. They swapped tales by fire light as they made camp, including their run in with the wily Antivan Crow. Z-something was the elf’s name, she couldn’t really see how they let him live. Roque would have killed the bastard. As it came to passing, Roque and Lelianna had time to talk. She loved the thoughts she had about this ‘Maker’ thing and Andraste, but the religion was not for her. Even though she was never accepted by the stone, Roque found more comfort in things she could see and feel. Eventually Roque played her lute for her, while the elven and laysister sang in the nights they could camp together.. Roque love the night, the world was dark under the soft glow of the pearl like moon… Except for that one night the darkspawn tried to ambush them. That sucked balls, but they were no match for the Wardens and their companions.

In the months to come before slaying the archdemon, Roque finally had a trace of a caring extended family.. Kadan as she was called by Sten after going to great lengths to secure Asala, his soul and sword. Sister, as she was claimed by Oghren after helping him reunite with his old flame, Felsi. Master to Toki, a Marbari War hound never strayed from her side. ‘Mon petite mi amore’ to Lelianna as the two women found a quiet, intimate adoration for one another even in the desperate and bleak time of war. When they couldn't talk and visit, they would write with hope for the best outcome.

The Death of the Archdemon and Aftermath
After aiding to protect in Denerim from the bulk of the hoarde and its generals, the archdemon was slain and those leaderless drones rushed back into the underground. Only now as Alistair is crowned king, everyone was going their own way. Shale was to leave with Wynne to try and bring up more of her memories after their trip to the Cadash Thaig. Oghren was going to settle down with Felsi and join the army, but he promised to write when he could. Sten had to travel to the islands to answer the Arishok’s question and, as much as she would have loved to stop everything to travel with the Qunari, Fereldan still needed her help in the tough times to come. Now, once again, It was just her and Toki, the faithful Mabari..

And Rica? Seems her sister is now an Ambassador of Orzammar and word was that Roque was being discussed for the title of Paragon… Whoa… She soon traveled back to Orzammar to attend the hearing and help the Leigion a bit with te darkspawn, but it seemed to be taking longer then she thought. A month later, she recieved a letter from that Elf guy, seems he's a Commander of the Grey and they needed to discuss business. She said her goodbye to her Sister, big Brother Behlen, and nephew before she and Toki headed off on the road to Soldier's Peak..

Ons:Rough housing/sparring, white wines, shiny trinkets, mint oils, close dark spaces, pearls, Biting
Offs:Bodily Waste, surprises, degradation/humiliation
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Finally got her done. ^_^ Now I can focus on the game and story. ^_^ I'll be making an OOC DIscussion Thread that will have our characters sheets on the first pages of hte game as well as hyperlinks to the IC character games. I'll be making this up soon so I hope people are thinking of things they would like to do.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Wow, the day I thought I was off, I wasn't.  I just went through two days of hell andn ow tis behind in some of my games.. shit monkey taco, don't worry babies. I'm going to do this dragon Age game if it damn well kills me.

You know how hard it is to find people to play with? Very fricken hard, almost as difficult as finding a good cannon-like Varric without thinking.. Yeah.. he's not that cheesy and unsauve... How hard is it to be occasionally witty and sincere with curiousity?

Really? That hard. I have a better time finding someone to play a Kossith. -flails her arms and goes off to take a much needed nap- If any wish to bail, make sure ya do it now or forever hold your peace cause tis be a mad one.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

Being intelligent about it, there is no reason for me to be involved if I'm not filling the roll of Amell... I would protest but that wouldn't do any good, so I will remake my character with the Amell family in mind...
Quotes to Live by:

Oreida Wesker

You don't have to make a character from the Amell family even though some of the roads are taken, with limit, you can just be a Circle Mage Human. I really don't know why you wouldn't want to be a cousin in the Amell.

If you don't want to be involved because of what you think is a logical choice, then you probably shouldn't be involved. THis is suppose to be fun for DA Fans, not an obligation..
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

I just thought of it, with the exception of the the human noble and Oreida there - do the rest of the players get a mabari?

Oreida Wesker

I thought of it too, but figured  since no one else had thought of it until it was brought up, I fail to see why any charcter would need one other then to just have one.

You can't just 'get' a mabari. They're not normal or common animals like cats, dogs, and nugs. Wardens could get ahold of one through the Kennel master, whom trains and cares for them, but Mabari pick their masters. They're sentient and although they go to fight for human safety, they will not just listen to anyone. In Fereldan, the saying goes that if you are the master of a Mabari, then it is because the hound can see your greatness..

The real question is: can any of the players earn a mabari. We'll leave that to game play, shall we... But for now, your welcome to play with the ones in the Keep's kennels.
Hots and Nots

Katra Alexion

*points to Oreida* What she said!  ;D

Oreida Wesker

-grins- Okay, boom baby.

Anyway, I got the game links on the front page and the OOC board is up for talkies. I'll be transfering over the approved characters and so far, Prime doesn't got a problem with my dwarven girl.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

I fixed my back story.

Your link to the Wardens Keep takes us to the OOC by the way.
Quotes to Live by:

Latooni Subota

I TOTALLY forgot I hadn't edited my background to fix the few issues you had with Neria. @.@

Did a quick editing job just now, and I think I got everything. Maybe.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Oreida Wesker

Time for Evaluation. –Striked her old hammer down  for arbitrary  judgement.-

Alright DigitaLNinja
1. Alright, basic statisics look good. You can add an accessory, if you like.
2. Lord Aristide Amell was up for Viscount  [‘Duke’] not a Regent [Kingdom]
3. Your background makes no sense…. There wasn’t any other way I could put it, honestly, I read it four times hoping I missed something, but unfortunately, I was right the first time. You created a character of Amell, but not the human mage in the game. Perhaps you don’t know, but you just  inadvertedly attempted to change the finalized history and make something else entirely.  That’s a no-no. He was 10-13, met Duncan p an Honorable Rivaini whom wouldn’t be on the run, but I still concede that he could have been in Kirkwall or least passing by from Starkhaven] whom taught him to fight over a small period of time, then Loren got lost with him in the Brecillian forest?  And a Headmaster helped him learn Blood Magic for the Harrowing?.. What headmaster would allow that? It’s just.  I applaud that you tried to stick to the background a little, but after the first three sentences all of that is major AU and out of the question.
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

1: yay
2: Changed
3: I have no idea what you mean by the 'finalized history' for the Human Mage... Duncan was known to run away from the Wardens on more than one occasion according to the wiki, he was also a skilled thief so I figured this could be one of his escape attempts. This was a payed escort that Loren and Duncan were traveling with and since they landed in the south, past the Wilds, it's entirely possible that they took a path through the forest and ended up lost as the forest saw fit to do so. The Headmaster approving of learning Blood Magic was a stretch, but I wanted my character to be intelligent about it, to find a way to study the subject with a person who could monitor him for signs of corruption, who could give him access to the books needed to study, and who would limit his study to the two recommended spells he needed. However no Headmaster would openly accept the teaching of Blood Magic, unless he was already corrupted by said magic, so what if instead of Headmaster I put Ulrich down as the person who taught him?
Quotes to Live by:

Katra Alexion

Perhaps, another mage warden? Grey warden are known taking in all kinds, using all resources they can garner to end a blight that may include some unspoken about blood mages - Avernus was one but I think in this killing that old man was killed off.

Oreida Wesker

Ducan:
Duncan was around 16-18 years old when conscripted into the Grey Wardens on the morning he was to be executed for killing a Warden. From that age til he becomes a bit more of an adult, yes, I will give you that, he does run away like Anders, but around the Ameel boy's time, it's 14 years later and Duncan is in his thirties; he  travels with King Maric into the Deep roads to find Ultha, a fellow grey that aligned herself with the Architect.

In that time, the Amell boy come to age of being able to have magic [10-13 years old], they send him away to avoid scandal. It wouldn't be possible for Duncan to be there. By that time he's not a young man and he's more focused in serving Fereldan. He could possibly go to Kirkwall since it's just across the sea, but it's.. eh.

Forest Path:
I do like the idea of Witherfang being like a protective spirit to a young boy, espeically that being a mage. That was a pretty image. Kirkwall is north of Fereldan. Like seriously, unless the boat was heading for Amaranthine which is futher south, they could just pull into the port of Denerim. it would be the quickest way to get to the Circle.

Blood magic:
Monitor Blood Magic. Blood Magic has been around since the Old GOd gave the dark gift and the Teviniter Mages used it to step foot on the Maker's Golden City and turned it black with corruption of Man.; which caused the Blight. If there was a way to intellectually go about monitoring a Blood Mage, someone would have found out a way in all that time. It's why Templars are so vicious as to kill a mage or call for Annulment of a Tower. One blood mage, they all could be Blood Mage. Direct game information. It's so prejudice that even a Spirit Warrior is frowned upon as they are not mages, but can still 'flirt with the fade', thanks to lyrium, for power of Spirits. Not demons, but Spirits, yet to a templar, how would they expect a common folk to know the difference.

THere is no way to test except to force the mage to what could be a deadly fight, the demon would emerge to preserve the host. Jowan was able to do blood magic, but even he was in hiding of it to run away with his beloved Chantry girl. If he did blood magic in the Harrowing, I think the templars would kill him.. I need to play the mage origin. >.> That part, I don't know...
Hots and Nots

DigitLninja

1: fine I can remove Duncan from that story, it's going to a lot more boring though.

2: *sigh* Kirkwall can't be north, if Hawk and his family fled into the wilds that means they were heading south from Lothering. If Kirkwall is to the north then they had to sail around the entirety of Ferelden. In other news I'm glad something is pleasing to someone.

3: I can change this to be something he learned after the attack on the Circle Tower, once again, more boring...

Quotes to Live by: