Costumes!

Started by opheliagonemad, October 10, 2010, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opheliagonemad

So I am a big costuming geek, and for me, the most wonderful time of year is coming up:  Halloween!  It gives me an excuse to make more costumes and it also lets me hear about what other people are doing.  So, I want to know, what costumes are you going to be wearing soon?  What have been some of your favorite costumes in the past?  If not for Halloween, tell me about your cosplay, LARP, convention, or just because costumes.  What, doesn't everyone have just because costumes?

For Halloween, I am going as the Lady of Pain from Planescape, at least on the night itself.  I have several other events I need costumes for and I'm not sure what I will be doing yet. 

Kaizen

I have a lot...

My favorite halloween tradition is passing out candy... and scaring the crap outta the kiddies.  I have a modified skull mask to fit my face perfectly, and I finally found the matching gloves after three years of looking.  It's scary enough to get the job done.

One year, I made an Evel Kneivel jumpsuit from a white coverall and I used blue and red duck tape for the stripes and cape.  I had the matching motorcycle helmet too!  That year, I went to a bar and was asked to enter into the costume contest.

The first year I after I got married, I dressed up as Gilligan, red shirt, blue bellbottoms, and a white hat was all I needed... and my wife was Ginger (I tried to get her to be Mary-Ann since she favored her more - but she wanted to dress up)  We were like celebrities everywhere we went.

Last year, I was Obama - I put on my best black suit and Obama mask - then I wrapped a towel around my head turban style... it was a big hit at the parties.

The past two years I have participated in a haunted house.  Last year, I was a witch doctor.  This year, I'm a mad doctor in a morgue.  Bloody coat, latex gloves and scary mask...