In Nomine RPG OOC, Outline, and Character Sampler

Started by Various, August 22, 2017, 12:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Various

IN NOMINE DEALS WITH RELIGIOUS THEMES IN A SOMETIMES TONGUE-IN-CHECK MANNER. IT PURPOSEFULLY DEVIATES FROM THE CANON OF MOST ANY RELIGIOUS TRADITION. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Game: In Nomine RPG (SJG version)
  • Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not.
Small Group - Extreme. It will be extreme for two reasons. First, Some angels/demons tend to have a high body count/get into some weirdness. Second, the way In Nomine deals with some religious themes may cause some people to be uncomfortable.
  • Who is the RP open to? (Gender, Sexuality, etc..?) 
Playerwise, I don't care about either. In universe, humans are humans. Celestials (that is demons and angels) don't really have gender in the traditional sense. Some may identify strongly with (say) the female. They use female pronouns and inhabit biologically female bodies when they manifest, but this a personal preference. Gender for them is like hair color. It can change. Sexuality is possible for angels and demons. They are fully functioning, but they generally can't breed with humans without NASTY consequences.
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot.   
In Nomine deals with the War between Heaven and Hell. It is a secret cold war and has been for centuries. Mankind in general are unaware of it and both sides mostly want to keep it that way. Most players would have characters who are angels or demons. Each angel/demon has a boss (superior) who is devoted to a concept (Word). Each angel/demon would be a different type who have special abilities and weaknesses based on that. Most (but not all) have a role, a sort of persona they have on Earth. That's not Dibzahab, the demon; that's John Smith, the banker. It should be noted that John Smith would have (say) an office in some bank with his name on the door just as any other human.
  • Setting.   
New York City, New York.*   More rarely, side stories may take place in the Marches (basically the world of dreams), Heaven, or Hell.       
*I am not a New Yorker, so it will be broad strokes.
  • Plot Outline.       
The game will follow the everyday lives of angels and demons in New York City as they juggle mundane struggles and the calls to fight the enemies of Heaven/Hell. I see it in the vein of a TV show with the War being a backdrop to an interpersonal focus.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any.   
Players may be angels, demons, Soldiers of God/Hell (basically above-average humans who know about the War), the undead (always aligned with Hell), sorcerers (also always aligned with Hell), Outcast (angels out of favor with Heaven), or Renegades (demons out of favor with Hell). No player character may begin with a Distinction (basically a noble rank) or Word (a very close connection with the universe that one embodies).
  • Required Resources (If any) (If a system game - What books(ver.) or links to information needed such as an online guide or wiki?)     
In Nomine (SJG) is strongly encouraged. The various supplements are also encouraged. The In Nomine wiki is here. Those without access to books can give a general character concept and I can try my best to translate it into the system.
  • Game Pacing.     
People have lives. I'd say 10ish days between posts would be the outer limit of acceptability.
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?   
Some. It would not be the focus but it can crop up. Angels and demons are fully functioning and may be expected to have it as part of their role (at least). At least two types (Angels of Creation and Demons of Lust) replenish Essence (basically life force that powers abilities) with sex (specifically consensual for the former and non-necessarily consensual for the latter).
  • Whether tagging will be used or not.   
Tagging is fine but not required.

Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable) Moderate. I will write NPCs that populate the word and play Superiors if they happen to show up.
  • Will there be a Co-GM?
No.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)?
Sandboxesque. I will respond to the players as much as they respond to me. It will be MUCH less 'we're going to fight this guy now' than a traditional RPG.
  • What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details?
Moderate. If a player wants to make some pizza restaurant run by a demon of Gluttony, I'll roll with it as long as it (a) doesn't conflict with canon and (b) doesn't override what some other player did. For example, if A says it's run by a demon of Gluttony but B already established the owner to be a mundane, then A can't make him a demon.
  • How NPC's will be handled. (If any) - (By GM and/or players, and what expectations)
I'll write most NPCs. I don't care if you write an interaction with an incidental waiter or something though.
  • How active will the GM be?   
Active.
  • Will there be an OOC thread? (expectations of thread usage)
Yes. Given the oddness of the setting, I may have to give ballpark run downs of the world most characters would know (who Vapula is).
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? (use OOC thread, direct PM, etc...)
Use OOC thread.
  • How will decisions be resolved?   
Through dice. If there's some OOC issue, I'll PM.
  • Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)? 
Yes. It's the War after all. But OOC, ask first.

Additional:
  • Player Oath "Oath of the Drake" or some other reminder of player responsibilities in a group game.   
Generally a good idea for RPs. It boils down to 'be an adult', 'remember this involves other people' and 'stay in character/try to know the world'.
  • A note to Respect Other players (Offs etc..)   
Respect offs. Non-con must be agreed to OOC. Character does not equal player.
  • Player Participation Expectations. (Posts/week expected. Methods for reporting a possible absence/The method used to remove drop-outs from the game.)   
As I said about 10 days is a good ballpark for posting a reply. Later than that, give a heads up here. If you wish to leave, it would be preferred if you write yourself out in character (something as simple as your superior calling you away works most of the time). Post order makes sense for an RPG. It's more or less first come first serve. Newcomers can post whenever but need to figure out their place in line for their next post.

For example:

A posts.

B posts.

A posts.

<<C posts.>>

B posts.

A posts.

B posts.

C posts.

I will create a dummy post near the top of the RP itself for a post order.

A player's turn may be skipped if there hasn't been a response (in the actual RP or OOC) in 10 days. Obviously, this means when they're up. If A responses in 5 days and B response in 3 days, C has 10 days to respond, not 2. After being skipped twice in a row, the player is presumed to have dropped.

• Discuss how new players will be brought into the game (if the game is already running.)   
New York is a big place. The War is constant. New players can drop into the setting fairly easily (It's not like it's a 20-person colony on Titan or something).
  • What Writing style/POV. (Third person, first person, past, present, omniscient, etc...)     
Third person past, prose-style.

Mike looked down as his empty beer can.

"Shit."

. . .

I like to think of characters as more than numbers on a page. So, I am dividing the characters into two sections. First is the 'character concept', broad outlines of what the character is in mostly full sentences. After this is a very bare bones character template. If you know the system, use if. If not, I can work with what you have in concept to create that. Fill out as much of this as you feel comfortable with. Those new to the setting might not know what superior they want off the bat but might know they want to be an angel etc. That's why this is a character 'sampler'.

Character Concept.
[b]Player:[/b] Your name on E.
[b]Name:[/b] For humans this is self-explanatory. For angels/demons, this is their celestial (real) name. Depending on the individual it can be something suitably angelic/demonic "Pochereth", or something that works as a normal first name "Summer" or surname "Valentine". It's almost always a single word. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the name of their Role (human guise).

[b]Choir/Band:[/b] What type of angel/demon the character is. Non-celestials can put N/A.

[b]Superior:[/b] Who your boss is. This isn't God/Lucifer (although either would be your boss' boss). An angel might serve Michael, Archangel of War and a demon might serve Saminga, Prince of Death. It's also possible to be 'on loan', as all servitors of Eli are.

[b]Role:[/b] For celestials, include the name(s) attached to your role(s), and what it is. You might also include how they use the role to help their side. Humans are naturally part of the world and so don't have roles. This section can be replaced by Occupation for the same basic story niche.

[b]Age:[/b] For celestials this is your TRUE age. You might put 3,502 here in spite of being in the body of a 20-something. For reference:
1. -22,652. The original Fall.
2. -16,000. The demons escape Hell.
3. 715-745. Uriel, Archangel of Purity begins an extension campaign against the old gods (Norse, Roman etc.) It only ends by God's direct intervention.
4. 1008. Legion, Demon Prince of Corruption goes mad. Heaven and Hell temporarily unite against him.
5. 1957. Eli, Archangel of Creation goes AWOL.
6. 1997-1998. Unbeknownst to most of humanity, the Apocalypse comes very near during this period.

[b]E-considerations:[/b] Your preferences for partners for sexual content, your ons, your offs. That sort of thing.

[b]Physical Description:[/b] For humans this is for your one and only body (incidentally, it is possible but rare in canon for a dog or a cat to BE a soldier of God/Hell). For angels/demons, you can either write a description of your primary vessel or for each of them. A vessel is usually human but doesn't have to be. It won't include angel wings, demon horns, etc. A vessel's appearance doesn't really matter for physical abilities. A strong angel in the vessel of a 90-pound weakling can still bench press as much as a bodybuilder (or more!). Some angels/demons have non-human vessels. This tends to be higher animals (monkeys but not spiders). As Kyriotates/Shedim don't actually HAVE vessels (they exclusively possess things), you can talk about the types of hosts they like to possess. Of note, Kyriotates of Animals can and do possess bugs, Kyriotates of Flowers can and do possess plants, and Kyriotates of Lightning can and do possess technology (TVs and things).

Celestials might also want to describe anything unique about their celestial (true) form. Cherubs might want to talk about what animal they look like, for example. Height, weight, hair, eyes, style of dress, all that jazz. Those with discord (basically spiritual damage) might describe how it manifests on their celestial forms.

[b]Personality:[/b] How does your character behave? Celestials might want to talk about how they fit/don't fit the stereotypes of their choir/band or boss. Maybe your Seraph enjoys the company of humans. Maybe your servitor of Kobal, Demon of Dark Humor, is the eternal straight man. What are their likes and dislikes? Hopes and fears? What is their attitude toward their boss? What is their attitude toward the other side? What is their attitude toward humans/[angels/demons]?

[b]History:[/b] What has your character done and how did they get there? For very ancient angels/demons one issue might be why such an old character is just as powerful as a newbie. The game suggests a couple of reasons:
1. They're not all that good at their job (The Peter Principle).
2. They angered the boss but were too useful to outright destroy ("Spend a few more centuries as a gremlin for annoying me!").
3. They bit off more than they could chew and just got back in the fight ("I didn't realize that the old man was Baal, so he took me out and I spent eight hundred years in Limbo trying to get myself back together again.")

[b]Character Focus:[/b] What you want to do as/with the character. What do you see your niche as being. This can also help other people figure out THEIR characters (if they see someone wanting to be a streetwise detective, maybe they go a completely different route, or give them a potential rival/partner!) This also helps me look for things that might benefit players unfamiliar with In Nomine. If you say you want to be a muse/artistic type character, I might suggest certain songs and things that I wouldn't suggest someone wanting to be a flashy, hard-hitting warrior.

ANGELS AND DEMONS WOULD USE THIS TEMPLATE.

[b]A[/b]
[b][i]B Servitor of C[/i][/b]
[b]Corporeal Forces – A [/b]  Strength A1          Agility B1
[b]Ethereal Forces – B [/b]     Intelligence B1     Precision B2
[b]Celestial Forces – C[/b]     Will C1                  Perception C2
   [i]Vessel:[/i] X/N (Y)
   [i]Role:[/i] "X," Type/N, Status/N
   [i]Skills:[/i] X/N
   [i]Songs:[/i] X (Y/N)
   [i]Servant:[/i] N (Class/N, Level/N)
   [i]Attunements:[/i] X of Y
   [b]Discord:[/b] X/N
   [b]Artifact:[/b] X   
   Body Hits: X Mind Hits: X Soul Hits: X

SOLDIERS AND SORCERERS WOULD USE THIS TEMPLATE.
A
[Soldier of B] or [Sorcerer]
Corporeal Forces – A   Strength A1          Agility B1
Ethereal Forces – B      Intelligence B1     Precision B2
Celestial Forces – C     Will C1                  Perception C2
   [i]Toughness:[/i] N
   [i]Status:[/i] N (Job)
   [i]Skills:[/i] X/N
   [i]Songs:[/i] X (Y/N)
   [i]Attunements:[/i] X of Y
   [i]Disadvantages/Discord:[/i] X/N
   [i]Artifact:[/i] X   
   Body Hits: X Mind Hits: X Soul Hits: X

. . .
In Nomine's New York City.
Local Tethers.

Tethers are (usually) earthly connectors to (usually) Heaven or Hell. Here are the ones in and around the Big Apple.

Tethers of Hell.
Andrealphus (Lust) Luxuria Gentlemen's Club. Luxuria was an unassuming gentleman's club which came to the attention of a local decency crusader. What followed was a campaign of shaming and scripture. This attention had the usual opposite effect and brought new customers to the establishment. This display of devotion to the flesh created a tether of Lust. (Staten Island)
Belial (Fire) Jon Dabka Community Houses. A housing project that is unusually prone to arson and other unexplained fires. (the Bronx)
Mammon (Greed) Happytimes Textile Factory. An unassuming business with a sweatshop in the basement. (Manhattan)
Saminga (Death) Prison Ship Martyr's Monument. A monument to over 11,000 Americans who died aboard British ships during the Revolution, it has been a tether of Death since the 19th century. (Brooklyn)
Tethers of Heaven.
Janus (Wind) the Cyclone. A wooden roller coaster in Coney Island, it has been more or less in continuous operation since the 1920s and has been a tether of Jean for most of its history. Many of his servitors rotate to Brooklyn every three days as riding it for two hours is a rite for them. (Brooklyn)
Jean (Lightning) Pearl Street Station. While the original plant is long gone, Pearl Street housed the first commercial power plant on Earth. This start of industry has been connected to the Halls of Progress ever since. (Manhattan)
Marc (Trade) Federal Reserve Bank of New York. The site of a collection of roughly 10,000 tons of gold and the location of the de facto most important of the federal reserve banks and given Marc's general neutrality, it's the de facto headquarters of the Host in New York City. (Manhattan)
Novalis (Flowers) Queens Botanical Garden. Originally part of the World's Fair, it is about 40 acres of gardens in a world class city. (Queens)

This list presumes that Protection's tether at the People's Garden was destroyed in the No Dinero storyline.

. . .
This is information about the setting already given on the feeler page. It is here so you don't have to have two pages open.

There are seven major choirs and seven major bands. The rough parallel to classes are your superior (your heavenly/hellish boss). In heaven, the superior is called an Archangel (in Nomine this is a title, not a choir). In Hell, the superior is called a Prince(ss). There are 13 major Archangels and 14 major Prince(sse)s. Each choir/band has a special ability and a special thing that can cause them spiritual harm. Each superior gives special abilities to their servants and has special rules that if violated that can cause them spiritual harm if violated. This harm is called dissonance in game (there is a lot of musical symbolism in the game).

I will give a little something about each type, mention their special ability (called resonance), and their dissonance condition (what can harm them spiritually).

Choirs.

Seraphim. The holiest of angels. They are living lie detectors. They gain dissonance if they themselves lie. Their true form is a heavenly winged snake.
Cherubim. These angels are charged with protecting things. They can track the thing/person they are protecting. If it dies/is destroyed, they gain dissonance. Their true form is a giant winged animal (say, a gorilla).
Ofanim. These angels are fast. They can move quickly and get to their destinations by the quickest route possible. If they stop moving, they gain dissonance. Their true form is a constantly spinning wheel of fire.
Elohim. These angels are beings of objectivity. They are living mood rings. If they act on their own emotions, they gain dissonance. Their true form is like a Grey alien.
Malakim. These are warrior angels who all post-date the Fall. They see whether or not a person lives up to the ideals they preach. They have their own rules that they must follow, and if they don't they gain dissonance. All Malakim must have vows to 1) not allow evil to live if they can help it and 2) not allow themselves to be captured by demons. They have at least two more of their own. They CANNOT fall.
Kyriotates. These angels cannot (with rare exception) have vessels and can only come to earth by possessing someone/something. Powerful ones can possess more than one host at once. They gain dissonance if they leave the host worse off than when they found them. This includes losing a limb and losing a job. Their true form is a horrific cloud of limbs and parts of faces.
Mercurians. These angels are the most human-like. They can detect relationships and social connections. If they kill a human (but NOT a demon pretending to be a human), they gain dissonance. They look like traditional angels.

Bands.

Balseraphs. Fallen Seraphim. They warp the world to fall into the lies they tell. If they're caught in their own lies, they gain dissonance. Their true form are winged serpents too.
Djinn. Fallen Cherbim. Like the Cherbim they are trackers. They gain dissonance if they get attached to the object of their obsessions. They cannot harm their obsession without the object's expressed permission. Their true form is a chimera of other animals.
Calabim. Fallen Ofanim. They turn their old abilities outward and become engines of destruction. They send out energies from their body through cracks in their true form but if they try to attack and miss, they gain dissonance (although they can send it to another target). Their true forms are red-skinned, bat-winged people.
Habbalah. Fallen Elohim. They are demons who force emotions on others. If they fail, they can either feel the emotion that they tried to inflict or gain dissonance. They are insane and believe they are still Angels. Their true forms are tattooed, pierced, and scarred.
Lilim. Lilim are created in Hell by Lilith. They deal in favors. If she does something for their victim, the victim is supernaturally bound to do something for her. If the victim resists this, the Lilim gains dissonance. Their true forms are green humans with small horns.
Shedim. Fallen Kyriotates. They can only possess one host at once and can (with rare exception) only possess humans. They must induce their host to commit worse and worse acts of evil. If they don't, they gain dissonance. They also gain dissonance if their host dies while they are still possessing them. If it leaves just before the host dies, it's fine. Their true forms are hellish masses of limbs and body parts.
Impudites. Fallen Mercurians. They are basically psychic vampires, taking life force with a touch. If the kill a human or allow one to be killed, they gain dissonance. They look like humans with leather wings and both horns and a tainted halo.

Each Archangel and Demon Prince(ss) has a Word, a fundamental concept in the world that they embody. They give each of their angels/demons a boon (a special ability called an attunement) and another way to be spiritually harmed if they mess up. The dissonance conditions for each master/mistress is listed. I did not list the attunements for space reasons. I will give three examples to illustrate the idea of restriction (in theory any angel/demon can have any of their boss's attunements. However, some attunements deal with resonances (an angel/demon's special ability) and so are useless to other choirs/bands).

When dissonance gets too much it becomes something called Discord, a physical/mental manifestation of spiritual harm (for example, an afflicted angel might be purple or paranoid). Dominic's Ofanim can see it on Earth (anyone can see it in Heaven). This has nothing to do with resonance, so any of Dominic's angels can do this if they know how. Djinn of Malphas can cause anyone they are attuned to to hate any other person/thing for a few hours. This is tied to resonance, so only Djinn can do this. Impudites of Kobal have an attunement that is partially restricted. They gain essence, the energy that powers angelic/demonic abilities, if they play a cruel practical joke on a human (any of Kobal's demons can benefit from this part), if the human dies as a result, they don't generate dissonance (this only matters to Impudites).

Archangels.

Blandine, Archangel of Dreams. Her angels cannot take their true form on Earth except in a special 'gateway' to Heaven (called a tether). They cannot sing Celestial songs (songs are basically spells) on Earth. If they are assigned to watch a dreamer, the angel must warn the dreamer of any danger to the dreamer that the angel is aware of. She concerns herself with the dream world (the Marches).
David, Archangel of Stone. His angels cannot start a fight or use ranged weapons. He concerns himself with literal stone and humans joined together for mutual protection.
Dominic, Archangel of Judgment. His angels cannot punish greater than the crime, allow such punishment to happen, or ignore heresy in angels. They behave as Heaven's internal affairs.
Eli, Archangel of Creation. Eli has been MIA for decades. His servitors are loaned to other Archangels but DO NOT gain their dissonance conditions.
Gabriel, Archangel of Fire. If they do not punish the cruel every few days, they gain dissonance. Gabriel concerns herself with both literal fire and passion. She is widely seen as insane.
Janus, Archangel of Wind. His angels cannot stay in the same place for more than three days. For the RP's purposes, each boroughs of New York is a different place. Janus may or may not be Valefor.
Jean, Archangel of Lightning. His angels cannot let certain technologies into human hands or leave demonic technology unopposed. Jean deals with literal lightning and technology.
Jordi, Archangel of Animals. His angels cannot hold human lives above animal lives. Jordi loathes civilization itself.
Laurence, Archangel of the Sword. His angels cannot disobey his orders in word or spirit. He is the general of Heaven. He strongly supports Roman Catholicism.
Marc, Archangel of Trade. His angels cannot break their word. He his neutral to most, as a good businessman is.
Michael, Archangel of War. His angels cannot flee from battle without a direct order. He was the general of Heaven, now he concentrates on individual valor.
Novalis, Archangel of Flowers. Her angels cannot perform or allow more violence than necessary. She deals in literal flowers and the concept of peace (she's a hippy).
Yves, Archangel of Destiny. His angels cannot take direct action that move humanity toward Hell. He deals with what brings one to Heaven and knowledge.

Archangels vary in how close they are to each other. While some are allied, in terms of team dynamic, hostility is more relevant. The worst angels will do to each other might be to not aid one another or actively attack one another (except in Heaven itself). Blandine is hostile to David, Jean, Marc, and Michael. David is hostile to Marc. Dominic is hostile to Eli. Gabriel is hostile to Dominic. Janus is hostile to Laurence. Jean is hostile to Jordi, Michael, and Novalis. Jordi is hostile to Jean, Marc, and Michael. Laurence is hostile to Eli, and Novalis. Michael is hostile to Blandine, Dominic, Novalis, and Yves. Novalis is hostile to David, and Michael.

Demon Princes(se)s.

Andrealphus, Prince of Lust. His demons cannot feel true affection for any human or gain dissonance.
Lilith, Princess of Freedom. She is not technically a demon. She is the mother of the Lilim. She does not have regular servitors, but when someone does work for her, if they accept restraint or orders that aren't freely negotiated, they gain dissonance.
Asmodeus, Prince of the Game. His demons gain dissonance from disobeying Asmodeus or aiding a renegade (a demon who has fled Hell). They are Hell's secret police. He deals with both 'the Game' (basically bureaucracy) and literal games (like chess).
Baal, Prince of the War. His demons cannot flee from battle without a direct order. He is Prince of THE War (eg the war between Heaven and Hell). He is Hell's general.
Beleth, Princess of Nightmares. Her demons cannot take their true form on Earth except in a special 'gateway' to Hell (called a tether). She concerns herself with the dreamworld (the Marches).
Belial, Prince of Fire. His demons cannot be burned by their own schemes. He more or less only embodies literal fire.
Haagenti, Prince of Gluttony. His demons must force humans to consume (be it cheeseburgers or clothes). His true form is a mix of garbage disposal and caterpillar.
Kobal, Prince of Dark Humor. His demons cannot go a day without laughing at others' misfortune or making others laugh at it.
Kronos, Prince of Fate. His demons cannot take direct action that move humanity toward Heaven. He deals with what brings one to Hell and knowledge.
Malphas, Prince of Factions. His demons cannot go more than a day without creating divisions between people. He pretends to be best friends with all his demons.
Nybass, Prince of Media. His demons must spend at least an hour a day doing something media related (from being a news anchor to posting on the internet). He is the youngest major prince.
Saminga, Prince of Death. His demons cannot encourage life at all (say, giving someone water). He uses a lot of zombies and mummies.
Valefor, Prince of Theft. His demons cannot stay in the same place for more than three days. For the RP's purposes, each boroughs of New York is a different place. They also cannot recognize human rules on ownership or personal space. Valefor may or may not be Janus.
Vapula, Prince of Technology. Most of his demons are given Hellish gizmos. They can't let them fall into human or angelic hands. Hell's resident mad scientist (who thinks he's an angel).

The demons are more hostile to one another than angels (naturally). They are expected to outright eradicate servitors of their enemies (except those with political clout, eg the Game). Andrealphus considers Saminga to be his enemy. Asmodeus considers Valefor to be his enemy. Baal considers Malphas to be his enemy. Haagenti considers Asmodeus to be his enemy. Kobal considers Asmodeus to be his enemy. Kronos considers Kobal, and Valefor to be his enemies. Malphas considers Saminga to be his enemy. Saminga considers Andrealphus to be his enemy. Valefor considers Asmodeus, and Kronos to be his enemies.

The Minors.

There are some bosses that aren't quite as big. These are the RC Colas or Big Reds to the Pepsis and Cokes. They can be taken as bosses but keep in mind they will be minor players in Heaven or Hell.

Christopher, Archangel of Children. His angels cannot patronize children or harm them (even inadvertently). His Kyriotates cannot possess children.
Khalid, Archangel of Faith. His angels may not allow evidence of the celestial realm to fall into human hands. They may not kill any human who has true, unquestioning, unselfish faith in SOMETHING beyond himself. He strongly supports Islam.
Litheroy, Archangel of Revelation. His angels cannot keep secrets or lie. The only exception is that they are allowed to maintain the secrecy of the War itself. They cannot refuse to answer a question (except when asked by an enemy). They cannot have roles. Any secret they find that is harmful to ANYONE must be revealed.
Zadkiel, Archangel of Protection. Her servitors cannot fail to protect any human who is not in direct league with Hell itself (eg their soldiers). Incidentally, she has an interesting juxtaposition in that she encourages Islam and generally refuses to allow her angels to appear male.

Alaemon, Demon Prince of Secrets. His demons cannot give any answer to anything without holding SOMETHING back. They also must hide something of value every day. This thing can be physical value ($20) or less tangible value (evidence that would convict/exonerate an alleged burglar).
Fleurity, Demon Prince of Drugs. His demons cannot discourage the use of drugs and must actively encourage their use daily (unless they have a role that supersedes this, such as a DEA agent).
Furfur, Demon Prince of Hardcore. His demons cannot back down from a fight and must speak their mind (eg they can't spare feelings).
Mammon, Demon Prince of Greed. His demons cannot give away ANYTHING for free (not even the time of day).
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

mayovagn

Character Concept.
Player: mayovagn
Name: Ai Feng

Choir/Band: N/A

Superior: None as yet OPEN

Role: Human solider (Can be recruited by either side, PM with offers/ideas)

E-considerations: Same as player on's and off's.

Physical Description: Ai is a petite girl of Chinese ancestry. She has long dark hair, delicate features and is pretty. She is short and thin, wears spectacles and is usually smiling. She tends to dress in darker colours and is fairly practical about her outfits, she prefers boots to shoes and jeans to dresses, but can dress up on occasion. She isn't often seen wearing makeup. She prefers to carry a backpack than a purse and is very seldom seen without a hat of some kind. She has very small breasts and tends to wear hoodies that hide what little she does have.

Personality: Ai is secretly quite fun, despite an outward quiet and shy demeanour once she is comfortable with someone she can open up a fair bit. She is a staunch supporter of those she holds close and dear. She is bookish and enjoys reading and learning a very great deal but doesn't like to admit it as this is seen as a godawful stereotype. She isn't entirely sure of who she is and what she wants to do with her life and is attending college for Electrical Engineering  mostly at her parents insistence, and though she is enjoying it, isn't certain this is something she wants to spend her life doing. Ai loves her family but finds her parents stifling and is glad to be away from them at college. Living in the halls she finds exciting, an adventure to be savoured. She has friends at college and is well settled in by this her second year. She believes in people for the largest part where possible giving others chances if they disappoint her but is slowly becoming disillusioned of this attitude.

History: Ai is studying in New York City College and living in shared accommodation in a house about twenty blocks from campus. She has seven 'room mates'. Her parents are living back up in Canada on the outskirts of Toronto where they  have lived for the last twenty three years. Ai took high school back in Canada but elected to study for her college degree elsewhere to allow her some space from her parents. She is still figuring out who she is and where she wants to take her life. She did very well academically in high school and is doing similarly well in her courses at college. She is working at a local bar in the evenings to make ends meet and has been involved in several medical trials and intends to take on more when she can as these bring in a good amount of money for little effort on her part to fund her education.

Character Focus: Ai needs to figure out her direction, her focus, her passion, her dream, and follow it. She fully intends to complete her education and to see what the world of work can bring her, yet realizes that she needs somewhere to head for and that currently she is in uncharted waters.

Soldier of ?
Corporeal Forces – 1   Strength 2          Agility 2
Ethereal Forces – 2     Intelligence 5      Precision 3
Celestial Forces – 2     Will 3                  Perception 5
   Charisma: +2
   Skills: Chemistry/1, Computer Operation/1, Dodge/1, Electronics/3, Engineering/1, Fighting/1 (Kung Fu), Knowledge (Literature)/1, Mandarin/3, Move Silently/2
   Body Hits: 2 Mind Hits: 10 Soul Hits: 6
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Various

Going to start it up Thursday/Friday or so. Revamped the Tethers to generally lessen them and include the whereabouts of two canon ones. The situation is in a stalemate, in sharp contrast to the situation in Los Angeles or in Paris.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Various

I will post major NPCs as I make them.

Character Concept.

Player: Various

Name: Malarphaxad

Choir/Band: Balseraph

Superior: Fleurity, Prince of Drugs

Role: Dr. Quinton Ackerman, professor

E-considerations: General considerations can be found here.

Physical Description: As Quinton Ackerman, he is a dark-haired middle-aged whose eyes are usually framed by glasses an whose body is usually wrapped in nice suits. He is about six foot tall and one hundred seventy pounds. He has an easy smile, of course. Snakes are proud to poison. In his true form he is a multi-eyed serpent of an unnatural, poisonous green.

Personality: Like all Balseraphs, he does not believe that he is a liar. He to the center of his dark heart believes that every man, woman, and child (and angel and demon for that matter) would benefit from being so blitzed from pharmaceuticals that they're effectively vegetables. He's after that one pill that is so beneficial on the surface that nobody so much as bothers to pay attention to the multi-paragraph rapid-fire list of side effects. When he can't give or get his fix through actual pills, he's more than happy to use songs as a quick, if Essence-intensive, substitute. Still, pills help his master's Word and songs don't, so he has to be careful even if it's fun to go catatonic in self-induced bliss.

History: Malarphaxad and demons like him have been spreading their snake oil for decades. They peddle cure-all powders, immortality elixirs, and more recently this one weird trick. Anything to get man hooked on their product. If the human is poisoned in return, who cares. The allure of a full-head of hair or a wrinkle-free face will have an allure to many more where they came from.

Some of Malarphaxad's offerings are placebos. Some are legitimate, albeit poison pills with awful filler. Whatever causes man to move across that deliciously ironic line from socially responsible patient to socially irresponsible druggie.

Character Focus: He is meant to be a different path to Hell for Ai than Technology, if she takes the bait. He wants her hooked on his pills and potions until that's all she wants and works for. If not her, he can try to ensnare other demons with his prescription pad.

Malarphaxad
Balseraph Servitor of Drugs

Corporeal Forces – 3    Strength 4          Agility 8
Ethereal Forces – 3      Intelligence 7      Precision 5
Celestial Forces – 3      Will 8                 Perception 4
   Vessel: Human Male/1
   Role: "Dr. Quinton Ackerman," Professor/4 Status/3
  Skills: Computer Operations/1, Detect Lies/2, Dodge/1, Knowledge/2 (Pharmacy), Medicine/4
  Songs: Charm (All/3), Nightmares (Corporeal/2), Sensation (Celestial/3), Sleep (Ethereal/3)
        Attunements: Balseraph of Drugs
   Body Hits: 12 Mind Hits: 21 Soul Hits: 24
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Various

[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]