Cranes- Sci-Fantasy RP - Intchk/CO-GM Search

Started by Seaweed, July 26, 2011, 06:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaweed

Title: Cranes [Working Title, I don't know yet]

Life is the counterpart to death and vice versa. Without life death couldn't have been born and without death life couldn't have been born. They are as much enemies as they are allies. They control each others destinies. Where as some may die, others may live. Where as some may live, others may die.

I am the Descandent a being of knowledge. I have accumulated knowledge for thousand of years. I have no need for religion or society. I have always found myself in space, in my home. In the crypts and graves of knowledge. I have no need to be rescued. And yet as they passed in the luminating darkness, they boarded me. And felt they needed to rescue me.

Not only for the sake of their own race, but they felt compelled it was for my own sake as well.

------------

The RP would take place in space. As some explorers are collecting pieces from plantes and earth, they come across the Catacombs of Grave. A graveyard for all spaceships that didn't make it back home. Along the debri is a perfectly in tact ship, that seems to be consuming the waste of the Catacombs.

As the explorers make it onto the ship, they find the ship is intelligent, speaks, and talks to them. It withholds great knowledge and great power. They believe that this ship and its knowledge can bring the human race back to speed. It can jumpstart the human race again. Collecting the archives of the Descendant he seems rather fine with assisting.

These explorers make their way through the ship, discovering its empty, robotic corridors haunting and terrifying. Until they come across the engine room, which in the end scares them further. As they find a man "trapped" by wires, unconcious within in a cryogenic coffin. They feel the need to rescue him, even blaming the ship. Not realizing the ship and him are one of the same concious mind.

This RP is a sci-fantasy. What ends up happening is that as the explorers take both the man and his archives away from the ship. Some fantasy aliens find out their God has died.

And now the explorers have to deal with all kinds of space fiascos.

-------------------------------

I wanted to see who was interested before I work on a OOC. I will also need a CO-GM too before I work on the OOC. That also means I am looking for interest before I make a character sheet too.

Alliance

Lady Lunarius

I do find this interesting actually, forgive me if you'd prefer me not to post here but I do have a few questions If you don't mind them?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Seaweed

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 28, 2011, 01:01:43 AM
I do find this interesting actually, forgive me if you'd prefer me not to post here but I do have a few questions If you don't mind them?

Go ahead and ask them. I like when questions are asked in the intchk. What if someone has the same question.

Lady Lunarius

My assumption (though it may be wrong) is that we/the players  would be playing as the crew that boards this "ship". Correct? If that is so, why? They're collecting debris, but what for, what hope can gathering scrap give them?

What of this alien, and the fiasco, what has the man on the ship got in connection to these "alien".

Forgive me if my questions make little since as it is late for me but I am interested in finding out. Will these things be uncovered as the crew explores the ship  discovers the man, and various other things?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Seaweed

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on July 28, 2011, 01:08:23 AM
My assumption (though it may be wrong) is that we/the players  would be playing as the crew that boards this "ship". Correct? If that is so, why? They're collecting debris, but what for, what hope can gathering scrap give them?

Um...isn't that kind of obvious why? It's the cliche of all sci-fi. Earth is dying out. Resources are disappearing. It's time to explore different areas of the universe to collect new material and resources. The ship is a digger ship, it digs other planets resources and collects debri in hopes to bring debri fuel sources back to Earth.

Yes, you will be playing the crew members.

QuoteWhat of this alien, and the fiasco, what has the man on the ship got in connection to these "alien".

As said they view him as a kind of God or Deity. The Descandant named so. The aliens view him as the wisest of all things in the universe. For it knows all. And collects the souls of knowledge.

The fiasco is like any space adventure. All kinds of space fiascos. 

QuoteForgive me if my questions make little since as it is late for me but I am interested in finding out. Will these things be uncovered as the crew explores the ship  discovers the man, and various other things?

This RP isn't about them exploring the ship. It takes place after they steal the Descandant and his knoweledge to bring back to the dying Earth.