Survivor's Guilt - Psychological Romance / Past Traumas / Age Difference - MxF

Started by GnothiSeauton, August 05, 2017, 10:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GnothiSeauton

Disclaimer:  I really should not be looking for more stories when I'm already underwater as it is with the sheer amount of things I owe on here and a group game I'm struggling to keep up with when it comes to clashing with work, but...  I just can't get this idea out of my head.

Themes:  Law Enforcement, Cop X Victim, Traumatic Experiences as a Bonding Point, Age Differences (30+ years), Troubled Relationships.

Content:  Light.  No bondage, noncon, or extreme stuff.  This is intended to be a relationship-focused story.

Background:  It happened years ago, and would be a night that forever changed their lives.  An ordinary day, of different lives, converging in one pivotal moment that would make their lives different for all time.  For him, it was just another day at work until that moment.  For her, another day in the life.

What I thought was that something happens, something traumatic.  Maybe she's the last survivor of a massacre that he just happened to find, maybe she was a kidnapped captive of some sick bastard, and he found her.  Whatever it was, it changes their lives when they meet, him saving her from near death, killing the man responsible for it all.  He was first on the scene (maybe investigating the murderer/kidnapper for some time), and from that moment left a mark upon her psyche that she would always associate as safety.

Years pass from that moment, both troubling for each other, thrust into a spotlight neither of them wanted, forced into a life neither of them desired.  Yet for a few years, they were there for each other.  A little girl in a hospital, recovering from her injuries and scars that would never heal, and an old man who dealt with the light and scrutiny, along with the trauma of finding what he found in that scared little girl.  But as the years go on, their contact becomes spotty, their lives go on in divergent paths.

Until his retirement party, when he never expects to see her there, just to see the man who saved her life so many years ago.

Plot:  This could be a one shot, but I'd kinda prefer to make it a bit longer.  I thought of the two of them, after so many years, coming together and bonding, of picking back up where they left off, knowing that no one really knew what it was like except for the two of them.  They're two broken people, whose pieces just might fit together after so many years.

Requirements:  Patience is a must.  I don't care if you're a male writing a female role, or a female writing a male role.  I would greatly prefer it to be on the forum, as my PMs are a mess. I'd like an age gap as well, with him in his sixties and she in her late twenties at the earliest.

Roles:  Looking for either role.  I have a preference for the female role, but I'm open to either in all honesty.

Inspirations:  The Final Girls, Sin City.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories