Give Buddies a color?

Started by Cycle, March 31, 2016, 12:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cycle

The Users Online area at the bottom of the main page uses different colors to show Lords/Ladies/Staff, and bolds Buddies.  Would it be possible to make Buddies a different color?  Would anyone else like that?  Is there an option to do this already?

Nadir

Oh, I'd love it! The bolding is nice but far too subtle.

AmberStarfire

I'd like to see this change too.

Beguile's Mistress

Having them in bold lettering always worked for me but I suppose making them black as well would let them stand out even more.

Oniya

Well, black is typically used for people with some kind of account issue (anything from a dead email or Hiatus to actual disciplinary issues).  However, since red is no longer used for G-levels, that one is open (and very visible.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

Unless you have the dark skin then they disappear. >.< What I would really like is an option where it says users online, to also have different selections, like Buddies, that eliminates any names not on your buddy list. Or other special things like Wikimin, Staff, Mentors, GMs. A quick way to find specific groups of people.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

King Serperior

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 31, 2016, 01:32:16 PM
Having them in bold lettering always worked for me but I suppose making them black as well would let them stand out even more.
I agree with BeMi.  Bold has worked with me.  I'm not sure about the red though....

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

AmberStarfire

What about orange? Some people who aren't around that often might still associate red with staff.

Ebb

Quote from: Oreo on March 31, 2016, 02:03:48 PM
Unless you have the dark skin then they disappear. >.< What I would really like is an option where it says users online, to also have different selections, like Buddies, that eliminates any names not on your buddy list. Or other special things like Wikimin, Staff, Mentors, GMs. A quick way to find specific groups of people.

I like this idea. Having a Buddies-only "Who's Online" list would be a treasure. Or maybe "Buddies + Staff".

Beguile's Mistress

Orange would show up on a light or dark skin. 

I accustomed to the bold, though. 

King Serperior

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 31, 2016, 02:30:06 PM
Orange would show up on a light or dark skin. 

I accustomed to the bold, though.
Why not Bold Orange then?  It works for those who want the 'who's online' to have everyone listed AND/OR those who just want a 'buddies only' who's online.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

AmberStarfire

Orange and bold sounds like a great idea. You can click on tag/group types at the bottom but it doesn't have details like wiki admins.

Cycle

Quote from: Oreo on March 31, 2016, 02:03:48 PM

*nods*  I use the Blue Black theme so that would make all my Buddies cloaked out...  XD

Having a list sort function or making them big oranges would be greatl. 

Oreo

Quote from: Ebb on March 31, 2016, 02:27:36 PM
I like this idea. Having a Buddies-only "Who's Online" list would be a treasure. Or maybe "Buddies + Staff".

My thought is there are other people that are not staff that you might need for help like IRC operators, or Mumble Mods. Way too many out there to have colors for everyone. If the lists could be controlled by clicking IRC mod when you need help, you would know who is online at that time to help you. Same if you want all your buddies, or a mentor.

Something like this where you click the title and the list shows only those in that category:

Picture

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Cycle on March 31, 2016, 02:51:22 PM
*nods*  I use the Blue Black theme so that would make all my Buddies cloaked out...  XD

Having a list sort function or making them big oranges would be greatl. 

Big Orange

Oreo

Cycle

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on March 31, 2016, 02:56:32 PM

Big Orange

Now I am going to have to ask all of my writing partners to change their avis...  >.>

Blythe

Ariel

Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Vekseid

Quote from: Cycle on March 31, 2016, 12:52:04 PM
The Users Online area at the bottom of the main page uses different colors to show Lords/Ladies/Staff, and bolds Buddies.  Would it be possible to make Buddies a different color?  Would anyone else like that?  Is there an option to do this already?

I was actually going to give buddies an icon instead once we move to Elkarte.