Drow Academy (D&D 3.5) - Please read for Q&A

Started by sleepingferret, March 26, 2014, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepingferret

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 03, 2014, 07:54:27 AM
I was ill last night, foot pain, and on good meds so was kind of out of it. I will get my rogue in today.

Health and other life matters first.  Hope you feel better.

RubySlippers

Damned diabetes it can't be helped when there is nerve damage at least I only get spells.

Blinkin

I've told you Ruby, gem shoes aren't good for your arches. ;)

Hope that you feel better soon.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Countdown0

Oooooooh, I just saw that we have a half-dragon in the group. I have someone to speak Draconic with! :D
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

DinaFlower

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 03, 2014, 03:21:36 AM
I'm sorry Dina, but for now I'm closing space for any additional student characters right now.  At this point unless someone would like to play the female cleric of Lolth that would be an instructor at the Academy, then it is full for now.

Depending on how the game plays out, I may allow additional players to join.

Okay. Thank you very much.

Blinkin

A half-dragon?? How do you get a half-dragon drow who survives birth and get into the academy?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ghostwheel

By having a convoluted backstory that I won't spoil if the player doesn't want it spoiled. Just know that his house willingly made some dealings that... most wouldn't wish on their worst enemy in an environment like Menzoberranzan.

Muse

Half deep-dragon perhaps?  One of their alternate forms is a drow. *Shrugs* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

sleepingferret

Please send me and Ghost your character sheets tonight if possible, there shouldn't be any combat.  At least I don't plan on any right at the moment for right now, so that gives you some extra time if you need some for combat based stats.  But other stats, such as skills and such may be needed, if you engage in such activities.

Since I'm more concern about the RP aspect, unless it is an extremely difficult, something new your character has never done before, etc, or such for skill rolls to keep skill rolls and out of the way and in the background, let's say you use the "taking 10" rule and therefore the game will continue to be more RP focused.

However, I will be working on getting up the opening story thread, throughout the day.  I will post also post the official OOC thread as well, when the opening is completed.

RubySlippers

I'm kind of stuck on equipment that is a lot of gold and she doesn't need much at this point.

I picked up a set of masterwork thieves tools. But she got so much good stuff from the GM there is little else to get. I put 1000 gold for a trip when done with school to join a Vhaeraunian surface community with an attached arrange marriage to a loyal member of the faith. Female devotees are rare enough to make her an asset as a spouse I figure.

That leaves 400 gold and well am kind of stuck I might drop it on a wardrobe of common clothes and cosmetics with chest and good lock and leave it at that.

sleepingferret

Starting gold is yours.... you may keep the gold or spend it.  It is entirely up to you.

sleepingferret

I do believe I have everything........... I hope..

Anyways, here is the Rules, Character Listing, and OOC Thread...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200773.0

I do believe about the only thing that we haven't gone over so far in great detail so far, is the die rolling bit, and I also put in a bit about clothing, since drow society has a different nature and view point than other societies on the matter.

Sahariel

I have been a bit swamped the last two days but I am working on my sheet and will have it in no later than tomorrow evening.

I am thinking of playing a male fighter from House Xorlarrin.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Sahariel on April 04, 2014, 09:32:04 PM
I have been a bit swamped the last two days but I am working on my sheet and will have it in no later than tomorrow evening.

I am thinking of playing a male fighter from House Xorlarrin.

Quote from: sleepingferret on April 03, 2014, 03:21:36 AM
...for now I'm closing space for any additional student characters right now.  At this point unless someone would like to play the female cleric of Lolth that would be an instructor at the Academy, then it is full for now.

Depending on how the game plays out, I may allow additional players to join.

Sorry about that.

sleepingferret

I've talked with him Ghost, he's playing our last instructor.

ererruz

So if I understand correctly, the Priestess instructor is also already taken?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, no spots open at this time sadly. Unless we get lots drop outs.

Anyways folks who got accepted; post in OOC and post also in IC! Name counting has already started for melee magether players.