News:

Main Menu

Rpol down?

Started by GoldenChild, May 08, 2006, 02:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenChild

I have noticed that Rpol has been down most of the weekend (and still is), anyone that knows why?

TigreFatalis

I figure with the "let's get drunk" holiday Friday, they probably didn't notice.  But yeah, it's been irritating.  *le sigh*  At least none of my games are too busy at the moment. 
Sexual orientation: Straight
BDSM orientation: Switch
Ons/Offs - Updated September 2014
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4504.0

Back and poking around a little.

Purple

Lots of my games were busy... :(  I'm very heartbroken about the whole thing.  At least, as far as I've been able to tell that no one can get in at all.  But I hear that people have been somehow hounding Jase about it.  Don't know if it's true or not though.
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

GoldenChild

It's probably nothing he can do at the moment. I'm more afraid that someone has hacked the site and the question is if they had... how much damage has been done to it and its contains. But that is of course just speculation.

TigreFatalis

I'm pretty sure it's just a server problem.  Happened a month or so ago...

Lyria

Quote from: TigreFatalis on May 08, 2006, 07:28:35 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just a server problem.  Happened a month or so ago...

But for this long? I remember a couple of years ago this was happening on a fairly frequent level for a couple of months. But since then hasn't it been limited to a few hours here and there?

I'm not saying it's been hacked or anything, I just think it's probably bigger than the typical sever issue.
All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach
Don't you ever tame your demons
But always keep 'em on a leash.           ons/offs

Zaer Darkwail

I am afraid too that something has happened. The Rpol cna be mostly closed down a day but not two days! Also hacking is possible or that Jase have forgot pay the bills for keeping it up (later would be preferably because nothing has been damaged so far as I can tell). Also in WoW whole weekend the server where I was playing lagged alot, so it can be VERY massive net lag or net falling appart somewhere.

diddywah

I knew I could count on someone(s) here to have an answer...or at least a guess.

And dammit!  >:(     The last game that I was in that was moving even a teeny tiny little bit had finally started moving again.

:'(

Purple

I just talked to a friend of mine who lives near Jase (in Perth).  He said that depending on the problem...if he needed parts or something, no stores are open on Sundays and today, of course, Jase would've had to work...so maybe if that's all it is it won't be too long.  Don't know if this helps any...
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

TigreFatalis

There was a weekend about two or three months ago when RPoL was down for about 30 hours or so.  That time they said that a server bit the dust and they had to get a new one.  At least, that's the story I heard.

My suspicion was that RPoL has had a massive influx of applicants/games/activities going on and I think that since this is finals week for a lot of people, the servers simply overloaded and crashed.  Though it may take a while to get everything back up and running properly, I'm pretty sure they've got backup of all the active games.  I don't expect to lose anything from any of the games I'm in nor the one I'm running.

Purple

It very likely could be finals...I've been avoiding mine like the plague...like right now for example!  :)

Swedish Steel

Hehe, I hear that. My reading isn't going that well at the moment, I gotta pick up the pace. At least one page per minute. :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Purple

Hey, I at least have a Word window up to start typing up a take-home final.   Of course, the page is still blank...but it's a start.  :)

Swedish Steel

Yeah, great start. If it had been me I'd be staring on that blank document for 3 hours or so before I'd manage to put one sentence on there.  :)
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Purple

I just can't seem to tear myself away from gaming and chatting to get back to the document...and it's been up for, let's see, about 6 hours now.  Still blank!   ;D

alahendra

Heya--sorry to jump in on the conversation.  I have heard from an online friend who is acquainted with one of the mods that RPoL is down due to an issue with their hosting company.  Sorry I don't have more details than that.  :-[
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Jefepato

Quote from: Purple on May 08, 2006, 03:15:41 PM
I just can't seem to tear myself away from gaming and chatting to get back to the document...and it's been up for, let's see, about 6 hours now.  Still blank!   ;D

I wrote a term paper overnight once.  The professor gave me an A for it.

Lyria

Quote from: alahendra on May 08, 2006, 08:06:09 PM
Heya--sorry to jump in on the conversation.  I have heard from an online friend who is acquainted with one of the mods that RPoL is down due to an issue with their hosting company.  Sorry I don't have more details than that.  :-[

Thanks. That's the most reliable information anyone has offered yet.

Purple

As of 08 May 2006: RPoL has been down since approximately Sun 07 May 2006 0230 GMT. Current ETA is that it will be back online by Thurs 11 May 2006.

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roleplay_Online

alahendra

Thursday? *sobs*  ah, well at least it's good to know what's going on.  Thanks Purple
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

Purple

I know...I'm crying all over a term paper over it....  It's not a problem, thanks Alahendra.  :)

Lyria

yes, thank you very much for the information

Purple

And thank you very, very much Lyria.   :)   I'm always happy to be of service.  ;)

Lyria

that could be taken in so many delicious ways.... 

Purple

Take it in any scrumptiously delicious way you can think of.   :)