Interest check-Anime (Rufren Mayata)

Started by Ramael, February 24, 2010, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vampricprincessty

I like the idea. It ties the characters in together.

Ramael

Quote from: DigitLninja on March 07, 2010, 09:08:47 AM
um... what do you mean, as in how did he end up in this cross universe?

Nah, just the standard motivations, dreams, personality, etc. I was just getting a heads up before you posted a char sheet.

Also, its not a "cross universe" as such.  :-)

DigitLninja

Appearance:

Name: Hiroshima (Hero) Mizuho

Race: Human

Equipment: Standard ninja equipment - one forehead protector with tortoise symbol on it, one file woven into headband, one Black Ops standard sword, standard pair of gloves with metal hand guards, standard kunai holster with ten kunai straped to his right leg, standard hip pouch with: two extra kunai, ten shuriken, two scrolls, roll of trap wire, five smoke bombs, five exploding tags, two radio headsets, various plant's and seeds, and two hand mirrors.

History: At the age of sixteen Hero was one of the nineteen students of the ninja school that ended up being held back due to falling the final test, and while nine of his friends where going on missions and risking there lives he was re-studying everything he needed to be a ninja for another two years before finally achieving Genin status and earning his headband. Not once did Hero conciser giving up on becoming a ninja as his motivation was the death of his older brother by his own hands, or so he believed. Hero specialized in plant based Jutsu, using seeds and flowers as weapons proved to be a very effective weapon and surveillance tool. Hero was selected to become an Black Op after only two years of missions, but he decided to declined the offer until he reaches Chunin status.
Due to some recent discoveries Hero has been led to believe that his brother's death may have been a murder attempt with himself as the murderer under a Gen Jutsu.

Personality: Hero has always been a very cheerful and helpful person, offering flowers to his close friends and creating beautiful bouquets for his family's Flower Shop where he works between missions. His depression over the death of his brother only motivates him to keep moving forward and put as many smiles on the people around him as he can.

Powers: Various Jutsu usually involving plants, as well as ninja agility and energy control.

Alignment: As his name would imply he is a hero.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Ramael

Dude, that's great, but, we're not using characters from the actual franchises themselves, they are just there for inspiration, as is discussed in the first few posts of this thread (also my reply to your post just now "it's not a cross universe as such").

So you can have a ninja named Hiroshima Mizuho who lost his brother in shady circumstances, has an affinity for flowers and plantlife, but all the other Naruto-specific tags will have to go..."genjutsu, Konoha, Leaf village, Yamanaka flower shop, Chunin" etc.

We're not lifting directly from other franchises here, rather using them as inspiration. Rufren Mayata is a stand alone world/setting.

Pristine Katalyst

I like our universe. ^^ I'm excited about your idea as well.

So I guess I have to figure out a good reason for Toren to be going to this specific place... maybe it's rich in bounties? And then Rufio knows he's going there and told Mayu? Is that what I'm getting from that?

Just want to be clear. xD
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

Ramael

If you like, as I say, I was just brainstorming.

Does that give Rufio too much power?! Some kind of "chessmaster", heh. I don't want him holding all the cards, only maybe half the deck and blagging the rest.

Maybe Toren is chasing a bounty on Rufio(Or perhaps even Ata? Maybe being in search of her homeland, she's been classified as some kind of terrorist?!) but he's been given wrong information, and after a confrontation where the pair of them figure it all out and the dust starts to settle...Maya arrives.

Dun dun dunnnnn!!

DigitLninja

Alright, I edited my character so that he will be up to code. Every term I left in are common terms used in ninja training and weapons and not exclusive to the Naruto franchise for example Jutsu, Genin, Chunin, ect.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

Ramael

.......ok. Personally I think it's still clear that Hero's very close to the Narutoverse, but I'm happy to let it slide unless anyone else has a massive problem with it.

What are Hero's opinions on demons, vampires, and the like? Has he met any elves before?

DigitLninja

Through his missions he has probably met up with or fought with any of these creatures. He has no problem with them unless they are his target or threatening his village in any way. He tries his best not to judge before he get's to know someone.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

Truthfully, so long as it doesn't clash with Toren's general personality or history, I'm up for just about anything you could suggest, Ramael. XD

Searching out a bounty on Rufio's head sounds like fun though. Or Ata. or both. lmao

When I talked to Princess she said she wanted to wait a while before Ren and Mayu met up, but if she doesn't mind them meeting up this early, I don't either. ^^ The more drama the better, xD

Digi, you're probably going to need a reason for Hiro to leave his village... a mission of some sort perhaps???? That way you could have some interaction with us. ^^ OOOHHHH... what do you think about your village hearing about Rufio and his 'connections' and sent Hiro to do a recon mission?

Just a random thought. ^^

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

Quote from: Pristine Katalyst on March 07, 2010, 02:39:29 PM

When I talked to Princess she said she wanted to wait a while before Ren and Mayu met up, but if she doesn't mind them meeting up this early, I don't either. ^^ The more drama the better, xD

That's fine, I didn't mean for my suggestions to be immediate, just as the first bit of plot we can work towards in our first batch of posts.  There needs to be some tension before the siblings meet...not just "Oh I wish I could find my-oh hi"  ;D

As far as establishing characters go...I don't mind that last idea you threw out there about Hero, Katalyst, but I'd like to work Ata in there. Maybe Rufio has heard of a half-elf on the grapevine and finds the prospect enticing? Maybe even more so if it's a female half-elf?!

But that would move Rufio about and ruin Toren coming to me. Then again it could be a tracking story...with Toren getting closer all the time, building the tension...but then it might be boring from lack of interaction.

What I DO like is the possibilities for alliances/enemies here. No one is particularly morally biased either way, makes for the most interesting characters IMO.

I imagine Rufio would be very interested in who Toren collects bounties for, and who Hero works for. Apparant loners like Maya or Ata would seem easy prey to him...or maybe he's just curious? WHO KNOWS.

Kunoichi

*thinks about it for a few moments*

Well, for some reason, I can't help but think that Atanea would probably wind up fighting crime while travelling, just to keep her skills sharp...  Perhaps she winds up breaking up somebody's illicit activities and ruining somebody else's attempts to collect a bounty on somebody?  Or maybe she just winds up stumbling into some other odd situation of some sort...

*thinks about it for a few more moments*

Perhaps she should have brought along some jungle beast of some sort as a ride?  Like a stegosaurus, perhaps. ^^;

Pristine Katalyst

Ha ha, I planned on the bounty hunting to be more Bebop style: either government centered, or perhaps the bounties are set by each individual village, because Toren is the type to want to be his own boss, freelance-like. He wouldn't enjoy working under someone else if he could help it.

I do, however, very much like the idea of Atanea breaking up his bounty thinking he's attacking an innocent person or something. Perhaps it's a rather large bounty, and she feels responsible for making him lose it and feels she owes him a favor? maybe, with her crime-fighting skills, she decides to help him out until the debt is satisfied? Of course, that would mean they would have to travel together for a while... perhaps towards Rufio. xD

Perhaps it was Rufio that pulled a string and set her up to mess up Ren's bounty in the first place....

again, just some random thoughts.

DigitLninja

So my character needs a mission that will allow him to meet up with someone else, but it all comes down to is he there to kill someone or is he trying to find an item, ect. What I would like to know is who is going to be doing what, and where my ninja's presence would be the most helpful.

Also I changed the image of my character, that should make it less Naruto like though still holding some of the key elements.
Quotes to Live by:

Pristine Katalyst

I like your new pic. He's hawt. xD

It looks like Toren is going to be doing some bounty hunting and making his way towards Rufio as far as I can tell, where he will meet up with his sister accidentally, who is Princess's Mayu. That's all I've got for somewhat certain so far. lol

Kunoichi

I guess it all comes down to who Atanea and Hero meet up with first, then...

DigitLninja

lol thanks, I'm glad you like the picture ^_^

I think I would like to meet up with Mayu first, but I need a good mission that would lead me to her in the first place... What could a long term single man mission for a hidden village be...

just checking... but are you the same Kunoichi from the old site?
Quotes to Live by:

Kunoichi

Yes I am, Digit. ^^ Nice to see you again.

Perhaps the mission could be a bodyguard mission?

Ramael

!

-Digi's new pic. Thumbs up.

-Ata's stegasaurus, great idea! Fantastical, and marks her out as unique. Does this stegosaurus talk, or have a personality of any kind?

-Ata's crime fighting, why? Has she a history of this? Did she fight crime at home? Wouldn't stopping to fight crime delay her from the search for her homeland?

-Kata, like your ideas about Toren's bounty hunting. Where is he getting his information on his marks from? Also, can he only track bounty at night?

-Digi, Hidden Village? I thought we were dropping the Narutisms? Daimyos, or Lords, or hell even a Duke if you want to dispense with the Japanese theme a little would probably keep a company of ninja. You were talking about missions...ninjas, being spies and assassins...maybe your employers/your home have a rivalry with Rufio's cartel of demons, or are looking for a joint buisiness venture? Maybe you've been sent to gather information on the Brimstone Burger boys?(yes I'm keeping the name-that crew of demons will be a bunch of oddbods!)

Pristine Katalyst

Hmmm.... what about Trigun style bounties... just a board posted in every town that is bounties that are up for grabs? It would be an easier way to keep the peace than having police and whatnot. Plus it leaves us free of legalities outside of sheriffs or whoever runs the town/village/city whatever. lol

Kunoichi

I'm thinking the stegosaurus will just be a stegosaurus, brain the size of a walnut and everything. ^^;

...Although now, for some reason, I'm thinking an anthro stegosaurus would be kind of sexy... Oo;

As far as the crime fighting goes, like I said, it would be something she'd do to make sure her skills don't decline.  She's got to keep herself sharp somehow, after all.  Though I also see your point about it being a bit of a waste of time, too.

Edit: Hmm.  Bounties, though, could be a good way to get money, which is something she'd need while travelling the world...

DigitLninja

Ok, I'll leave out the 'hidden village' scenario, so perhaps his lord was sent a request for a body guard for Mayu, with the promises of twice the normal fee or something...
Quotes to Live by:

Ramael

I love the smell of ideas in the morning.

Yum!

Kata (I keep calling you this, is it even okay?!) no police kind of negates me being a "gangster"...but then again, if I'm not diametrically opposed to a police force, then I'm not a straightforward "bad guy".

I like it.

Anthro stegasaurus-go for it. Then we have a nice split, you and I. Rufio with his female imp summon, and you with your steg pet guy, make an interesting meet.

Boards-cool. What if....what IF...what if Toren comes across a board up on...his sister?!
Maya has a history of uncontrollable violence every now and again. It would be quite plausible if someone had seen Maya as a threat...if Toren sees this, it's a race against time to either eliminate any other hunters on the tail of his sister without her finding him out, or to get to the source and find out who's put a bounty on Maya and convince them to lift it.

If Ata takes up bounty hunting as a part time money maker/travel oppurtunity, there's a nice opening there for the more experienced Toren to come and "show her the ropes"...if he thinks she's worth it. What if there IS a bounty on Maya and Ata takes it up? What better test of someones skills than to take down a half-demon?!

Geography-all this talk is helping me get an idea...I'm seeing Rufio living in a city, and Ata obviously coming from the furthest away, the wilder lands that people don't know as much about, Ata being an exotic rarity (even rarer with her very exotic pet!) If we have one large city, then the other characters can come from the surrounding areas, smaller towns, planes, places not as far away from the city as Ata's elven home.

Digi-what if Hero came from/works in the same city as Rufio? An urban ninja is a plausible ninja. That also balances it out, we are in closer proximity, saves having all of the characters lugging about the place.

Ramael

Sorry to double post, I've just seen you guys catching onto the idea of bodyguarding Mayu (sorry for previous misspelling).

If Hero's her bodyguard, and Ata is trying to take her first bounty, that's the build up to a confrontation right there...what WILL Toren do?!

Lots of ideas. Some of them clash. We'll sort it out.