Pokemon Tabletop United [Interest Check]

Started by eternaldarkness, January 15, 2015, 12:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlamingAce242

Actually I like the idea of one trainer and six pokemon, so we have a more focused story. I think I will go with a cyndaquil as my character

LSWSjr

So now it looks like we have an NPC trainer, a PC trainer, 3 PC Pokemon and an NPC Pokemon.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Datawych on January 16, 2015, 03:02:08 PM
Still tentatively interested, but I must admit I much preferred the idea of three PC trainers with three PC pokemon...

How the setup will end up looking depends on the players. If people make trainers, there will be 3 trainers.

eternaldarkness

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221753.0 - OOC and Character Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221754.new#new - IC thread

get those characters made and post them in the character thread. Once we have most of the characters posted, we'll get started.

eternaldarkness

I dug up my old Pokemorph rules from a previous game for those of you wanting to get the mon feel while also being trainers. feel free to make full-scale morphs if you'd like, and yes, they CAN be trainers. All characters start at level 5 (if human) or 10 if a Pokemorph. Pokemon start at level 5.

Pokemorph Rules (Race replacement, changes creation and progression by a bit)
-Has visible Pokemorph/Pokemon features in a way that grant them a type and altered stats at character creation. Use species base stats + nature.
-HP Formula: (HP x 3)+ 10 +(Level x 1.5)
-Follow Base Relation rules with Stat Points (if BR is broken due to class-stat increases, one cannot add stat-points to it until relation is 'balanced' again)
-Skill edges prerequisite:
Adept - Level 2
Expert - Level 10
Master - level 22
-Gain Edges or Features only on even levels. (ex: Level 2 is an edge, level 4 is a feat, etc; they alternate)
-Gain capabilities based on base species.
-Capabilities that are normally calculated by skills remain unchanged. Capabilities that are not, like levitate, firestarter, teleport, aura reader, etc. are gained. Capabilities may be improved by pokemon edges.
-Level from 1-100
-Gain 1 Tutor Point at first level and +1 Tutor Point for every 10th level.
-Gain +1 stat point every level
-Gain Moves from their base species level-up list
-May have up to 10 moves on their movelist (up to 4 from TMs/Tutors.)
-The types granted to you by your base-Mon count as the Elemental Connection for that type, in regards to qualifying for feats or classes that need them as a prequisite (A dragon type-Morph can become a Herald of Pride or Dragon ace, etc)
-May have no more than 3 classes.

Morph Mega Evolution
Morphs can Mega Evolve, it functions just like pokemon, with a few differences detailed below. In order to do so, they must take the Mega Evolution Feature, this does not count as a class.

Mega Evolution
[+1 Any Stat()][+1 Any Stat()]
Prerequisite: 1 of the following Skills at Master Rank: Focus, Combat, or Intuition
Bind 1 AP
Effect: Once per Scene as a Swift Action, the Pokemorph may activate Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution lasts for X Rounds, where X is your Focus, Combat, or Intuition Rank. Mega Evolution for Pokemorphs acts the same as if they were a Pokemon (They gain Stat Bonuses, possibly a Type Change, and a new Ability). When those rounds are over, the Pokemorph is treated as if they just used a Move with the Exhaust Keyword.

Finishing Move
[+1 Attack][+1 Special Attack]
Prerequisite: Mega Evolution
Bind 1 AP
Effect: Cooperate with your GM to create a new Move which can only be used while Mega Evolution is Active. This move does not add to your current Move List for Morphs (Essentially giving them +1 Move Slots, but only for this Move).

eternaldarkness

I changed the starting levels for PC's, so adjust accordingly.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

eternaldarkness