The Team (Super, NC-Exotic)

Started by ivygrowth, May 21, 2012, 11:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arioch

Thorn, the easiest thing to do is have a problem associated with the opposite of what you do. Maybe bright lights affect you in some way.

If not that, maybe you can come up with some sort of simple thing like being very weak or frail, needing some item or even an allergy to some common thing.  Of course, an allergy to a superhero is usually something bigger than to a human (think Superman and kryptonite)

Muse

Easy.  Turn off the lights and she's powerless.  In full darkness there are no shadows. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Arioch

Thorn14

Those are some good ideas. So perhaps she's not weak to light but instead needs it to form shadows.

My thought was maybe her willpower is frail as a second weakness, making her open to manipulations.

Neysha

Name: Amanda Gregg
Alias: Aegis
Appearance:
Personality: Very kind, considerate and respectful of people until her perception of them otherwise changes. Has a very deep and stubborn sense of justice and ethics. She tends to keep her stronger emotions subverted and has a veneer of trying to seem unflappable. Also Amanda suffers from a mild case of manic-depressive disorder where she is prone to bouts of hypomania where her mind and body act in a state of heightened activity and often positively, and depressive episodes split up by periods of normal behavior. Her symptoms tend to cycle more rapidly then others and are often dependent on external trauma or stimuli, whether positive or negative.
History: Amanda was born into a rural African-American family in Tennessee on a family farm her family had owned since the post Civil War Reconstruction era. Raised in a household that had a strong family history of both enduring, surviving and even thriving in what was a tense, and often hostile racial environment until her grandparents generation, Amanda was brought up on the virtues of hard work, justice, ethics as well as a strong identification with her family heritage and local heritage.
   Amanda recently became the second generation of her family to attend college and the first woman in her entire family to do so, pursuing her passion of History and a more practical degree in Agricultural Economics. Before she could return home and settle into the family agribusiness. But that changed when she picked up a strange colored crystal on the roadside  while on her long drive back home at a rest stop. Almost immediately she was able to consciously manifest brightly colored constructs based on an unknown energy that she alone could tap. Almost immediately she went home and told her parents, deciding not to keep it a secret at all.
   Her friends and family, after overcoming an initial shock, encouraged her to do what she felt was right. Amanda agreed, and all of them figured her potential could be put to better use as something other then a farmer, but in using her abilities to assist others like so many other superheroes and heroines had already done. After accepting the well wishes of her friends and family, she decided to strike out into the world and find a proper place to start her new life path as a heroine.

Super Power #1: Amanda can manifest various basic energy constructs. She can create out of thin air, various shapes and forms that are comprised out of an unknown energy that is slightly transparent, of a solid base color and can be best (but still inaccurately) described as ‘hard light.' The complexity of these constructs varies depending on size and practice and her own mindset. For example she can create boxing gloves, chains, cages, and detailed suits of ‘hard light' armor for herself, even working small arms. But if she tries to make bigger constructs, she's reduced to basic shapes such as flat planes, rods, cones, spheres or slices thereof and so on. The durability of said constructs is quite strong and in some cases can magnify her own strength, such as with the boxing glove constructs, but is also dependent on her level of focus and concentration and the simplicity and size of the construct in question.
Super Power #2: She is capable of flight, but only be splitting her concentration in making a ‘flight suit pack' which allows her to reach speeds of upwards of two hundred miles per hour, or however fast she dares to go without getting scared.
Weakness: Her powers can be negated by sufficient trauma to her physical person... ie... getting ‘rattled.' A concussion will immediately negate her abilities for an extended period of time but lesser non-concussive impacts will often immediately dismiss her constructs immediately as well. Also prolonged concentration on the use of her power, especially in stressful situations, eventually leads to dizziness, headaches, nausea and even migraines which further limit her ability to utilize her superhuman abilities, especially in precise manners.
Player Ons: Group Sex, M/F, Interracial Sex, Pregnancy, other things in my ons/offs
Player Offs: Same as in my sig. The usual stuff.
Player Limits:Ditto as above.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

jaybee55

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 25, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
Those are some good ideas. So perhaps she's not weak to light but instead needs it to form shadows.

My thought was maybe her willpower is frail as a second weakness, making her open to manipulations.

A few more possibilities if you're still looking for ideas: Maybe her creations can be dispelled using a sufficiently bright light (and/or darkness... what happens to shadows when it gets dark?).  Maybe the constructs require line-of-sight and/or concentration to maintain (i.e. are not autonomous).  If they are autonomous perhaps there's a risk that they will turn on her under certain circumstances (and, further, that a clever/observant super villain could figure this out).

(Yes, some of these are variations of what other people have suggested)

A fun character idea in any case.
Ons and Offs (incomplete)

AndyZ

Now, I can only speak for myself, but I never bought into the whole "complete darkness gets rid of shadows" argument.  I'm not fully understanding of the weaknesses as presented, but having played both Alan Wake and the Darkness games, I'd recommend more towards the light dispelling the shadows than having them suddenly disappear in the absence of light.

That said, my opinion only, so if that's what's preferred, I guess go with it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Thorn14

In fairness, in the darkness, he was powered by the darkness itself, not shadows.

AndyZ

Quote from: Thorn14 on May 25, 2012, 03:05:25 PM
In fairness, in the darkness, he was powered by the darkness itself, not shadows.

Maybe I just don't get what the shadows would be if not darkness, or the absence of light.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Arioch

Quote from: AndyZ on May 25, 2012, 03:13:37 PM
Maybe I just don't get what the shadows would be if not darkness, or the absence of light.

It is a subtle distinction. The idea being that a shadow is formed when something blocks the existing light. While darkness is created with the absence of light. It can seem like semantics but in a comic book type setting has some good uses.

For an example, think of the recent solar eclipse, the moon cast a shadow upon the earth but it was still light out versus going into a cave and having the entrance sealed, now, there is no light at all.

Muse

Well, darkness is indeed the absence of light.  Shadow is more of an in between.  A complex layering of dark on light contrasts.  The brighter the room, the more defined the shadows cast are. 

Shadows are great for metaphor because they are both intricate things in and off themselves and an important part of universal experience. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Okay.  I guess that's one take on things.

ivygrowth

Looks good Muse.

I don't mind a couple more Wolfy.

That could work AndyZ, depending on the level you see impacting her.

Thanks lunawuff

The character is interesting, but as mentioned the weakness may not quite fit Wolfy.  I guess aging is something of a weakness, but not quite in the way I had in mind.  I would prefer some way to stop her making constructs short of her dying of old age. 

While I don't have a strong opinion on the nature of shadows, ;)  it is a tough one to think of a good weakness for.  A bright light would be the obvious answer, though may not be the greatest.  I guess it would depend what sort of physical objects you see her making. 

Looks good Neysha, though makes me think Green Lantern.

I'd accept one or two more Katina

We do seem to be getting alot based on creating/changing objects.  Not that I mind, but I hope the players don't mind the overlap.

Thorn14

Noticed that as well. Seems my shadow power was almost similar to making objects, wondering if I should shift to something else like controlling light and darkness instead or continue with just "making shadows physical"

ivygrowth

It may be better for you to shift to controlling light/darkness, unless you were strongly attached to the idea of shadow constructs.  :-)  Make what you want to play.

The OOC thread (still a work in progress):
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141157.0

If you have any suggestions for locations within the city, please let me know.  I posted a few just to try and give the city a bit of character, but need to expand on their descriptions.

If your character is listed in the second post of the OOC thread, please feel free to post an introduction here:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141233.0

The initial scene is intended to bring the characters together, though I won't be starting it until the last few people finish their characters.  For now, just roleplay your character doing whatever at the festival.

This isn't intended to rush those who are still working on their characters :-)  It is just intended to let those who are done roleplay their characters a bit.  So please don't let it scare you off ;)

JerichoMyers

I've been role playing a villain for quite some time now and I've gotten the hang of his game. Yes yes, I know it's a male but hear me out. I call him Spaz and he's more along the horror scene of villains; for example committing biological frankenstein-isk experiments for games. The patients usually die but it's more along the liens of self research for a bigger project. Unlike the other powers, his comes from a helmet. This helmet allows him to download any information into his brain. He doesn't fist fight, do the whole pissing contest but plays psychological games, tries to discourage Hero's, commit media mockery against them. Considering many other villains you see who approach scenario's head on blasting laser-beams, I think Spaz would be a tricky villain for the Hero team to contend with. I hope you consider the character.

AribethAmkiir

I was wondering if you were taking any more characters for this game? 

If so, I'd be interested in making a female teleporter. 

AndyZ

Name: Valerie Kyleson
Alias: Valkyrie
Appearance: Her superheroine costume is a black catsuit with a white cape split down the middle.  When showing off, she uses her ability to make the cape flutter like a pair of wings, although the wind does so for her often enough.  She's probably going to have to retailor it so that she can wear it under her normal clothes, but as of the start of the game, she'll have to get to her car in order to retrieve the costume.

Personality: Although mostly happy-go-lucky and kind, she does have a temper.
History: The only child of two lawyers, Valerie has spent most of her life content and wanting for little, although she always had the feeling that something was different about her.  For example, she could just recognize things about people without understanding why, possessed a knack for sports and seemed able to convince people of things. 

Such minor tricks never seemed much more than luck or talent until that fateful day in college, when she was attacked by a mugger while coming back from a party and fairly buzzed.  The sudden rage she felt as he ran off with her purse was overwhelming, and seemed to go from the metaphorical eye daggers of hatred which everyone feels from time to time, exploding into a sharp burst of pure force which rammed him against the brick wall.

She ran, barely able to snatch up her purse, and the awe of the revelation of her abilities mixed with the fear and shock of what she had done.  However, once the surprise faded and she considered matters, she knew that she had an obligation to use these abilities to fight crime.

Super Power #1: Telepathy.  She can send and receive conscious thoughts, echoing them like a signal booster so that a team can communicate with each other and she doesn't have to pass along thoughts.  (In game terms, once someone sends something to her, unless they specifically say that they only want her to hear, it'll be communicated to everyone to whom she's linked.)

She believes that she has to make eye contact with someone the first time she uses this power (she can be wearing sunglasses but she has to be able to see the eyes of the other person).  Once she's gotten used to someone, though, it stops being necessary, and she doesn't need to maintain eye contact in order to maintain a connection.

A secondary use of this power, though not one to which she's conscious, is a subliminal effect to keep most people from recognizing her unusual nature or realizing that Valerie Kyleson is Valkyrie.  (Basically how people never see Clark Kent with his glasses knocked off and instantly think Superman, except that her power accounts for it.)

Super Power #2: Telekinesis.  She's starting to figure out how to control herself in order to fly, but it takes effort and so far she's not able to do anything else with telekinesis while levitating.  At the start of the game, she hasn't yet figured out too many unconventional applications of this power, although I expect her to come up with things like barriers (holding the air in place to block attacks) and so on as time goes on.

When she loses her cool, she also loses her fine motor control over her telekinesis, instead amplifying her raw power.  She stops trying to merely lift someone off the ground in order to halt their escape and instead uses buffering force to slam them against the wall.

Weakness:  Sensory overstimulation.  While a person with fewer than five senses is able to compensate to some degree by focusing more easily upon those remaining, her brain is struggling to keep up with the extra stimulation, leaving her prone to being overwhelmed.  Car horns and sirens can lead to headaches and dizzy spells, while strobes and flashbang grenades can render her unconscious.  Extended exposure can quickly lead to disorientation. 

She does her best to avoid parties and crowds, and while she tries to attend the annual festival, it's usually from a safe distance.

Player Ons: F/F, nurses, bunnygirls, sybians, I enjoy playing futa but I don't expect that to come up here
Player Offs: Mutilation, Lobotomization, Bodily Waste, Soul Stealing
Player Limits: Not really sure on the difference between Offs and Limits.  Here's my O/O thread.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=102977.0
[/quote]

ivygrowth

Quote from: ivygrowth on May 22, 2012, 05:21:59 PM
I suppose I could accept a Villainess (and maybe a male Villain or two) if that is what people wanted to play.  However, they would need to understand that they would eventually lose.  You might escape, might have temporary victories, but your character won't be a main focus of the story (and probably wouldn't always be active). 

In a conflict between a Villain(ess) and a Heroine, the results would have to be decided by the players in advance, or would have to be left open so I could post the results. 

I am willing to accept one or two more villains (males allowed) as you long as you have read the above.

I am still willing to accept one or two more characters AribethAmkiir, so if interested please post a character. :-)

Looks good AndyZ.  I'll add her to the OOC thread.

AribethAmkiir

Name: Nichole Ransom
Alias: Nikki

Appearance:  Dark eyes, blonde hair, and tan skin portend Nikki’s Latin heritage.  Her tone muscles and flat abs are the result of her genetics and active lifestyle.  She is 5’6” and 130 lbs., and like most super-heroines is stacked in the bust department.

Personality: The title “free spirit” falls short in describing Nikki.  She is an outgoing and energetic individual who can’t seem to sit still.  She is constantly on the go, and becomes irritable when she is bored or restless.  While outgoing, Nikki doesn’t speak about herself much and often guides conversations toward those around her.  She loves to have a good time and her favorite way to express this desire is through alcohol and partying and to the intuitive individual it is quite obvious that Nichole has addictive tendencies.  While most definitely not a lady in the traditional sense of the word, Nikki can put on airs and speaks with a southern drawl.

History: Nichole was born, Nichole Marie Barosso in Atlanta, Georgia, to a debutant and a southern banker.  Nikki was rebellious and wild from an early age, and by the time she was thirteen her parents sent her to a finishing school for young women.  Instead of conforming to the expectations placed upon her by her parents, Nikki learned how to hide her hedonistic ways and gravitated toward young women who shared Nikki’s “zeal for life”.

Due to Nikki’s genetic makeup, she bloomed young and due to her nature, well-developed form, and choices in friends she became sexually active not long after.  At the age of sixteen, immediately after a tryst with a teacher, her powers became active and she found herself with nothing but a sheet twenty miles from where she’d been.  Despite the horrible first experience with her powers, Nikki slowly learned to accept them and then even exploit her abilities.  Teleportation made it much easier to sneak in and out at night, or even in broad daylight.  She also found that it was quite useful in getting away from bad situations, which she found herself in quite often.

She graduated from her prep school without honors or a decent GPA, much to the chagrin of her parents.  However, due to their own marital strife, neither parent was eager to demonstrate the “tough love” that Nikki needed.  Instead, Nikki was quite content to do it all over in college, which after a year and half, she dropped out of.  After dropping out of college, Nichole did little more than party and spend her parent’s money.  She developed a drug habit, and began leading a dual life.  She used her teleportation ability to steal, transport drugs, and, at times, completely disappear.  It wasn’t until her dependency began to interfere with her ability to teleport did Nikki realize that she had a problem.  By that time, she was too deep into the criminal organization to get out easily, and without her ability to teleport she had to discover and use different ways to smuggle the drugs her bosses expected her to move.

Luckily for her, she fell in love with an undercover D.E.A. agent, Cole Ransom, who helped her get clean.  Once clean, she helped him take down the drug ring and was exonerated due to her cooperation.  Shortly after the big bust, the two of them were married.  Their happiness, however, didn’t last long as he died in a car accident only six months after their wedding.  The only thing that kept her from reverting to her old life was his partner and friends in the D.E.A.  With their encouragement and support, and the memory of her husband, she was able to return and finish college.  For the last year, she has worked as an agent with the D.E.A., though, with great difficulty, she has been able to keep her super power secret.

Super Power #1: Teleportation.  Nichole is able to teleport within a fifty mile radius.  She is more comfortable with teleportations within her line of sight, though she can accurately teleport to a place she is familiar with.  While she is capable of “blind” teleports, it is her experience that they often have undesirable consequences and will only do so with extreme need.  She is also capable of teleporting objects and people with her as long as she is in physical contact with them.
Super Power #2: Above human physical condition.
Weakness: Nikki can easily become addicted to a number of stimulants.  Her current addictions include: alcohol, sex, and teleporting.  Severe withdrawal or dependency will interfere with her ability to teleport making it a slower and more difficult process or even completely preventing it depending on the severity of her dependency/withdrawal. 

Her ability to teleport is limited to "line of sight" and untrained.  There are also a number of things she doesn’t know in regards to her ability and what she does know is based on past experiences and theory.  For instance, she has no knowledge of what would happen should she teleport into an occupied space.  She is also currently limited to teleporting 500 lbs or two other individuals with her.  Blind teleporting results in unpredictable consequences (GM's discretion).

For a comprehensive O/O list look here
Player Ons: M/F, F/F, Group, NC (especially coercion and mind-control).
Player Offs: Hard vore, scat, water-sport, feeding/weight gain, mutilation, deformation, etc.
Player Limits: Will post frequently (1-2 times a day, or more.  Come July, this will likely decrease.)

Darwishi

Color me interested.  Is there any power set that you need or are looking for at the moment?  There's a slew of characters in my signature plus I can always create one more if needed.

Arioch

I don't think we have anyone that can fly or with amazing speed.

ivygrowth

I like her, but might prefer a slightly stronger weakness as well.  Maybe she can't teleport through certain types of materials (or her range is much more limited when going through solid objects), or can't teleport when in contact with certain materials (I am thinking lead or gold, but is just a thought). 

What sort of "undesirable consequences" did you have in mind for blind teleports?

We have Sonic Blasts, Super Strength, Silence, Technology Modification, Electricity, Light Constructs, and Telepathy/Telekinesis approved.

We have Teleportation, Shadows, Life Force in the process of being created. 

Assuming I didn't miss anyone.  I'm not sure what would fit well with that. 

I will probably cut it off to new applicants after Darwishi (new applicants being anyone who hasn't posted in this thread expressing interest, if you have done so, but just don't have a character in yet, you can still join :-) ).  We should have more than enough to start (and may end up in two or three groups depending how things go IC), though I may open it up again once we have gotten going. 

Darwishi

I've got a character named Haste that could fill a speedster role, otherwise I was thinking maybe Heatwave or Infinity from the link in my signature?

Sorry for all the broken picture links, I've been reorganizing my photobucket account, I'll get to updating the links soon.

ivygrowth

I do think we have a couple of people who can fly already.  Heatwave might would work (admittedly, just skimmed them), though would probably need a slightly stronger weakness to bring her into line with the others.