Mature but Nonsexual

Started by Raveled, February 20, 2015, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raveled

I have a question of where to place a future game. It will not feature sexual scenes (well, the beginning at least, but it will fade to black in order to keep the story moving) but there will be mature content. I fully expect to have scenes of illicit drug use and physical abuse, possibly even some of the old ultra-violence. I don't think that VAN is an appropriate area to keep that sort of thing, but I don't know if it qualifies for EX. Are there non-sexual guidelines for where to place a story?
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

Oniya

The board system is kind of geared to divide things by the type of sexual activities, although a story with lots of blood, guts, and gore would probably be best in [EX], regardless of sexual activity/character types/consensuality.  [Trivia - Dawn of the Dead was originally given an 'X' rating by the MPAA in 1979, but Romero worked around that by releasing it 'Unrated'.]

We also have a 'Members Only Non-Adult' board, which would keep out minor viewers, if that sounds like it might fit your needs.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

If you use the 'Members Only Non-Adult' board you can label the header as a warning to readers, 'RP Name' [Violence].

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin