The Haunted House - Still recruiting.

Started by Chrystal, October 03, 2015, 08:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

The Haunted House

Okay sooooo..... With Halloween fast approaching, I figured it was time to do a nice spooky ghost story!

The game will go in Extreme and is open to players of either or no gender and any orientation. I think that in the interests of realism, I am going to say NO to Futa, and other trans-gender characters, on the grounds that the average group of highschool kids is composed of males and females and NOT shemales and dick-girls. Sorry.

Also, as explained in a post further down, I would very much prefer it if people could play their own gender. That is, Lords play male characters and Ladies play female characters. Lieges may play characters of either gender. If this is a deal-breaker for you, then perhaps you should consider asking to become a liege? That is what the category is there for, after all!

So, what's the story?

Well, it's you basic Halloween dare. A group of kids aged 16-19 are being dared to spend a night in a haunted house. Pretty cliché, huh?

Well, yes, but it's cliché stuff that is the most fun, a lot of the time.

They are doing it to raise money for charity, partly, but mostly to prove that actually there isn't anything to be scared of.

So what is going to happen?

You need to ask? LOL. Well, okay, so I'm expecting there to be the occasional smutty scene between the characters, I expect there might be drama and arguments too... But then the weird stuff will start to happen... People will disappear (If no-one drops out, then it will be NPCs who vanish, but I doubt there will be no drop outs, that never happens), the building itself will change...

And there might even be all sorts of strange monsters and weird creatures that come out of the woodwork and ... do stuff to the occupants.

Because yes, this house IS haunted.

What kind of characters are needed?

Teenagers from sixteen up, male and female (only). Can be any orientation, any size any shape. They can have pre-existing relationships (you will need to discuss that amongst yourselves), they can be total strangers. It would be nice to have a jock, a nerd, a cheerleader and a geek-girl, at least one of each.

I would expect that the majority of the characters don't believe in ghosts and monsters. I would like there to be perhaps one or two religious characters, maybe one or two characters who are Goth and totally into Wicca, the rest should just be normal high-school kids.

I'm not placing any upper limit on the number of players, but I would be rather surprised if it got above 15.

I will be limiting players to a maximum of TWO characters each.

What is the GM's role going to be?

Well for starters, I will be playing all the ghosts, ghoulies, creatures, monsters and things that go BUMP in the night, as well as playing the house itself!

IF I don't get enough people interested in this, I will also play a few NPC characters to round out the group and provide material for the disappearances.

Regardless of this, I will have one GM character, who will NOT necessarily be the "leader" of the group, unless the group elect her as such, but will be there solely to set an example of the sort of behaviour I expect from player characters.

I will also be moving time forwards every so often.

How will drop-outs and new players be handled?

As indicated above, players who drop out after the game has started will simply vanish! One moment you will be talking to them, you look away and they are gone. Players who drop out after posting once, before things really get going, will be assumed to have chickened out!

"BWWWAAAK-BWOK-BWOK!"

Yeah, go on, you yellow belly mommas boys and girls! Run home to mommy!

Uhhuh... That. IF you don't want to be called chicken, then don't join up, post once and drop out!

New players will be able to join the game at any time up until Midnight game time. At first this will be by simply having been there all along (during the first hour). After this they can arrive at the haunted house through the front door and wander in looking for everyone else.

How much smutt is allowed/expected?

As much as you feel comfortable with in a haunted house. Pairing up is allowed, although it will be actively discouraged IC by GM events.

Uh, yeah, about that... Your GM is an evil bitch. So don't expect a sex scene to go uninterrupted!

Posting Policy:

Please try to post at least once a week. If you can't please let me know, so that I don't "disappear" your character. Please post at least three decent sized paragraphs of between 150 to 200 words each. Players may use whatever tense and person they feel most comfortable with. Most people tend to use third person past, but if you wish to use first person and/or present tense, I won't mind.

IC posts will have a uniform header that will detail where the character is, who they are with and whether there is any extreme content.

What about "when"? How will time move forward?

I will periodically post that the old grandfather clock chimes the hour. This will not happen at regular intervals, but will happen when I feel like moving things forward. EVERYONE will be at the same hour, regardless of the number of posts you have made. Note that this is a supernatural game and so time is quite fluid. Your character is actually allowed to think that only five minutes have passed since the clock last struck the hour, and you may post as such! Equally, you might have had your character do two hours worth of exploring, ghost-hunting, or struggling to escape from a monster, and be surprised that it's only been one hour!

Please note that in this way, people can post at their own pace and not cause continuity problems with other players, because there IS no continuity!

How much freedom is there for players to define the setting?

Players will be allowed to create minor details like the décor of a particular room, the furniture in it, the view from the window... For example. However, the overall layout of the house will be defined by myself (and may actually change during the course of the game). Equally, there may be specific items in a room that I will place there. These may or may not be important to the game, but if I put an item in a room as GM, I do so with a reason. (Note that the reason may be to distract you from something else!)

What about exclusively dominant players?

At first glance it does seem a bit like this game is for subs and switches only. But no, if you only ever play dominant characters but still want to play, there is a solution. I'm not going to say publicly what it is, but if you PM me, I will discuss it with you.

So what now?

If you are interested in this, please indicate as much in the usual way by posting in this thread. If I get enough interest, additional info will start to appear in the reserved posts below.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

RULES OF PLAY

These are my standard OOC rules of play for group games. I put them in every group game I run, usually with minor variations to suit the specific setting. I like to think there is nothing draconian or unacceptable here, and I ask all players to read them. Submitting a character sheet to me implies that you have read and are in agreement with these rules.

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH SOMETHING HERE, PLEASE TELL ME!

All rules except two are negotiable!

Ghostly Guidance

This is a GM directed roleplay with sandbox elements. What that means is that I as GM provide you the players with an environment to have fun in, and will throw events at you. How you react to those events is up to you. The sandbox elements are basically that not every event will affect every player necessarily, and so other players will need to keep themselves busy. Also, there could be significant time periods between events, during which players will be free to explore the house, engage in smutt and/or keep their characters occupied in whatever ways they see fit!

RULES:

• The GM's word is law. This does not mean I'm not open to discussion, but if it comes to an impasse, if a decision needs to be made, or a discussion is getting out of bounds, I will render a decision that I expect to be abided by. I will do this based upon context.
  • Respect other players ons and more importantly, their offs! This is NOT negotiable. Ons and offs are there for a reason. If you feel someone has broken this rule, please PM them first to talk about it. If they will not change their post, then contact me via PM and I will deal with it. Please note that persistently ignoring another players O/Os is grounds for reporting to staff!
  • Try to post at least once a week. If you know you will be unable to post for a while please let us know in advance in the OOC. it is a good idea to create an Apologies/Absences (A/A) thread so everyone you are RPing with knows where you've gone. Players who fail to post for a considerable length of time will have their characters removed by disappearance
  • If you know you are going to be away for a considerable time (more than a week) please bring any story-arcs you are involved in to a conclusion, or extract your character from them. If you inform me you will be away, I will not kill off your character!
  • If you find your character is sitting around doing nothing, post something to the OOC, or PM me. If you wait for someone to interact with you, you will wait a long time. Let me know and I will create an event for you.
  • If you have any questions about anything in the game, ASK! The only stupid questions are "how many beans make five" and ones that aren't asked!
  • The OOC-Chat thread will be for people to chat. I have no problems with you guys discussing the latest football results if you wish, (although I'd rather you didn't as I don't like football), because it means you are getting on as a group. Use that thread as you see fit, but please give priority to game related discussion.
  • Please tag all IC posts using the code that will be supplied, editing the details as appropriate. This will enable other players and myself to track where everyone is.
  • There is no rule 9.
  • Players who drop out of the game will have their character either disappeared or, during the first hour of game time, "chickened out". If this is unacceptable to you, don't drop out of the game.
  • Please try to post a minimum of 300 words per post. If you post short once in a while, that isn't going to be a problem, but doing so consistently will draw my attention and I will ask you to expand your posts. If the player you are responding to has not given you enough material to write a decent length post from, PM them and ask them to expand their post.
  • God-Moding is a big no-no, but in a n/c game a certain amount of "moving the story on" needs to be expected. If you feel you have been god-moded, talk it over by PM, and if you cannot reach a satisfactory solution, bring it to me.
  • Actions have consequences! If your post has been replied to, it has become canon. Please do not edit it without permission.
  • HAVE FUN! This too is non-negotiable. If you aren't having fun, I would like to know why, so I can change whatever it is that is stopping you having fun!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Chrystal

Character Creation

These are the rules for character creation. Submission of a character sheet implies you have read the rules above, and these rules and are in agreement with them.

Please PM all character sheets to Chrystal. Do not post them here.

A maximum of two characters per player.

All characters must be between sixteen and nineteen.

Please create characters of the same gender as yourself unless you are a liege. - Ladies female, Lords male, lieges either.

Characters must be male or female, because that is the norm in your average high school.

I reserve the right to reject any character without giving a reason. However, I will usually try to give a reason, and further I will usually suggest ways in which the character may be made acceptable.

Possible reasons for characters being rejected:

• Non male/female and/or non-human characters
  • Over-powered characters
  • Mary-Sue characters
  • Unrealistically proportioned characters
  • Characters that don't fit the overall scenario
  • Characters that are clearly designed to disrupt
  • Incomplete, modified or incorrectly filled in character sheets

The Character Sheet

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]Place Image URL Here[/img][/float]
[b]Player ID:[/b] Your Login ID

[b]Name:[/b] The name of your character

[b]Age:[/b] min 16, max 19

[b]Sexuality:[/b] This is your character's preference, not necessarily yours

[b]Height:[/b] How tall are they?

[b]Weight:[/b] How much do they weigh?

[b]Appearance:[/b] Please detail anything not obvious from the image, such as build, distinguishing marks, eye colour, hair colour, etc.

[b]Skills:[/b] What are they good at in school?

[b]Weaknesses:[/b] What are they bad at?

[b]Likes:[/b] What makes them go Mmmmm!

[b]Dislikes:[/b] What makes them go Agggh!

[b]Personality:[/b] What are they like, how do they relate to others, what pushes their buttons? At least one decent sized paragraph please.

[b]Reason:[/b] Why are they wanting to spend halloween in a haunted house? At least one decent sized paragraph please.

[b]Equipment:[/b] What have they brought with them (not counting their clothes)

[b]Player Ons and Offs:[/b] Either a link to your O/O page or prefs matrix, or a specific list for this game.

[b]Face Claim:[/b] If known

[b]Other:[/b] Anything else you think I've forgotten

[hr]

[b][u]The following section will be removed from the sheet before posting[/u][/b]

[b]Specific Player Offs:[/b] Please list here any of the activities that you [b][u]DON'T[/u][/b] want to happen to your character, from the list below.

Notes

Image: Please use a photograph rather than artwork. All models MUST be over 18, even if your character is 16 or 17. I also suggest saving the image to an image repository such as photobucket, or better yet, the wiki on this site, as this way you will not loose it if the original owner takes it down or blocks hotlinking. Please also create a face-only shot of the character for use in post headers.

Player ID: Your Login ID. For some reason, some people do have difficulty with this! It is the name that appears next to all your posts, above the badge saying if you are a lord, lady or liege.

Name: The name of your character. NOT your name. I will reject characters that have the same name as the player!

Sexuality: Your character can be whatever sexuality you wish. Gay, straight, bisexual, omnisexual, pansexual, asexual. You may also specify if the character is dom(me), sub or switch if you wish. This is the character's orientation however, and while it is most likely to be the same as your own, there is no reason why it needs to be.

Height: Please be realistic. No giants or dwarfs please.

Weight: Again, please be realistic. This chart is useful.

Appearance: A written summary of what is in the image is always good, but anything like tattoos, piercings, scars etc should be detailed here. Also if the eye colour, hair colour or build are not obvious please state them here.

Skills: What sort of things is the character good at? Note that this is not in any way related to spending a night in a haunted house.

Weaknesses: If you say "nothing", your character will be rejected out of hand! Please list at least three things, preferably more, that the character is bad at.

Dislikes: Please list at least five dislikes.

Personality: A "decent size" paragraph would be about the same as I have written under "Image", above.

Reason: Why are they here? This can be anything from wanting to prove that ghosts don't exist to wanting to raise money for charity, via not wanting to appear chicken and wanting to impress one of the others... Please be as original as you like, but try not to make it too far fetched.

Equipment: What sort of things do you think you will need? A sleeping bag and a torch/flashlight or lantern would be obvious. A pocket knife might come in handy. A foam mattress or airbed? Water? Food? Perhaps you might want a foot pump to blow that airbed up with? Anything else? A bag to put it all in? The limit is what I think your character could reasonably carry!

NOTE: Guns, machettes, axes, tasers and any other obvious weapons are NOT allowed. I might allow pepper spray if you tell me why you think you might need it.

Player Ons and Offs: This is mandatory. Saying to me that you are "up for anything" is not good enough. Everyone has a limit, and if you have stated you are "up for anything", and someone reaches your limit, that is a recipe for disaster.

Face Claim: If you know the name of the person who's photo you are using, please say who it is so I can make sure we don't get duplicates, unless anyone is planning on making twins!

Other: No one is perfect, least of all me, so if there is anything else you want to include, please put it here.

Specific Player Offs:

Okay, please read this carefully, because I will type it only once.

Things are going to happen to the characters. Kinky things, obviously. Now, I am aware that some players may be put off by different kinks. So I am going to list some "generic categories" of things that MIGHT happen to the characters. If you read down this list and think "Oh, no, I don't like the sound of that", then put the number of that item in the relevant section of your character sheet.

If everyone says they don't like a specific category, then that category will NOT happen. However, the converse is not true. Just because something is listed below doesn't mean it WILL happen, it just means it might!

Please note that none of the events listed will cause permanent harm to the character, UNLESS you drop out at that moment!

If you are a strictly dominant player and do not want any of the below events to befall your character, please send me a PM.

To maintain an air of mystery, this section will be removed from the character sheet before I post it.

The List

• General Bondage - straps, ropes, cages etc.
  • Rape by male ghost
  • Rape by female ghost
  • Rape by tentacle monster
  • Oviposition
  • Smothered in regular sized insects/arachnids
  • Covered in large (6"+) insects/arachnids
  • Raped by giant insects/arachnids
  • Snakes
  • Engulfed by formless blob
  • Covered in living slime
  • Raped by animated plant
  • Attacked by vampire
  • Forced homosexuality
  • Forced heterosexuality
  • Humiliation in front of the others

ALL CHARACTER SHEETS ARE TO BE PMED TO THE GM FOR APPROVAL.

I will post them to the approved characters thread. Thanks,

Chrystal

THREADS

Recruitment - This thread
Approved Characters
OOC Thread

Chrystal

Not reserved, feel free to post here!

Nymphadora

Oh Chrystal! Why do you do these things to me?!   :-*

I love this idea!

I even think I'd play that awkward chubby girl who is there as a way to prove herself to a couple of the cooler kids.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Chrystal

Because I'm an evil bitch?

*snigger*

Funnily enough I was inspired to create this thread by posting an idea I am possibly looking to revive to my 3-4 player group thread!

Oh and that is one of the trope characters I was hoping to see!

Nymphadora

Evil genius!

This has really inspired the character idea to bloom. I can see her fawning shyly over the hot Jock or maybe the gorgeous cheerleader...
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Chrystal

Heh, that sounds interesting!

WhatLiesAbove

It sounds super interesting!

Being married to a Pagan, I'd like to play the gothy-Wicca type. Can we play opposite our actual gender? Or do we need to play our gender?

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Chrystal

Quote from: WhatLiesAbove on October 03, 2015, 12:53:10 PM
It sounds super interesting!

Being married to a Pagan, I'd like to play the gothy-Wicca type. Can we play opposite our actual gender? Or do we need to play our gender?

This is always a tough question for me. My personal preference is that people play their own gender. However I am aware that there are male players who are more comfortable playing female characters and female players more comfortable playing males. The fact that this is what the Liege gender is for is neither here nor there....

So, on the one hand, I want to make this game as open and inclusive as possible, while on the other I am aware that there are people like myself who are put off by cross-gender characters.

There is also the other aspect: I have had more than one group game killed off by the fact that most of the female characters were being played by male players. The male players playing male characters refused to partner them, the female players playing female characters refused to partner them, and so the game died.

So, on this basis I am going to say that I would very much prefer that people play their own gender, please, and if this is a deal breaker for you, then perhaps you ask to have your gender changed to liege?

Lieges may play either gender!

Beguile's Mistress

I'd love to join in if I can swing it, maybe playing the studious nerdy girl who is a goody two-shoes and the perfect target for the "bad" kids.

Chrystal

Hi BeMi. I'd love to have you. It's been a while since we were in a group together.

Beguile's Mistress

I'm looking forward to it. :-)

Chrystal

So,

I make the head count thus far:

Interested: 3 x f

Possibly interested: 2 x m

Plus me of course....

If I can get a couple more "interested", or a few more "possibles", I'll put a char sheet up.

Going to bed now. I'll see what happens overnight, which is Prime Time USA.

BeckyAnnn

Tentative interest though it looks like all the nerdy girl slots (my fav type of characters) might be taken.   :-\

Bekah Boo

Hmm I"ll throw my hat in the ring of being interested, I was thinking maybe an cold and tough exterior girl who thinks ghost stories are very childish?

Chrystal

Okay so where are all the boys?

Are they all chicken? Too scared to spend Halloween night in a haunted house?

*giggles*

No, actually there is something I thought of last night which might help... I'm going to put a character sheet up, but first I will make a small addition to the opening post.

RedEve

So interested in this, Chrystal!
Should have PMed me about this one, I have been wanting to play a good horror game forever.
I have even attempted at starting one or two myself in the past. :)

I think I would go for the fun-loving party girl, a bit ditsy, a member of the cheerleading squad.
In a classic horror movie trope, wouldn't mind if she is paired up with a (slightly) geeky boy and they have to survive together.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Okay, character sheet is up.

Please read the notes carefully, because there is a rather complicated bit at the bottom.

Any STRICTLY DOMINANT players who want to join in, please send me a PM.

Hi Eve, I generally don't PM my ideas to people unless they are invite only! Glad to have you though.

Becky, dear, there's no reason we can't have more than one geeky girl. There are plenty of different types of geek.

Bekah, sounds good.... (Hmm, that isn't going to get confusing is it? Becky and Bekah? LOL)

Izaya Orihara

Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

LaCroix

Putting myself down as interesting and working on a character concept.
Mickey Mouse's birthday being announced on the television news as if it were an actual event! I don't give a shit! If I cared about Mickey Mouse's birthday I would have memorized it years ago! And I'd send him a card, 'Dear Mickey, Happy Birthday, Love George'. I don't do that, why, don't give a shit! Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it!

RedEve

Sent you my CS, Chrystal. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Chrystal

Cool...

Eve, as per PM, your character is approved subject to the two points mentioned.

I'll open a thread to put the characters in.