Help me break out of my mold.

Started by ZK, January 10, 2007, 10:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hi all, a lot of you know me, but don't -know- me when it comes to gaming...and I honestly need to get out of that. Lately, I've kept myself mainly to Lirliel [which is rather foolish as she obviously does not to me] and I need to branch out and get to know the people who play here. I've been nothing but a board moderator and I no longer want to be simply known as a board moderator. I know, many things in the past have kept me from even starting my games, but I believe this year is a good year. A good year for change. So please, anyone out there want to help me break from my mold and branch out? I have a large list of kinks that seem to...I don't know, get dusty due to no usage at all?
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

alahendra

I sent you a PM a while back, about starting our drow game back up?  Did you get it? 
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

ZK

We can do that...but I also want to play with someone I never have, ever on here.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

There's at least a couple of new games kicking off. Have you considered one of those? Or were you looking just a 1 on 1 thing to start with?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ZK

I prefer one on ones to get to know people first, call it an experiement. As for games, I tend to end up sticking to system games instead of freeform as a player.

Elvi

There's a game of ours mouldering away somewhere...hardly started and it had such promise......*sighs*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

MagicalPen

Hey ZK

If you dont mind a slower paced 1-on-1, i could be up for a game with you.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Silkcat

Quote from: Z.K. on January 10, 2007, 10:18:58 AM
I prefer one on ones to get to know people first, call it an experiement. As for games, I tend to end up sticking to system games instead of freeform as a player.

I've been meaning to look around for a system-type game.  In the past I've though systems were a better idea for multiplayer while I used freeform for one-on-ones.  I've been hesitant about D&D and GUCK, just since while I'm familiar with D&D 3.5 I'm not familiar with GUCK, much less what tweaking the 3.0-designed GUCK might need with 3.5.  On the other side of the system gauntlet, I though the Big Eyes, Small Waist sounded interesting.

Plus there's any other "normal" system that's used for most of the resolution with sex being merely something else that happened.  Sometimes I wonder if its wise to even bother using a system that has explicit sex rules, and should just use a normal system (like D&D) and when sexually charged scenes happen they happen.

Anyway, enough rambling.  Were there particular kinks you wanted to dust off?
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

ZK

I don't mind a slower paced 1 on 1, but expect larger posts that way. ^^ as for the system, I need to play in one system before I actually start hosting my own. Not to spread my areas thin, but I hope I can keep all my play styles in moderation. For slower paced games, I'd like to have 1 or 2 days set for posting. :)

Muse

Are you still going to Exalted with us, Z.K.?  I was looking forewards to having you.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ZK

Since I seen what was being played, I have to rethink my play...as for others curious about my Artesia game, I need help in it, basically ideas...since all my original ones were destroyed when my HDD crashed. :(

MagicalPen

Well, i prefer to play in Freeform as i dont know any systems. I have been sheltered from them, during my short life span, and can honeslty say i've never played a table-top game. Board games yes, but not systems. If you're ok with doing a FreeForm game, let me know.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

PhoenixBlaze

I put a topic of general idea's in player's wanted a few days ago, check it out and let me know something.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4449.0

In this world, there are things you want, people you need, moments you remember, feelings you forget, but when it all boils down, all we need is love.

Lirliel

So that means not with me anymore ZK? *Grins*

Couldn't resist leaving that here :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Xerial

If you're up for something, I have alway enjoyed what I have seen of your posting, though scarcely been able to interact with you. Let me know either way, and we'll see what we can come up with.

MechanicalImpulses

If you'd be interested I would enjoy to get a game started with you.  I pretty much open to most ideas, too be truthful I find a good number of your kinks to be extremely appealling.  If you don't mind me being to forward.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8276.0 Ons and offs

Switch with heavy submissive tendencies.

I found my cattleprod!

Insaneiac The Maniac

I'd be more than willing to enjoy a 1 on 1 with you at, well, any pace you really feel like doing at that point. Slow or fast, light, medium or heavy...I'm good everyway. You could pretty much put...well...mostly anything past me and I'll take you up on it if you want. I'd also get a chance to branch out a bit too, so it is (hopefully) win-win.
I find it kind of funny...
I find it kind of sad...
The dreams in which I'm dying...
...they're the best I've ever had.

ZK

Wow, now that is a large amount of players. ^^

Xerial

But how to stand out amongst them?  ???

Insaneiac The Maniac

Ah yes, the very quintessential question indeed has finally reared its face. Standing out amongst the men and women that came. Is there really a need to, seeing as how it does not seem that the number of people willing to help has to be set, or should that mean there is an even greater need to? This truly boggles the mind. Who doth thine thread creator choose to bear with her in the art of role play?

And if that don't convince, I know I have a twenty in my back pocket somewhere, and nothing says "love me" like an under-the-table-through-the-internet bribe.  ;D
I find it kind of funny...
I find it kind of sad...
The dreams in which I'm dying...
...they're the best I've ever had.