News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

(ORP) Peace and Quiet and a little bit of trouble.

Started by Rozel, August 28, 2010, 07:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestar

She grasped his arm and together they walked back to the cabin.

Roz disappeared into the building while he went to work building a fire. He searched around the cabin for fuel and starting supplies. He quickly found a small stack of dried logs on the porch and gathered them up. Walking back to the fire-pit he placed the logs neatly beside it. He stood up and walked inside looking for anything that could be used for tinder. He rummaged about finding bits of newsprint and also discovered a box of matches.
He carried the tinder out to the fire-pit and deftly placed newsprint in the bottom some smaller kindling pieces next and a few good sized logs on top. He lit a match  and placed it by the paper....*How's it going?* he heard behind him and suddenly fwoosh! the fire took off catching the small kindling and then spreading to the logs. Eureka! he exclaimed and watched as the fire grew in size. He stood up and placed his hands outward in front of himself to feel the warmth. He strode over to where Rozel was and placed his arm around her waist and kissed her on the forehead. I did it...it took an act of Murphy....but, I did it he said to her as he admired the fire he created. So, do you need anymore help with dinner?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. ~George Carlin

Rozel

She chuckled at his expressions he uses, and shakes her head, giving him a quick nonchalant hug and turned to go get the grate for the fire. Coming back she handed it to him. If you can get that sorted, I would be really happy.. then went to get the vegetables. No, I am pretty good on everything.They would take longer than the fish would and them in a cast-iron pan would cook very quick.

I thought I saw a radio in the closet. You want to try to see if we can get anything tuned in? She smiled as she carried the items out to the fire and set them upon the grate. Turning back to him she smiled. What do you want to do after supper?

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

Lonestar

The fire was burning nicely and the fish sizzling just right. Lonestar was admiring the accomplished fire as it worked at cooking their meal of fish. Lonestar ventured into the cabin to get the radio from the closet. The scene was one of memory for sure. If you had been outside of the cabin at that moment like Roz was.....and did not know that it was him inside then you would almost automatically assume there was some kind of commotion going on. This is what it sounded like.
Give me that radio!
Oh no you don't
Wait, put that down
what do you think you are going to do with that?
oh! there are two of you....well the more the merrier

Lonestar emerged from the cabin apparently victorious.
Did you know we have attack dust bunnies in there? He dusted himself off briskly. Big ones too!

Lonestar set to work finding batteries for the radio which he was fortunate Roz had packed because he did not think of batteries and after putting them in set to work finding a radio station that would fit there needs.
He traveled up and down the dial and after sampling everything the area had to listen to chose a classic rock station that was playing LYNYRD SKYNYRD - Sweet Home Alabama and he thought was a good choice.

He listened to her question and a wry smile spread over his lips. Well, we have one of two choices. 1) we can venture down to the lakeside sit on a blanket and watch the sunset. He paused slightly looking at Roz with a wink in his eye. Or we can stay up here and dance around to this lovely music he waited for Roz to respond as the next song began Rock N' Roll All Night ( Good Quality ) - Kiss

Rozel

Looking over her shoulder as she cooked, she shook her head at him and laughed lightly. You should have seen the cob webs.. I think the dust bunnies put the daddy long legs up to helping in keeping the place a little on the creepy side. she smiled as he tuned in the radio.

She though about his suggestion. Yeah, lets watch the sunset. It has been ages since we have done that. She looked up into the sky. From the looks of it, it will not be too long until it starts setting.. Things on the grill were about done anyhow. She flipped the fish and messed with the other foods until done. Hey, would you mind grabbing me that plate from the table in there? These fish are ready and only a couple more minutes for the other things to come off. She suddenly realized how hungry she really was.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.

Lonestar

Dust bunnies from hell he murmured as he was listening to the music. The aroma emanating from the grill was intoxicating in itself. Finely grilled fish and veggies.

He turned toward her as she spoke. Sure I can grab the plate for you Roz He walked over to the table and picked up the plate in question and brought it to her. Say, did you want to take our plates down to the lakeside as we watch the sunset?

Rozel

Pulling the food off she heard him ask her about eating at the lake. She then smiled up at him, handing him back the plate with the cooked fish upon it, and taking up the other items in hand. That sounds nice. Lets dish up here, grab a blanket and head down. She stood and turned to walk into the cabin, but on passing, she stole a kiss.

Inside she set the food upon the counter, and pulled out some paper plates and began dishing up his and her plates, but waited for him to set the fish down as she looked around for some plastic forks that she had brought with. She was glad to finally be getting something good to eat. Her stomach growled in agreement as she did so. As she remembered where she a put them, in the pantry cupboard, of all places, she asked if he wanted anything to drink. There was beer in the cooler, or soda in the fridge, or water from the well. She turned to him as she asked, pausing until she had an answer. You want anything to drink?

Lonestar

He took the plate from Roz as she walked by carrying the other items and stealing a kiss from him. He put the fish down and touched the spot of his lips where she had kissed him and thought he could almost taste strawberries.  I like the idea of getting a blanket too he added.

He stood in the doorway already having grabbed a blanket and heard her ask him if he wanted a drink. I'll take a cold soda he remarked and held his arm aloft for her to take so that they could walk down to the lake shore together.

Rozel

Grabbing a soda, she tucked it under her arm and picked up the two plates. Walking toward him she smiled as he held out his arm to her but she was unable to take it as her hands were full and she did not want to drop the plates. You lead the way. She smiled, following him out the door and off of the porch. The sky was still bright but the sun was dipping down. Hopefully they would get to see a beautiful sunset, ensuring that tomorrow they would have clear skies.

As they walked, she looked out over the lake. The water was calm and reflecting as it showed a mirror image of the shoreline and sky. Breathtaking.. Wha...oohwhoa! Her foot landed upon a stick in the grass, and she felt her ankle roll in an unusual way, then slip out from beneath her. OooF! The wind whooshed out of her as she landed on her backside. Unbelievably, she landed in a way that the plates had not lost a morsel. But her be-hind ached as well as her ankle throbbed.

She sat there a moment in shock at what had just happened. One leg folded back, partially under her the other straight forward.

Lonestar

They walked along seemingly together toward the lakeshore. The early evening sun had finished its trip across the sky and began to dip down. He was slightly ahead of her by a few paces.

He heard her yelp and turned to find Roz crumpled on the ground with one leg folded back behind her. Oh my Lord! He threw the blanket down and went to her and took the two plates amazed that both still had their contents. He put the plates down on the blanket and went back to help to her feet. He supported her gingerly over to the embankment so she could sit down.

He returned to the blanket and meals picked up the two plates and brought them over to where Roz was and placed them down. He then returned for the blanket and brought it over to her as well and sat beside her. Why don't you put your leg up on my lap and I'll rub it all better? he asked her

Rozel

Aww, thanks.. I wasn't watching where I was going. she said as he helped her up and over to set. She smiled as he suggested that he rub her foot. She agreed and fed him and herself as they watched the sky. Remind me why one watches again where they are going, rather than rubbernecking to see something they shouldn't be trying to while they are otherwise doing something else? She chuckled, but knew that the foot would be a bit better in a day or so.

It is so quiet and peaceful out here. She commented, the sky turning colorful shades of red and purple. She then realized she had picked up his soda before she was helped to her feet.. Oh, here is your soda. It might be a bit flat now... she grimaced a little. Oh and I was thinking about a smore or two for dessert later. What do you think? Little bit of chocolate... graham crackers and marshmallow??  You game?? She teased, pretty much knowing that it would be a hit.

Lonestar

He glanced over at her with a puzzled look on his face. What did you say Master Yoda? her asked trying to decipher what she had said about not paying attention to where she was walking. The meal was awesome and being fed by Roz while he rubbed her foot was also amazing.

The setting sun had begun its descent and it was about an hour or so before it would be dark. His mind drifted to the thoughts of chocolaty melty marshmallowly goodness that s'mores represented. Yes! S'mores would be awesome he said would you like for me to go and get the stuff and bring it back here? he asked

Rozel

She chuckled at the Yoda Reference and shook her head lightly. No, I think I would like to get back inside.. maybe take an aspirin or two for this ankle. But that doesn't mean we can not do smores inside. She smiled at him, hoping that it didn't damper the mood any. She clamored to her feet, taking the plates with her she limped up to the house.. but as she went, she tossed back over her shoulder...Then I say you let me woop you at at game of Cribbage! She laughed and tried her best to quicken her pace to the cabin.

Lonestar

He really wanted to the s'mores out of doors but knew that she had to be in pain the way she grimaced when she was limping up the path. Yeah that is fine with me he said to her as she passed.

He followed her closely up the trail to the cabin and when she suggested that he allow her to whoop him at cribbage he chuckled lightly. Well, I'll get the s'mores ready and if you can will you please get the crib board ready?

He busied himself in the kitchen breaking some Hershey bars and graham crackers in half and finding the large marshmallows and some roasting sticks. He carried it all over to the fire place and placed everything down. He took a small pile of kindling wood and some tinder and lit it all ablaze with a match he struck on the fireplace.  What kind of smelty ooey gooey godness did you need for your S'mores Roz? he asked while waiting for a full fledged fire.

Rozel

She nodded at his request. Sure can, she said as she made her way over to her bag. Digging through all her things for entertainment, she came across a small cribbage board. Pulling it out along with the deck of cards, she moved over to the table and set things up, waiting for their treat while shuffling the cards multiple times.

Did you want anything to drink? She asks for the second time this evening. Not really waiting, as she wants something anyhow, she hobbles over to the fridge and takes out a bottle of water for herself, but looks over her shoulder waiting for his reply.

Lonestar

The fire is roaring nicely giving off enough heat to make him sweat just a bit. Yes please he answered, A cold beer would be great.

He placed several graham cracker halves onto the plate and placed small lengths of chocolate bar onto each one. He then took a roasting stick he had found on the trail during the walk back and stuck two marshmallows on the end and stuck it into the open flame for a few seconds until the marshmallows were gooey. He placed the gooey mass onto a bar of chocolate and placed a half of a graham on top smooshing it together. He repeated the process until all eight s'more sandwiches had been made.

He took up the plate and walked over to the table where she had set up the board and waited for her there calling over to her You didn't stack the deck did you? and he chuckled knowing that she would not cheat at any costs.

Rozel

Taking up a beer, she took herself over to the table and sat. Opening the beer, she placed it on his side of the table and the bottle of water, she opened and took a long drink from. It was ice cold, taking her breath away. Re-capping it, she shuffled the cards further. Further and further she shuffled.

When he approached with the treats and asked about her stacking the deck, she only smiled. I guess you will have to sit and find out. Her smile was playful. Her aim was to beat him, but it wouldn't be that way.

Lonestar

He mock smiled at her with his tongue sticking out. He knew she would never stoop to cheating. He put the tray down onto the table where they both could reach warm smelty goodness that was the s'more.

He watched her as she skilfully shuffled the cards and dealt them out. He picked up a small s'more and let the smelty goodness fill his mouth. Once he had his six cards he began adding up available points.

"Help yourself to a s'more Roz...they are great!" he said to her as she appeared to be examining her cards.

Rozel

She stuck her tongue out at him back in reply, then chuckled softly. Mmm those smell good. The chocolatey goodness that wafted in the air made her mouth water. When he settled into his seat she lifted her foot upon his lap, and grinned at him, hinting for him to pay the ankle a little attention here and there.

Dealing out the cards, she was cocky in taking the first crib, not even offering for them to split for it, but he seemed to pay no mind.. Yes, she grinned to herself.. the chocolate distracted him from noticing! She giggled inwardly as the hand began. He tossed her two and she placed two cards face down upon the ones he tossed away and it began.

His offer of one of the treats she was glad for. Taking up one she set it before her. Thanks. Your go. She said as she would have normally. Taking a small bite of the treat she savored it, then took a sip of her water.

Lonestar

He watched her deal out the cards not even cutting for deal. He did not mind that too much as she usually wound up winning the crib anyways. He felt her foot land on his lap and then a smile from her told him what she was needing. He was too busy enjoying the chocolate treat to even care.

He threw 2 cards to her kitty and waited for her to toss away her two. He began to lightly rub her ankle hoping that it would make her feel better. I hope you like the S'mores? He gently rubbed her foot all over paying extra close extra gentle attention to her ankle. How does that feel? he asked I hope this foot rub helps take the swelling down.

He heard her say it was his go. Before we can start we have to cut the deck he said as he picked up the top half of the cards.

Rozel

She smiled at his question.. Yeah, they are alright. They would be so much better without the marshmallow. She chuckled, knowing that without the marshmallow, they wouldn't be s'mores anymore. As he rubbed her ankle, she noticed that it did help some. That does feel good, thanks. Me too, though I am sure I probably should have packed it in some ice for a bit.

Reaching over, she cut the deck. A 4 of Spades cut up. Oh well that helped. She pretended to smile. She knew with the right combination of cards that 4 could be a good thing. It was lucky for her, the card didn't help her one Ioda.

Lonestar

He continued to rub her ankle paying close attention to where it was swollen as to not make it worse. Yeah without marshmallow they'd be called s'meres he chuckled lightly at his crude attempt at humor.

The deck was cut and Roz drew a 4 of spades and placed it on top. He grimaced at the 4 as it was of no use to him. He delightfully played a 9 of clubs. 9 he said.

He waited for Roz to survey her cards and make her selection. She was an awesome crib player and figuring all the games of cribbage they had played together they were about even. He watched to see if she would furrow her brow...he loved watching that as it told him that she was deep in thought about something. He did not care of what she was thinking but when she furrowed her brow it drove him wild with desire.

Rozel

S'meres?  That almost sounds kinda gross.  She laughed. To his nine she played a Jack. 19. She did her normal dote-dee-doh look. She really enjoyed playing cribbage, but was not one to care whether she won or not. Half the time it all played out it was luck anyways. Though she did consider herself a pretty good pegger.

She looked across at him awaiting for his play.

Lonestar

I know it does sound totally awful doesn't it. He agreed with her as she played down a jack onto his nine.  He shuffled through his cards looking for a good one to play.This was hard to do as his cards were shit. 27 he said as he played an 8 onto his 9.

He stared over at Roz trying to penetrate into her body and mind and soul...trying to see the reflection of her cards in the window.

Rozel

As she waited for him to take his turn, she watched as he seemed to think a little longer than usual, then took a nibble of her treat. Not bad. You did pretty good with these. I will make a chef out of you yet. She grinned.

When he laid down an 8, she pulled out a 2. 29.  She looked to him waiting to see if it was a go or not.

Lonestar

He looked at her with a puzzled expression on his face. I thought I was a good chef already he said with a slight frown. He looked down at the card count. 29? that is a go he said as he surveyed his cards. He waited for Roz to take her point and then played an 8 on the table. 8 he announced as he played the card.

He so enjoyed playing cards with Roz. It was fun because whether he won or lost it did not matter because playing with her was fun!