News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gotham AU: Sandbox

Started by Batman4560, April 20, 2015, 02:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

What this is?: In the past I have attempted group games set in Gotham with a mixed degree of success, I think the problem was trying to set in stone a story line for everyone to sort of follow. So that being said, this story is completely sandbox. Think of it like this. If you are writing Nightwing, each of your posts are part of a "Nightwing comic." You tell the story of your character and his or her life in Gotham.

What does this mean?: With the approval of the GM (Me) you may tell any story you wish and may use any characters not being played.

What am I looking for?: A group of three (Min) to seven writers (Max) Not including myself to tell tales about characters in Gotham. Each writer is allowed two "main characters" Allowing for a total of 16 main characters. Each writer will tell a story based on their character in the form of "Issues" much like a comic would. No character may be killed off without the GM's approval (If an NPC) Or the writer of the characters approval. Each writer can write with others as they see fit and are in fact encouraged to "Cross over" from story to story.

Will there be a plot to follow?: Yes, your own made plot or if you would like, I (Playing Batman) Will always have a plot going on and will welcome anyone to join in that story.

Are you going to give us intro posts to get started?: No, each writer is responsible for figuring out a way for their characters to enter the world.

What characters are allowed?: Any character who calls their home Gotham. Meaning No Green Arrow or Black Canary. Nightwing, Red Hood, Deadshot, characters of that nature are all allowed.

How do I apply?: Express interest here and fill out the sheet that will be provided in the following post. Please don't make up your own sheet.

Where will this group be placed?: I'll put a poll up once I get some interest going and we will take a vote on that.

How young can my character be?: 18 at the least.

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=227789.0

So if anyone is interested please post here with an idea of who you would like to play. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Batman4560

Writers: 6 of 8

Characters being Played:

Batman- Batman4560

Catwoman- Sirian Eve

Nightwing- Twisted iN Tux

Killer Croc.- Juggtacular

Harvey Bullock- Urbanzorro

Black Mask- Urbanzorro

Jean-Paul Valley-  Juggtacular

Deadshot: Orange

Character sheet:

Name:

Alias:

Race:

Sex:

Orientation:

Height:

Weight:

Personal Effects:

Personality:

Extra:

Photo:

Brief Backround:

Batman4560

Here is an example of what your sheet should look like:

Character sheet: Batman4560

Name: Bruce Wayne

Alias: Batman

Race: American

Sex: Male

Orientation: Straight

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 210 lbs

Personal Effects: Resources of Wayne Enterprises, Batsuits, utility belt, various crime fighting gear, ect, ect.

Personality: Dark, brooding, secretive. This describes how Bruce truly is but on the surface he is friendly, and a bit silly to those who do not know him and what he does at night. As the Batman Bruce Wayne is the thing the criminals of Gotham fear...

Extra: Has a soft spot for strong women, most notably Catwoman and Talia.

Photo: (If your photo is large please put it in a spoiler.)

Brief Backround: (Just how they came to be who they are currently. Nothing to detailed.)

For as long as he could remember, Bruce Wayne had a normal childhood, or as normal of a childhood as the son of a billionaire could have. He had friends, a loving family, was good in school and the world seemed to be his for the taking. However all that changed when Bruce was eight years old. Walking out of "The Mark of Zorro" with his parents, the Wayne Family was confronted by a thug. At the time Bruce and his parents didn't know the man's name was Joe Chill but that was the least of their worries. Joe brandished a gun and demanded Martha Wayne's pearls, When Thomas tried to step in front of the gun Joe killed both of Bruce's parents and left Bruce with the bodies.

A now mentally unstable Bruce dropped to his knees and watched the life fade from his parent's eyes. At that moment Bruce swore to avenge his parents deaths and make sure that nobody else would ever have to live their lives without the ones they loved, even if it meant that Bruce would never have those same loved ones in his life.

VonDoom

Would Jason Blood be viable, since he's a Gotham resident? Or is The Demon too high powered for the scope of this game?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Batman4560

Jason Blood, the Demon as in the Demon who battles Morgan Lefaye and rhymes all the time?

VonDoom

Indeed. He's not traditionally associated with the Batman gallery, but he does live in Gotham in the modern days. Even showed up in Batwoman recently.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Batman4560

I'm not going to say you can't play him. But I will say that I don't know how many stories your going to be able to tell with him. However I did like him in the J.L. series. Maybe it would be best to write him as a secondary character aside from your first?

Sirian Eve

Ooo...Selina Kyle!!! I'm interested.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Batman4560

Interested is good, simply fill out a sheet. :)

Sirian Eve

Name: Selina Kyle

Alias: Catwoman

Race/Nationality: White American

Sex: Female

Orientation: Heterosexual

Height: 5'7

Weight: 133 lbs

Personal Effects: Cat-o-nine tails, bull whip, retractable claws, sharp stabbing weapons and guns on occasion.

Personality: Selina has many layers to her personality. Often leaving one to wonder just who exactly she really is. She walks her own path and can easily blurr the lines of right and wrong. She has an affinity for animals, especially cats.

Extra: She has an infatuation with Batman, but can't stand Bruce Wayne.

Photo: 

Brief Backround:

After the death of her parents, she was shipped from one foster home to the other until she decided to runaway. Growing up as street kid she literally ran away to join the circus where she learned acrobatics, contortions and many other skills under he guidance of the ringleader. After the circus disbanded she made her living as a thief and a name for herself as the years went on. Training from the best the streets had to offer she dubbed herself Catwoman and started taking on professional jobs in order to support herself and her indulgences.

Selina would often travel outside Gotham on various 'assignments' on behalf of Gothams elite crime bosses. She has had many run-ins with both the Bat and Nightwing that resulted in her imprisonment. Selina may be one of the best con-artist in the business because she's good at setting the stage. She is also a proven master of disguise, often donning wigs and costumes to appear that she is something other than what she is. However she does have her own moral code and that is to never harm the innocent.

Twisted iN Tux

I would like to claim Nightwing. I should have his sheet up in the next hour or so.

Top Cat

I'm not interested in playing this, but I'll absolutely support it.

Have some appropriate music. =^_^=
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Twisted iN Tux

Character sheet: Twisted iN Tux

Name: Richard John "Dick" Grayson

Alias: Formerly Robin, Currently Nightwing

Race: Caucasian Human from America

Sex: Male

Orientation: Bisexual

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 175 lbs

Personal Effects: As Dick: A GCPD Uniform and Patrol Car, as well as a Regulation Gun, Baton & Cuffs. As Alias: A Nightwing Suit w. Utility Belt and a Wingcycle, as well as an Assortment of Wing Dings, Eskrima Sticks & Batarangs 

Personality: Dick, as Nightwing, is like a kinder, gentler version of Batman. He's far more optimistic and willing to give people - even certain villains, such as Catwoman - a second and third chance, seeing the good in them at all times. He has a much more playful disposition, too, and isn't above cutting loose from time to time. That said, as a GCPD Officer, Dick comes off far more serious and unforgiving. Perhaps hiding behind a mask does help? 

Extra: Peak Physical Conditioning & Superior Intelligence, Strong Leadership & Intimidation Skills, Multilingual, Master Acrobat & Martial Artist, Proficient in Various Weapons and an Expert Marksman, Master Detective & Hacker, Skilled Driver & Tracker, Expert Escapologist & Strong-Willed.

Photos:

Brief Backround: Born and raised in the circus setting, Dick acquired and perfected many of his skills at an early age. Therefore, once his parents were brutally taken from him, it would seem almost a natural progression for the trained, athletic idealist to turn to a life of fighting crime. Under the tutelage and watchful eye of his new guardian, Bruce Wayne, he did just that as a companion of the man's alter-ego, Batman.

More a sibling than parental relationship, the two fought side by side for many years until Dick - now in his teens - would decide that he was old enough to go his own way. Shedding his somewhat childish Robin persona, Dick also decided that a normal life was what he wished to obtain, so he attended the Police Academy where he took top honors. Within a year, he was considered one of the GCPD's greatest assets.

However, even now, as he works within the swiftly-deteriorating, oft-corrupt city, he is coming to the realization that he can achieve more good within its shadows and behind a mask.

Batman4560

Catwoman and Nightwing are both approved.

One more and we can start getting the OOC up.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Batman4560 on April 20, 2015, 08:12:52 PM
Catwoman and Nightwing are both approved.

One more and we can start getting the OOC up.

Yay!

Batman4560

I'm just glad that Grayson is going to be more of a brother to Bruce than a son.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Batman4560 on April 20, 2015, 08:26:31 PM
I'm just glad that Grayson is going to be more of a brother to Bruce than a son.

Yeah. I thought the father/son relationship could've been a little off-putting for such a board.

Batman4560

I'm excited to get this going, literally had the idea at like 2 a.m.

Batman4560

Quote from: Top Cat on April 20, 2015, 03:31:29 PM
I'm not interested in playing this, but I'll absolutely support it.

Have some appropriate music. =^_^=

Hey thanks for the support! Your awesome!

Juggtacular

I'm wondering whether I should go for Red Hood or Azrael.

Batman4560

Juggtacular

-completely unevil cackle-

Life in Color

Dr. Pamela Isley and the Clown Princess of Crime spoken for.

Sheets to follow!

Batman4560

Sirian Eve

Now that was an interesting video...'

Yay!!! The gang is here!