News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Sir Wolfgang's Cravings (M for F)

Started by Sir Wolfgang, January 23, 2013, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Wolfgang

Hello there, and welcome to my brain. Don't mind the sports paraphenalia or files and files of useless trivia; you're here for story ideas!

This will be my regular story page; anytime I come up with something, be it a fully-fleshed out idea, a rough concept, or even a vague pairing or genre that I'm craving. Please, please, please take a moment and read my O/O's (Also here before you PM me, just to see if we're compatible partners.)  Also, if there's something that you're craving that's not on this list, feel free to PM me and pitch the idea. I'm perfectly happy to help you work through ideas, and would love to come up with something we both enjoy. I'm pretty flexible, even on my fully-formed ideas, so don't be afraid to PM me.

Fully-Thought Out Concepts:

To Find the Glory (Sci-Fi)

It’s 3269, and human society has expanded beyond what was previously thought to be possible. With colonies in 235 solar systems as far as 250 light years away, thanks to the creation of the FTL warp drive system, humanity’s presence in the galaxy and beyond can no longer be ignored, and has earned them a place in the Galactic Alliance, whose governing body resides in the Horsehead nebula, run by the Silbeen council. They’d even been granted a spot in the council, an honor typically reserved for races who had been part of the intergalactic community for much longer than the humans had.

In other words, things were looking up. That is, until they began expanding into unknown solar systems in previously unexplored parts of the galaxy. No one knew what was out there, even the long-time travelers like the Vorlan and the Crebians. At first, things went great; the first few colonies flourished and even found a new sentient race already living in the Persephone system, the Synalox.

But then came the move into the Hades Omega system. Admittedly, the mission was poorly planned; the leaders had no idea what planet they would settle on, or even which planets in the system were suited for life. But thanks to the state of the art crusier, known as the HISS Glory, the settlers would be able to scan the planets as they arrived to find the one best suited, and even terraform a small piece of the planet to better suit their needs.

Unfortunately, after a week of regular communication in transit to the system, all transmissions from the Glory had ceased. The signal from their tracking beacon died upon approach to the first known planet in the system, Nautilus Prime. Unable to make contact with the crew or locate the ship, the human leadership was terrified. They knew they would come under great scrutiny from the Silbeen Council for their approval of the mission, and while it was unlikely to cost them their spot in the ruling body, it certainly wasn’t going to win them any friends.

Connal Flynn (name negotiable) was a human detective, and a damned good one for the Silbeen Intergalactic Police Force. Stationed just outside of the Council’s hub system, he’d seen his fair share of action, and helped to break up one of the biggest slog cartels in the galaxy, which earned him a commendation and shiny medals from the Council, and a promotion to Primary investigator in the Silbeen Bureau of Investigation. He was a decent pilot, and quickly gained a reputation as a hotshot, one of the Bureau’s rising stars.

Even so, he was shocked to receive a call one day from the human ambassador to the council, telling him to meet him at his office immediately. He was being sent out on a secret mission, one that even the Council could know nothing about. He and another investigator, (your character), would be sent out on a mission to find the whereabouts of the HISS Glory, to that point the most advanced ship humanity had ever created, as well as to discover the fate of the colonists who were aboard.

Naturally, Connal accepts and the pair are off in a much smaller ship, the HISS Washington, which is also equipped with the planet scanning technology, which will allow them to find the hospitable planets, as well as figure out which of them, if any, are inhabited.

Unfortunately for the detective, he and his new partner immediately clash with one another. Can the pair figure out how  to work with one another to find out what happened to the missing colonists, and can they survive whatever it was that may have caused them to disappear?

Obviously, we’ll start at Nautilus prime, and work our way through the system. As for what will happen, if you’d like to plan that out beforehand, we can, but don’t have to. I'd be happy to break down Connal a bit for you, if that's what you'd like.

General Genres I'm Craving
-Western (Been jonesing for this for a while now)
-Sci-fi (Doctor Who is my big thing right now, but it doesn't have to be a specific show or series or book, just something you like and came up with)
-Mystery (If you pitch and are committed to a Sherlock Holmes plot, I'll love you forever, and if it's a female Holmes/male Watson (I'm Watson), I really truly will, but any mystery would tickle my fancy)
-Medieval
-Victorian Era
-Spy vs. Spy
-Vikings and Norse mythology. Not canon, necessarily, but something in that universe would be grand.
I'll be adding more to this as it comes to me, but like I said, if it's not here, ask! I bet we can come up with something good! 

Sir Wolfgang

It's been a little while, but I've got a couple more rough ideas that I'd love to get rolling on. These don't have any kind of coherent plot yet, or even a title, they're just bits and pieces, mostly:

-A sci-fi western type game, a bit like Firefly or Cowboy Bebop (or Trigun, I suppose). It's the early days of interstellar travel, and while the galactic center is very much under the control of the Galactic Council, the outer systems are largely on their own. Banditry is rampant, and most systems have been forced to use some sort of martial law or local police force to protect themselves and their settlers. I'm not sure where our characters would fit into this, or what the plot would be, but I'm game for anything here. Pitch me something and let's work it out.

-It's a fantasy type game, with all kinds of swordplay and magic. Two nations teeter on the brink of war. It comes to the attention of both kings that subversive forces have been at work in both kingdoms, trying to sew the seeds of chaos to descend on the land. In a last ditch effort to prevent the conflict from coming to a head, the kingdoms each send a knight to find the origins of the conflict. It's a bit like a detective story, and the plot and things are negotiable.

Let me know what you think!

Sir Wolfgang

Alright, one more while I'm at it. This one is REALLY rough, all I've got at this point is a scene, nothing else attached to it as of now.

He shouldn't be in this saloon. He knew it from the moment he walked in. Between his glasses, his hair and his clothes, he couldn't have stood out anymore from the group unless he was stark naked, and even that might have helped him fit in more. He felt every pair of eyes on him the second he entered, noticed the slight pause in the piano tune, even noticed the barkeep set down the glass he was polishing. Despite all that, he couldn't leave now; he'd be the laughingstock of town. He slunk towards the bar, narrowly avoiding one of the bandit-looking characters who got up quickly. Backing up, he felt himself bump into something soft and warm. It moved slightly, and a loud string of expletives came tumbling out.

"You fuckin' prairie dog shit," the man growled as he turned around. He was a mountain of a man, and the newcomer knew he had no chance in a fight. "You made me spill mah beer. C'mere!"

Suddenly, the newcomer saw stars, and felt searing pain in his ribs. He doubled over, but was pulled upright again as the man swung again. This one caught him under the chin and sent him tumbling back into a nearby table. Through his cracked frames, the newcomer could see the brute advancing again, and tried to scramble away, only to find that his legs had decided now was a perfect time to stop functioning. He opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out, and he knew, in that moment, he wouldn't survive this encounter.

He closed his eyes, and then heard the footsteps stop. He felt one more blow, and darkness flooded him. As he slipped fully into unconsciousness, he heard something surprising.

"Ah-Ah'm sorry, miss," the growling voice had suddenly become apologetic, "He spilled mah beer, ah lost mah head."

There was a scuffling sound, then a massive thud, and whatever happened next, the newcomer knew no more.

So, your character would be his savior in this scenario, and I have no idea who my character is or where I want it to go (somewhere with gunfights and outlaws would be epic, though). Feel free to PM me with ideas for this scene, or anything you've got; I'm open to pretty much anything.

Sir Wolfgang

Sir Wolfgang

A couple more random brain bits:

-He sat facing her in the cantina, hand wrapped tightly around the handle of the blaster than rested in his lap, just out of view under the table. His eyes darted nervously around the bar; this was a legal grey area at best, and downright illegal at worst, and the last thing he wanted was some local yokel cop, or worse, a council policeman poking their nose in where it didn't belong. He knew she had a blaster pointed at him as well, just in case things turned south.

-He opened his eyes to a sharp, throbbing pain in his right temple. Reaching up, he gingerly touched the spot, and groaned when he felt the knot that was slowly growing there.

Ugh, he thought, That's going to leave a mark. He glanced around, and rubbed the post-unconsciousness blur from his eyes. The blinking lights of the ship's console flicked brightly in contrast to the blackness of space that filled the front windshield of the small craft.

"Good, you're awake," she said, and the man stifled a small groan, "You wouldn't come, so I had to drug you. Sorry about the bump."

Of course it was her. Why was she so damned insistent on making him come on this blasted mission?

-What in the world was he thinking? Why had he bribed this smuggler, this bandit, this rogue to get him off that Draxien? Sure, he'd been miserable there, but his chances of death were small. Now, he found himself staring down the barrel of an ionized blast pistol and reviewing his rather drab life up until this point.

-The Alliance knew that they sat on a knife's edge. The outer systems were restless, and from the intel their spies had provided, they were militarizing as well, building fighters and cruisers in covert. Thankfully, in one of the few moments that had gone right for the Alliance in recent months, they'd also learned (courtesy of the King of Taramen and his loose lips) that there was some sort of outside force fomenting the systems to rebel. Their spies had traced the source of the trouble to the Armstrong quadrant, but that was where the information stopped dead.

Not much was known about Armstrong (named for the Earth Prime hero of ancient times, Neil, who single-handedly conquered the moon and Mars with nothing but his wits and a plasteel blade); it held between 10 and 20 systems, and of those systems, somewhere between 5 and 10 held some sort of civilization. But the Alliance hadn't expanded into Armstrong yet, and had no idea who was causing the trouble. And so, a coalition was formed in secret, and a pair of agents were chosen to investigate Armstrong to try and find the genesis of the dissent and report back.

As always, this stuff is malleable, and I'm more than happy to plot anything that's not in here with you.

Sir Wolfgang

To Find the Glory has re-opened. The man waking up on the ship is taken, as is the western story.

Sir Wolfgang

Added a little detail in the general genre section, and the vikings. Also got a couple really rough ideas, very flexible on them. Roles can be flipped, details amended, genres changed, etc. Don't feel restricted by what I've got here.

TAKEN
-"So we have a deal, then?" the man said, extending a hand to the disheveled figure across the table from him.
"Do I have a fucking choice?" Smith spat, glaring at the immaculately suited man opposite. When he shook his head, Smith begrudgingly shook his hand, grumbling the entire time.
"Good," the agent said, smiling and revealing perfectly bleached white teeth, "I knew you'd see it our way, Mr. Smith. Before we proceed with this briefing, there is one thing..." he trailed off, and jerked his head to the left. Smith turned and saw a young woman, also immaculately suited, standing near the wall. "She goes in with you. To make sure there's no... funny business."
"Fuck you," Smith said, although he knew he didn't have a choice, "I work alone. If I do this, I do it my way."
"Mr. Smith, I can assure you that Jones will be a great asset to you in this," the agent said, the same sickly smile plastered on his smug face. "And once again, I might add you're not in a position to make demands."

I have no idea where that's going, or where it's been, but this scene feels like the start of something fun.

-As the arrows rained down around the pair, Gawain suddenly wished he'd stayed home. In his bed. With that lovely pair of twins who seemed so very fond of him. But he hadn't, because he was a fool, and a sucker for a pair of long legs and a fiery temper. Now, here he was, staring death in the face as that maniac of a noblewoman challenged the entire Dark Army.

Like I said, very rough, but a starting point (or a middle point, frankly). If either of these (or anything else on this thread) sparks your muse, fire me a PM.

Sir Wolfgang

Another one, this one much more general than the rest. I don't know if any of you have read anything by George MacDonald Fraser (The Reavers, The Pyrates, the Flashman series), but I've recently gotten into his writing BIG TIME. If you haven't read his stuff, I strongly encourage you to get ahold of his stuff and read it.

Anyway, apologies for that moment of geekiness; I'm back now, I promise. It was relevant, too. The Reavers has me wanting a similar story, with the swordplay, pithy, clever dialogue, and the pithy, clever, irreverent writing. It's a weird craving, and kind of abstract, I know, but it's a big one for me right now. If you want to make it a love triangle (based on what I've read of Fraser so far, he's a huuuuuuge fan of them), I'm willing to play two male characters, or we can add a second female character, or we don't have to add a third party to the story.

I don't have a particular plot in mind, or even necessarily characters, but I'd love to work one out with you if a fun, irreverent story in a particular genre tickles your fancy. Having read any of Fraser's stuff isn't a requirement at all, so don't feel restricted by that.

Sir Wolfgang

I know it's been a while, but I had a bit of a brainwave this morning, and wanted to share it, to see if there was interest. Also, a couple of the fragments above have come available, so check those too. If anything catches your fancy, or if you've got something you think I'd enjoy playing based on my O/Os and other ideas, feel free to send me a PM. Everything's flexible here, too, so if you like the basics of the story, but want to tweak the setting or something like that, PM me and we can plot something new out.

A Good Soldier When an imperial captain shows up at the rebellion's headquarters, he's met with the usual skepticism, hostility and distrust. Can he be trusted? What are his intentions? Is he just a spy?

This story would be a lot of interplay between our characters, and playing off of their distrust of one another. Lots of preconceived notions, lots of skepticism, a relationship that can border on outright hostility at times. Naturally, that relationship will grow and change into something very different as we progress, and what causes that change is certainly negotiable. Likewise, I'm open to virtually anything in terms of the overarching plot. I had pictured there being some sort of massive threat from the Empire, which threatens all the people in Lothian and further forces the pair together, but if you've got something more concrete, feel free to pitch it to me.

I've also been jonesing for a mystery story of some sort, and I've been reading a ton of sci-fi epics in recent weeks, so if you've got one of those in mind, that would be awesome as well.

Sir Wolfgang

So, I have a few more ideas in various states of completeness.

I'd pictured this as a western, but it could work in a more modern or sci-fi-ish setting too. Your character is a bounty hunter or something similar, the best in the business at what she does. My character is new to the area, naive, not really accustomed to the way things are supposed to go, who arrives in town and crosses paths with your character. Maybe he fucks up her chance at putting some gang leader away, or maybe she has to save him from getting killed. Either way, she pretty much hates him at first, this bumbling outsider mucking things up. But he comes to her, asks her to take him under her wing, to teach him to be a bounty hunter, and despite her better judgement, she agrees. Adventures and escapades ensue. We could adjust it to a more modern setting; maybe she's a spy, training him as a partner or something, and as they complete missions and such, their relationship blossoms into something beyond the hatred she had for him, even as clues begin to be unveiled that they've stumbled upon some sort of massive plot.

A thief-cop story, with a bit of a twist. It starts off fairly traditionally; cop chases thief, can't catch them. Maybe they meet and have an encounter or two socially, unaware of who the other is. But eventually, I sort of see something in the dynamic shifting, and for some reason the cop is forced to start helping the thief with these heists. Maybe it's a blackmail thing. But suddenly the cop is not only not trying to catch the thief, they have to actively try to cover up the crimes, or at least their role in them. After a while, though, the cop starts to enjoy the stealing, the rush the crimes give them. This one's not quite as polished, so if you want to adjust it, we definitely can.

This one isn't overly developed yet, but it could have potential. Spies from rival global powers have been forced to work together to stop some sort of shadowy plot, but the two countries don't exactly have a healthy working relationship. I'm sort of envisioning all of this intrigue between the two spies as they try to work together to stop this plan. All sorts of mistrust going both ways, that kind of thing.

This last one isn't really an idea, more like a craving. I've been reading some of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, and I think a goofy, lighthearted medieval/fantasy story could be a lot of fun, but I don't really have something in mind.