News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Towns of Salem ~ OOC Thread

Started by persephone325, January 29, 2016, 01:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on March 06, 2016, 11:10:56 PM
So: Bodyguard, Doctor, Investigator, Retributionist, Vigilante, Lookout, Framer, Godfather, Mafioso, Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester and Survivor

Yes.

Also, when people are killed off and lynched, their roles will be revealed.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Man, that Jester is going to be a pain in the ass in a 13 player game with only 10 town. For one thing, it really means there's just 9 good guys at most (depending on the Amnesiac), and they're likely to take an extra one with them when they win. If we're lucky, they'll take a mafia, but still, yeesh.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I count six good guys, 3 mafia, one unknown, and three neutral?

persephone325

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 06, 2016, 11:37:51 PM
I count six good guys, 3 mafia, one unknown, and three neutral?

That's pretty much it. The neutral guys have their own "win" conditions. If they fulfill them, then it doesn't matter if the mafia or townies win.

Though sometimes, their votes can be beneficial in the late game. I've seen some games completely swing towards the mafia because of it. That's what makes it interesting. At least in my opinion.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

Maybe I'm just used to traditional mafia, because that seems like a really harsh ratio.

Remiel

That's actually how it is in Town of Salem.  Persephone has pretty much stayed true to the original ratios.

[edit] well, with a caveat: there is also usually a Serial Killer running around, which can serve as a check to the Mafia team as he can kill Mafia as well as townies.

Mintprincess

Well. The neutral roles may also benefit either way so who they help is going to be very dependent on who starts to die first.  I assume anyway! Like if you are the survivor it's just in your best interest to drive the game to the fastest ending.  Depending on the timing for lynching mafia they could quickly jump on team village.  Equally if the villagers are falling fast... Well.

I do have a question though.  Mafia wins when they control the vote.  Is that only over good roles or over good and neutral combined ?

Remiel

I think it's good and neutral combined (for example, if there are 3 Mafia, 2 town, and 1 neutral, Mafia wins; but if there are 3 Mafia, 2 town, and 2 neutrals, the game keeps going) because the Neutral vote is always something of a wild card.

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on March 07, 2016, 12:47:05 PM
That's actually how it is in Town of Salem.  Persephone has pretty much stayed true to the original ratios.

[edit] well, with a caveat: there is also usually a Serial Killer running around, which can serve as a check to the Mafia team as he can kill Mafia as well as townies.

I was debating whether or not to add that role in, actually. But thought since it's the first time trying it on the forums, I didn't want things to get too crazy.

Also, there's usually an ability for the bad guys to convert one of the good guys. However, that's not in play here.

And Remi's right, as far as I can recall. The neutral roles that are in play have their own win condition. The Executioner wants to get their target lynched, the Survivor just wants to live until the end of the game, and the Jester wants to be lynched at any cost.

The Executioner and Survivor win regardless of who actually wins; townies or mafia, so long as they fulfill their win conditions. It's up to those people to decide whether they want to side with the townies or the mafia.
I don't know.

persephone325

Myobi is ill. However, do not let that influence your votes one way or another, please.
I don't know.

persephone325

The PM conversations I'm seeing are pretty funny. XD
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

Meta game information! People are PMing!

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

Pssh, like I have time for that. I just got off work and have to catch up on 4 pages of posts for a game someone sweet talked me in to.

yugi006

Well it's hard to refuse Mint's request when she is so awesome.

Mintprincess

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 09, 2016, 06:37:05 PM
Pssh, like I have time for that. I just got off work and have to catch up on 4 pages of posts for a game someone sweet talked me in to.
-beams- you love it.   Then when you are done then you can pm me :P

Awe yugi <3

RedPhoenix

What is a PM? I have no knowledge of such things!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

King Serperior

For the sake of sanity, I will not be initiating PMs in this game unless it is called for.  Plus, it makes it less likely that someone who is only on his second Mafia game to become more confused while figuring things out one way or another.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Some of you did not receive a PM. Don't worry, I didn't forget you. It's just that your ability cannot be used yet.
I don't know.

persephone325

Also, the doctor will receive a PM if the person they healed was attacked. It will say something like "X was attacked, but you saved them!"

The vigilante will receive a PM if their chosen target was immune. Even if their target is not immune, but was healed by the doctor.

I'm staying at true to the flash game as I can.

EDIT: I'll post the results of the night phase tonight when I get home. If anyone would like to change their minds, there's still time to do so.
I don't know.

persephone325

Gonna link the ToS wiki. Mainly for the people who haven't played before. Just in case. ^^
I don't know.

persephone325

Myobi messaged me. Due to her illness, she will be dropping out.

So this means she will not be a valid target for the Retributionist to revive. However, her role can still be taken by the Amnesiac.
I don't know.

Mintprincess

Perse.  What time zone is 11:59 PM in?  Kinda key critical.   

Also everyone I have some questions in with Perse about how this is working because I realized I'm not actually 100% sure what we are voting on.  So I will vote after she answers them.   

But having a lovely time!!! 

<3

King Serperior

No clue, but I went ahead and placed my vote since it was closing in on 11:30 for me and I didn't want to take a chance and miss voting.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

I don't know.