News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New World of Warcraft cinematic for Panderia

Started by Chris Brady, August 16, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I'm not talking about the area, I am talking about the druids of the fang who became to feral and where put to sleep in the threes, only to be awakened later and eventually become the worgen.

I think Malfurian is involved also

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Moraline on September 01, 2012, 12:06:31 PM
Of course.. because a big giant panda with a cask on it's back riding a motorcycle is so much better.

PS: I'm not a fan of Worgen either, but at least their character class isn't a fighting brewmaster. It's a brewer, he has no business being a warrior. The entire purpose of that class is nothing but comedy relief.

*edit: That's another example of what's wrong with this expansion. Even the new character class "Brewmaster" is designed around a comical farse.

If you go looking expectant and insistent on finding comedy relief, of course you're going to see comedy relief.

Revelation

Still pretty excited for it really.

As for the Monk, the Brewmaster is called Monk. Brewmaster is its tanking spec. The entire class does not solely revolve around drinking. But still, drunken martial arts haven't been done before.  The more proper link for the monk class, rather than Pandaren brewmaster would be Here.

I really just fail to see Pandarens as less goofy than the jamaican trolls or the blatant stereotypes of native american cow people I guess.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Moraline on September 01, 2012, 10:14:01 AM
It's funny you say that. That's actually why I choose Horde side and a Troll for my first toon. When I read the website, the Orcs were misplaced and struggling to survive in a strange world. I instantly liked that concept of being the underdog. Then I read the Troll story and fell in love with it. Plus the Jamaican accent was totally awesome.

Now the tables have reversed and the Alliance are losing ground.

Oh boy.  :)  Now you done it.  Time for me to explain how I've spent the last 20 years interpreting the lore (Which I will freely admit, I might be wrong about.)

See, the Horde have NEVER been the underdogs.  Back in Warcraft 1, a human (this will be a reoccurring theme, watch out for it) opened a portal because a Mad God told him to, and let loose the original Horde, a demon blood drunk and willingly corrupted race of man beasts we were told called themselves the Orcs.  And they proceeded to lay waste to the human world of Azeroth.

In the second game the beleaguered humans decided they had enough of these green skins stomping around on their world and decided to take the fight back to them.  By going back to the world that the Orcs came from.  And sent their best to do it.Which they promptly close the door behind them, stranding their elite force behind the portal.  There's more to it than that, but if you played through Burning Crusade it pretty much gives you the entirety of the Horde's side.

Now starts Warcraft 3.  Where the Orcs are listless and almost lifeless as their drug supply (Demons' blood) ran out years ago.  Out of this comes Thrall, the future saviour of the entire planet of Azeroth, but as we have all played WoW, I will not touch that there.  So the game begins with Thrall breaking out his fellow homies from the human internment camps, which by the way, is a much more merciful treatment that most people would have liked, and frankly, the Orcs merited, as a certain Admiral Proudmoore believed.  He wanders about the countryside until hearing about this new continent!  Well, hey!  Let's go there!  There's no humans!

Now, you might be fooled into thinking that the Orcs are the underdog here, but not really.  Once they've gotten their pep talk by human raised Thrall, the tribes go and lay claim to the land of Kalimdor.  Along the way, they find and rescue the Dark Spear tribe of Trolls (Possibly the only mildly benevolent tribe left in all of Azeroth), giving them a new home.  They find the spiritual, and potentially doomed (And they should have been...) Tauren, who were being wiped out by the Centaur.  Yes, that race of incestuous morons that you slaughter by the cruise ship load during the beginning quests in Kalimdor.  (Don't know about you, but to the Tauren...  Darwin sez, YOU LOSE!  Good bye!  Try again next mutation!)  Everything is looking great for the Horde!  Two new allies, a new home!  Yeah, Grom Hellscream had a bit of a back slide into his drug habit, but he got better, in the most AWESOME way possible.  (Grom is my hero.  :)  I still have his axe in my bank.  I use it to reskin any axe I get in WoW.)

The Alliance on the other hand, they're getting screwed.  First, the Scourge comes back, awakened by the Burning Legion who decided that the Orcs were a waste of time and skin, as they couldn't do Sargeras' will, having failed, not once, but TWICE.  (Mannoroth, nice guy that he is, decides to give them a second chance, and we know how well the Orcs thanked him for that.)  So, the human Prince, wannabe Paladin does the RIGHT THING (Yes, culling Strathholme was the ONLY thing anyone could do.  It was a lost city, NO ONE was able to be saved) instead Uther Lightbringer has an idiot moment, and denounces Arthas.  Unfortunately, Arthas goes nuts in the process.  Gets an Evil Rune Sword for his trouble, reawakens a Horde Lich, and comes home to kill Daddy.

Worse, he succeeds.  Now, if you keep playing the human campaign, you find out that every single victory you get in there gets totally and completely undone by the Scourge campaign you play IMMEDIATELY after the human one.  Everything you did in the previous campaign, literally, means nothing.  The humans LOST.  Gilneas isolates itself, to protect from the falling of Lorderon.  Which becomes a undead infested hell, even after Sylvannas splits off from the rest of the Scourge, she pretty much still IS Scourge.  After all, creating a plague to kill all life, to 'protect' her people is incredibly similar to what the Scourge wants to do to ALL life on Azeroth!  So all the humans have left is a SINGLE kingdom, Stormwind.

Th Dwarves aren't better off.  They lost one of the royal heirs of their kingdom to Arthas' quest.  They have a traitor in the form of their princess (Whom I advocate killing her AND her spawn, because she WORSHIPS THE BURNING LEGION!  And thinks that because she's the Princess she should be allowed to rule all Dwarves.)  The Gnomes, the Wiley. E. Coyote SUUUPAH Genius that they are, literally NUKE their home, and still fail to kick out the invading Troggs.  The High Elves, despondent at losing their Sunwell go nuts, and the Humans are suddenly racist, and decide to kick out their longest standing allies.  The ones that TAUGHT THEM MAGIC IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Hell, even the Night Elves are screwed as their Life Tree got torched before they could stop the Burning Legion.  And they lost their immortality out of it.  Ouch.

So, let's recap.

Now the Orcs have a bright future ahead of themselves.  They have new friends, a new home and are stronger now than they were when they invaded Azeroth about 60 years ago.  They even kicked their drug habit!  Their future is the brightest.

The Humans on the other hand have lost an ally, and most of their own that are still here have their own problems (Titan curses, Werewolf infestation), they lost several of their greatest heroes (even if Uther went stupid on them, during the Culling of Strath), and even more went corrupt, some even became more Scourge.  The Humans are on the decline.  90% of Azeroth's current problem are Alliance made, in one way or another.  Why?  Often because of ONE person.

So no, the Orcs are not, and have never been, the underdog.  The humans are.  Which is why I play Alliance.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Harlome

Well, the hubby who's been playing since vanilla is totally stoked for the expansion, he's been relearning all his toons since the new patch came out. I'm a casually casual player so I don't get the major hard-ons or softies from WoW content but I will admit that visually I find this to be the most well done cinematic, and there was a little bit of humor in it which was neat. It's not going to prompt me to go out and buy the collector's edition or anything but yeah, I'll still play it, and from what I've played in the beta it doesn't seem all that bad

Aiden

So its been out for a week, visually the game (with its old engine) its amazing.

I have not made it out of the first zone yet but I love the plot.

Chris Brady

So I hear.  Still not going to get it.  :P

Although the Pokemon pet battles sound adorable.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 29, 2012, 12:24:13 AM
So I hear.  Still not going to get it.  :P

Although the Pokemon pet battles sound adorable.

That are kinda fun.. particularly when you got like a gazillion vanity pets like me. Grunty is funny as are the other murlock pets.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 29, 2012, 12:29:56 AM
That are kinda fun.. particularly when you got like a gazillion vanity pets like me. Grunty is funny as are the other murlock pets.
My NElf Warrior has quite a few pets, and several of the rarer kind.  Like the Tree Frog.

Arohk

I still hate the Pandaren with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

And also the 300k mana cap.

But I have been having a lot of fun with the expansion. Something fresh to do is always welcome. I hit 90 within the first 26 hours and am all geared out already. :3

Drop me a line if you want to! I'm Arohk of Alleria. Been playing a lot, so I'll most likely be on if you want to chat. XP

Chris Brady

Unless I somehow magically given the expac as a gift (which is the only way I will willingly own it) I'll stick to being 85.  :P

Bxcrave

Quote from: Arohk on September 29, 2012, 02:37:25 PM
I still hate the Pandaren with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

And also the 300k mana cap.

But I have been having a lot of fun with the expansion. Something fresh to do is always welcome. I hit 90 within the first 26 hours and am all geared out already. :3

Drop me a line if you want to! I'm Arohk of Alleria. Been playing a lot, so I'll most likely be on if you want to chat. XP

This is exactly where I would be without Borderlands 2.
As much as I loved it my WoW days are behind me- feed me something new!  Blizzard cinematics > all

Chris Brady

OK.  Confession.  The Pokemon battles in game are actually a lot of fun.  Which is good cuz that's all I have left for my warrior.

Tamhansen

Pokemon, FarmVille, Kung fu panda. Wonder what they'll think up next. Dr Phil?

Now mind you, if doctor Phil was a raid boss, I might actually play again.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chris Brady

As long as it has a relevance to pop culture they'll put it in.  I just wish they would be a little more subtle/clever with it.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

So the rumours were right?  Interesting, but ultimately, we all knew that this is Thrall's story after all.

Aiden

I think the era of Thrall is over, at least I would prefer id he did not return.

I want to see Voljin or Cairne take the mantle of the Horde War Chief

5.1 and the book released with it, looks interesting.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aiden on October 16, 2012, 05:09:33 PM
I think the era of Thrall is over, at least I would prefer id he did not return.

I want to see Voljin or Cairne take the mantle of the Horde War Chief

5.1 and the book released with it, looks interesting.

Personally.. I don't care who becomes War Chief.. so long as it's Voljin in the end who evens the score and his friend's murder.

SinXAzgard21

Honestly I for see the Horde falling apart, I doubt that Varian is just going to scatter the Orcs and call it a day.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Question Mark

I don't play, and probably won't again, but I still care about the story.  Honestly now, if the sin'dorei broke off and became a neutral faction that can choose to go Horde or Alliance a la Pandaren, I'd be fucking amazed.  Same for Dalaran going (rightfully) Alliance, or any of the other former Alliance factions that have strayed into neutral territory against all logic or practicality.

Callie Del Noire

Well right now.. I think (Alliance side) the Dwarves are teetering on civil war.. the King's daughter is going to make a power grab for her child and I don't think the Ironforge or Wildhammers are going to simply step aside for that.

The gnomes are still rebuilding..and let's be honest.. they were closer to any other species to being wiped out that any other Alliance faction since the first attacks of the horde. Gnomer was home to almost ALL gnomes.. and it was said that something like 70% of the species are dead or Lepergnomes.

The Alliance has problems. Serious problems.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 08:12:34 PM
Well right now.. I think (Alliance side) the Dwarves are teetering on civil war.. the King's daughter is going to make a power grab for her child and I don't think the Ironforge or Wildhammers are going to simply step aside for that.

Yes, and she'll drag all of the Alliance into it.  Why?  She's a SARGERAS WORSHIPER!  A member of the BURNING LEGION!  All the Shadowforge Dwarf splinter are.  In the end, it means that she, and her spawn, have to die.  But no one on the dev team will have the guts to do that.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 08:12:34 PMThe gnomes are still rebuilding..and let's be honest.. they were closer to any other species to being wiped out that any other Alliance faction since the first attacks of the horde. Gnomer was home to almost ALL gnomes.. and it was said that something like 70% of the species are dead or Lepergnomes.
Which THEY caused by nuking their home.  And STILL didn't kick out the Troggs.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 16, 2012, 08:12:34 PMThe Alliance has problems. Serious problems.
Sadly, those problems were there 8 years ago.  In fact, those problems NEVER changed in those 8 years.  They just got worse.

Why?  Because Metzen loves his Horde so much.

I'm pretty sure we'll see the return of Green Jesus as a friend calls him, as Warchief.

Trystia

It's funny, part of why I'm signing up for Elliquiy is to get away from WoW. I've taken so many breaks from this overly addictive drug over the years, but keep coming back, and MoP sucked me in a bit too hard, with all the tons of stuff to do. I've somehow managed to pass the 14k achievement point mark, and I'm suddenly wondering why I'm spending so much time on stuff like farming and rare hunting, and have barely even touched the dungeons or raids. Maybe some time away will give me more perspective again.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Trystia on October 18, 2012, 12:32:25 PM
It's funny, part of why I'm signing up for Elliquiy is to get away from WoW. I've taken so many breaks from this overly addictive drug over the years, but keep coming back, and MoP sucked me in a bit too hard, with all the tons of stuff to do. I've somehow managed to pass the 14k achievement point mark, and I'm suddenly wondering why I'm spending so much time on stuff like farming and rare hunting, and have barely even touched the dungeons or raids. Maybe some time away will give me more perspective again.

I remember having a LOT more points than I have now.. (thank you Blizz for redacting so many of my achievements to Feats of Strength)