Kingmaker?

Started by Blinkin, November 06, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

So... I know that I've seen 2 attempts to do the Pathfinder Adventure Path Kingmaker on E. I played in one attempt that for some reason, just died after about 3 weeks... I don't know how the second attempt went, but I really wanted to give this one a try.

So... anyone out there want to try DMing Kingmaker for an adoring and loyal player who really, really wants to see a successful game? I'm sure that finding players will be, by far, the least difficult of the process. Please?

Pretty please?

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Pretty please with a sexy ranger on top and actively bouncing? ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Autocad

Ahem, I think you meant it went on for 3 months, not 3 weeks. As for why it died, in hindsight it was probably a slowdown in posting, then the start of the new school term hit and took out a few players. That, and possibly too much sex which made a huge backlog in sex posts that might have scared people off from trying to clear it up.

If I have any credibility left, I'm willing to pick it up from where it left off. After all, I still have all the old files sitting on my hard drive. The ability to skip past and avoid replaying the same old introduction-meet-up-with-other-PCs-and-fight-a-warm-up-encounter has to be worth something at least, right?

Blinkin

I accept the too much sex factor. It was also a time when I lost my computer for 3 weeks and that couldn't be helped, but progression had already pretty much slowed by then.

I no longer have a copy of the character that I submitted, although I would be happy to submit a similar one if it cannot be found in the E archives. I would ask to be allowed to replace one of my traits with a Kingmaker trait, if I find one that fits.

I was enjoying the game and was sad to see it simply disappear.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

PhantomPistoleer

I've actually tried to run Kingmaker on E, but it's hard.

It's not a simple adventure to run, since it has so many mechanics that make the whole thing rather complicated.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Tydorei

I would like to play kingmaker. I have... one...two... two kingmaker characters ready to go. I'd like to start from the beginning though. Furthest i ever got in kingmaker was to olegs. lol. I'm so pissed. I want to get further.

Latooni Subota

I tried running Kingmaker for my IC Pathfinder group, and they bloody destroyed it. Promised to play nice, and then things quickly went chaotic stupid and we weren't even 6 sessions in. It's definately not the easiest to run, but it is awesome! . . . also totally expressing interest to join in, if it does get going. >.>
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

AndyZ

Guessing this is one of those pregen stories?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Inash

I've yet to manage to get into an adventure path either here or on mythweavers, I'd certainly be interested.

AndyZ

Wonder if I could try to reuse my L1 sorceress Alyssa Frostborn

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=579080
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blinkin

Hmmmm... the character that I originally played in this game is now being used in another game...I can make a couple of minor changes (name) or keep it as is. She's still a ranger, but I was thinking of making her human instead of half-elf. A small change in the end.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

Well, it seems there's a bit of interest, so I'll elaborate a bit more about the game and where it can go from here.

Last time, the PCs arrived at Oleg's and drove off a bandit raid, then tracked down the bandits to their camp and neutralized the threat. In the process they learned about the big baddie in the area, a bandit chief called the Stag Lord, but before they could take the fight to him they first needed to take care of more immediate problems in the area and secure the land before marching on his hideout.

And that was where the first game left off. For the next game, it'll probably be that the first party ran into something they couldn't handle and got wiped, except for Blinkin's character who managed to escape. New adventurers show up as reinforcements, and they pick up where the first group left off.

The PCs will probably start off at level 1, but not freshly starting off; instead they'll probably have some XP under their belts and the corresponding wealth accordingly. It terms of posting frequency, I've found that in groups the posting rate is already much slower compared to say a solo game, so I would expect players to be able to post within 1-2 days when it's their turn. I'll also be very aggressive with skipping or temporarily taking control of characters whose players disappear for a while, to keep things moving for everybody else. Sexual content will still be there, with handsome / beautiful / scantily clad / horny NPCs in abundance, and players can always create a side thread to work out tensions, but I'll be more selective in playing out PC-NPC scenes and more of them will be fade-to-black then before.

With all that said, are you still interested or did I scare you off already?

Latooni Subota

Sounds perfectly reasonable, Autocad. Having smut in the main thread slowing down the game is never really a great idea anyways, in a game of that size.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Blinkin

I'm fine with it. I don't have a record of what Lydia's exp was, or her gold at the time of the close, but that should be someplace in the IC/ OOC threads. I do have those.

about the change in name that I asked about? It would make things a little less confusing between game threads. Don't have to have it, just asking.

On looking back through the IC thread, I found the following, tell me if it sounds right for Lydia...

Exp:

Couldn't find exp for first bandit fight at the trading post
125 from an encounter with Goblins in the Moon Mushroom field
260 exp for second bandit fight
200 for bringing the 'shrums and crates in from bandit fight
isted for either the first bandit fight, or the second one... although I did find

the "spoils" list.

This is what Lydia should be carrying in addition to her starting equipment.
Total gold from all fights: 74 GP
Gold on credit at the trading post: 145 gp, 5 sp
Other  items picked up:
Shortsword
1 potion of cure light wounds
MW dagger
Plentiful rations "More than enough for the rest of the path"
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Inash

Sounds good.  I'll get the players companion file and get to work.

Latooni Subota

I'd personally enjoy playing some kind of wizard, aiming to hit the various crafting feats and things. I'll be less useful in the short run, but the long run will give more options. Plus, I just like being adorably nerdy magical tinkerers >.>

AndyZ

Quote from: Autocad on November 07, 2013, 10:11:26 AM
Well, it seems there's a bit of interest, so I'll elaborate a bit more about the game and where it can go from here.

Last time, the PCs arrived at Oleg's and drove off a bandit raid, then tracked down the bandits to their camp and neutralized the threat. In the process they learned about the big baddie in the area, a bandit chief called the Stag Lord, but before they could take the fight to him they first needed to take care of more immediate problems in the area and secure the land before marching on his hideout.

And that was where the first game left off. For the next game, it'll probably be that the first party ran into something they couldn't handle and got wiped, except for Blinkin's character who managed to escape. New adventurers show up as reinforcements, and they pick up where the first group left off.

The PCs will probably start off at level 1, but not freshly starting off; instead they'll probably have some XP under their belts and the corresponding wealth accordingly. It terms of posting frequency, I've found that in groups the posting rate is already much slower compared to say a solo game, so I would expect players to be able to post within 1-2 days when it's their turn. I'll also be very aggressive with skipping or temporarily taking control of characters whose players disappear for a while, to keep things moving for everybody else. Sexual content will still be there, with handsome / beautiful / scantily clad / horny NPCs in abundance, and players can always create a side thread to work out tensions, but I'll be more selective in playing out PC-NPC scenes and more of them will be fade-to-black then before.

With all that said, are you still interested or did I scare you off already?

I would much rather start fresh.

Latooni Subota

Really, if Blikin and the GM want to continue where they left off, that should be the way it goes. After all, they were here first. >.>

AndyZ

Oh, I know.  I was just giving my personal preference.

Tydorei

Well... I would rather start fresh as well. Or at least have the game start right as we reach Olegs. Is that not an early enough beginning?

Blinkin

I'm ok with whatever our great and kind GM wants to do. I can whip up a new character just as easily as play the old one. It would still be a ranger, but otherwise.... I'm open to whatever.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

You still start at Olegs and all you miss is clearing one bandit camp, really. You might have gotten an exaggerated impression of the first group's progress. And there'll be plenty more chances to fight bandits.

Blinkin

That's true. We only got through one real encounter and you'll start off with about a quarter of the way to 2nd level.. and more starting gold than standard for better equipment. The only real thing that happened, and it's more an honorific was that the first party were knighted as "Knights of The Greenbelt." after the fight. You didn't miss very much of significant note and it looks like a long campaign.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

Let me go back and address any questions I might have missed.

You can build (rebuild in Blinkin's case, keeping/changing which features you want) your character according to the character creation rules below:

Available rulebooks: Pathfinder SRD (but not 3rd party materials) + Kingmaker Player's Guide
15 point buy (using the Pathfinder, not 3.5, point buy system)
Any player race as described in the SRD
Max HP at first level
800gp in gear, wealth and/or mount (a mount is highly recommended for travel)
2 traits from the SRD or the Kingmaker Player's Guide
Level 1 (instead of tracking XP, I will prescribe level ups at the appropriate times)

People without background information can download the Kingmaker Player's Guide at no additional monetary cost from Paizo's website and/or go through the previous OOC thread and previous IC thread for background informaiton.

As I have mentioned before, you won't be missing much from the beginning. In fact, if I didn't mention it, you might not even notice.

Latooni Subota

Works for me! I'll have a character application/sheet/whatever up either within two hours, or REALLY late tonight, or tomorrow afternoon depending on how many people browbeat me into running errands for them today. :x

Blinkin

I'll only be changing the character's name so that I keep the threads straight. I've updated the character sheet to reflect the gains from previously (including the horse that was loot from the bandits). I may also pick up a masterworked backpack and upgrade her armor since she has the credit with the trading post. If any of this is unacceptible, just let me know.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.