News:

Main Menu

Fallout 3 Review

Started by ZK, October 31, 2008, 01:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beauty

Psh no one's talking to you Megaton weirdo! *smirks, giggling*
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

Jay

Beauty

*giggles* Strike one as in points to me? Oh that comes with the high life in Tenpenny Tower..I automatically win ^^
~x I've been absent for a few years, but I'm back and ready to start new stories! I've refined my writing skills and fixated on new desires/interests - Looking forward to being inspired ;)*X~

My O/O

mannik

Yeah, fallout 3 is a really cool game, but my alignment doesn't make much sense to me.

I pick every lock I find (Helps me level up quicker), steal everything I can get my grubby little hands on, and eat everybody I kill (Cannibal perk) and yet, I am considered good for some reason.

I laughed when I got the achievement for hitting lvl 14 with good karma right after gunning down a helpless scavenger because he didn't have any lock picks to sell me after I finally ran out.

It seems like lockpicks get more and more rare as the game progresses for some reason. I remember finding a butt load of them early on, but now that I need them for those verry hard locks I can't find em anywhere.

Inkidu

You must have been a good ole' boyscout! That's the only way I can see.I try not to look at my karma, I want to wing it. Though the sheriff of Megaton is dead, but that was Mr. Burke's (AKA Oblivion town guard.) shot him... I have to remember to go back and see if he's still there. I want the hat...
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Beauty

Somehow Mr. Burke's suit became a dress on me......

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 14, 2008, 10:11:38 PM
Somehow Mr. Burke's suit became a dress on me......
Hey, tailoring of the FUTURE! *World of tomorrow infection*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Beauty

I have quick tailoring skills then *laughs* I suppose I can't complain, I look very stylish.

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 14, 2008, 10:18:27 PM
I have quick tailoring skills then *laughs* I suppose I can't complain, I look very stylish.
If I had actually known how to repair at the time I could have put all that powered armor from the Brotherhood into one super-conditioned suit. Nothing like servo-powered plating. :D
Alas, it is leather and biker goggles for I. Not as stylish as the armored 101 jumpsuit and reading glasses but I got my suit shot to cheese. I'm more pissed that I missed the bobble-head on dad's desk when I was one.

ZK

I wouldn't drink Quantum Nuka-Cola. It's a limited number, a quest item and ammunition/schematics for a ultra-powerful grenade. More powerful then a plasma grenade.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Inkidu

Quote from: ZK on November 15, 2008, 12:51:44 AM
I wouldn't drink Quantum Nuka-Cola. It's a limited number, a quest item and ammunition/schematics for a ultra-powerful grenade. More powerful then a plasma grenade.
Thanks for the heads up but I'm sure they'll have a place you could go to get some. They're pretty good about not leaving you out there cold turkey.
Right now I'm trying to build the railway spike rifle, patent pending. :D

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkidu on November 15, 2008, 09:52:28 AMRight now I'm trying to build the railway spike rifle, patent pending. :D

AKA the 'Stake Gun'?  Cuz it stakes the target to a wall?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 15, 2008, 12:20:58 PM
AKA the 'Stake Gun'?  Cuz it stakes the target to a wall?
More fun the irradiating yourself with the fatman, and that's pretty damn fun.

mannik

My personal favorite weapon is the shiskebob. But then again, what's not to like about a flaming sword made from motorcycle parts and a lawnmower blade?

Inkidu

Quote from: mannik on November 15, 2008, 02:06:46 PM
My personal favorite weapon is the shiskebob. But then again, what's not to like about a flaming sword made from motorcycle parts and a lawnmower blade?
I can't get my hands on the motorcycle parts. I'm going with the one that uses a crutch for a stock. "The Handicapper", that's what I'll call it! :D

mannik

Quote from: Inkidu on November 15, 2008, 06:19:41 PM
I can't get my hands on the motorcycle parts. I'm going with the one that uses a crutch for a stock. "The Handicapper", that's what I'll call it! :D

You can find a lot of parts needed for the custom weapons around the 'mine field' area. As far as the motorcycle parts (hand brake, and fuel tank) I just found them lying around parking lots and such. I'm not sure if destroying a motorcycle will cause these parts to fall off or not but it might be worth a try.

Beauty

Raider camps tend to have a lot of what you need, from my experience.

My O/O

Inkidu

Besides the Bob doesn't fit in with my strengths, I'm better with small guns and the stake gun is a small one I suppose. It is called a rifle and it doesn't shoot beams of light. Though I thought it might be neat if they put some kind of lightsaber schematic in the game. That would be funny.

mannik

Quote from: Inkidu on November 15, 2008, 07:29:35 PM
Besides the Bob doesn't fit in with my strengths, I'm better with small guns and the stake gun is a small one I suppose. It is called a rifle and it doesn't shoot beams of light. Though I thought it might be neat if they put some kind of lightsaber schematic in the game. That would be funny.

Funny yes, but it wouldn't fit the futuristic 50's style of the game as starwars came out in the 70's

Inkidu

Quote from: mannik on November 15, 2008, 07:31:03 PM
Funny yes, but it wouldn't fit the futuristic 50's style of the game as starwars came out in the 70's
They have laser pistols. It doesn't have to look sleek and stylish. It just has to have the function. The time frame is irrelevant because even Star Wars happened a long, long time ago...

mannik

Quote from: Inkidu on November 15, 2008, 07:38:36 PM
They have laser pistols. It doesn't have to look sleek and stylish. It just has to have the function. The time frame is irrelevant because even Star Wars happened a long, long time ago...

A long, long time ago but somehow in the future...

I love that line from the Family Guy special...

Inkidu

Space Balls did it first.

Anyways, the point is it could happen. It will probably be modded in later. :D
Right now I really want to shoot stakes into people.

Beauty

If you shot stakes into the Family that would be really ironic >.>

My O/O

Inkidu

Quote from: Beauty on November 15, 2008, 07:46:24 PM
I believe if I shot anyone with stakes people would find it the opposite of the expected outcome. :D That or a crime against humanity, but that's not funny at all. D:

Though I think I should see about making some BC mines, my frags are drying up. If it blows up or shoots metal I love it. if it does both at the same time. What's stronger than love! C:

mannik

Quote from: Beauty on November 15, 2008, 07:46:24 PM

Yes...yes it would...