News:

Main Menu

Survival discussion

Started by King Serperior, May 19, 2013, 10:03:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

So, my cousin and I, as well as my brothers, had about a two hour long discussion as to how long different movie characters could survive in various movie and gaming situations.  Our discussion ranged from Jack Sparrow in the Mansion of Resident Evil to Indiana Jones in Jurassic Park. 

I come to you now to ask what your thoughts are to many of these questions.  Here are the ones we discussed, but please, don't let that limit you.  I want to hear your fangirl/boy ideas on how your favorite characters can survive!

Jack Sparrow (PotC) in Jurassic Park / Resident Evil Mansion / Genosis
Various Jedi and Sith in the pyramid from the movie, Alien vs Predator
Indiana Jones in Jurassic Park
Terminator and/or Robocop in iRobot

Come on and join me in this interesting discussion.  Though I only listed a few topics, I would like to hear other character survival scenarios.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Shjade

Jack Sparrow easily survives the RE Mansion by running the hell away. He has no reason to stay there. >.>

He and Indy are probably both toast in Jurassic Park, though.

You might say Indy's been in worse positions, but think about how many times he gets captured by the bad guys in his movies. Now think about how many times he'd be dead if the bad guys didn't take prisoners. Yeah, he's lunch.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

King Serperior

Quote from: Shjade on May 19, 2013, 07:45:00 PM
Jack Sparrow easily survives the RE Mansion by running the hell away. He has no reason to stay there. >.>

He and Indy are probably both toast in Jurassic Park, though.

You might say Indy's been in worse positions, but think about how many times he gets captured by the bad guys in his movies. Now think about how many times he'd be dead if the bad guys didn't take prisoners. Yeah, he's lunch.
Ah, my first response to this.  Thank you for dropping by with your opinions  <3

I would agree that Jack Sparrow wouldn't step foot near the RE mansion in reality, but assuming he did, Jack would most likely manage to survive until the Ceberus and other B.O.W.s appeared.  The Zombies would never catch him.

Jack and Indy would have much difficulty in Jurassic Park, but considering that the Park is on an island, Jack has a slight advantage as to having a ship he can take refuge in.

Indiana, I would assume would last somewhere around 4 days.  He is very inventive and can think on the fly like Sherlock Holmes can think ten moves ahead of his opponent.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Shjade

He's very inventive...with things he can manage and/or with which he has experience. You can't exactly steal a T-rex's teeth to turn them back on him like you can with, say, a gun.
◕/◕'s

Vorian

Offhand, I think Robocop is too slow to do well in the I, Robot movie.

How about Captain Kirk at the Battle of Endor? or any of the other Star Trek Captains?
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

King Serperior

I'd agree with Robocop's slowness, but my brother argued pretty fairly in his case.  Don't fully remember what he said though.

As for Star Trek, I am not a Trekky, so I have no idea.  How would Laura Croft fair in th RE mansion?  She is familiar with traps, and the Mansion is full of them.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vorian

Quote from: King Serperior on May 20, 2013, 09:02:46 PM
How would Laura Croft fair in th RE mansion?  She is familiar with traps, and the Mansion is full of them.

I'm not all that familiar with either series, but I think she's handled similar situations before.  She'd have a good chance, at least.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas

Funguy81

I say jedi and sith can hold their own in the AvP ruins. They face those kinds of ruins in their own explorations, which includes monsters and dark side ghosts that linger about it. So in many ways they are used to that kind of situation.

As for captain jack..yea, he would not stay in that manor for no reason.

As for captain kirk in the battle of endor...I dont think the enterprise would hold to well to the fire power fo the star destroyers. Far to small, and two slow, very little armor compared to a fully armored battle ship...though put him in charge of the rebel fleet...leading a group that is used to his style of command of improvisation...he probably would have lead that battle to a less costly victory.

Vorian

I agree on the ship to ship combat. I do think transporter technology would give the rebels a significant tactical advantage, if they can protect the Enterprise without making it an obvious target when the Death Star starts shooting.
Ideas

Funguy81

you know i forgot the transporter technology. that will give a hell of an advantage in every boarding action.

Though that transporter would need to go to a rebel capital ship so it would be better protected. I wouldn't trust a ship like the enterprise where a solid hit to the hull will blow up the computer console's all over the command bridge. Worse you can cripple the entire ship by saying, "aim for the weapons systems and engines."

Vorian

Not just boarding action - It would allow the rebels to reinforce their troops on the ground easily, and there's the potential of transporting explosives directly to an enemy ships main reactor once the shields are down.
Ideas

Guren

Curious what someone will think --  the 300 Spartans from 300 vs 1 Spartan from Halo universe (can have any 2 weapons with max ammo, but can't replenish ammo).

Scribbles

Hope you don't mind but I remembered a funny video with the Star Wars vs Star Trek bit!

Star Wars Vs. Star Trek - DMP Edition HQ www.cometoyourownrescue.com

I'm not officially joining the debate, just thought you might find it amusing.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Shjade

Comedy montages like that always make me wonder what episodes the clipped scenes came from. xD
◕/◕'s