Writing prompt inside. Looking for ideas for a story.

Started by PennySludt, April 19, 2015, 05:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

Not sure if this hits anyone with a storyline idea, but thought I'd put it out there and see what bites I got :)

Mercy. It wasn’t a description of her life, that was for sure. At sixteen years old, Mercy had lived on the streets her entire life, or at least as long as she could remember. When she had been younger it had been a matter of avoiding the authorities and stealing food and clothing whenever she could. She had heard the stories about kids taken off the streets and sent to live in ‘better places’ where they were probably worse off than they had been on the streets. She was not going to let that happen. By the time she was nine she had already been raped three times and at that point figured that if guys wanted her like that she could at least make some money off it. And so started her ‘career’.

She had started off refusing to do most things, but she soon found out that if you weren’t willing to do anything and everything, you weren’t going to get paid, and you weren’t going to eat. So now she did anything. Absolutely anything. That had landed her unconscious in the gutter a few times with $100 tucked into her panties, but at least she’d been able to eat for a few days. Tonight was no different, except that it was getting cold now.

It was a lot harder to find customers when it was cold. People just weren’t out in this weather, and it was harder to display the merchandise when you risked hypothermia. It had been a few days since she’d had a client. Her last paycheck had run out almost right away on two meals, a pack of cigarettes and a bag of weed. She’d meant to spend it on a jacket, but once again that hadn’t happened. So here she was, no jacket, no food, no weed, and down to her last smoke. She was desperate.

She tried to finger comb her brown hair and make it look a little more presentable, pulling out the mascara she’d bought a few months ago and caking it on her long lashes to frame her dull, lifeless brown eyes. Her red miniskirt showed off her slender legs and barely covered her virtually naked ass that sported a black g-string, and the too-small heels gave her tiny frame a boost of height that made her look at least a little older and hopefully attract some more customers. Her black crop top displayed her bare midriff and the dangly sparkling piercing at her belly caught the eye and drew it to her bare skin. Every car that went by got her hopes up and she’d strut to the street, waving it down. But they all passed her by without a second glance.

“Damn it! Why didn’t I buy that fucking jacket!” she berated herself for the millionth time as she stood freezing at the side of the road.*
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Franklin

What kind of direction did you want to take this story? I thought it might be interesting if a genuine good Samaritan tried to help her...something she would probably be totally unfamiliar with, and she'd probably keep trying to use her old tricks with him. Some of which would probably work. :P

PennySludt

I didn't really have any particular direction in mind because it can go in pretty much any direction and any forum depending on the other person and their ideas :)
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!