Bloodstains and Ballgowns (Interest Check/magic&tech mix/LGBT/post-apoc)

Started by Aiyanna, April 24, 2015, 12:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiyanna

Quote from: Chrystal on May 10, 2015, 12:59:48 PM
Uh... I'm afraid you still have a "gender imbalance": I'm gay!

But I generally I don't join games like this for the smut but for the action...
That doesn't matter. I don't care about your orientation: you are still a Lady. I'm still debating making my girl bi or gay, so I would still be in need of another female character, yes? If I decide to get her involved with another character, that is. Since the Lords thus far have indicated making male characters, I still want a roughly even selection of male and female characters. Things seem to flow better, that way.
When you message me, please use the same message thread every time.
Ideas
O/o's

Chrystal

Lol, very true. I hope we can get some more ladies interested...

Sooo.... I have a number of characters who might work, or could be amended to fit, or I could simply create a new one...

Marcia Purbrook is a totally bad-ass human cyborg, capable of morphing weapons out of her forearms.
Gretcha Pinkblood is the product of a human female being raped by an Orc male, with all the personality problems entailed therein.
Zarathel is a Demon Succubus - she might be a little too powerful for a game like this, though?
Anitsha "Nitzy" Longstride is something of a cynical kleptomaniac, halfling thief.
Deborah Hathers, AKA The Pariah, is a human professional assassin. She kills for money, but has a soft spot in her heart.

What do you have most need of?

If you would like more detail on any of the above, let me know. I can always modify them. If none of them fit, I will easily create a brand new character.

(edited to add character image links)

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Aiyanna

Quote from: Chrystal on May 10, 2015, 02:40:44 PM
Lol, very true. I hope we can get some more ladies interested...

Sooo.... I have a number of characters who might work, or could be amended to fit, or I could simply create a new one...

Marcia Purbrook is a totally bad-ass human cyborg, capable of morphing weapons out of her forearms.
Gretcha Pinkblood is the product of a human female being raped by an Orc male, with all the personality problems entailed therein.
Zarathel is a Demon Succubus - she might be a little too powerful for a game like this, though?
Anitsha "Nitzy" Longstride is something of a cynical kleptomaniac, halfling thief.
Deborah Hathers, AKA The Pariah, is a human professional assassin. She kills for money, but has a soft spot in her heart.

What do you have most need of?

If you would like more detail on any of the above, let me know. I can always modify them. If none of them fit, I will easily create a brand new character.

(edited to add character image links)

I want you to play the character you are most comfortable with, however, a couple quick caveats: I think the metal-morphing cyborg is a little too much tech, too high tech, for a tech/magic mix world. Also, I don't have an issue with the 'power' of a succubus, but angel and demon mythology tends to be slightly different from Faerie mythology. If you could pick between the assassin, thief, and half-Orc, that might be best.

(Why is it never a human guy raping an orc woman?!)

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 10, 2015, 02:54:39 PM
Well, I'll certainly be playing a female character.

bows head apologetically
I apologize, Mantis, you are quite right. I hadn't considered that you hadn't mentioned anything about the character you are going to play. Please forgive me.
Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: BaronessAiyanna on May 10, 2015, 08:35:44 PM
I think the metal-morphing cyborg is a little too much tech, too high tech, for a tech/magic mix world.

What is your stance on chainsaws?

Quote(Why is it never a human guy raping an orc woman?!)

I would comment on this, but I don't want to get in a rant on double standards and sexism in fantasy, the rather distasteful idea of half-breeds resulting from rape, and the issues of why other species always seem up for mating with humans (much less the fact such unions can actually produce viable offspring...)

bows head apologetically
I apologize, Mantis, you are quite right. I hadn't considered that you hadn't mentioned anything about the character you are going to play. Please forgive me.

Oh no, no need for that. :P
Just thought I'd mention. I pretty much never play males.

Aiyanna

What is your stance on chainsaws?

This is where this particular mix of worlds gets tricky. See, being a thousand years in the future, a lot of things aren't going to look the same. I mean, imagine going back to 1088 with an automobile and an automatic rifle. If the frightened, angry mob didn't get you and burn you at the stake for being a demon, no one would understand what you had anyway. Fast forwarding to 3050-ish, certainly historical records will be better (most likely), but there are a lot of things we use today that simply wouldn't be around anymore. I don't think a chainsaw would have made it, particularly not with humans getting all eco-conscious.

QuoteI would comment on this, but I don't want to get in a rant on double standards and sexism in fantasy, the rather distasteful idea of half-breeds resulting from rape, and the issues of why other species always seem up for mating with humans (much less the fact such unions can actually produce viable offspring...)

My point was, that the common cliche is a non-human creature attacking a human. I think the most common explanations for other races going after humans is that they are easy targets, or other races are fascinated by mortality. Not saying I agree with it, just a casual observation.

Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Quote from: BaronessAiyanna on May 11, 2015, 12:25:07 AM
This is where this particular mix of worlds gets tricky. See, being a thousand years in the future, a lot of things aren't going to look the same. I mean, imagine going back to 1088 with an automobile and an automatic rifle. If the frightened, angry mob didn't get you and burn you at the stake for being a demon, no one would understand what you had anyway. Fast forwarding to 3050-ish, certainly historical records will be better (most likely), but there are a lot of things we use today that simply wouldn't be around anymore. I don't think a chainsaw would have made it, particularly not with humans getting all eco-conscious.

What if I come up with an awesome backstory for this relic chainsaw and why it's still around?

My point was, that the common cliche is a non-human creature attacking a human. I think the most common explanations for other races going after humans is that they are easy targets, or other races are fascinated by mortality. Not saying I agree with it, just a casual observation.

Humans do go after other races. It's called adventuring, and it generally involves killing them and taking their stuff.

Chrystal

I was thinking that Gretcha was probably the best fit here - especially as the premise is based around the prejudice towards half-breeds!

I think I'll stay clear of the other discussion except to say that the idea of a human raping an orc is I suppose possible but the orc would have to be the sole survivor of a war-band, being raped by lots of humans...

I am quite happy to discuss possible options for Gretcha's parentage. One of her parents is an orc, the other is human. Which is which, I don't really mind. Equally, one of the parents can be captive slave to the other, or can be a willing slave to the other, or they can actually be quite happy living together as a couple, and alternate who ties the other up in bed!

Gretcha's big problem is that as a green-skin, she doesn't fit in with the humans, elves or other races, but as a pink-blood, she doesn't fit in with the orcs. She would be a perfect candidate for the Rebellion!

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Aiyanna

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 11, 2015, 01:04:16 AM
What if I come up with an awesome backstory for this relic chainsaw and why it's still around?

Only if that back story includes how you're going to power said chainsaw in this day and age, since gasoline and electricity no longer exist. PM it to me and we'll talk.

QuoteHumans do go after other races. It's called adventuring, and it generally involves killing them and taking their stuff.
Quote from: Chrystal on May 11, 2015, 02:44:01 AM
I was thinking that Gretcha was probably the best fit here - especially as the premise is based around the prejudice towards half-breeds!
I think I'll stay clear of the other discussion except to say that the idea of a human raping an orc is I suppose possible but the orc would have to be the sole survivor of a war-band, being raped by lots of humans...
I am quite happy to discuss possible options for Gretcha's parentage. One of her parents is an orc, the other is human. Which is which, I don't really mind. Equally, one of the parents can be captive slave to the other, or can be a willing slave to the other, or they can actually be quite happy living together as a couple, and alternate who ties the other up in bed!

@Mantis: Alright, look. My question about human male attacking an Orc female was not a reference to regular attacks, I meant specifically sexual attacks. It also was not a serious question! Thank you for your input, but let's focus on getting characters here. The main issue here is what character Chrystal wants to play, and said character's parentage will only affect that character, not the story as a whole.

@Chrystal: It's your character, and you're right, with mixed-breeds being a central factor of the story, the half-orc would be a good candidate for a member of the rebellion. Remember, I'm going to work with all of you on case-by-case when you get your characters going.

Speaking of which!

I'll add this to the first post as well, but when you are ready, send me a PM with your character sheet, a character image no larger than 250x250, and the title 'Bloodstains and Ballgowns'. Make sure to specify whether your character belongs to the rebellion, if they are a member of or loyal to the government, or if they are neutral
Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

1. Ah, maybe I'll come up with different idea. I probably had a wrong impression of the whole magic/tech mix you had in mind (though my idea was a magical combustion engine that runs off blood rather than petrol).

2. Sorry, I have a tendency to latch onto strange arguments.

Aiyanna

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 11, 2015, 08:55:30 PM
1. Ah, maybe I'll come up with different idea. I probably had a wrong impression of the whole magic/tech mix you had in mind (though my idea was a magical combustion engine that runs off blood rather than petrol).

2. Sorry, I have a tendency to latch onto strange arguments.

It's alright, like I said, the mix is a little tricky. But really, if you do have a great backstory for your chainsaw, I'm willing to accept it. I mean, we have thousand year old pieces of art, bowls, tools, decorations, etc. in museums today. And a blood engine would be something suitably magical/creepy/inspired to suit the story. The explanation doesn't have to be complicated, it just has to fit.

And it's alright, I do it too. I'm just trying to focus because I know I don't have very much GM experience, and I want to make this fun for everyone.
Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Right. I'll get going that character profile PM then.

So then this is mostly fantasy then, with any tech being super ancient artifacts and being rather rare? Not a kind of steampunky/final fantasy-ish setting?

My character concept should work, but might push the boundary in some ways (they'd probably be something of an archaeologist with an interesting in reviving lost sciences, so I'll need to get a better idea of what might be 'too far').

Aiyanna

No, Mantis, the tech is going to be what's left over from the fall of a society that is 800 years in the future. Yes, older technology, like a chainsaw, would be rare. The older it is, the rarer it is. There would be more records of recent technology to start rebuilding, and people would focus on that because it would be more useful. I can't compare to Final Fantasy because I don't know anything about it.

I think the idea of an archaeologist type character is delightful. I definitely want to see what you've come up with.
Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Ahhh. So, more advanced technology would be easier to find (though the power/infrastructure to run it has been wrecked?), as opposed to more primitive technologies being more common in a fantasy universe.

Aiyanna

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 11, 2015, 11:08:30 PM
Ahhh. So, more advanced technology would be easier to find (though the power/infrastructure to run it has been wrecked?), as opposed to more primitive technologies being more common in a fantasy universe.

Exactly! People are figuring out how to run things with 'batteries' and crystal energy and magical generators again, but it's a build up. See, they make a steam engine to make the parts for an electric/gas engine, then use that to make the parts for a more advanced engine, then the advanced engine to do something even more advanced....and so on and so forth. But that's just the human technology, learning to use magic in conjunction with advanced sciences

The Faerie races never stopped using 'medieval' weapons and technology, they just advanced their devices with magic, rather than science. Then humans and Faerie come together, and you've got a whole mess of different ideas and technologies and methods running rampant over each other. That's why, as long as you come up with a convincing story for an item that isn't too high tech for the story, I'm willing to run with it.
Ideas
O/o's

Mantis Shrimp Prime

Any other particular format you want for the character sheet?

Aiyanna

Quote from: Mantis Shrimp Prime on May 11, 2015, 11:32:04 PM
Any other particular format you want for the character sheet?

looks annoyed with herself

sigh

I probably should make a format....poop.

I really hate BBCode, to be honest

Alright, just do this:

Image:
Name:
Race:
Orientation:
Personality:
Weapons/important possessions:
Abilities:
Alliance:
Background:
Player Name:

Add colors if you want to, I'll make them all uniform and pretty and whatnot when I make a character thread. I may add more later, but that's all I can think of for now.

Ideas
O/o's

Chrystal

You two are getting on like a house on fire...

Is there anyone else playing?

LOL

Something about chainsaws:

A chainsaw is the most labour-efficient "non-magical" way of cutting up wood that is man-portable. I own a small electric chainsaw, and believe me it is a lot easier to cut a log with it than to use a hand saw. Wood is the most readily available AND easily renewable resource for building material and fuel. Given that there has been a devastating war that has probably laid waste to cities and reduced the Earth's population by quite a lot (followed by the attendant famine, plague and death), the forests would be taking over again... It doesn't take long for nature to reclaim what mankind has abandoned! So trees would not be in short supply and I would think a chainsaw would be something the non-magical humans would want to re-discover.

Just my thought.

I'll dig up Gretcha's charsheet from wherever it's hiding...

Mantis Shrimp Prime

It's also the least efficient way of cutting up people, but the challenge is part of the fun.

Elf

I'm still working my character concept, but am toying with the idea of a human dragon half breed. He would the only child of a willing marriage between a human male and the female dragon that feel in love with him. After learning that she had become pregnant she used most of her magical energies to remain in her human form throughout the pregnancy. However due to her true nature of being an egg laying being giving birth to a live baby she died giving birth. My character would be part of the rebellion wanting bring all sentient beings together so that a way could be found to keep both parents of such unions as his parents would not be fatal to one.

He would have two forms, that of a human male and a dragon humanoid.

Sasquatch421

Sounds interesting! If I can make up my mind character wise that is.... Two favorite races are Minotaurs and Halflings! A Halfling character could be extremely adaptable for anything needed story wise.

Chrystal

Quote from: BaronessAiyanna on May 12, 2015, 12:05:37 AM
I really hate BBCode, to be honest

[float=right][img height=250 padding=5]Image URL Goes Here[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Weapons/important possessions:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Alliance:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Player Name:[/b]

I fine BBCode easy. You only need to ask!

Aiyanna

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on May 12, 2015, 12:38:38 PM
Sounds interesting! If I can make up my mind character wise that is.... Two favorite races are Minotaurs and Halflings! A Halfling character could be extremely adaptable for anything needed story wise.

Welcome to the game :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Quote from: Chrystal on May 12, 2015, 05:03:40 PM

I fine BBCode easy. You only need to ask![/spoiler]

I didn't say it was hard, I said I hated it. I will format the character sheets as I get them, thank you. Also, if people do use that code, make sure you fix the image height. I said 250x250, not 300.
Ideas
O/o's

Chrystal

Sasquatch421

Quote from: BaronessAiyanna on May 12, 2015, 05:59:23 PM
Welcome to the game :) I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Thanks! I have a whole bunch of ideas bouncing around in my skull... Most of them dealing with Halfling's and a coupler of Kender's. I toyed with things like maybe doing a typical Halfling rogue and having be a palace placed spy in the resistance or possibly a resistance placed spy in the palace. If I went a magic route I could have more warlock like with a pact being made with a fey spirit or maybe one of his or her ancestor's married a dragon and he ended up with magical powers.

I'm even toying with a monkish idea, because the though of him using some taller person's testicles as a speed bag made me laugh. Could also do a slight combination if it could be worked out just right. Like say he started down a monks path, but stumbled onto said spirit and made a pact or the magic of his bloodline activated.
Too many ideas! Still unsure of a sex though, I could work with whatever is needed and any other people showing up... What our Male and Female ratio at the moment?

Edit: Scrapped the Halfling ideas for going Tiefling...