Renegade Misfits – An Original Final Fantasy RP

Started by Miyr, June 07, 2010, 01:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henderson

Automaton #183 stopped its hammering to adress whoever had spoken to him. "Hello. This one is pleased to inform you that of the two female humans that this one was carrying yesterday, one was un-named and the other was Overseer Bordeaux" He stood up to his full height, hammer still in one hand "This one was distracted by his orders yesterday. This one recognises that you were the medic who provided repair work to Overseer Bordeaux?" He asked, staring unblinkingly into ineis' face.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kineas

"Yeah, that was me, although I'm not an official medic, so I'd like it if you didn't refer to me as one. Thank you for your time, do carry on with your previous instructions." Ienis nodded to the machine, and then continued on his way to the storerooms.

"Oh, it's Ienis." One of the guards jeered. "Here to save the day? Be my guest." The other guard seemed a little uncomfortable with his co-workers sneering, but they both stood aside to let him pass without him having to say a word. He took the opportunity to remain silent and let himself in the front door. He set about examining the place, thoroughly and methodically, working his way left to right, bottom to top, in to out.

(ooc: i didn't wanna go to much farther than inside since i figure i'll be bumping into your character soon x3)

Henderson

"This one has been ordered to 'Keep its eyes out for you'." #183 told Ienis as he followed him to the door of the warehouse, having left his tools behind. "Lacking any eyes, this one will follow you until it receives new orders. Please continue with what you are doing, This one will simply follow and attempt to continue to follow orders as best as it can" 183 informed him, standing behind the man in the doorway. "This one has been ordered to save lives. It will attempt to save your life, since you did the same for its Overseer."
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kineas

((backtracking a bit for a moment)) "You were ... ugh." Ienis shook his head. "Alright, I guess. I can deal with that for now."

--

When an unknown figure suddenly bolted for the door from the other side of the warehouse, there wasn't much he could do... nor anything he felt he needed to do. There was no way a man could push past a worker automaton, so he calmly (but with an effort to be heard over intense running) addressed the mysterious figure.

"Hold up. If you run I'll assume you're the guilty party. Talk with me a moment, but try to keep yourself from being heard by the two outside the door. One of them at least is the sort to shoot first and ask questions later."

Henderson

#183 looked down at the suddenly appearing man that had gone running shoulderfirst into his chassis, knocking him back a single step but not managing to knock him out of the way. He reached down to help steady the man with a hand. "This one did not mean to stand in your way" He says, not moving.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Henderson

#183 looked at his own hands, turning them this way and that after the quick feild repair. he clenched his hand open and close a few times, looking back at the man. "This one made its own repairs." He pointed out. "This one is a substandard engineer and should report itself immediately to an overseer" He added, looking like he was about to turn to move out of the building, instead stopping and obviously thinking this through "This one has received orders requiring him to 'Keep his eyes on' this man" He said, apparantly to himself "... This one will report his own failings as soon as he can, without disobeying orders" It seemed to be a conclusion to the self-crisis that the automaton was comfortable with, turning back to stand watching Ienis.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kineas

"I find that to be acceptable. #183, while we accompany this person, do try to be as quiet as you can. I'm sure drawing undue attention is not something on his agenda. As for me, I simply wish to see wrongs turned right. People will die without this food, and I am most certainly not okay with that." It's pretty clear that Ienis is dead serious. "My name is Ienis. How shall I call you?"

Kineas

I guess today I lucked out. Ienis strode past #183 and back outside, assuming it would follow him without further instruction. The rude guard started to speak, but Ienis moved past him quickly and deliberately, ignoring him completely. Ienis didn't come from the wealthiest kind of background, and wasn't altogether unfamiliar with how to proceed under these circumstances. He moved a reasonable distance, an extra two streets down, and came back around from the other side to where they were to meet back up. There's always a chance that he's just going to take me off and ambush me, but for their sake I hope that's not the case. I won't be trifled with while lives are at stake.

Miyr

Alexia was wiping the sweat off of her brow as she glanced around the area she was currently working in. Her hair was not as pretty as it was when she had come down to the damaged area, now plastered to her head from sweat. Catching her breath eventually, she unbuttoned the vest around her torso a bit so that the top of her cleavage was exposed, fanning herself as she sat down in the shade. The men from her father's company continued to work around her, but she failed to notice. She had passed out food and clothing to many children and survivors, but also been gathering up packages of supplies to be given out to families. In the chaos of it all, Alexia had forgotten to eat or drink anything, and felt the pain in her belly.

Walking over to a different area than she had been working in, she quickly dumped a spoonful of water on top of her head and wiped her face with the back of her hand before picking up two rolls. Eagerly chewing at them, Alexia walked around a bit as she took in the scene around her, the warm sun making the water in her hair slowly dry. She noticed that #183 had gone off to work long ago, and couldn't help but smirk to herself. Even for an automation, she got some enjoyment out of his antics. Rubbing her hand over the thigh that had been injured the day before, Alexia focused herself on working once again and returned to the area that men from her father's company were currently handing out supplies.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Geradine

Gerad worked with those handing out the food, his healer's robes singling him out for people who had scrapes and scratches, and the occasional broken bone. he healed them all, talking with them as he did so, and ammused the little children who were brought to him with small little tricks.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Miyr

After getting her latest set of instructions from the crew working under her father’s company, Alexia quickly got to work moving supplies around the affected area and was sent off on an errand that would take her through the more remote area that had been destroyed by the airship. It was within this area that there were very few people working, for the damage had been that extensive to the shopping district.

Carefully stepping over pieces of rubble and broken glass, Alexia quickly made her way deeper into the torn area and began to search for what she had been looking for. There was a special device that could be used to help aid the sick and a local shop owner that had been friends with her father requested that it be retrieved. She had a vague memory of what it looked like, for she was reminded about it before being sent out. Pushing some of the wreckage aside, for this area hadn’t been cleaned up yet by the workers, Alexia eventually found the device.

It was no larger than a small dog, and Alexia quickly wrapped it up in a large sheet she found and made a makeshift carrying pouch. Once it was tied around her side and shoulder, she started to crawl out of the rubble and return to the area that had workers actively moving. She did her best to watch where she walked, not wanting to obtain another injury. But regardless of her careful treading, Alexia was not able to avoid misfortune.

Stepping upon something that wasn’t as stable as she thought, Alexia let out a shrill cry as she fell through the city street and down into the sewer system. Bricks and debris came crashing down upon her, and she instinctively covered her head. Once the dust had settled, she sat up upon the ledge she had fallen upon and glanced up with a groan. She was probably ten feet within the ground, far too high for her to climb out of, especially considering that the stone holding the city road up was weak enough to break under her weight already. Alexia knew that this would not provide her escape route, and yelled for help a few times to no avail. She knew she was alone right now, and that she needed to move toward an exit point or toward the working crews to get assistance.

Shifting the bag around her side, the item seemingly unaffected by her fall, Alexia trudged forward through the rubble and along the ledge beside the sewer track. This area of the sewer was reserved for water runoff it appeared, which immediately was a relief for the young merchant. The trickle of water was a bit soothing considering all the stress she had been under, including the fear of suddenly being thrown into the waterway system without a way to escape. But thankfully the stench wasn’t as horrid as Alexia imagined it would be. Letting out a heavy sigh, she did her best to see in the darkened channel and make her way toward the people working, feeling her way around as she occasionally called out for help to see if anyone could hear her. The chaos that was the wreckage zone also provided a distraction for many, so her absence would be overlooked and forgotten for awhile. Alexia knew that if she stayed down there for too long that she could easily get lost. And when nightfall came to the large city. . .no one would be around to search for her.

-Miyr

Kineas

Ienis barely managed to catch the key that was tossed at him, but he didn't have much trouble keeping up as they walked. He didn't hesitate when they got to the waterway grate. Opening it immediately, he lowered himself down silently. Once at the bottom, he spoke back to the surface. "183, are you able to operate safely in areas of high moisture?"

BlueEyedBard

(I didn't notice if it was ever said but would you all be opposed to another character joining? A bad-guy, as it were, help keep the plot moving?)
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Miyr

((Please post your question in our OOC thread. This is the actual RP thread so this isn't the place to have this discussion. Thanks~ https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71100.100))

-Miyr

Henderson

"This one is designed to thrive in a moisture rich environment sir. This one can collect water to power itself whilst there and will be able to survive prolongued exposure to rain-like environments. This one is sorry to inform you that it is not designed for prolongued underwater work" #183 gestured with a hand as it spoke, reaching inside its mouth and pulling a tongue-like rubber tube from inside to show them the water collection hose.
     "This one will continue to save lives and monitor Ienis as ordered." He pointed out, saluting with a loud metal clang as his hand hit his head.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Nevermore of blood ravens

Sasha sat atop the rubble of his studio watching the crowds of people in quiet disbelief. He had worked to hard to escape the chaos of his military life, only to have a different form of chaos thrust upon him now. He scanned the crowds again and three men caught his attention, looking closer he realized that it was two men and one of those damned mechanicals, they appeared to be messing with a grate in the road so he decides to go and get a closer look and slipped down from the pile of broken stone.

Kineas

Ienis smiled, ever so slightly, when he was told to lead the way. "Certainly." He thought about what way the thief was more likely to be. The thief would have to have had knowledge of the storehouse, so probably lived in the city. He was also going to be connected to the waterways somehow, so there's a halfway decent probability that he wasn't wealthy and that he'd hide his merchandise near to his home for 'safekeeping'. Ienis decided to start walking in the direction of the residential areas of the poorer side of town as best he could. He didn't feel really good about the fact that his own home was in that direction, but it's all he had to work with for now. From their location, they would likely pass under the closer side of the shopping district on the way, which would be his second best guess as to where the food would be kept; where it would be easily handed over to a buyer. As he walked he considered exploring that area a little more thoroughly as they passed by... it might save time.

First though, he focused his energy, casting his protect spell upon himself. In the dark it would be almost indestinguishable, creating nothing more than a brief ripple in the air. Any traps would find themselves up against a surprisingly resilient target.

"In case their is a conflict, are you confidant in your ability to defend yourself?" He asked Baleron without turning back.

Kineas

"I simply prefer not to make assumptions." Ienis replied easily enough. It seemed for a moment like he was going to continue speaking, but he must have thought better of it.

Part of Ienis' training into his current position involved a very meticulous memorization of all the roads and tunnels of the city. He was supposed to be an elite guard after all, and if he didn't know his way around he'd have a pretty hard time keeping up with someone who... well, who had the same skill set as Baleron, for example. As a result, he could recall where all the tunnels connected and entwined, so he made a point of stopping in at dead ends that had some measure of convenience and security both.

He looked over at Baleron for a moment. In all honesty he doubted he could catch that one without the element of surprise. While he slept. Ienis took this opportunity to thank the gods that he had pursued the defender's route instead of the pursuers.

As they walked though, Ienis thought he could hear an echo of a voice from far away. It carried the tone of a yell, although from this distance he couldn't be sure. He turned to Baleron without speaking, assuming he noticed it too and wondering at his reaction.

Miyr

Continuing down the waterway, Alexia touched the sides as she walked through the darkness, making sure the device was still with her. Occasionally she would slip on something slick, yelping out in fright as she steadied herself then would press onward. She had no idea where she was going, but she was certain that if she went the direction her gut told her to go that the work crews were in, she’d find something.

Occasionally she would hear the echoes of voices, from varied directions, and would call out curiously but quietly. She didn’t want to exhaust herself, so she quietly made her way in the dark by feeling along the walls, staying close to it to not fall into the actual run off in the waterway. That’d be too disgusting, even for Alexia being a rebel of the noble class. Part of her was beginning to panic, now in the dark waterway for over an hour at least. Her inner thoughts were racing, frantic almost, and she knew that she could be in serious trouble if something came along and possibly tried to eat her. But there weren’t monsters in the waterway. . . Right?

-Miyr

Kineas

Ienis was fast on Baleron's heels as they sped towards the call of distress. He kept his hand on his sword as they ran. It was rare, but not unheard of, for there to be incidents in the waterways. Rarer still when a few monsters would work their way in upstream, but it had happened. He prayed that it wasn't happening now, for the sake of whoever was down there.

He kept an eye on the waters. You could tell, usually, if a slime or similar thing was in the waters by the way the water moved. Even though the monster was almost a fluid thing itself, it would still leave ripples when it passed, and disrupt the flow of water when it held still.

Surely she couldn't be much farther? For a moment he thought he saw a disturbance in the waters, but it was short lived enough that it could have been something else. He slowly drew his sword anyways, just in case.

Geradine

Gerad was walking slowly back to where he lived after being stationed in the city when he heard a faint sound coming from a nearby sewer grate. walking over curiously, he heard both the sound of someone screaming for help and the unmistakable clanking of armor. he looked at the locked grate, put his staff in the gap between the edge of the grate and the cobblestones, and used his staff as a lever to break the lock and open the grate. he entered the waterway, the screaming coming from one direction, the clanking from the other. he headed towards the screaming in case whoever it was was injured.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Kineas

Ienis almost didn't slow down. Sure, he paused long enough to not run into Baleron, but honestly, slimes were one of the less serious threats in the world. With Ienis' power to shield himself and his swordsmanship training as a guard, they had approximately the threat level of a three year old child brandishing a lollipop. He did however fully recognize that an unarmed civilian would have no way of fighting back against a slime, due to the fact that they basically just rsn over you with their somewhat acidic bodies and digested you on the spot, he proceeded carving a path. He had to stoop a little to slice in a logical way for how small they were, but he didn't miss when he swung his sword.

Priority number one was getting to the person who was in distress down here, so he made sure to keep his speed up regardless of whether or not he had killed them all yet.

Miyr

The clanking of armor could be heard throughout the pathways of the waterway, and Alexia found herself sighing with relief. She wasn’t very fond of being stuck in the dark, but then again she was all by herself and had every right to be a bit paranoid. Quickening her pace, Alexia trudged toward the voices, following the wall of the waterway as she listened intently. Hearing a banging of sorts, she lifted her head to see a tiny glimmer of light. There is someone down here! she thought relieved and quickly darted toward it.

As her booted foot landed upon the walkway, Alexia heard a loud clank from another dark corridor and shuddered in shock. It had alarmed her no doubt, and she felt her footing suddenly go out from underneath her as she slipped, falling flat onto her face. Grimacing in pain, she slowly looked down at her hands feeling a strange substance. . . It was like water, but red and green and more like an ooze. Alexia immediately paled. This was from the monsters of the waterway. She’d heard stories of them as a child, but considering she’d never been in the waterway before she had never seen one. Quickly getting to her feet, she slowly moved forward through the colored ooze and tried to not slip again, wiping her hands on the side of the waterway’s ledge. This is so disgusting. . . she thought to herself as she moved forward before halting.

Right before her were two of the slime monsters. . . Red and green. . . Blocking her path. On the other side were people, and #183. Her heart soared when she recognized the living machine, and then realized that the man who had healed  her was in the group. The slimes seemed unprovoked for the moment, so she stayed quiet, just quickly moving her arms around in the air. They must have heard her yelps of surprise, and gentle calls into the darkness. They had to be there to help her get out, right?

-Miyr

Henderson

As Ienis started to fight the blobs of undiscernable matter that had surrounded them, #183 stood still and watched. He didn't understand that there was any threat, his metal hands down by his sides as he looked down at the mobile globs of goo that had started to get closer to him. While the fight occured behind him, he knelt down slowly and reached a hand out to touch one of them.
     An acrid smell began to emanate from the creature, as well as a quiet sizzling noise. He leant down to see what was causing it, only to find that the smell and the noise were both caused by the metal of his fingers dissolving slowly. With a concerned thought that he might be breaking his orders, he pulled his hand away only to have the blob come with it, moving further up his arm as it tried to slowly engulf him. Concern turned to panic as he was suddenly aware that something could very much stop him from existing was in fact trying to, his emotionless face betraying the new emotion that was coursing through the tubing that served as his veins.
     He clenched his hand hard in an attempt to save the soft rubber on his palm, only to find the creature make a shreiking noise. A thought cut straight through his panic, a sudden moment of clarity as to what he was dealing with here. "Stop damaging them!" #183 shouted loudly towards the fight behind him. "They are alive!"
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Miyr

Alexia was horrified to hear #183 shriek out the way he did. She had never heard a sound like that before in her entire life, and quickly looked to see what was causing it. Slimes were climbing up his arms and disintegrating the metal and rubber that his hands were comprised of. Now acting on instinct, Alexia made her way toward him, wanting to comfort the machine that belonged to her family. She had admired his dutiful observation of her orders, and was quite surprised to see him display such emotion. However, there had always been something unique about the machine, how he picked her up and ran off with her when she was injured the day before. It had been comical, and scary at the same time. And the man who had saved her the day before quickly launched himself into battle with the slimes, . . clearly there was more to him that met the eye. Alexia knew that there was more going on, but they needed to get out of here. . . And fast.

Seeing the man approach her, Alexia slightly halted in her advances and stared up at him confused. She assumed he was trying to save her, but it was the awkward, We're going the same way type of thing and trying to get around each other. Then she saw him pull out the flute-like object. Watching puzzled, not understanding what it was for, she soon covered her ears and whimpered to the shrill sound as it forced the slimes away. Part of her was thankful they were going the other way, but the rest of her shrieked out for it to stop because it was making her head ring. As soon as it was over, Alexia pushed herself past the man with the flute and went to #183. "Status report, #183. That's an order." Her voice was assertive and firm, hoping to snap the machine out of it's crazed emotional state and get him to calm down. By her being as direct as possible, she was reminding him of who she was and that he had to obey her.

-Miyr