On the run (VAN)

Started by Sunshiner, September 07, 2009, 07:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshiner

This was the third night in the cold for Drake.  He’d been hiding in hedgerows or woods, wrapped in his coat and scarf, trying to sleep but always alert to sounds.  In the day time, he had tried to find somewhere warm, where the sunshine might thaw the damp from his bones, but he dare not risk being compromised; there were soldiers everywhere.

Tonight, he was desperate.  He had waited until 2 hours after dark, and then headed towards a light that was visible on a distant hill.  As he neared the light, he realised that it was a farmhouse and was careful to avoid detection by dogs or geese or any other animals that might alert the occupiers to his presence. 

Drake was able to drink fresh water, and eat apples and carrots that had been left for the animals. 

The light still glowed from the window.  He yearned for the warmth and comfort that was just a few yards from where he sat.  He would have waited there, and watched, but the rain began and he needed shelter. There was none.  The barns were secured and so he nestled under some farm machinery, listening to the rain tap against the cold metal roof.

As light came, he moved swiftly from his shelter, moving towards an outhouse that had become visible.  There was no lock, and he entered to find a storeroom filled with sacks of potatoes, carrots and swede.  They were stacked neatly against the walls, and he knew that he could find a secret shelter behind them.  As he began moving them, another door opened and a young woman entered.  She saw him immediately, and gasped.  In the panic of the moment, he ran to her and stopped her leaving.  He knew this was madness but there were no alternatives.

With his hand round her mouth, he indicated to her to be quiet with a single finger to his lips.  She nodded.   Then he smiled.  Her eyes were defiant and he knew he must work hard and quickly to demonstrate no harm would come to her.

+++

I’d like to see her warm to him and agree to hide him from her parents.

I’d like to be Drake; can you be the young woman?

Vampricprincessty

I would like to be the young woman. PM me.