Yahoo Messenger - Proxy Server

Started by Blitzy, May 24, 2015, 09:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitzy

When I try to log in to Yahoo Messenger, I am getting this error message:

When I go into Internet Explorer (which is not my primary browser) and click at the settings, I have nothing in the Proxy Server and I honestly don't know what to do to fix this.

Halp? :)
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

Oniya

If you hit the 'Show Details' button, what do you get?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Blitzy

It gives me connecting to my IP Server statuses.

The spot that it fails is here:

Checking login servers...
[Login] Connecting to login server _______... [PASSED]
[Login] FAILED
***  'COMPONENT_TYPE_WININET' value: '12031' ***

(I removed the IP Address that was listed)

Oniya

Did anything out of the ordinary occur before this started happening?  Installing/removing programs, any other connectivity issues etc?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Blitzy

Nope. Just the YIM issues. I don't have any issues logging into any other websites, programs, etc.

I may just try uninstalling and re-installing YIM.

Oniya

You might also try entering a public DNS into the proxy server settings, such as OpenDNS or Google DNS.  The instances that I've seen where this has happened involved a reconfiguration by another piece of software, such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN), where the computer tries to connect to a 127.x.x.x address to resolve the host names.