News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

The big reason for getting it on Varus is spreading his passive around faster which can lead to massive burst damage in teamfights. That's a pretty great effect from one item. Similar reasoning for Teemo to get his poison onto more targets at once where his poison tends to do much more damage than the attacks themselves so the increased speed and spread helps a lot where the lowered split damage per attack doesn't take anything away.

Caitlyn, though? For her it's just some extra spread damage. Not nearly as significant.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

on cait id go your standard greaves, BT, PD, IE, LW, token defensive item/wards

Aestas

I agree that Hurricane is amazing on Teemo.  I do not think I have ever considered getting it on anyone else.  Why would you bother with it on irelia at all, since it is a ranged item?

Ryven

And now when I tell my team not to target leona because she's the damn tank, they get bitchy with me for telling them what to do.  It's not even like I was mean about it or I was ordering them around the whole time.  It was the one time I said anything, and they get bitchy because I happen to have a clue about what I'm doing.  I hate everything.

ofDelusions

Quote from: Shjade on May 29, 2013, 05:25:58 AM
The big reason for getting it on Varus is spreading his passive around faster which can lead to massive burst damage in teamfights. That's a pretty great effect from one item. Similar reasoning for Teemo to get his poison onto more targets at once where his poison tends to do much more damage than the attacks themselves so the increased speed and spread helps a lot where the lowered split damage per attack doesn't take anything away.

Caitlyn, though? For her it's just some extra spread damage. Not nearly as significant.

It counts as extra attacks for Caitlyn's passive. Same as with Kennen's W and Graves' E.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 29, 2013, 10:45:12 AM
It counts as extra attacks for Caitlyn's passive. Same as with Kennen's W and Graves' E.

Awesome in teamfights on kennen because you can stun a whole team.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 29, 2013, 10:45:12 AM

Ehh...that seems fairly good for Graves for the mobility if nothing else, but for Caitlyn...I dunno, I think I'd still favor a BoRK for anti-tank damage or something like a BV or GA to not die over stacking headshot faster.
◕/◕'s

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Shjade on May 29, 2013, 04:46:07 AM
Why a Hurricane?

I felt a little froggy, and decided to try something I never use. ^___^

SinXAzgard21

So, Singed has been getting a lot of heat lately.  This new strategy called "proxy farming" is causing a lot of rage.  Has anyone experienced this personally.

ZionSpartan as Singed.  Look at his k/d and his gear.

Ryven

Proxy farming?  Wazzat?

Kaedia

The person who made it really popular is a Diamond 1 player by the name of Druiddroid. He's been streaming it lately and... it looks so stupid... but so effective. It's also called Suicide Singed. You just proxy farm all game. You die so much that anything they invest to kill you just isn't worth it and if they don't stop you since you are Singed you will push you take towers. A win/win. Druid said the best counter-play to it is smart play from the laner.

I've fought against it once so far and it wasn't so bad to deal with. Just annoying. You and your team just have to make a decision; either keep the Singed down or ignore him. Ignoring him allows the Jungler to just gank two lanes and leaves the top laner to do what he can. Shutting him down early will hopefully result in your top laner being able to shut down Singed by himself by mid game. Mid to late game force team fights. Just push hard. 5v4 you should be able to win give or take a teleport.

Also never chase a Singed.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Zefie on June 02, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
The person who made it really popular is a Diamond 1 player by the name of Druiddroid. He's been streaming it lately and... it looks so stupid... but so effective. It's also called Suicide Singed. You just proxy farm all game. You die so much that anything they invest to kill you just isn't worth it and if they don't stop you since you are Singed you will push you take towers. A win/win. Druid said the best counter-play to it is smart play from the laner.

I've fought against it once so far and it wasn't so bad to deal with. Just annoying. You and your team just have to make a decision; either keep the Singed down or ignore him. Ignoring him allows the Jungler to just gank two lanes and leaves the top laner to do what he can. Shutting him down early will hopefully result in your top laner being able to shut down Singed by himself by mid game. Mid to late game force team fights. Just push hard. 5v4 you should be able to win give or take a teleport.

Also never chase a Singed.

The issues still remains, singed doesn't care if he dies.  If he is proxy farming right, he'll still get full build and murder enemy team.  I've seen a stream with the proxy farm and they tried keeping singed pinned down. Mid game singed was nearly full build, minions couldn't get to the towers and he started murdering people.

Kaedia

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 02, 2013, 05:29:44 PM
The issues still remains, singed doesn't care if he dies.  If he is proxy farming right, he'll still get full build and murder enemy team.  I've seen a stream with the proxy farm and they tried keeping singed pinned down. Mid game singed was nearly full build, minions couldn't get to the towers and he started murdering people.

It all depends on how it is played. If you get your top to the point he can easily 1v1 the Singed he can't free farm. He only doesn't care to die if he can get the farm. Remove his ability to get the farm and he's literally useless. The problem with doing that is it usually will leave your other lanes weaker because the jungler is dedicating to top and their jungler is ganking the other lanes. If your lanes play smart it works.

Now the reverse strategy of ignoring him works if your champion scales harder than Singed. What proxy farming does is just trade farm. If you are the top lane against a proxy farm you now have free farm of the enemy minions just like Singed has free farm of yours. Take the farm and aim to equal his farm and out scale him if you have a champion who can. Proxy Singed works mostly due to the inability for Yolo Queue teams to coordinate and how tunnel visioned players get. I'm really guilty of it. You see an annoying Singed who is Proxy farming and suddenly you want to kill him even though killing him really does nothing.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.

Shjade

Sorta funny how a full three posts after Ryven asked what proxy farming is kept talking about the effects of proxy farming...and never actually answered "what is proxy farming?"

[noembed]Apparently it's when you farm behind the enemy team's turrets so that their minions never reach the lane.[/noembed]
◕/◕'s

Kaedia

Yeah. Proxy is an inaccurate term for what it actually is but it's the term that stuck. It's when you farm without a minion line or assistance generally behind enemy towers. Most often it is done between first and second tower. Rarely done between the second and third. And Suicide Singed likes to do it in base. I've seen some Singed farm at the enemy nexus getting two waves a time. Proxy farming is used to force your creep line to the enemy tower in hopes the enemy will have harder time CSing and to prevent tower damage. Doesn't always work out like that but in design that's what it's for. Oh and also since you are the only one dealing damage to the minions you are guaranteed to get all the CS.
My Status:
Open.

Ryven

Quote from: Shjade on June 02, 2013, 10:10:40 PM
Sorta funny how a full three posts after Ryven asked what proxy farming is kept talking about the effects of proxy farming...and never actually answered "what is proxy farming?"

[noembed]Apparently it's when you farm behind the enemy team's turrets so that their minions never reach the lane.[/noembed]

I actually ended up googling it and found an entire video of a game where one player used it.  It seems like a sneaky trick, but I don't see how it can be that detrimental if you play smarter.  You would have to coordinate pushing the tower at top because of the lack of minion waves, but I don't see how it can't be overcome with a little communication.  As Zefie said, it seems like it benefits most from PUG groups who randomly queue.

Shjade

It's strange. In LoL this is apparently some kind of weird pseudo-OP/broken strat, but in DotA 2 this would be basic gameplay for the off laner if they're, say, Lone Druid, just pulling the enemy creep wave from behind their turret with his bear pet to bring it to behind his own turret to farm safely. Though that's minus the suicide part.

Lone Druid Opening Trick - DOTA 2

Basically if the opening into top lane right behind the enemy turret didn't have LoS-breaking bushes in it, Singed could do something similar to this and farm the wave away from turret without suiciding to do it, which would probably be even more effective than the suicidal version.

It'd work a lot better against some champions than others, too. Galio, for instance, should be able to counter that pretty easily just by leveling up Bulwark first, since he could then stand in his own creep wave in front of his tower and get healed tanking them by level 3 or 5 or so, though he'd be slower clearing the wave until he could get Q up as well. Nasus wouldn't give a crap with his innate lifesteal after a couple of levels either. Any champion who can tank a creep wave from relatively early on shouldn't care about this happening in their lane, though the Singed would still end up farmed even if turrets aren't dying and he's not starving his opposition.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

My cure to Suicide Singed, five man rushing two towers mid and saying fuck top lane.

Shjade

<so many expletives here>

I really hate losing games because Comcast decides I should DC at random times to feed free kills to the enemy and give them turrets while I'm not even in the game.

Just.

Fuck.

*plays a vs AI game for win of the day after three rounds of this bullshit*
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on June 03, 2013, 12:16:31 AM
<so many expletives here>

I really hate losing games because Comcast decides I should DC at random times to feed free kills to the enemy and give them turrets while I'm not even in the game.

Just.

Fuck.

*plays a vs AI game for win of the day after three rounds of this bullshit*

You have that same fucking issue too.  I swear it only happens when I'm doing well.  Fuck Comcast.

Shjade

It happens whenever to me. We were losing already, but during my DC our turret went from about 90% health to completely gone. And I didn't even die, so I couldn't buy when I got back. -.-
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

My favorite moment of the night...  Playing Kennen mid vs Twisted Fate.  Killed him twice pre 6, easy farm, dude is spamming his pick a card and stunning minions.  Easy day.  TF ults top and kills Lee Sin.  The conversation goes like this:

Lee sin:  Mid wtf?
Me: I pinged and you know when he ults that shit above your head is a good indication to get away from bushes.
Lee sin: (silent rest of game.)

apygoos

so for the Esports followers out there: we might be looking at Crs Edward, possible leak/confirm on Saintvicious' stream last night

The Golden Touch

Just... Don't even want to pick this game back up.

-Shrug-

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

apygoos

based onthe microbits that morello has said people have theory crafted who the ultimate skin is for down to three champions:
Morde
Irelia
Udyr

we know its a melee champion
they have the letter E as teh 4th letter in at least one of their skills
when saying its a melee champ, Morello stressed the sord Spirit in his post
Xenlath early on in the thread said it was not morello's champion, thus some people giving the nod towards Irelia. im personally hoping its Udyr if its only one of those three.