News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Chasing Amy Discussion

Started by Henreich, October 19, 2009, 10:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henreich

I'd first like to state, this topic does have to do with sex, but not describing it, nothing explicit. If there's a problem though please let me know.

Anyways,
In Kevin Smith's "Chasing Amy", the main character, Holden McNeil, falls in love with a lesbian, Alyssa Jones. Alyssa ends up falling for Holden and they end up dating, but here is when the the plot gains a lot of its conflict. Holden starts to have "hold ups" about Alyssa's former boy friends/sexual encounters. (Fingercuffs... hehehehehehe)

I saw this movie again recently, and have found it funny and entertaining in the past. I still do, but now it seems harder to relate to, it's something I haven't thought about much before though. My question: Why care about what your significant other has done in the past, I can see maybe for a disease for example, but sexual exploits?

My question for you guys and gals is, would you care? I personally wouldn't or don't think you should, but is there reason I'm maybe not thinking of on why I should? Or have a "hold up" about? Anyone back up my opinion? I want to see what other people's perceptions/experiences with this are.

At first I found this ridiculous, but then realized I haven't had to much experience in the whole significant other department.  :P  That's why I want to hear other people's opinions.
Ons and Offs

Me not that kind of orc!

Kyung Soon

Welp.

Personally, I don't care about the exploits either.
x.x Because oh man, would that mean the pot calling the kettle black.
(Or however that expression is used.)

But. I have been Alyssa Jones' end, so to speak. Past significant others have had loads of issues with me and my experiences. I'm a big believer in "don't kiss and tell" myself, but for whatever reason, others ask questions and inquire about things they really, really don't want to know. >_<; It goes back to an individual's insecurities, I think. The more comfortable someone is with themselves, and with their partners, the less likely they are to care about what said partner has done. O-o Make sense?
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

[I am currently:] OKAY. So like. Yea.

Henreich

I have to say that makes perfect sense
Ons and Offs

Me not that kind of orc!

Zinder

I care a little. I mean: OK, it doesn't really matter what my lover did in the past but still - some experiences counts. Maybe that’s why so many great things start with “have you ever tried …?”
Emotionally speaking – what’s done is done and I am not the kind of person who will ask for things that happened before. We are too different today – what happened before happened to someone else in a way… I hope I make sense.