Intrest Check: System Games (Look within for which)

Started by Spider, December 20, 2008, 05:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spider

So I look again for a game, either to gamemaster or to play in. Thus Im checking for people who are ready to play, or learn to play a system game. Im also more then willing to help those who are willing to learn even if I wont be the GM.

Now Im looking for any kind of game with any kind of system from Sci Fi, Fantasy, Cyberpunk, Steampunk(dont have a system for that myself unfortunatly), Anime and what not

The list of the games I play and have to show what Im willing to GM with a short note of what genre/feel it is:
Werewolf: the Apocalypse & the Forsaken   (Werewolf personal horror game in present time)
Changling the Lost                                   (Personal horror game in present time playing Fae)
Mage the Ascension & the Awakening          (Personal horror game in present time/tombraiding/discovery game)
Shadowrun 4ED                                       (Cyberpunk meets Fantasy in the year 2070)
Exalted 2ED                                             (Anime like game, where you play choosen of a god)
Mechton Z                                               (Anime styled game, with possability to design own weapons and mechs)
Mechwarrior                                             (Sci-fi Mechgame in a distant future)
Trinity                                                     (Sci-fi game where you play a Psionic, mechs included ;) )
Aberrant                                                   (Prequel to Trinity, where you play people who have gained superpowers, for better or worse)
Mutants and Masterminds 2ed                      (Superpowergame, to play Superheroes or villains isnt a must with me ;) )

So if you are interested in any of these, or have your own system you would like to play, leave a note with what youd like to play, what general of direction of play youd want and we can get a discussion going.  I want to play!

Player count:

Mage: 1
Werewolf: 1
Changling: 1
Shadowrun: 4   2 confirmation
Trinity: 2
Aberrant: 1
Exalted 2ED: 4 1 confirmation
Mutants and Masterminds: 2

Pumpkin Seeds

I'd be interested in a Changeling the Lost game, though I only have the main book.  Shadowrun would be fun but don't have the books.  Exalted 2ed is always welcome and I am familiar with Trinity but don't have the book.  Mage the Ascension was always neat but no books and Mechwarrior seems cool from what I've been shown so far.  Anything else I'd be willing to look into and learn if the plot is good enough.

Hope that was a good run down.

Spider

*chuckles* Well I got a tons of plots, not to mention that alot will be based of the characters (when I Gm) as for the books, you wont need them really, I got more then enough of them ;)

so which games you prefer above others?

Pumpkin Seeds

Well I play alot of Exalted.  Also someone did post an interest in someone running an Exalted game somewhere on this board.

Shadowrun is always a good time I think, if only for the setting and its mix of fantasy. 

Preference though is mainly based on plot and whatever you feel has the most strength to it.

Aragem

I could use a few lessons in learning how to play games that aren't freeform. 

Spider

Well I will play the game I get 3-4 serious players. who will stick to the end (RL comes first of course but a notice would help) and post somewhat regularly (daily down to 4-5 a week so the game doesnt stand still for a week)

Aragem any game you are interested in playing specially?

Muse

krieky, Spider, you've listed a whole bunch of my favorites there! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Aragem

The only thing to catch my eye is the Werewolf game

Kolbrandr

I'm partial to Aberrant, Exalted, and M&M 2e, as far as it goes from what you've listed. Would be happy to play something in either of them

Spider

As it seems none has mentioned any wish to GM so I will have to do it :) 

Im still pondering if I want to play a char and GM or if I should just GM. Your preferences to that would also be helpfull

So pretty much, sign yourself up for the games you want to play by saying which game you want to play in and I will update the counter. :D

The Dandy

Shadowrun or Exalted would be lovely. Preferably Shadowrun.
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mnemaxa

I have run and played in a Mage game or three; I have run and played both new and old. 

I note you missed my favorite game though; not surprising, as it's garnered bad reviews forever. :P

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Spider

Mnemaxa these are just the games I got rules for that I am willing to GM, if you wish to throw a fav game into the bunch feel free to, I unfortunatly cant GM it then.

eavatar

Mutants and Masterminds is the one which caught my eyes

Aether

I have always really wanted to play a decker in Shadowrun.  No books, no real experience.  Security and computer expert.  I really like SR's web based stuff and the computer hacking.

Pencil me in!

~A

p.s.  I have played Battletech/Mechwarrior off and on for the past 15 years.  I would play that almost any day of the week  ;D

The Dandy

Well I have a number of Shadowrun books should anyone be needing them.
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

Spider

So currently we have 4 Shadowrunners  and 3 Exalted players

Shadowrunners:Aether, Muse, Dandy, Asku

Exalted: Kolbrandr, Dandy, Asku

So Question is now, who is willing to play with  reasonable posting requirement (once every otherday or something more fitting peoples personal issues)?  I will be rather harsh upon this, its alright to go missing and come with an excuse but, several times stopping the game up wont be tolerated. Its a group game and the group has to be thought of first, make sure that the GM (me) knows when you are going to be offline for a longer while, either allowing the GM to act in your part, write you out for that section, or hold (only for -short- off time)

I will need for those who have shown intrest to reconfirm their intresst, and that they are ok with such conditions (and specifying how often they can post) before I start the game up.

The Dandy

Well I am perfectly willing to accept those. I prefer Shadowrun can will continue to place my vote there, but I will be satisfied either way.

Spider

Ah yes before I forget, Id like the players to state if they would prefer me as GM only or participating with a char as well. (still havent been able to decide yet)

I know all of this sounds abit anal but, I want this game flying and I tried starting 2 games already, 1 died cause of my RL and the other cause the players never commited to the game... thus Im doing this for us (I will work harder not to close the game down on my side, but I demand abit more from the otherside.. hopefully giving it a bit of a boost for it to get it of the ground)

Muse

Actualy, i would like to express intrest in playing exalted as well.  As a player, I can post 1 every 2 days under normal circumstances. 

Spider

So we are now up to 4 and 4 with 2 confirmations for Shadowrun and one for Exalted

Spider

Is it just the holidays and new years or have we lost players already?

Aether

Well, I can post as often as need be.  What ever it is that we choose to play, I may have to find again.

Pumpkin Seeds