GM seeks Adventurer for Solo System Adventures - Newbies Welcome [CLOSED]

Started by clonkertink, April 23, 2018, 02:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonkertink

Well, in 24 hours I got a lot of responses. I'm closing this request for now, as I sift through my offers

As stated, I'm looking to run a one-on-one system style game. What system? What kind of adventure? Well, I'm open to suggestions. But here are a few general thoughts:

Systems I'm Keen to Run:

• D&D 5e - Nice and simple. Always up for a little epic fantasy. Pathfinder is also an option, but I find the rules a little heavy for forum play at times.

• FFG Star Wars - One of my favourites of all time. I love the rules, I love the narrative flow of the game, but most of all I fucking love Star Wars!

• Monsterhearts (2) - Deal with petty high school drama, raging hormones, and the fact that you are a vampire/werewolf/teenage witch.

• Thirsty Sword Lesbians - All the messy relationship drama of Monsterhearts, now in swashbuckling fantasy adventure format!

• Dogs in the Vineyard - You play Cowboy Mormon Inquisitor Exorcists answerable to no one save the Almighty in a Wild West setting. A game that asks you "How far are you willing to go to win an argument?"

• Deadlands - Wanna be a cowboy in a supernatural Wild West setting, but questions about morality and religion don't turn you on? Then play Deadlands! Ride across the weird west, full of cowboys, mad scientists, grifter magicians, and a whole range of monsters that exist only to spread fear across the Weird West.

• Deadlands Noir- Don't wanna play a grizzled cowboy? Then play a grizzled private eye! Investigate mysteries tinged with the paranormal! Brood in the rain as jazz plays softly in the background! Visit a burlesque show! The possibilities are endless!

• East Texas University - It's Buffy, but in Texas, and you're not the slayer. Juggle homework, your social life, and getting to the bottom of what your chemistry prof is doing in her spare time!

If you're unfamiliar with one of these systems, but interested that's okay! I love teaching new players!

Sample Adventure Ideas:

Let me start by saying that I want to hear your ideas. One of the great things about playing one-on-one is you don't have to compete for the spotlight. Wanna play a righteous Paladin on a holy quest to destroy the necromancer Kalarel the Vile? Let's do it. Wanna play a hotshot Rebel pilot with penchant for fraternizing with his wingmen? I'm on board.

Not sure where you'd start? That's okay too. Pick from one of the hooks below, or PM me and I'll be happy to hash out setting info.

D&D
You are the sole survivor of a doomed town/monastery/knightly order. The legions of evil came, razed your home to the ground, and bore away someone you care about deeply. Now, you quest for vengeance! Gather allies and powerful artifacts, and strike back against the hordes of undead/orcs/eldritch cultists who have wronged you.

NEW!: Matt Colville dropped his Strongholds and Followers book recently, and I'd like to give it a test drive. Wanna be the king of the castle? Build a temple to your god? Make a wizard's tower for your research? Wanna build armies, and defend your lands from goblin hordes or the armies of jealous nobles? Hit me up!

Star Wars
Join the galactic conflict! I'm happy to run in any era. Fight for the Rebels/Empire/Resistance/First Order/Republic, or delve into the mysteries of of the Force as one of the few survivors of the Jedi Purge. People who offer to play starfighter pilots will have my undying love. Alternatively, you can play the captain of a smuggling vessel, and we'll do Star Wars Firefly Edge of the Empire.

Monsterhearts
You've just moved to a small town, and are the new kid at school. You're trying to disguise your weirdness, but you're also starting to realize this town is pretty weird in its own right. Does this quiet little community have a sinister secret at its heart? And is that cute guy looking at me omygodheslookingatmewhatdoIdo?!

Thirsty Sword Lesbians
Age of Piracy IIIIIN SPAAAAACE. Sail between the stars, thwart machinations of the oppressive Customs Authority, and fill your ship's hold with treasure and booty, as you swashbuckle your way through the galaxy.

Dogs in the Vineyard
You're a fresh-faced 20-something tasked with riding from town to town, delivering mail, blessing babies, and now and then dealing with the mess caused by a cheating spouse or the devil drink. But you've never seen anything truly demonic. Not yet anyway...

Deadlands
You thought you'd left the criminal life behind you. That is, until a couple of black-suited gentlemen from Out East stopped by your farm and deputized you to hunt down your old gang. They didn't give you a choice. Either they hang, or you do. Either way, justice must be served.

Deadlands Noir
Guess you need another job, because your liquor cabinet is empty, and the landlord is done giving you "warnings" about the rent. It's not that work is hard to find. You just don't like dealing with the spirit world any more than you have to...

East Texas University
College. Your first taste of real freedom. Time to discover yourself, try new things, party hard, and... hey, has anyone seen Angela? We were gonna hang out last night, but she didn't show and I can't get ahold of her...

Once again, these are just general starting points. If you've got a character, and that character has a personal quest in mind, hit me up and let's make it happen.

Smut and Story
The ratio of smut to story can vary pretty wildly. Generally, if I'm running high-smut it'll be kinda campy and silly. More serious stories will probably burn a little slower on the sex. Likewise, I'm not a huge fan of really dark non-con. If you want to get gangbanged by orcs when you hit 0 hp, I'm happy to do that. Just stick to the hentai-ish realm of, "It's very bad that I like this so much." Sex is one time where I'd rather not inflict lasting mental trauma on a character.

I'm happy to play M/F, F/F or F/M. My tastes generally tend toward the vanilla, but I'm happy to indulge non-bathroom kinks.

In Conclusion
I want to roll dice with you. PM me! Do it!

clonkertink

Alright. Ready to bump this bad boy after a long absence.

Added: I've added Strongholds and Followers under D&D 5e. I think running a stronghold could make for a cool solo game.

Hankering: I've got a particular craving for FFG Star Wars or some flavour of Deadlands. But pique my interest and I'll see what I can do for you.