Any GM willing to run D&D 4E solo play-by-chat? [NC-E or EX]

Started by Liuli, December 21, 2008, 02:32:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liuli

UPDATE: As of April I'm looking for a DM again. This is a game that started back in January but fell through, not sure why, probably time zone differance. Once I find a DM I'll update the update (heh).

What I've been hoping for is a solo campaign where I play a novice sword for hire or thief, and while some conflicts end in combat, others can be solved in different means, be it stealth, bribery or seduction. Most importantly though, if I end up hitting 0 hp while fighting goblins it wouldn't necessarily mean game over, instead it could start a whole new side plot...

The story and my character's background can be decided together with the DM, though I have some background for a character prepared:
An Eladrin Swordmage, who lives in a small town with her mercenary mother and adoptive father. Some years ago her mother was sent to help dealing with a nearby goblinoid tribe and was never seen since. Since then the young Eladrin has been working as a barmaid, earning enough money to fund adventuring equipment, as she means to pick up her mother's old sword and try to learn what happened to her.

My timezone is GMT inclined, though I tend to be awake until the small hours. If this sounds interesting so far feel free to check my ONs and OFFs, linked in my signature.  :-)
Please don't PM me if you haven't read my adv thread. I don't play in freeform games.

Jeramiahh

Actually, I run a series of games, solo games in D&D, called the Dungeons of Doom. I have games for both 3.5 and 4e running, and I'm always willing to take on more. The forum can be found here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=371.0  And if you ahve any questions, or are interested, please, lemme know!
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Liuli

Looks like a cool game from browsing it's forums.  :)

It's play by post though, no? That's a bit slow paced for me, which is why I'm looking for a play by chat game.
Please don't PM me if you haven't read my adv thread. I don't play in freeform games.

eavatar

I could try run something for you. When you are awake? I live GMT-3 zone (-4 now due daytime savings)

Tell me which character do you want and them we can set a game

Liuli

Hi,  :)

Sorry for the slightly belated reply (I should have known better than starting a post just before the holidays, heh  :-X )

In the next few days I'll probably be available from 7~8 p.m GMT to 1~2 a.m GMT, though in normal non-holiday days I'm around earlier.

I had a character concept in mind but didn't write down a concrete background since I thought I'll leave things open for the DM's setting.

What I thought to play (which is flexible) was an Eladrin Swordmage or Elf Thief, who lives in a small town with her mercenary mother and adoptive father. Some years ago her mother was sent to help dealing with a nearby goblinoid tribe and was never seen since. Since then the young Eladrin/Elf has been working as a barmaid, earning enough money to fund adventuring equipment, as she means to pick up her mother's old sword and try to learn what happened to her.

eavatar

I am quite open about setting too, but detail me a bit more about the Eladrin swordmage, is it a he or a she, can you write a line or two (no more than 3) lines about the character?

Liuli

So, I haven't been to this site in a while, sort of lost my password and was lazy to dig it up for a while.  ;D

At any rate, back in January I started this game with someone, but it sort of fell through, not sure why, probably time zone hour differances.

So, I'm hoping to give this another go, try again, find a new interested DM. The background for the game from my previous post would be good, as I already wrote an extended version of it.

PM me or email me if interested (and feel free to check my ONs/OFFs in my sig) :)

Xillen

I'm fairly interested in DMing solo or small group games, and my timezone seems to be relatively close to yours (I'm at GMT+1).

Unfortunately, I never crossed over from 3.x to 4.0 yet, so I'm not well known with the rules.

You might have more chance posting this in the Chat Games board.

Liuli

Quote from: Xillen on April 24, 2009, 07:32:43 PMYou might have more chance posting this in the Chat Games board.

I did originally and a mod moved it here.  :-)

Liuli

Edited the original post to condense all the details into it. Still looking for a DM.