Modeling Agency Roleplay, no plot, ideas wanted.

Started by BlackestKnight, July 28, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

I'm just throwing this out there to see if there's interest. As far as I know, no ones ever done one before.

Hercinia

I would need more information, but I could see this being an interesting idea.

Lynnette

Quote from: Hercinia on July 28, 2013, 07:28:03 PM
I would need more information, but I could see this being an interesting idea.

I second this.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Doomglazer

Orval Wintermute

I guess it all depends on what type of modelling agency it is. Were you thinking of some high-end, wouldn't get out of bed for less than $100,000, set up or more of a booth bunny type agency?
I would imagine there would be a certain amount of competition among the models for the best jobs and then the agency would be competing to get the best clients, but how that all comes together I don't know.

BlackestKnight

I was thinking a started from the bottom, not quite made it there mom-and-pop sort of agency because it's more relatable to write about struggle from the position of a hungry underdog. The fun is the getting there, not starting there imo. 

AlexStone

I have to agree that I'd be interested, but it would need more to get off the ground.

In fact, it might be a good idea to brain storm questions that should be answered to put the game together into a cohesive pitch.

BlackestKnight

I think there should be a sort of family feel, know what I mean? Like the owners of the agency would be a married partner couple, the mom and dad respectively. Then there would be aunt's and uncles, the publishers and editors respectively, the models would be like the children, and photographers and make-up artists would be like cousins or something,   all of this would exist in one house, the base of operations. Everyone living or at least working under one roof.

MagicalPen

Would this be a modeling agency that caters to a more sexual nature in regards to shoots and films?

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

steelsmiter

Quote from: MagicalPen on July 29, 2013, 09:18:27 AM
Would this be a modeling agency that caters to a more sexual nature in regards to shoots and films?
I'd be interested in a yes to that ;D
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

BlackestKnight

Quote from: MagicalPen on July 29, 2013, 09:18:27 AM

I don't know, I want it to be a legit modeling agency or at least that's what the owners initially envisioned...but I can see mom-and-pop being tempted somewhere down the road to pimp their children out  to the industry and to themselves. This type of thing does go on even with legit agencies, quid pro quo, unethical practices,  sex for advancement, etc. I mean you never know just how far someone will go or has gone just to have a seat at the table.

JDrew Spider

I'm interested! I would love to play a madonna type role.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

mia h

There are four basic groups people could fit into:
management
models
clients
location staff (photographers, make up etc.)

Characters might multi-task a little but they'd have a primary role to fill, maybe the models also fill in as receptionists or talent scouts when they don't have a camera pointed at them. The management and models would be relatively static groups but there's no reason why the clients and location staff couldn't change round a bit.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

AlexStone

One of the issues in making a game like this work would be the large number of characters we'd need that are, at the end, kind of bit roles.  Sure, some people will play location staffers, but there will be a lot more models and managers.  You know, for reasons. :)

So, we probably need a method to cover those characters (We'll not get enough players to cover it).  In a traditional RPG, there's the GM to handle them- but, if we don't have one, we should have a system, even if it's just a spare OOC thread where people can put minor characters in the game world that people can use.  They don't need to be complicated- one or two lines usually covers them- and people can just sort of use them as needed.

The other thing that would help, I think, is some sort of plot.  Something to hang thigns together.  Otherwise, it's just sexy time at the modeling agency, which sounds fun, but honestly won't hang together for long.  It doesn't take much: just a simple story.  The agency gets a contract for a big show, and we have to put it on! The Agency's founder just died.  Will we hold it together?  Is it an older agency that's fallen on hard times, and we're going to bring it back?  You know, something we c an hang everything on, even if it's just *mostly* sexy times with models and rich dudes.

mia h

Well if the focus was a little more on the agency, the internal politics, getting clients, attracting new talent etc. instead worrying too much about what happens on every phootshoot then that might reduce the number of bit players. Sure if the agency was hosting a charity event that was partly aimed at getting some big account then what happens to the management and staff is pretty important but if a model is just doing a shoot for a local hardware catalogue then is it that important to play out every pout, pose and wardrobe change?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Ambie

definitely bookmarking this. Love the ideas getting passed around. Definitely going to need some crew members...I would definitely like to play a crew member that couldve went for a modeling job, but was just to shy...would rather watch the hot guys get oiled up, etc.

Could be some group outings to shoots posted at random, that would make things fun! Would need to leave it up to management to see who goes where tho! Forcing people together who weren't expecting to hang out...stranger danger!

Ambie