Hey, any "unapproved" newbies here want to role play?

Started by spanz, August 26, 2013, 12:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanz

The suspense is killing me!  Lets have some fun.  Roles?

spanz

how about I am a robot on a battle worn space ship.  The life support almost failing.  we have missed the jump gate, and propulsion is off.  My programming has be fried from an EMP pulse during battle.  So my 3 laws fundamentals are not working.  I see humanoids on board as a drain to the ships resources.  You, on the other hand, think otherwise.  I am powerful, but not too quick, and open to discussions and arguments.

Lovestheclassics

Wow, I am way out of my depth!  I share the feeling of eagerness but are you interested in a rp about kittens and sunshine?  Just kidding but wondering if there will be a place for me if I don't crave science fiction or fantasy?

I wish you a fantastic partner though!

Thorneblood

I'll take request.

Let me see. I shall be this.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
My name is Maeros Caen. I'm human, but not from Earth, and formerly a tech op with a group of space pirates known as the Emerald Suns. During a recon of the damaged ship I was separated from my team and forced to seek out some viable means of escape or communication. My skills are in technical operations (basic computer hacking/engineering/systems repair) and i am equipped with a System Link cybernetic attachment on my left forearm that allows me to form a direct neural connection with any machine the fingers on my left hand touch. I am dressed (obviously :P) in standard clothes and also carry a small laser pistol w/25 shots left.
I am weary of planning and toiling in the crowded hives of men; Heart weary of building and spoiling and spoiling and building again; And I long for the dear old river where I dreamed my youth away; For a dreamer lives forever, And a toiler dies in a day.

On/Off

mr username

If you want to have a few people involved in the game...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
I am a humanoid alien. The robot still classifies me as a drain on resource but I am clearly not human. My species has a similar look to the classic grey vision of aliens but with bluish grey skin, a height around the same as humans, and a head in similar portions as humans. The eyes are still black and much larger than humans. I do wear cloths but they are more like a black skin tight wet suit. My head is exposed but the suit will automatically surround my head in the event a lack of pressure or a breathable atmosphere is detected. The covering is the same material as the rest of the suit but clear around the eyes. If the material is cut or punctured it will seal itself but won't protect me from damage or crushing pressure. My species cannot communicate with a common language but I will understand most forms of non-verbal communication, basic signals, and tone. Basic signals would include a wave of the hand to indicate a movement in a direction or a 'stop' hand signal. I may also respond to verbal signals to get my attention. I don't like being touch, this suit is a bitch to clean, but I am not overtly violent. I boarded the ship to try to find valuable resources but didn't expect to find others aboard the ship so I only have tools. These tools include a basic fixed blade knife, an advance multitool for mechanical systems (think screwdriver/wrench/pliers), a pry tool with a small hammer on one end about a 2/3 of meter long. I can attached the pry tool to the multitool for leverage. I'm no fighter just a scavenger.